Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:28 pm 

Joemoe1122 wrote:
cremationconfetti wrote:
The other day I decided to experiment with the Ganzfeld effect, and I got the most strong auditory hallucinations I've ever had. Most of it was loud incoherent mumbling or bits of songs I'd never heard before. Not terribly creepy, but very cool

What's the Ganzfeld effect? never heard of it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganzfeld_effect

Didn't know what it was either until I looked it up, and it sounds like crazy shit. Specifically how did you achieve this?

jugchord07
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:20 pm 

GrimSleaper wrote:
When I was going through my my first or second year of middle school about 14 years ago I remember hearing in my room a faint buzzing noise. It would only begin when the lights where off and I was in bed. It would begin to go in and out of hearing range, much like a mosquito flying closer but backing off. Sometimes it seemed so loud that it was flying inside my ear but slapping my ear or swiping the air would not make it go away. I told my mother about this many times but she would just tell me that it was her ceiling fan. I waited until they were not home to turn her fan on and wait in complete silence for the noise to begin again but it wouldnt. Eventually it got to the point where I was developing insomnia and keeping my T.V. on to sleep. I then began a habit of rocking myself asleep to drown away the noise. I did that for about 2 years untill I really started to get into metal than I would leave it on at night and it would help me sleep. I didnt stop rocking untill my sophomore year in high school. Still today I almost always have music playing and I get strangely anxious during moments of complete silence.

I have had this same exact problem since I was about 8 years old. With me whenever there is silence I hear it (in school/anywhere) and it drives me insane. Everywhere I go a have earbuds just in case it gets too quite.

On another note, when I was young my bed was against a wall at an angle where I could see down our entire hallway. I was new to this angle and had slept fine when I couldn't see out, but the day my bed was moved I started to see things. It started off with just hearing moans and nothing visual but just days after I was seeing outlines of people. I would stay up and cry myself to sleep everynight. My parents had written it off as my mind playing tricks on me but the night that one of these figures actual stood beside my bed and stared at me for a few minutes was enough to scare the shit out of me, I would've ran to get my parents but I didn't dare do that because considering my bed was a bunk I would have to crawl right where the figure was standing. After weeks of this happening I moved my bed to where the hall wasn't visible and just faced my wall with my eyes closed tightly and never mentioned the occurences again.

One day me and my cousin had walked outside because he wanted a smoke. It was about 2 AM and my parents were sleeping. When we walked out there was a man sitting on the 6 foot privacy fence balancing without using his hands to keep himself up, anyone who had seen this jagged old fence would know that this was a surely impossible feat. We ran back inside and locked all the doors when my cousin relized he had left his cigarettes outside. Given that he was underage and my parents would've been very angry he looked out and the man was gone so he went out to get them. Right after he picked up the pack the man crawled back on the fence and balanced just like before. This may not seem extremely creepy to most but for me and my cousin it is something we will NEVER forget.

Review requests http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=74246

My blog http://foulfeast.blogspot.com

Five_Nails
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:54 pm 

SuperVeji4 wrote:
Joemoe1122 wrote:
cremationconfetti wrote:
The other day I decided to experiment with the Ganzfeld effect, and I got the most strong auditory hallucinations I've ever had. Most of it was loud incoherent mumbling or bits of songs I'd never heard before. Not terribly creepy, but very cool

Didn't know what it was either until I looked it up, and it sounds like crazy shit. Specifically how did you achieve this?

I was watching some show, it was like the Morgan Freeman universe show or something along those lines. Well, these people were doing an experiment exactly like this, but were trying to find whether or not it could activate the area of the brain they believed the notion of god dwelt in. It's funny that they didn't mention the Ganzfeld effect at all, probably trying to make themselves seem more convincing, but it's an interesting experiment that seems to unlock some creative parts of the brain.

Unrelated: I've noticed that once in a while when trying to sleep in total darkness, before my eyes I'll see this amorphous shape that either grows or shrinks. If it's growing, it's constantly getting larger but not engulfing me. If it's shrinking, it will continue to shrink and seem smaller but its surroundings will never grow or pan out from the vantage point. This only happens when I'm fully awake and trying to sleep.

I've been able to give it some rationalized explanation, but I wonder has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know the science behind it?

Also, when I dream it's never really in any visual form, so I know it's not a dream or anything I need to snap out of in order to wake up.

MorbidSepulDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:30 am 

Five_Nails wrote:
SuperVeji4 wrote:
Joemoe1122 wrote:
cremationconfetti wrote:

I was watching some show, it was like the Morgan Freeman universe show or something along those lines. Well, these people were doing an experiment exactly like this, but were trying to find whether or not it could activate the area of the brain they believed the notion of god dwelt in. It's funny that they didn't mention the Ganzfeld effect at all, probably trying to make themselves seem more convincing, but it's an interesting experiment that seems to unlock some creative parts of the brain.

Unrelated: I've noticed that once in a while when trying to sleep in total darkness, before my eyes I'll see this amorphous shape that either grows or shrinks. If it's growing, it's constantly getting larger but not engulfing me. If it's shrinking, it will continue to shrink and seem smaller but its surroundings will never grow or pan out from the vantage point. This only happens when I'm fully awake and trying to sleep.

I've been able to give it some rationalized explanation, but I wonder has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know the science behind it?

Also, when I dream it's never really in any visual form, so I know it's not a dream or anything I need to snap out of in order to wake up.

I think you might be talking about 'hypnagogic imagery' which is the stage between being awake and being asleep. You can also hear sounds sometimes during this. I believe focusing on these visions is one of the techniques they use to help induce lucid dreams. I've tried focusing on that stuff for as long as I can without moving and the visions get pretty interesting. I guess it would be different for each person but I start to see random flashes, or more like quick fade ins/outs of various faces and scenery, shifting colors and shapes. It's hard to stay focused on this though, because eventually you'll just want to stop concentrating and fall asleep.

Joemoe1122
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:57 pm 

SuperVeji4 wrote:
Joemoe1122 wrote:
cremationconfetti wrote:

Yeah i gotta know how you achieve this

Bitches love Enslaved.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:54 pm 

MorbidSepulDeath wrote:

I think you might be talking about 'hypnagogic imagery' which is the stage between being awake and being asleep. You can also hear sounds sometimes during this. I believe focusing on these visions is one of the techniques they use to help induce lucid dreams. I've tried focusing on that stuff for as long as I can without moving and the visions get pretty interesting. I guess it would be different for each person but I start to see random flashes, or more like quick fade ins/outs of various faces and scenery, shifting colors and shapes. It's hard to stay focused on this though, because eventually you'll just want to stop concentrating and fall asleep.

I don't think that this is a good idea.At least never was for me.
What I experience during hypnagogia is not something I want to see again.

Five_Nails
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:38 am 

Marag wrote:
MorbidSepulDeath wrote:

I don't think that this is a good idea.At least never was for me.
What I experience during hypnagogia is not something I want to see again.

I'd be glad to see at least something with a color to it. I just don't have a visual mind so when I try to induce something like that, my eyes instinctively open or I just keep going with the same amorphous blobs. It sucks, but hey at least I can write pretty well in its place :P

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:19 am 

I was an intern at Nickelodeon Studios for a year in 2005 for my degree in animation. It wasn't paid of course, most internships aren't, but it did have some perks beyond education. To adults it might not seem like a big one, but most kids at the time would **** themselves over it. Since I worked directly with the editors and animators, I got to view the new episodes days before they aired. I'll get right to it without giving too many unnecessary details.

They had very recently made the Spongebob movie and the entire staff was somewhat sapped of creativity so it took them longer to start up the season. But the delay lasted longer for more upsetting reasons. There was a problem with the series 4 premiere that set everyone and everything back for several months.

Me and two other interns were in the editing room along with the lead animators and sound editors for the final cut. We received the copy that was supposed to be "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and gathered around the screen to watch. Now, given that it isn't final yet animators often put up a mock title card, sort of an inside joke for us, with phony, often times lewd titles, such as "How sex doesn't work" instead of "Rock-a-by-Bivalve" when spongebob and patrick adopt a sea scallop. Nothing particularly funny but work related chuckles. So when we saw the title card "Squidward's Suicide" we didn't think it more than a morbid joke. One of the interns did a small throat laugh at it.

The happy-go-lucky music plays as is normal. The story began with Squidward practicing his clarinet, hitting a few sour notes like normal. We hear Spongebob laughing outside and Squidward stops, yelling at him to keep it down as he has a concert that night and needs to practice. Spongebob says okay and goes to see Sandy with with Patrick. The bubbles splash screen comes up and we see the ending of Squidward's concert. This is when things began to seem off. While playing, a few frames repeat themselves, but the sound doesn't (at this point sound is synced up with animation so yes that's not common) but when he stops playing, the sound finishes as if the skip never happened. There is slight murmuring in the crowed before they begin to boo him. Not normal cartoon booing that is common in the show, but you could very clearly hear malice in it. Squidward's in full frame and looks visibly afraid.

The shot goes to the crowd, with Spongebob in center frame, and he too is booing, very much unlike him. That isn't the oddest thing, though. What is odd is everyone had hyper realistic eyes. Very detailed. Clearly not shots of real people's eyes, but something a bit more real than CGI. The pupils were red. Some of us looked at eachother, obviously confused, but since we weren't the writers we didn't question its appeal to children, yet.

The shot goes to Squidward sitting on the edge of his bed, looking very forlorn. The view out of his porthole window is of a night sky so it isn't very long after the concert. The unsettling part is at this point there is no sound. Literally no sound. Not even the feedback from the speakers in the room. It's as if the speakers were turned off, though their status showed them working perfectly. He just sat there, blinking, in this silence for about 30 seconds, then he started to sob softly. He put his hands (tentacles) over his eyes and cried quietly for a full minute more, all the while a sound in the background very slowly growing from nothing to barely audible. It sounded like a slight breeze through a forest. The screen slowly begins to zoom in on his face. By slow I mean it's only noticeable if you look at shots 10 seconds apart side by side. His sobbing gets louder, more full of hurt and anger. The screen then twitches a bit, as if it twists in on itself, for a split second then back to normal. The wind-through-the-trees sound gets slowly louder and more severe, as if a storm is brewing somewhere. The eerie part is this sound, and Squidward's sobbing, sounded real, as if the sound wasn't coming from the speakers but as if the speakers were holes the sound was coming through from the other side.

As good as sound as the studio likes to have, they don't purchase the equipment to be that good to produce sound of that quality. Below the sound of the wind and sobbing, very faint, something sounded like laughing. It came at odd intervals and never lasted more than a second so you had a hard time pinning it (we watched this show twice, so pardon me if things sound too specific but I've had time to think about them).

After 30 seconds of this, the screen blurred and twitched violently and something flashed over the screen, as if a single frame was replaced. The lead animation editor paused and rewound frame by frame. What we saw was horrible. It was a still photo of a dead child. He couldn't have been more than 6. The face was mangled and bloodied, one eye dangling over his upturned face, popped. He was naked down to his underwear, his stomach crudely cut open and his entrails laying beside him. He was laying on some pavement that was probably a road. The most upsetting part was that there was a shadow of the photographer. There was no crime tape, no evidence tags or markers, and the angle was completely off for a shot designed to be evidence. It would seem the photographer was the person responsible for the child's death. We were of course mortified, but pressed on, hoping that it was just a sick joke.

The screen flipped back to Squidward, still sobbing, louder than before, and half body in frame. There was now what appears to be blood running down his face from his eyes. The blood was also done in a hyper realistic style, looking as if you touched it you'd get blood on your fingers. The wind sounded now as if it were that of a gale blowing through the forest; there were even snapping sounds of branches. The laughing, a deep baritone, lasting at longer intervals and coming more frequently.

After about 20 seconds, the screen again twisted and showed a single frame photo. The editor was reluctant to go back, we all were, but he knew he had to. This time the photo was that of what appeared to be a little girl, no older than the first child. She was laying on her stomach, her barrettes in a pool of blood next to her. Her left eye was too popped out and popped, naked except for underpants. Her entrails were piled on top of her above another crude cut along her back. Again the body was on the street and the photographer's shadow was visible, very similar in size and shape to the first. I had to choke back vomit and one intern, the only female in the room, ran out. The show resumed.

About 5 seconds after this second photo played, Squidward went silent, as did all sound, like it was when this scene started. He put his tentacles down and his eyes were now done in hyper realism like the others were in the beginning of this episode. They were bleeding, bloodshot, and pulsating. He just stared at the screen, as if watching the viewer. After about 10 seconds, he started sobbing, this time not covering his eyes. The sound was piercing and loud, and most fear inducing of all is his sobbing was mixed with screams. Tears and blood were dripping down his face at a heavy rate. The wind sound came back, and so did the deep voiced laughing, and this time the still photo lasted for a good 5 frames.

The animator was able to stop it on the 4th and backed up. This time the photo was of a boy, about the same age, but this time the scene was different. The entrails were just being pulled out from a stomach wound by a large hand, the right eye popped and dangling, blood trickling down it. The animator proceeded. It was hard to believe, but the next one was different but we couldn't tell what. He went on to the next, same thing. He want back to the first and played them quicker and I lost it. I vomited on the floor, the animating and sound editors gasping at the screen. The 5 frames were not as if they were 5 different photos, they were played out as if they were frames from a video. We saw the hand slowly lift out the guts, we saw the kid's eyes focus on it, we even saw two frames of the kid beginning to blink.

The lead sound editor told us to stop, he had to call in the creator to see this. Mr. Hillenburg arrived within about 15 minutes. He was confused as to why he was called down there, so the editor just continued the episode. Once the few frames were shown, all screaming, all sound again stopped. Squidward was just staring at the viewer, full frame of the face, for about 3 seconds. The shot quickly panned out and that deep voice said "DO IT" and we see in Squidward's hands a shotgun. He immediately puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. Realistic blood and brain matter splatters the wall behind him, and his bed, and he flies back with the force.

The last 5 seconds of this episode show his body on the bod, on his side, one eye dangling on what's left of his head above the floor, staring blankly at it. Then the episode ends. Mr Hillenburg is obviously angry at this. He demanded to know what the hell was going on. Most people left the room at this point, so it was just a handful of us to watch it again. Viewing the episode twice only served to imprint the entirety of it in my mind and cause me horrible nightmares. I'm sorry I stayed. The only theory we could think of was the file was edited by someone in the chain from the drawing studio to here.

The CTO was called in to analyze when it happened. The analysis of the file did show it was edited over by new material. However, the timestamp of it was a mere 24 seconds before we began viewing it. All equipment involved was examined for foreign software and hardware as well as glitches, as if the time stamp may have glitched and showed the wrong time, but everything checked out fine.

We don't know what happened and to this day nobody does. There was an investigation due to the nature of the photos, but nothing came of it. No child seen was identified and no clues were gathered from the data involved nor physical clues in the photos. I never believed in unexplainable phenomena before, but now that I have something happen and can't prove anything about it beyond anecdotal evidence, I think twice about things.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Alchameth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:17 am 

MGSX666 wrote:
Spongebob story

Now, that was one of the best posts here. Truly terrifying stuff. The worst part is that the sick son a bitch responsible for this horror show is probably still at large. It takes a seriously fucked up mind to come up with something like that.

Sleepwalk
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:48 pm 

Alchameth wrote:
MGSX666 wrote:
Spongebob story

Now, that was one of the best posts here. Truly terrifying stuff. The worst part is that the sick son a bitch responsible for this horror show is probably still at large. It takes a seriously fucked up mind to come up with something like that.

That story was pretty fucked up. It was really creepy how all of that was in a children's cartoon. But, it sounds kind of fake. I don't understand how one person could edit an entire episode to that extent without being caught in the act or how they couldn't trace anything back to the guy that did it.

Still, it was entertaining.

SuperVeji4
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 pm 

Sleepwalk wrote:
Alchameth wrote:
MGSX666 wrote:
Spongebob story

That story was pretty fucked up. It was really creepy how all of that was in a children's cartoon. But, it sounds kind of fake. I don't understand how one person could edit an entire episode to that extent without being caught in the act or how they couldn't find the guy that did it.

Thought the same thing. If it is bullshit, then it sucks that the only way to keep this thread alive is by posting bullshit stories...

Interesting story nonetheless.

Milo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:05 pm 

[quote="MGSX666"]Fucked up Spongebob story[quote]

Well, being the suspicious fucker I am, I feel this is probably fake. That's not to say it didn't accomplish its objective of scaring me shitless and making me feel very uneasy/sad for the supposed victims.

Interesting story, though. The fact in involved a children's cartoon makes it very eerie. However, the slaughtered children are low blow. Fake or not, I was pretty terrified when I read it yesterday night and had a slightly harder time sleeping.

Five_Nails
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:18 pm 

Even if this story is fake, I kind of want to see the Spongebob episode just because of the fucked up factor.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:48 pm 

Dude, MGSX666, fucking fail. You didn't even change the gay "anecdotal evidence" and thinking twice about things at the end.

The rest of you, what are you, just getting your first computers? Anybody who's ever even heard of 4chan can tell you what that story is.

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:17 pm 

Vargafetch wrote:
Dude, MGSX666, fucking fail. You didn't even change the gay "anecdotal evidence" and thinking twice about things at the end.

The rest of you, what are you, just getting your first computers? Anybody who's ever even heard of 4chan can tell you what that story is.

I think I'll sleep better tonight knowing it's fake.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:22 pm 

I think it's one of the best creepypastas out there tbh, but if you're still getting fooled by that shit then you seriously need to get out more. On the internet.

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:36 pm 

Vargafetch wrote:
I think it's one of the best creepypastas out there tbh, but if you're still getting fooled by that shit then you seriously need to get out more. On the internet.

I went on 4chan once and will never go on it again. The first thing I saw was a disgusting picture of an infected, mutilated penis... ech.

DocNoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:18 pm 

That Squidward Suicide is a creepypasta http://x.datchan.org/index.php?title=Ca ... reepypasta <----read some more if you want.

Atrocious_Mutilation
KITTY SO PUFFY

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:44 am 

Even if the story is fake, that is truly the most horrific tale that I have ever read. And the other creepypasta's found in the site linked above are also terrifying. I am not going to read another creepypasta ever again.

MorbidSepulDeath
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:33 am 

Most horrific thing you ever read? Seriously?! Come on, people.

NikeOfSamothrace
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:04 am 

MorbidSepulDeath wrote:

Most horrific thing you ever read? Seriously?! Come on, people.

Great, I probably shouldn't have came here before going to bed. Btw Morbid, fuck you for posting that, now I'm scared shitless.

Looked the story up and saw it was associated with 4chan. Never been to that site, only heard stories which make the Something Awful goons look like saints in comparison. That community is seriously fucked up.

True or not, the spongebob story is pretty horrific never the less. I'm a big fan of horror too and nothing has scared me this much since....well other than the god awful slender man...nothing.

NineGrimNights
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:08 am 

depressing: I had a dream my grandfather was alive and well, and I could hear his voice.
I can no longer remember his voice.

creepy: I was walking with a friend through a forest at night near my house, speaking of white and black magic, and how some of her friends had practiced white magic in that forest before.
A minute after saying that we come to a clearing where we either go left, right, or straight, but ahead of us was a black cat who came from ahead and crossed to our right. Then, I refused to go straight or right, so I went left and home.

traumatizing: What helped bring me away from christianity, which i was brought into and raised to be for all my life, until I turned fourteen.

One night as I was home alone sittig on my computer, I began to experience the "being watched" feeling as many people have exclaimed in this threat. The same feeling I have this very second as I type these words for you all to see.
I began looking around, expecting to see someone or something looking right at me an inch away every time I turned, but I saw nothing.
Then, gradually, I begin to hear voices (and the hair on my arms raise). They grow louder and more shrill, and they whisper my name...(tears form in the eyes). As I was still a christian at this time I began frantically explaining to a friend over the computer what's happening, and all he could tell me was to get on my knees and pray to God.
So as the whispers faded as I got to my knees, before I began, I heard screams of what sounded like humans being tortured, in dying, unending agony.
This is when I, out loud yelled to God to make whatever's happening go away and let his light fall upon me. About ten seconds later, everything stopped.
I was so relieved. No more feelings of being watched by a score or more of eyes. No more whispers, no more screams, just peace. This is when I realized I'd been so frightened I had to take a piss. So I carefully walk to the bathroom, glad it's all over, when I turn into my bathroom...and standing before me is the figure of a boy, with medium length black hair, staring up at me, eyes filled with malice and evil... I instantly reacted by hitting the light switch, and as the light illuminated the room ridding the darkness, so did it rid this horrible boy-being from sight.
I had never been so frightened, never felt so distant from the God I believed to be real and always there for me when I needed him. I learned that, in your times of great need, be it physical safety, mental anguish, fear... You are alone.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:24 am 

NineGrimNights wrote:
One night as I was home alone sittig on my computer, I began to experience the "being watched" feeling as many people have exclaimed in this threat. The same feeling I have this very second as I type these words for you all to see.
I began looking around, expecting to see someone or something looking right at me an inch away every time I turned, but I saw nothing.
Then, gradually, I begin to hear voices (and the hair on my arms raise). They grow louder and more shrill, and they whisper my name...(tears form in the eyes). As I was still a christian at this time I began frantically explaining to a friend over the computer what's happening, and all he could tell me was to get on my knees and pray to God.
So as the whispers faded as I got to my knees, before I began, I heard screams of what sounded like humans being tortured, in dying, unending agony.
This is when I, out loud yelled to God to make whatever's happening go away and let his light fall upon me. About ten seconds later, everything stopped.
I was so relieved. No more feelings of being watched by a score or more of eyes. No more whispers, no more screams, just peace. This is when I realized I'd been so frightened I had to take a piss. So I carefully walk to the bathroom, glad it's all over, when I turn into my bathroom...and standing before me is the figure of a boy, with medium length black hair, staring up at me, eyes filled with malice and evil... I instantly reacted by hitting the light switch, and as the light illuminated the room ridding the darkness, so did it rid this horrible boy-being from sight.
I had never been so frightened, never felt so distant from the God I believed to be real and always there for me when I needed him. I learned that, in your times of great need, be it physical safety, mental anguish, fear... You are alone.

You should be the new writer of Goosebumps. :nods:

ThrashingMad
Skanky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:16 am 

If you guys liked that Squidward creepypasta, read Dead Bart and Suicide Mouse. But I don't think that kind of thing is what this thread is for.

cremationconfetti
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:03 pm 

ThrashingMad wrote:
If you guys liked that Squidward creepypasta, read Dead Bart and Suicide Mouse. But I don't think that kind of thing is what this thread is for.

Still, quality stuff that would make Stephen King shit himself.

Five_Nails
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:41 pm 

NineGrimNights wrote:
depressing: I had a dream my grandfather was alive and well, and I could hear his voice.
I can no longer remember his voice.

Same thing happened to me the morning of my grandfather's funeral about three years ago next month.

I was maybe eight years old again, laying on the couch, as always, and I woke up and walked into the kitchen. My grandmother was making pancakes and my grandfather was sitting at the table eating breakfast. He said, "Good morning. . . eat breakfast quick, it's almost time to go." I immediately woke up after hearing my grandfather's voice and a wave of remorse collapsed over me.

Those are the last words I've ever heard him say.

It's better fabricated than the real last words he said to me when he was in a state of drug induced delirium talking about leaving the hospital to have some Chinese food.

At least I got to shake his hand as a man before he went, I never thought I'd have been able to do that with how bad off he was when I was a kid.

ThrashingMad
Skanky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:57 pm 

cremationconfetti wrote:
ThrashingMad wrote:

Still, quality stuff that would make Stephen King shit himself.

Oh yeah, there is some damn good creepypasta out there.

PhantomGreen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:18 am 

My girlfriend and i moved in with my brother into a house he swore was haunted, i always made fun of him for it. Then after about two weeks of living there we started to experience some very strange things...holy fuck i'm getting goosebumps now just thinking about it...The first thing that happened:
one night i woke up in the middle of the night pouring sweat (winter) i got out of be to check the thermostat and it was all the way up as far as it would go, i reset it, and after the temp finally leveled out somewhat went back to sleep only to wake again, same thing, this went on until i put a piece of tape over the actual thermostat. the heat also woke up my brother and gf, and we took turns accusing each other of doing it.
Then one time i was on the computer with back facing a hallway. my GF and brother were in plain view of me in the living room. all of the sudden i became incredibly cold, the hairs on my neck stood up, and the "being watched" feeling kicked in to overdrive, i slowly turn around to see a dark "figure" standing in the hallway, i say figure because it wasn't necessarily a human shape, but of a black rectangle, i could see light above it, and on each side, but could not see through it . i literally ran into the living room.
Then another time my gf and i were sitting on the couch in the living room talking, all of the sudden her kitten came running across the room and jumped on the couch with us, cowering up against my girlfriend, about the same time that happened, a heavy wooden chair slid about two feet across the wood floors. Several other strange things happened but those were the most noteworthy. every time something strange happened the kitten was hiding in my girlfriends lap or trying to hide behind one of us, and there were also rooms in the house that she wouldn't even go into, even if we slid her across the floor into them, as soon as she could regain her footing she would sprint out of them. (the kitten not my girlfriend) We only lived in that house three months. it got to the point to where we would all sleep in the living room on a fold out couch.

mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat

TheNiceNightmare
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:25 am 

I'm sorry, but by the point where you started talking about the kitten, all that went through my head was "AAAAAAAAAWWWW HOW CUTE!"

I love kittens.

EDIT: Okay, okay, I'm sorry, this was an incredibly idiotic thing to do, I admit. Now how about you guys delete those posts so I can delete this post so we can get back to what we were doing? (praising creepypasta, I believe?)

Last edited by TheNiceNightmare on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhantomGreen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:44 am 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:
I'm sorry, but by the point where you started talking about the kitten, all that went through my head was "AAAAAAAAAWWWW HOW CUTE!"

I love kittens.

Wonder if your parents knew abortion is actually legal? maybe they just couldn't afford it?

mea navis aëricumbens anguillis abundat

DocNoc
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:08 am 

PhantomGreen wrote:
TheNiceNightmare wrote:

I love kittens.

Wonder if your parents knew abortion is actually legal? maybe they just couldn't afford it?

That is not a very nice thing to say. It is also derailing this thread with your stupidity, so please, could we try to keep things civil and discuss/share our creepy experiences and, you know, not get this thread locked.

MaDTransilvanian
Caravan Beyond Redemption

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:34 pm 

TheNiceNightmare wrote:

I love kittens.

EDIT: Okay, okay, I'm sorry, this was an incredibly idiotic thing to do, I admit. Now how about you guys delete those posts so I can delete this post so we can get back to what we were doing? (praising creepypasta, I believe?)

Eh, it's true that they're really cute, don't worry about it.

On a more serious note, the story is pretty damn good Phantom. Creepy stuff as this thread should have. And lay off TNN.

Oxenkiller
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 am 

NineGrimNights wrote:
sittling alone at the computer, etc.

That is an interesting and very creepy story, 9GN. There are a couple different ways one could choose to interpret your experience with the voices, screams, etc. I might have an alternate explanation: You view it as being abandoned and left to face utter evil and darkness by an uncaring or non-existant diety. However some might view that experience differently, as a divine warning. I'm not trying to be preachy here, merely playing devil's advocate, or God's advocate, if you will, so I apologize if I come across as a God apologist. Its just that there are some people who have had experiences like that who afterwards interpreted these visions and experiences, as the divine equivalent of one of those anti-drug billboards. You know, the ones that show portraits of meth addicts with rotted teeth, sunken faces and open sores that are designed to scare people away from getting into meth. In other words, some supernatural (but NOT inherently evil) power might have been trying to get your attention to scare you away from taking actions that will cause damage to you in some way, either physically or spiritually. In other words, it could have been a divine warning rather than a demonic invasion.

However, I cannot assume anything because I was not there, I did not experience what you did, and I do not know you. I also dont mean to come across as all religious here. I too have experienced odd/freaky things by virtue of living in an apartment that may have been haunted, but I NEVER experienced anything as horrible or frightening as you did.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:50 am 

Anyone ever had lucid dreams, where you control what you do inside your own dream?

This isn't really all that creepy, but I was talking to my supervisor at work about them the other day. I always remember my dreams vividly. I'm a very heavy sleeper (I need to be since I work graveyard shifts only and if I woke at the slightest sound I'd be awake every time someone did something outside - which is a LOT in the daytime when I sleep), and I can describe and remember the sensations of pretty minor things for days after I dream them.

My supervisor, anyway, said that if you want to start lucid dreaming, you have to first keep a dream journal and describe everything you can about certain things. You will start to pay attention more in your dreams. For example:
Day 1: I dreamt I went to a store.
Day 2: I dreamt I walked from my house to a store.
Day 3: I dreamt I walked from my house to the 7-11.
Day 4: I dreamt I walked at a moderate pace down a brightly-lit road at noon to the 7-11.
etc.

What comes next is to constantly question "am I awake?" to yourself while you are, in fact, awake, and trick your own mind into questioning yourself like that, and seriously considering the possibility that you may be asleep at any given time. This can be a real mindfuck. It's easier for heavy sleepers like me to distort the line of reality (the other day I dreamt my friend was in Mexico and so when he called me in real life I actually thought he was in Mexico), but a lot of people have serious difficulty getting past this.

What will start to happen is that you will always start to notice details in your dreams. For example, if you're in your room in your dream and there are inconsistencies, you will notice that your dresser is not there or something, and realize you're dreaming. From that point on, your conscious mind will start to try and take over, steering the dream in the way you want it to go.

But this is not allowed.

Your subconscious will wrestle your conscious mind away from the control, sometimes "teleporting" you to another, completely different dream to throw yourself off of the track and bury your conscious mind again. It will feel like an earthquake is hitting the dream as this happens, or something along those linse. The "borders" of the "picture" (if you think of the dream like a movie playing) will get squiggly. The dream will be destroyed.

This will always happen for the first few times before you start to master it, and then it will be easier for you to lucid dream.

He also told me the story of why he doesn't lucid dream anymore.

I've heard that you can never, ever die in your own dreams. Either you wake up just before, or the dream switches. I've never put it to the test or heard it proved or disproved.

My supervisor dreamt one time that he was in a fight or something like that, and got shot. Sometimes when you close your eyes and there's no other distinguishable sounds (other than the "white noise" your brain always generates), you can only hear your heartbeat. When my supervisor got shot in his dream, everything went black. He saw, felt and heard nothing, except his own heartbeat. And since he was dying, he heard his heartbeat start to slow down, like:
Ba-bump
Ba-bump
Ba... bump
Ba.... .... ... bump
b.... .. .. .... ... .. . . . .b....

And in his dream, he died, and his heart stopped. Suddenly, he woke up, and his heart had literally, actually stopped.

Then something happened while he was telling me the story so we both had to go deal with it. So I try not to lucid dream too much. Apparently you can die.

Maybe this would be better for the Dreams thread, but I figured it was creepy that he died in his dream - then died irl :O

TheNiceNightmare
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:21 am 

That is indeed a disturbing story, Vargafetch, and I'm sure it could be of some interest to the dream-thread aswell, even if it isn't very active. Imagine that the mind has such powers, huh?

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:21 pm 

Vargafetch wrote:
Maybe this would be better for the Dreams thread, but I figured it was creepy that he died in his dream - then died irl :O

so wait, he actually died the next day?

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

TheNiceNightmare
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:44 pm 

I think he meant that the guy's heart stopped as he woke up, and had to be resuscitated, or noticed his heart had stopped as he woke up (and might've jumpstarted on its own from the shock). Either that, or there's a massive hole in the story.

Sathanas_BM
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:19 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
Vargafetch wrote:

so wait, he actually died the next day?

If he died, how could his supervisor tell Vargfetch why he stopped lucid dreaming...

thepoopsmithmaster wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Are you that dense?
Define dense.

werebear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:09 am 

I was once abducted by extra-terrestrials. They don't look like the martians from Hollywood. They're much creepier.

crusthead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:37 am 

I dont know if this could have been a dream, because I was not asleep yet. Im lying in bed one with my eyes half closed. The light in the room is very dim. I experienced that feeling that theres someone around and opened my eyes to see a figure leaning over me, trying to take something out of the book shelf right next to the bed. I didnt react initially, but just looked on as the figure started walking away from me... it looks back at me once before fading away.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next