Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Samapico
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
<dead animals>
Couldn't it have been wild animals or something?

... oh wait, the beer cans... :o

And this thread is great... lots of fucked up stories... I don't have anything close to the stories posted to contribute though :(

ironcoffin
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:37 pm 

I was 8 or 9 and we lived in an farmhouse in the hills of Connecticut.
We (my brother and I) found a full cat skeleton in a wood pile next to a field out back.
That night i woke to hear one of our cats playing in the lit up hall outside our bedroom.
I noticed two shadows, and only one cat playing.
Trick of the light?
You decide.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:06 am 

Growing up deep up north in a country house I remember seeing little sillouhettes of figures less than a foot tall walking around my room, sometimes hearing my name being called in an almost otherworldly way, and one time waking up with a small goblin like fellow hovering above me smiling. I also remember vivid and crazy dreams from that time and sleeptalking or so my family says. So anyway I passed it off as a wild imagination for the majority of my life and then one day, my sis who lives a ways away visited on a vacation. In a nostalgia session with family she brought up the same things I witnessed and heard though I never told anybody about it including her. That took me aback let me tell you.

Cheers

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:34 am 

You're lucky you weren't taken away to Faerie and replaced by a changeling.

BeholdtheNicktopus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:18 am 

I have two semi-interesting stories.

1. I was in the car with my dad picking up some Chinese food. It was about 7 pm or so, and the sun had just set. Something weird happened with my eyes. I could see through the sign for the restaurant. It wasn't like a blind spot because I could actually see the bricks behind the sign on the building. I could see through some other signs and behind newspaper stands and pillars too! I think it may have been because I was really fucking tired, but it sure scared me.

2. It was around 1 or 2 am and I was talking to my girlfriend on the phone. Suddenly, I started hearing a man and woman talking. I couldn't tell what they were saying, but it sounded like it was coming through the phone. My girlfriend was alone in her room, and didn't know what I was talking about when I asked her about it. It was clear, not like the voices were in the room with her, but I still couldn't understand them. Is it possible for cell phones to pick up other people's conversations? This is something that I'm sure wasn't caused by my tiredness/drugs of any kind.

Not quite as ridiculous as some of the other stories in the thread, but interesting nonetheless.

~Guest 199766
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:05 am 

Nothing too wierd happens to me, but the rest of my neighborhood has something happening every now and then.

Story 1
Probably around a year and a half ago, my mom was taking the dogs outside at night for a bathroom break and it was just another normal routine. Except that one particular night she said she kept hearing a swing coming from my neighbors across the street, but they don't own one nor does anyone else here. For the rest of the week she wanted me to come out with her since it spooked her a little, but I never heard anything.

Story 2
A little after the first story. Once again it was my mom who noticed something. Every couple of days for I think 2 weeks, we noticed this woman just standing next to a light pole gazing around. Oddly enough it was always this real spooky kind of windy night whenever she was out. The woman always wore a dress even though it was cold outside and acted as she was waiting for somebody to pick her up, but no cars drove by. Strange considering it was one of the towns main roads.

Story 3
This one is not really creepy, but a good story. Last summer I was working on a paper and decided to take a break to watch some TV. It was 2 AM and I was about to fall asleep, then someone started to bang the shit out of my front door. My first thought was it was robber so I frantically rushed to my dad, who was sleeping through it even though he was in the living room too. We called the police and found out it was a group of shits going around town banging on doors. Shortly after they came back to my street. I told my dad to keep down because I wanted the cops to arrive and surprise them, but nope he rushed out the door and shouted to put a "fucking bullet up their asses". That nearly made them shit themselves as they ran off. Next morning 9 arrests were made, but that didn't stop them. After Halloween, another group came overnight and pumpkined people's cars, includind my dad's corvette, and destroyed a few graves at the cemetery.

Lately things have been quiet...too quiet.

Carter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:47 am 

This is the best I've got...

I was hanging out with two friends and we were walking back to my house from Wal-Mart around 11 pm. We decided to take a short cut down an empty canal type thing. It's pretty long, with wooden fences on both sides, and it leads to a forest, but right before the forest there's a cut-off to a street leading to my house. Anyways we were walking down it and it wasn't spooky or anything because the houses on both sides gave off a decent amount of light, but about 20-25 feet away from the street cut-off we saw something that appeared to be a person at the very end. We all stopped and stared at it trying to figure out what it was. It seemed to be some guy wearing a white sweatshirt or jacket, but it was pretty dark near the end so we couldn't get a good look. The figure began to move back and forth at the very end, not like someone walking, but just hovering. At this point one of my friends wanted to keep walking, but I kept standing there trying to focus on the figure. The way it was moving made it look like it was a white blur. My eyes started to burn from trying to focus on it. Then all of a sudden it moved up the side of the canal (the sides are slanted) and just disappeared. We continued walking and didn't see anything else for the rest of the walk.

At first we thought it could have been:
A) a paper bag floating, but the figure was moving perfectly back and forth not just floating around aimlessly.
B) An actual person. There's a house right next to where the figure was, but why would a person be walking back and forth in a canal at 11 o'clock? And also if it was just a person that lived in the house they would have had to walked around to the front of the house (which we had a perfect view of) to get in. The figure just slowly moved up the side and simply disappeared.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:29 am 

Carter wrote:
The figure began to move back and forth at the very end, not like someone walking, but just hovering. At this point one of my friends wanted to keep walking, but I kept standing there trying to focus on the figure. The way it was moving made it look like it was a white blur. My eyes started to burn from trying to focus on it.

Completely forgot about a similar incident with me and a couple of friends. You see, I live right next to a school and back in high school my buddies and I would climb the fence after dark and just fuck around on the roof of the buildings and stuff. Well one particular night I brought a kitchen knife with me "just in case" (I know, retarded), and after jumping from roof to roof and sliding down hills with the carts, we were playing around on the playsets.

Well, on the very other side of the field where the track was, I saw some white blur thing kind of hovering around. It looked way too big to be a dog, and this was suburbia right outside the city so I highly doubt it was some great white bear or anything either. My friends eventually saw it, too, just hovering in the distance towards the buildings, where we couldn't see it anymore.

It kind of looked like a much larger version of the dog on the cover of Beck's Odelay. We were all scared shitless, but were determined to find and, if need be, destroy this sinister incarnation. We never saw it again, but all three of us still remember the evil presence of that beast.

Later on when I was discovered Gorguts, I notice on the cover of Considered Dead there was a white, paranormal beast floating around on the right side. My jaw dropped - that's exactly what the thing looked like. It may have been a little blurred, but my eyes weren't deceiving me because I could make out at least that much.

Damn...
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

ScourgeOfDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:36 am 

OzzyApu wrote:
Carter wrote:
The figure began to move back and forth at the very end, not like someone walking, but just hovering. At this point one of my friends wanted to keep walking, but I kept standing there trying to focus on the figure. The way it was moving made it look like it was a white blur. My eyes started to burn from trying to focus on it.

Completely forgot about a similar incident with me and a couple of friends. You see, I live right next to a school and back in high school my buddies and I would climb the fence after dark and just fuck around on the roof of the buildings and stuff. Well one particular night I brought a kitchen knife with me "just in case" (I know, retarded), and after jumping from roof to roof and sliding down hills with the carts, we were playing around on the playsets.

Well, on the very other side of the field where the track was, I saw some white blur thing kind of hovering around. It looked way too big to be a dog, and this was suburbia right outside the city so I highly doubt it was some great white bear or anything either. My friends eventually saw it, too, just hovering in the distance towards the buildings, where we couldn't see it anymore.

It kind of looked like a much larger version of the dog on the cover of Beck's Odelay. We were all scared shitless, but were determined to find and, if need be, destroy this sinister incarnation. We never saw it again, but all three of us still remember the evil presence of that beast.

Later on when I was discovered Gorguts, I notice on the cover of Considered Dead there was a white, paranormal beast floating around on the right side. My jaw dropped - that's exactly what the thing looked like. It may have been a little blurred, but my eyes weren't deceiving me because I could make out at least that much.

Damn...

Were you ever cursed by a Shaman in pakistan or something? I mean I ve never heard of so much weird shit happening to one guy. Never.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:37 am 

I can help you out, I'm a tenth level ranger with favoured enemy Aberrations. Hit me up some time.

altered_vlad
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:06 pm 

My bullshit detector is tingling!

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:05 pm 

Nolan_B wrote:
<fucking terrifying slaughterhouse story>

Holy mother of fuck, I missed this one yesterday night while I was replying to Ozzy and the others. And I'm glad I did, because that's not something I want to read before trying to sleep.
Kudos to your testicles, dude; the loud noise and screming part would most probably have been enough for me to either shit myself, pass out or both, but the part about your friend getting stabbed in the fucking stomach by something invisible... well, I really don't know how I would have reacted. I seem to somehow manage not to lose my head when confronted by tricky situations, but this one is just... too much.

ksbluesfan wrote:
Holding my dead child in my hands was pretty creepy, but mostly just overwhelmingly sad.

Oh man, this depressed me beyond words. So sorry for you :(

Musick's story was also rather severely disturbing. Very well written, too.

Musick wrote:
his eyes...his pupils were the size of dinner plates, no white, just pupil. I felt uneasy straight away and slowly started backing up towards the back of the store. This guy is mumbling/ranting, all I really remember was him saying, "Blood,life,....spills,red..." as he was just walking towards me (there is a large counter in front of us, but he is walking towards the swinging door that would lead him to behind the counter). He said other words as well, but I dont recall what they were...too mumbled. I didnt even have the time/clarity to say anything to him. Too busy feeling the hair on my arms and the back of my neck standing up I guess. As they say, the eyes are the window to the soul, and I didnt like what I saw.

This description freaked me out. The ending was anticlimatic to say the least, but considering it was happening for real to someone, I'm glad it turned out that way.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

HumanWaste5150
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:20 pm 

the only thing that was remotely creepy was when all of 6th grade went to a nice Northern Ontario retreat that was run by a lot of Natives and did a lot of cool stuff such as how to survive for a couple of days, build a shelter out of wood, archery, the usual cool stuff. We were also told a lot of stories, some of them were pretty fucking scary. One of them was how a native family was killed by the drunk father one day nearby. We slept in these quarters that were essentially cabins indoor and when I was going to sleep, I fucking swore that I saw a women walking around outside my window on the field. I obviously attributed it to my young age and overactive imagination (perhaps the giant sundae I had for dessert as well)

Damn, my story is anticlimatic and boring compared to some of these :lol:
We fought to the last breath
Wonder if we will shake hands
Beyond the gates of death

Swiss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:39 pm 

I was spending some time in my grandparents' mountain house in Tennessee one Christmas. It was about 2am and my uncle and me are watching a movie in the living room. We are the only ones in the house that are still up and I ask him if I can have a cigarette; he was the only person in my family that knew I smoked and keep in mind I'm sixteen at the time. So, he gives me a cigarette and I go out on the front porch. The porch was probably 15-20 feet long and had steps going down to the driveway on one side and one of those swinging benches on the other, maybe five feet from the door. I sit down on the bench and light up. This house was literally on the side of a mountain and from the front porch you could see into the city below which at night was dotted with an array of lights of seemingly every color; a gorgeous view. Aside from that it was pretty much pitch black with some modest light shining from the light post in the driveway. As I take the last puff of my cigarette and go to put it out I look over to see a dog sitting at the steps on the other side just watching me, not moving or anything, just watching me. It was a pretty big fucker too; even though it was dark and I couldn't get a good look at it. I could tell it was huge, and from what little light came from the light in the driveway I could tell it was either a wolf or a German shepherd. Most likely the latter but I could only see its silhouette. It obviously was not friendly or it probably would have come up to me. I look down for a brief moment to put my cigarette out but when I look back at it I could swear it had moved closer, but it was still sitting, unflinching. Now I'm really getting freaked out and assuming it's dangerous, I now have a dilemma; I now have to figure out how to get around the table in front of me (which is bolted to the floor) and make it to the door safely. Luckily I managed to stand up and inch my way to the door without the dog charging me, but damn that was probably the most frightened I've ever been, more so because of how stoic it was I mean that dog was like a statue.

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:56 pm 

Lord_Jotun wrote:

Musick's story was also rather severely disturbing. Very well written, too..

Musick wrote:
his eyes...his pupils were the size of dinner plates, no white, just pupil. I felt uneasy straight away and slowly started backing up towards the back of the store. This guy is mumbling/ranting, all I really remember was him saying, "Blood,life,....spills,red..." as he was just walking towards me (there is a large counter in front of us, but he is walking towards the swinging door that would lead him to behind the counter). He said other words as well, but I dont recall what they were...too mumbled. I didnt even have the time/clarity to say anything to him. Too busy feeling the hair on my arms and the back of my neck standing up I guess. As they say, the eyes are the window to the soul, and I didnt like what I saw.

Lord_Jotun wrote:
This description freaked me out. The ending was anticlimatic to say the least, but considering it was happening for real to someone, I'm glad it turned out that way.

Thanks for your words and Im glad you enjoyed the story. To this day, I cant get that incident out of my head. That was the ONLY occasion I have every pointed any firearm at another living being. Its easy for someone to think they would have no problem shooting someone, but until you are actually in that situation, I dont think any of us would know exactly how we would react. Keep in mind Im a civilian, not military or police.

Anticlimatic for the reader, but I was quite happy it ended the way it did. I mean, I was mere centimeters away from double tapping that dumbass. Morally, I dont think I would have much of a problem dealing with shooting and/or killing someone who put me in that situation, but I hate to think of what might have been financially. It might have turned out OK since there were cameras all over the store, but Im glad I didnt have to find out for real.

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

Vook
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:48 pm 

BeholdtheNicktopus wrote:
Is it possible for cell phones to pick up other people's conversations?

Yes.

The only creepy thing that happened to me was when I was maybe five or six years old - I woke up in the middle of the night and hallucinated about two gravediggers carrying a coffin through my room while whistling some joyful tune. Later that night I got up, went to bathroom and out of the corner of my eye noticed someone standing in the hallway and looking at me, not saying a word. I just ignored it and went back to bed, so I must have been really, really tired...

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:02 am 

Strange but funny

I fucked around with one of those singles sites. I talked back and forth with a chick from there, and she convinced me to call her. We talked for a few minutes, then out of nowhere she started talking like a little girl. Like 3 or 4 years old. She literally went from talking like an adult, to sounding like a child. I thought it was strange, but was sure it was a joke. The next day I called her back, and she answered with that little girls voice. I talked with for 2 minutes with her, and hung the fuck up. Shit was to weird, even for me.

ChurningtheMaelstrom
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:10 am 

Awesome fuckin thread, cheers to the cool stories shared by most. Reading through these makes me realize I need to get out more. And @ Lord Jotun & Musick, your respective stories actually made my heart beat faster as though I was reading a good suspense story. Racking my brain hard to think of the few weird/creepy things that have happened to me...I suppose these qualify:

I must've been about 12 or 13, and the house I lived in at the time was one floor, my room at the front of the house, and my bed right next to the window. I'm sound asleep and all of a sudden am awakened and look to see someone's arm reaching through my window grabbing and shaking me. Holy shit I nearly jumped out of my skin...it was one of my brother's degenerate friends waking me up looking for my brother (we used to share a room). I never want to be woken up like that again unless it's Amy Lee trying desperately to give me a blowjob.

I was walking down a miles-long walking/biking trail in the town I used to live in with a friend of mine. The trail cuts through dozens of towns, mostly with businesses, the highway, houses, and some woods on either side at numerous points. Even with all the ambience, there's a lot of wooded patches and it's generally very dark at all times on the trail. We were walking during a cold autumn night down the trail, must've been 10 or 11 p.m., towards a dike. We were almost to the dike when all of a sudden we come upon this little old man...didn't appear homeless... pushing this squealing, rickety-sounding little....old person cart, for lack of a better word. He's literally taking practically baby steps, and as we come up near him he says something like "Cold night eh" or some informal utterance often spoken to strangers. It was funny because we didn't really notice or hear him until we were practically on top of him, and after we passed him and turned right to go up onto the dike, we couldn't see or hear him anymore, and at the rate he was walking, we probably would've still passed him had we stayed at the dike for an hour and walked back the way we came. I don't really think it was a ghost or anything but very weird for some nearly invalid old man to be out there alone like that. Very random.

Anything else I can think of off the top of my head is just weird/creepy feelings, kind of like "you had to be there" moments. I get these often when doing my favorite pasttime, exploring abandoned places. A few years back I was finally trying to explore at length this huge, 6-story abandoned Army office building with a female friend of mine. The first floor is mostly windows (all busted out of course), but once you get to the center of the building it gets very dark, and once you go in a stairwell, forget it...completely pitch black darkness, you can't even see your hand in front of you. Thankfully I had a relatively high-powered Maglite, and we ascend to the second floor, only to experience more pitch-darkness. I snap a couple photos, and all of a sudden my cell phone makes an uncommon but familiar beeping noise. My friend looks at me and says "Is that your phone beeping because it has no signal now" and I told her yes and for whatever reason she nearly started shivering, it was very much a moment where if it were a movie, a killer or monster or whatever would jump out at us. I wanted to keep going anyway, but for some reason that really shook her up and we left.

I made several trips to an abandoned slaughterhouse, once used by the also-abandoned mental hospital across the road from it. On one particular solo trip I was walking through the area known as "Death Row", an aisle of several pens where supposedly the animals next in line for slaughtering were kept. Although the place had no windows left (if ever any at all) and was basically exposed to the elements for close to 20 years, it still smelled like animal fur. Not that unusual I suppose, but still a little weird and unexpected.

I also once was exploring an abandoned house, and came into the living room to find what basically looked like a mummified dead dog. Didn't look like it was purposely killed, and even though the house was literally wide open with woods behind it, no scavengers had come in to take away what was left and leave just bones, like they usually do. Rather unsettling find (I'm an animal lover). I'd attach the pic I took of it but don't know if that's ok...mod approval??

That's all for now, hope to have more/better stuff to add in the near future.

prznmtlhed93
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:14 am 

This one time, I was at the beach with my sister, her daughter, and my mom. We were about to start a stroll on the pier when all of the sudden some dude walks up to us with a doobie in his hand saying: "You know Yahobah?" over and over and over again...

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:18 am 

prznmtlhed93 wrote:
This one time, I was at the beach with my sister, her daughter, and my mom. We were about to start a stroll on the pier when all of the sudden some dude walks up to us with a doobie in his hand saying: "You know Yahobah?" over and over and over again...

You must have been brought up Amish.

Kutulu
Tzeentchian Rubric Manipulator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 am 

I have a shit ton of stories myself. Most of them involving three different houses, but I don't have time to write them all out now, so here is one.

When my family and I moved to California we rented out two houses on the same lot which was comprised of three buildings, the main house, a garage that was converted into a studio apartment and the smaller house. The owner lived in the studio while my sister and her kid lived in the small house and my father, brother, and I took the main building.

The main house was originally the home of the owner's mother, he inherited it after she died. We asked him why he didn't live in the house, instead choosing to convert the garage, and he didn't give us a clear answer at the time.

I was around ten or eleven, and I got the Master bedroom because we were going to use it partially as storage, my brother took the smaller bedroom and my dad would sleep in the living room.

The first night in the room I started to feel sickly and dizzy. But it seemed to come and go for several days. Eventually we began to realize what was making me sick: the bedroom itself. Whenever I was in it I would feel ill and have headaches. We figured it may have been a dormant smell or maybe it was the old carpet that was of a strange design and a gross collage of colors. As it felt like it was spinning when i would look at it.

Once we pinpointed it, my brother and I switched rooms and the bothersome feelings seemed to stop for me and he never complained about such pains. Another thing about the house we noticed was the cellar that was padlocked, but that doesn't seem unreasonable. The entire time we lived there we never set foot down there.

I ended up befriending the next door neighbor who's family was hispanic(his dad didn't speak english at all). The oddity there was that his cellar wasn't padlocked but boarded up, both the outside and inside entrance to it. When I asked him about it he said that when they first moved in a few years earlier his dad went into the basement to store some boxes, came right back up and boarded up the entrance. He refused to talk about it at all.

Several months later in the dead of night my brother rushed out of his room into the living room screaming, the door to my room was always open so he woke both me and my father up. He told us that he woke up to the face of an old woman right beside him and that she was caressing his face. He said he was paralyzed with fear until the apparition disappeared and he bolted. He was in his twenties so it didn't seem like immature hysterics. He didn't seem to worry too much about having to stay in the room though, but some of the abnormal/paranormal stuff he experienced before and throughout his childhood might explain why it didn't bother him.(I could probably make a post out of some of these stories of his)

After this incident we asked the landlord about the room and the only explanation he could offer is that his mother died in that room after being bedridden there for several months. And he admitted that is why he didn't live in the house, it bothered him to know she died there. So much so he wouldn't even really come into the place, he would generally hire a third party if there was any work that needed to be done.

Throughout our time in the house it became common place to find locked doors unlocked, lights being turned back on after we had left and weird noises but all of that can be explained away, I'm sure. The only point of interest left to mention is that the property we lived on and the neighbors used to be one estate before they put a road down the middle of it and sold it to different parties. I still wonder if that had some connection to the cellars.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:52 am 

Some great stories in this thread. I have one, but it's not nearly as good as others.

I work at a Police Station in the morning, as in very early at 5am. Almost every morning the Sun hasn't risen yet. One particular morning, I pull up at the station. From where I park, you can see inside, through to reception. In the foyer, there was a man talking to an officer. He was walking around, and he was generally animated. From my car, I could tell he was a little irritated, but I couldn't wait in the car until he left, as he could stay there for another hour. I get out of my car and start walking up the footpath towards the entrance, and he then decides to leave, or the cops let him go. I was wishing for him to go the other way, but of course, he's coming my way. I could tell he was still a little irritated by whatever happened in the station by the way he was walking. We go to cross paths, and I look at him and mumble, "hey, man," or some pleasantry. However, I'll never forget the way he looked at me - kind of a steely gaze, right into my eyes. In fact, for a fleeting moment, he looked as if he was going to jump me, then decided against it and walked right on past.

I ended up walking past with the image of his eyes burned in my brain. I will still maintain to this day that, had I not been near a Police Station, he would've probably tried to punch me or something...the look in his eyes and his already aggravated nature assured it. One of my more freakier moments.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

juicebitch
Juice Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:34 am 

Fucking hell Kutulu...I want to hear more stories from you please!

Full album for streaming/download: http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases
https://www.facebook.com/HalberdDoom

Possum Vomit
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:14 am 

Holy shit man, Kutulu, please take the time to share some more! :thumbsup:

Adriankat
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 am 

Fucking hell. This happened just now. I'm sitting in front of the computer, relaxing to Gorgasm, then some fucker started knocking on my door. I thought it was a serial killer, so I slowly turn down my music and sit there as the wave of door knockings get louder. My dad walks into the hallway quietly, also thinking it's a guy trying to intrude. He slowly steps into my bedroom to look out the window.

He then makes his way towards the door. I fear that he will be attacked.

Three cops walk in. There was a fight right outside my house and I didn't even hear it. :|

That was anticlimactic.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:14 am 

That reminds me of a story my mother told me. Apparently when I was just a baby they saw a punk with a six inch mohawk and a sword wandering around our back yard late one night. He just hung around a bit then hopped the fence into another yard and moved on. Who knows what sort of mischief he was going to get up to with that sword.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:16 am 

About three years ago back when I was pretty avid surfer, I was making my way back home for dinner, just walking through the sand dunes as usual. So, I approach the top of the dunes and start making my way down and notice some guy stumbling uphill towards me holding a pair of crutches. He wasn't limping and didn't seem to have any real trouble walking but for some reason was holding a pair of crutches. Anyway, as I got closer to him, he suddenly just stopped and started staring at me. I was a little creeped out, but still said "hey" and kinda nodded at him, then, after a little awkward pause he starts muttering, "You're a lucky man.............remember what I said............" then, with both his middle-fingers raised, he just starts bellowing "FUCK YOU!!!!.......FUCK YOU!!!!..........FUCK YOU!!!" and that was my cue to fucking run as fast as I could.

Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:26 pm 

I just answered to someone looking for a guitar player... The guy told me to meet him so I agreed. When I saw him I almost die...

He is my ex's cousin!!! What the fucking hell!!! Why me???

:lol:

Miniferret
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:38 pm 

Damn Kutulu, not going to be sleeping tonight :(

Hellrisen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:49 pm 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
That reminds me of a story my mother told me. Apparently when I was just a baby they saw a punk with a six inch mohawk and a sword wandering around our back yard late one night. He just hung around a bit then hopped the fence into another yard and moved on. Who knows what sort of mischief he was going to get up to with that sword.

Wow, this sounds like something that happened to me too. At a family gathering when I was real young, two kids who lived in the area got in an argument over a skateboard near our house. One killed pulled a knife and the other bolted. The other kid caught up with him though, and he stabbed the kid in the stomach right in our backyard. Luckily for the stabbing victim, my great uncle was a Doctor, so he kept him in stable condition until the ambulance got there. The other kid also got arrested after this. Not too creepy for me because I was very young and not old enough to remember, but my family members must have been freaked out witnessing a stabbing right in our backyard.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:54 pm 

My great aunt died right before I was born. She was going to be 100 on her birthday, which was very close to my own, if I remember right. She had great long silvery hair, very unique and distinguishable. One day when I was real young, my mother was making me lunch or something, and I reached out into nowhere and grabbed at something that wasn't there. My mother told me that I said, "pretty silver hair."

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:54 pm 

I have two paranormal tales for y'all.

So about three or four years ago, I was with a few of my friends late at night, just driving around. Well where I live, when you're bored anyway, we like to play this little game where you drive in parking lots, find cars parked, and disturb the folks having sex, because that's what they do around my area.

Well one foggy night, we were out at about midnight, and the four of us saw a large truck in a baseball diamond, so we idled forward, but when we arrived, it was gone. Nothing was there. Funny thing is, the four us each saw the truck, and knew the model, color and everything. We have dubbed the event with the most original name of all time: The Ghost Car.

And last week, I pulled out of my driveway to get some chow late at night. When I pulled into the road though, there was a person wearing all white right in front of my car. I slammed on my brakes as if I was going to plow the fucker over, now stunned and completely sure I almost ran someone over, but there was not a soul. The thing is though, I KNEW there was a person: I saw them one second, and then they were gone. I glanced around for awhile too. Not a damn thing.

I have another tale if anyone wants to hear. It's not scary though, just weird.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Musick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:24 pm 

Ill share one more. Truth be told, "supernatural" encounters raise my BS meter (no disrespect to anyone...just my honest opinion), but there was this one occasion...

I was in high school at the time, early '90's, hanging w/ my gf, my best bud and his girl at my buds house. His parents were gone on vacation, so we had the house to ourselves until Sunday morning. It was a Friday night. After a night of light drinking and pot smoking, some swimming in the pool and lots of metal, Brandon decides to pull out a ouija board. Mind you, this was not a board you buy, but a custom piece he claimed he made from some "wooden plank from a "haunted" house where someone was murdered" and "letters and numbers he had drawn w/ his own blood"...haha Im thinking, but whatever. It did look pretty cool. Being the skeptic that I am, I was giving him a hard time about it, "Those things are bunk, lame"...whatever. He was all into it and put 4 chairs facing each other in the shape of a square, turned off the music, closes the patio door and the living room windows, lit a few candles and turned off the lights. Then instructed me to sit across from him and our ladies across from each other. My right knee was touching my girls left knee, her right knee was touching Brandons left knee, so on and so forth. Something to do with the ying/yang of the male/female roles, energies and balance...yadayada.

He placed the board on all our knees, so there was nothing underneath the board but flesh, bone and air, picked up the planchette and began to recite some mumbo jumbo, "I summon forth any spirits from beyond..."...blahblahblah. He was trying to be all metal with talk of demons and shit like that. This went on for a few minutes. My girl and I were rolling our eyes. At least this was something different, something "exciting". Maybe it will scare the girls and keep them from going home I thought...hehe. I rolled with it.

He puts the planchette on the board and immediately one of the candles goes out. Mind you, it was near a window, so I thought he was just playing games and left a window open but I didnt say anything. By this time I was down to scare the girls. Judging by the look on their faces, I think it was working.

Brandon says to put our pinky fingers from both hands on the edge of the planchette very lightly...almost not touching the planchette and each pinky was touching the persons on each of our right and left hands...like the knee thing. He said something regarding multiplying the energy. His voice gets deeper and "odder", but he sang in a metal band at the time, so I was just laughing in my head sort of. "I summon thee spirits...", again, blah-blah-blah.

He stopped talking and was playing his role so well, I started to feel a bit odd. But I was pretty high - not fucked up by any means - but Im sure my buzz played a part in my odd feelings. He then "asks" the board, "Will anyone in this room die soon?" His girl said that wasnt a cool thing to ask, but he was all into it and kinda had his eyes rolling into the back of his head...this guy is a champ, Im thinking! Sell it brotha!

Nothing happened. He then asks a more generic, "Will anyone we know die?". His gf is clearly looking uneasy at this point, but remains quiet. Then the planchette starts to move. Im looking at my buds fingers, and they are still barely touching the planchette. Same with the girls. "I KNOW im not moving the damn thing!", I was thinking. I look at my girl and she has a concerned look on her face and I am starting to get a bit nervous, trying desperately in my mind to dismiss this as some trick. The planchette moves slowly to "W", shoots up to "I". Long story longer, it "spells" out, "WITDED". Im feeling VERY uneasy at this time. I really dont think anyone was moving the damn thing. Obviously there is nothing under the board like magnets or anything like that. Then it stops moving. Both girls scream, jump up, knocking the board to the ground, and run away from the living room. We try to calm our girls...Brandon is still playing the role, "See, I told you, I TOLD YOU ITS REAL!" Again, this was my good friend, he was looking a bit pale and uneasy himself. Either he was acting SO GOOD that he fooled me, or this was real. I voted for good, no, great acting myself. At this time, we all agreed it was time to turn on all the lights, put that shit away and have a drink.....or three. Back to some tunes! Well it worked, the girls stayed the night and I was like, "Sweet, that plan worked out perfect!" We all go back to our respective homes the next day, blahblahblah.

So Monday rolls around. Brandon and I shared the same 3rd period class, so I saw him then. We sat across from each other and as normal, I was late to class. After telling the teacher whatever excuse I used at the time, I sat down at my desk. Brandon was busy scribbling on a piece of paper which was unusual since neither of us were the note taking type. He passed me the note that said he was leaving for school that morning and found his cat dead outside of his house, lying in the exact middle of his cul-de-sac. I didnt think much of it at the time.

After class we are in the hallway, hes like, "You dont get it, do you?" Im like "What, your cat died? So what?" (Im not a big fan of cats, so I can be a bit indifferent to their deaths...yeah, Im a dick, I know).

Brandon: "My cats dead!"
Me: "Youre telling me again?!"
Brandon: "My WHITE cat is dead!"
Me: "??"
Brandon: "Dont you remember?"
Me: "??"
Brandon: "My WHITE cat is DEAD! My W-I-T cat is D-E-D"

I was about 16 at the time. I was FREAKED OUT! A jolt went through my body, from head to toe. I imagine thats what it would feel to be electrocuted. Sure enough, his parents confirmed the cats death when I went to his place at a later date.

I never did see that cat again. Still dont know exactly what happened but I dont think he would kill his own cat to freak me out. We never did tell the girls.

That was my only "supernatural" experience that MIGHT have been true. Ive had a few other "supernatural" encounters, but I was able to debunk them all....except this one.

I have had successful trades/sales with:
vegnsanity, DMR, TooHuman, turboeye, minionofkyuss and teuti

immortalshadow666
Transilvanian sandwich, mould! MOULD!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:27 pm 

Oh I forgot, we've got a ghost in our house. Seriously. It's the original owner of this house, and he's unhappy about renovations, whether we're doing them at all, or whether they're botched so badly (it's been seven years and counting to fix the kitchen) I'm not sure, but he knocks things, taps walls, and plays with the lights. We have a hanging chandelier with five bulbs in it, and they keep dying and then coming back to life and we've never, EVER had all five bulbs functioning at once.

I haven't seen him, but I've felt his presence. Should call Ghostbusters, but whatev. The only pain/misery he's caused us is the light bulb bill.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:37 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:

That's why we're here. Speak up!

Kutulu, Musick, Jotun, your stories are awesome. I would, however, like to hear some more on the basement business, Kutulu.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:50 pm 

Musick wrote:
-ouija board-

immortalshadow666 wrote:
-ghost in the house-

I had a girlfriend for a while who believed in all this sort of stuff, including that there was a ghost in her house. Eventually she told me she was a white witch, that vampires were real (but misunderstood) and that she can travel to other planes in which she takes the form of a lion or a centaur. Yeah, things got a lot frostier between us after that one.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:56 pm 

MaDTransilvanian wrote:
GuntherTheUndying wrote:
That's why we're here. Speak up!

Just making sure I'm not boring anyone. :)

Well every year I visit the deep south (United States, duh!), typically in South Carolina and Georgia. One year I went to a very historic town - Savannah, Georgia - that has been known for paranormal activity, much more than most places in the USA. One time I was walking in a public square late at night when a cat came strolling along. It rubbed itself against my leg (as any happy cat would do :D) and I bent over to pet it...but there was nothing. I felt it, but it was gone, and with that much open space, there was no way a cat could scram that fast in a lighted area into a bush or something, especially when dealing with someone that has dealt with speedy felines before.

Needless to say, I talked to some ghost experts in the area, and they claim the cat was indeed a spirit of a cat (no shit), and the most common paranormal figure in the area. It was an eye-opening experience to say the least, and even a little humorous.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Swiss
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:21 am 

iamntbatman's story reminded me of a time I found one of my cows mutilated. It wasn't odd at the time because I just thought it got attacked by something, but now that I look back on it, there was something that just wasn't right about it.

I found it when I was walking through a wooded area on our property with my dogs. As I'm walking I catch whiff of this foul stench, kind of a combination of decomposition and cow manure. Our older cows will often go back there to pass on so I just assume it's just another dead cow (nothing too out of the ordinary if you've been owning cows for 30+ years like my family has). Further along I notice my dogs meandering around what appears to be its carcass, and being the curious death metal type I go to take a look. It was definitely an unsettling sight; both of it's eyes were gone and there was a gaping hole where it's ass used to be with the skin actually pulled back over the hips. It's hind legs were contorted as if they had been broken as well. The stench was horrible so it had been there for a while. I thought it had been a snack for some predator so I got my ass out of there.

The fact the cow had no eyes was not surprising, that's the first thing the vultures go for, but the fact there were no vultures anywhere to be seen and that the carcass looked untouched with the exception of it's rear struck me as odd. Another thing is the way the hide was pulled back over the hips. After my dad had a look at it he had it taken away to be examined (when the vultures won't touch a carcass it usually means it was sick). It was ruled out to be an animal attack. The creepiest thing was that even though the dead cow was pregnant, the veterinary pathologist’s report said that the fetus was gone.

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:58 am 

Musick wrote:
*The Ouiji-wit-cat-ded-story*

Oh for fuck sakes, you call bullshit on paranormal stories but not this one? Don't get me wrong, if your friend or either of the girls truly weren't fooling around, then yes the ouiji board moving is kind of creepy, but it stops there. I mean, WITDED, are you serious?! What, ghosts can't spell?! I'm not gonna even say it was a coincidence, because your friend making the connection is simply his mind obsessing over the event, and obsessions such as this could cause a person to make connections with things that don't even relate in any way.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:45 am 

I have another story that may or may not be of interest.

Several years ago, my dad and I decided to go to a park and kick a ball around. We were there for a few minutes, kicking the ball to each other. I went to retrieve the ball and got in position to kick it back, but my dad was looking at the sky. I was waiting for him to get ready, but he kept staring at the sky, so I yelled, "hey, are you ready?"

Immediately, dad yelled back, "Michael, come here, quick!"

I ran over and he said, "look at that," pointing at the sky. It was partly cloudy, but otherwise clear, and I couldn't see anything. My dad's like, "right near that cloud!" It must've taken a good 30 seconds, but I found it - three dots, in triangle formation, moving across the sky. They were too far to make out what they were, but it seemed they were too far to be birds or planes. We just watched and watched it until they all came together as one, then disappeared completely.

My dad is a big believe in UFO's, and I'm not. He said, "they were UFO's! They had to be!" We both agreed that it was too far away for birds, and planes don't fly in threes, let alone in perfect triangular formation.

I still have strong doubts on UFO's, but I have to admit that I can't explain what I saw that day.

What's more paranormal is that dad even found them in the first place, against the Sun and his own old-man eyes. :lol:

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next