Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:01 am 

Infinite may be too much of a stretch, but the idea of several "frequency planes" is something I wouldn't have trouble accepting.
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:01 am 

Lord_Jotun wrote:
Infinite may be too much of a stretch, but the idea of several "frequency planes" is something I wouldn't have trouble accepting.

That may be so, as is your right. I'm just saying that the more star-wars sounding explanation isn't necessarily the most logical explanation.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:10 pm 

somefella wrote:
Lord_Jotun wrote:

That may be so, as is your right. I'm just saying that the more star-wars sounding explanation isn't necessarily the most logical explanation.

Even some old pagan beliefs worked on the assumption of multiple worlds being connected. There is my olive branch, folklore, and modern science holding hands.

ingurgitateflesh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 pm 

i use to play the beginning of slayer hell awaits really loud that or cradle of filth's Dinner at Deviant's Palace and that use to scare the hell out of my friends at sleepovers. it was never a good idea to listen to it by myselfs it made everything scarier then it normally was.

mentalendoscopy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:28 pm 

Back in the day (probably '04 or '05) my friend invited me, my brother, and a couple of his friends over for his birthday party. Now, at these parties our favourite game to play was (of course...) hide and go seek, and because he had some really nice woods, that was always a fun game to play. Any way, so we all ran out into the woods, but he claims that he went out a bit too far, and saw this really tall man, wearing layers and layers of clothing ('twas in the middle of the summer), walking away, down a dirt path in the woods. That night, as we were trying to sleep, I could have sworn I heard someone creeping around outside...

Moving on, a few years later, we had both gotten into metal, and had started a band together. We always practiced at his place. Our guitarist wasn't exactly the calmest person on earth (he tried to beat up our other guitarist because he tried to turn off the lefty flip in guitar hero), so naturally there was quite a bit of tension around there. This, combined with his growing hatred of his father (who had just recently moved out on him during his senior year in high school), seemed to draw odd things to happen at the house. Once, he claimed he woke up in the middle of the night, with a black mass above him, which restricted him, before an invisible force picked him up and threw him around his house. When he woke up, there were bruises all over his body. Later on, he went into the basement to get some frozen pizza, and began to hear a cackeling sound, when intensified as he walked up the steps. He once walked home from school, and took a picture of his cat with his phone (with the colors inverted) right outside his front door. When he looked at the result, there was what appeared to be a black blob (of course, it would have been white in reality) over his cat's eye. However, when he showed to me, I turned the phone around, and saw what looked like an old women facing the other direction, with a hood pulled over her head.

There are so many other small things (shadow people, invisible people, self-closing doors, random ghostly girls appearing, etc.), though the only really big thing I can remember happening was this: I believe it was a Friday evening, and he was holding a party with some friends and band-mates. He was sitting on the couch in his living room (which is right beside the kitchen), with all the lights turned off but a single lamp in the living room, just telling his ghost stories, when the light bulb in the kitchen just exploded (the metal part remained in it's socket). His girlfriend, and a couple of his male weed buddies, moved in with him recently, so he hasn't really had any stories lately. The most recent was in December (I think) when our band's current guitarist, a bunch of his friends, and a girl our guitarist had some drama with (which I won't get into...) experienced some paranormal stuff (including a knocking on a door that was only accessible by 30-stairs up to the balcony, and of course no one was there).

This has led me to the conclusion that these aren't ghosts, but something else. Something that feeds off negative energy, and is drawn to it. This would explain why these things stopped (for the most part) when tensions lowered, but returned when the guitarist and the girl were there. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced something like this?

I have other stories too, of things that have happened to me (some are funny, some are scary, etc.), but I'll leave them for later.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:45 pm 

mentalendoscopy wrote:
Back in the day (probably '04 or '05) my friend invited me, my brother, and a couple of his friends over for his birthday party. Now, at these parties our favourite game to play was (of course...) hide and go seek, and because he had some really nice woods, that was always a fun game to play. Any way, so we all ran out into the woods, but he claims that he went out a bit too far, and saw this really tall man, wearing layers and layers of clothing ('twas in the middle of the summer), walking away, down a dirt path in the woods. That night, as we were trying to sleep, I could have sworn I heard someone creeping around outside...

Moving on, a few years later, we had both gotten into metal, and had started a band together. We always practiced at his place. Our guitarist wasn't exactly the calmest person on earth (he tried to beat up our other guitarist because he tried to turn off the lefty flip in guitar hero), so naturally there was quite a bit of tension around there. This, combined with his growing hatred of his father (who had just recently moved out on him during his senior year in high school), seemed to draw odd things to happen at the house. Once, he claimed he woke up in the middle of the night, with a black mass above him, which restricted him, before an invisible force picked him up and threw him around his house. When he woke up, there were bruises all over his body. Later on, he went into the basement to get some frozen pizza, and began to hear a cackeling sound, when intensified as he walked up the steps. He once walked home from school, and took a picture of his cat with his phone (with the colors inverted) right outside his front door. When he looked at the result, there was what appeared to be a black blob (of course, it would have been white in reality) over his cat's eye. However, when he showed to me, I turned the phone around, and saw what looked like an old women facing the other direction, with a hood pulled over her head.

There are so many other small things (shadow people, invisible people, self-closing doors, random ghostly girls appearing, etc.), though the only really big thing I can remember happening was this: I believe it was a Friday evening, and he was holding a party with some friends and band-mates. He was sitting on the couch in his living room (which is right beside the kitchen), with all the lights turned off but a single lamp in the living room, just telling his ghost stories, when the light bulb in the kitchen just exploded (the metal part remained in it's socket). His girlfriend, and a couple of his male weed buddies, moved in with him recently, so he hasn't really had any stories lately. The most recent was in December (I think) when our band's current guitarist, a bunch of his friends, and a girl our guitarist had some drama with (which I won't get into...) experienced some paranormal stuff (including a knocking on a door that was only accessible by 30-stairs up to the balcony, and of course no one was there).

This has led me to the conclusion that these aren't ghosts, but something else. Something that feeds off negative energy, and is drawn to it. This would explain why these things stopped (for the most part) when tensions lowered, but returned when the guitarist and the girl were there. I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced something like this?

I have other stories too, of things that have happened to me (some are funny, some are scary, etc.), but I'll leave them for later.

That's some pretty crazy shit if it's true. Glad you posted and kept this thread alive.

satanic_neumann
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:33 pm 

My clock stopped 2 years ago at 06:06:06. I changed batteries once and it worked okay for a few days but then it stopped again at 666.

Other recently happened creepy thing is that i saw a dream where i strangled my mother to death. That was really disturbing. But maybe it was a reference that sometimes one have to destroy something you love for greater good.

And last summer i almost drove to a river with my cycle after two days of heavy drinking. Nothing to do with suicide whatsoever, i was just so damn drunk.

Reginald
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:59 am 

satanic_neumann wrote:
And last summer i almost drove to a river with my cycle after two days of heavy drinking. Nothing to do with suicide whatsoever, i was just so damn drunk.

I thought that stuff was just crazy stereotyping! No offence intended, of course, I'm sure you're no worse than the Russians, the Irish, or the residents of Perth.

This reminds me of an old memory of mine. It all unfurled at the afterparty for my high school ball/prom. My date cancelled, and I hated the music that was constantly bludgeoning me, so I fell asleep in the lobby of the hotel we were holding the event in. Naturally, the only thing that could make up for the lacklustre event was drinking heavily afterwards. It made sense at the time. So, anyway, one of my mates, who is a total lightweight, he got pretty pissed and started wandering out into some pretty dense bushland. We're in an area with very few houses or buildings, mind you. So, I follow him off to try and stop him from getting mauled by a kangaroo, which, in my intoxicated state, seemed quite probabe. "Screw this!" he said, "I'm going to keep going until I reach the end!"

Anyway, I end up wandering off in the wrong direction, it's around 2am or something, I'm cold and I've had a fair bit to drink, so naturally I get a bit worried. Then I trip on some earthly protrusion, and flip out, running around trying to figure out where I was, falling over stuff. It might not sound scary, but I was pretty freaked out at the time. The rest of the story isn't as exciting as it is awful, which is really saying something. A guy asked me to be his wingman while he tried to hook in with two different young women, then he feinted and we stole his shoes, a sleazy Romanian nearly got beaten up, and a bunch of dudes told me that they loved me.

In all seriousness, though, I was pretty shaken up.

satanic_neumann
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:59 am 

Reginald wrote:
satanic_neumann wrote:

I thought that stuff was just crazy stereotyping! No offence intended, of course, I'm sure you're no worse than the Russians, the Irish, or the residents of Perth.

Haha no offence taken. Thats the very reason why stereotypes exist, because they are actually true.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:56 am 

mentalendoscopy wrote:

I haven't, but my girlfriend purportedly has. She's told me a few stories about what she's concluded is one or more shadow men following her, and given her chronic depression and multiple suicide attempts (especially in the last year), she exudes negative energy like there's no tomorrow.

Many years ago when she still owned a car, a shadow man followed her a lot of places. I don't remember any details about her prior experiences with them (they were before I met her). There's one I do remember her telling me in which she was driving, and suddenly the shadow man LEAPT OUT in front of her car, causing her to swerve dangerously. Again, I don't remember any further details.

I don't know how long that was before she met me (we've known each other just over a year), but recently she's been beset by again at least one shadow man or creature. For one of the experiences, I was there for it, and so was my friend.

The friend I'm referencing was the Native friend I was with in an earlier post I made in this thread, and the story with the shadow man was similar in essence to the "Druid Tree" story in this post:

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... t=#1490051

So the situation with my girlfriend and the 'shadow man' thing was that myself, her, my Native friend, and two other guys (both of them loud, berserker types, those 2 being the least reverent of the 5 of us) went drinking in Central Park - not the Central Park in New York, but the one in Burnaby, Canada. I don't know why it's named that, it's nothing like the other Central Park.

To give context and a setting to the story, I've had a few perceivable-as-supernatural experiences in Central Park before myself. One really, really good one, a few other not as notable ones, and only one bad one. When I walk through it alone at night time, it's hard to tell whether I'm more superstitious about spirits, or cautious about getting mugged, which is entirely likely in that park. Once or twice I've felt 'unwelcome,' for lack of a better word, and have simply left the park altogether - every time that's happened I've been alone.

Anyway back to the point about negative energy attracting shadow men, the 5 of us were drinking and carrying on as usual, but my girlfriend and my Native friend both had chips on their shoulders, and both of them were less-than-pleased with me for various reasons. Not so much as to not come drinking, but enough to harbour some resentment as opposed to hostility. Neither of them drank, but myself and the other 2 did.

Time went on, the 3 of us who were drinking got drunk (or just tipsy at least in my case) and my girl and my friend went for a walk. We were near a tiny lake (maybe about 100x300 feet), and they just walked around that, remaining in view. When they got back, they told me that when they'd passed a certain tree, pointing it out, they'd suddenly felt a dread, malign presence (in their own words) crushing down on them. Not much more was said about it, and the "presence" hadn't "followed" them or anything.

Soon after, my girlfriend said she observed something come out of the treeline across a nearby wooden bridge, but it wasn't a physical entity. It was shaped almost like a dog except a bit bigger, and it didn't have a head or tail or any visible protrusions except four jagged, long legs that it used to rapidly walk across the bridge and "stare" at her. It was a shadow man-like thing, and as soon as she brought enough of her own attention to it, it rapidly went back and entered the forest. The dread she'd felt before returned. According to her (and I've had similar enough experiences to believe her) it was more than just the body's reaction to fear.

Interestingly, she didn't immediately talk about it, but at the time she saw this I suddenly started feeling a kind of primal emotion well up in me, some kind of instinct that got me ready to fight, and I started scanning around the lake to see if there was something that would warrant my attention to go fight. I didn't see anything, but I didn't really look at the bridge. My Native friend felt and saw nothing.

Eventually my girlfriend told us about it and I went across the bridge to see if I could still go fight it, but she said the dread feeling had passed. I still looked around for it with the other 2 who were drinking, but I was the only one of the 3 of us to believe her. That was all that happened that night.

So as far as "shadow people get 'summoned' by negative energy" theory goes, she saw and felt that on a night that she and a friend were exuding negative energy.

Though in my previous post that I linked to, myself and that same friend hadn't had a negative night. I don't recall any 'badness' that might have set that off that night.

Now recently, my girlfriend was followed by a shadow man again, this time not some weird dog-thing, just a shadow man. She had walked me to a bus stop so I could go to work, and was walking back the 3 blocks between the bus stop and her house. As soon as she left my side she felt like something was following her, and she couldn't see anything. She got scared to the point of terror.

She had to walk through a park to get home, and the park was open enough that you can see probably about 100-200 feet behind you if you look back. So she speed-walked through the park, looking back every few seconds, and there it was: the shadow man. Every time she looked back it was the same distance away, but it didn't seem to move when she looked.

She's seen it a few times since then. This was only a few weeks ago. Whether this is the product of the depression returning (the symptoms tend to come and go for her) or not could be up for debate.

She made a suicide attempt yesterday while I was asleep (I work graveyard shifts so it was in the daytime), but she was discharged from the hospital yesterday as well and now says she feels better. I'll ask whether or not she has seen the shadow man recently, and see if she sees him anymore now that the depression seems to have passed.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:47 am 

Vargafetch wrote:
mentalendoscopy wrote:

So do these "sightings" always occur at the same locations? I guess it could be EMF sensitivity. Basically, every electronic device gives off electromagnetic radiation that can cause certain people to feel depressed and hallucinate (matter of fact, scientists have induced "paranormal" hallucinations in people just by putting them in a dark room with high exposure to electromagnetic radiation). The earth naturally produces EMF in certain areas that have been associated with feelings of uneasiness and hauntings. I would try taking your girlfriend on a short road trip sometime and see if her symptoms go away.

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:00 pm 

On the other hand, I'm not entirely convinced that shadow people, whatever they are, are fictional. I woke up at about 5:00 am one morning and saw the silhouette of a man standing at the edge of my bed back when I was about 12 years old (long before I had even heard of shadow people). I got a damn good look at it because I wanted to make sure I wasn't misinterpreting my camera tripod that I always had set up for filming videos in my room. I can guarantee I wasn't mistaking an inanimate object for something else. I gave it the benefit of the doubt before pissing myself and closed my eyes for a couple seconds to see if it was still there. The figure was gone when I opened my eyes back up. This couldn't have been anyone I was living with. It was literally impossible to walk in my hallway without making the floor squeak- and I heard nothing when the figure disappeared. My mom was sound asleep and my dad was already at work.

As for the atmosphere at my house, it was pretty depressing. Everyone else in my family was always screaming at each other and I silently suffered with my own depression. There were many times where I'd senselessly wake up in the middle of the night with a feeling of total dread- a much more "genuine" feeling that there was no way of distracting myself from. This discussion is really making me wonder, though I'm still skeptical for the most part.

Bede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:19 pm 

This June I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a black figure lying next to me. When I lifted my head a bit to see more clearly what the hell is going on, the figure rose on top of me and tried to strangle and/or suffocate me. I kind of fought back and screamed, and then the figure just disappeared.

I'm not sure what it was, but I had just returned from a festival in which I was drunk three successive days, so I thought I was just experiencing some severe hangover side-effects. Now I'm not that sure anymore...

Funeral_Shadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:56 pm 

Creepiest thing I can remember of recent times happened in like 2003ish...

I was on the public train in my city. Standing across from me in the train car was a young man with long curly black hair in a business suit holding a brief case in from of his groin area. I don't know what it was that made me look down there, but when I glanced at the briefcase for a second, I noticed hiding behind it was his hand holding his penis with jizz all over it!

I was (needless to say) shocked at seeing this! I stared for like 5 seconds in shock but then noticed he saw my face and had like the creepiest psycho face looking at me. I just turned away and walked dumbfounded to the next car to get away from that creeep.

I don't know if anyone else noticed him jacking off behind the briefcase... the train was moderately crowded yet I feel like I was the only one who noticed. I have NO idea what/who he was jacking off to... sick weirdo!

My eBay page which usually has rare OOP metal shirts and CD's: Click Here

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:10 am 

Bede wrote:
This June I woke up in the middle of the night and saw a black figure lying next to me. When I lifted my head a bit to see more clearly what the hell is going on, the figure rose on top of me and tried to strangle and/or suffocate me. I kind of fought back and screamed, and then the figure just disappeared.

Bro, this is the "creepiest stories," not "I got date-raped by angry Negros" thread.

bassistneededlolnot wrote:
So do these "sightings" always occur at the same locations? I guess it could be EMF sensitivity. Basically, every electronic device gives off electromagnetic radiation that can cause certain people to feel depressed and hallucinate (matter of fact, scientists have induced "paranormal" hallucinations in people just by putting them in a dark room with high exposure to electromagnetic radiation). The earth naturally produces EMF in certain areas that have been associated with feelings of uneasiness and hauntings. I would try taking your girlfriend on a short road trip sometime and see if her symptoms go away.

Actually all the examples I've given so far have been in different locations, but all of them are places removed from areas that have power supplied to them, houses and whatnot.

Bede
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:50 am 

Vargafetch wrote:
Bro, this is the "creepiest stories," not "I got date-raped by angry Negros" thread.

Oh sorry, I guess it's just a mundane thing for you to wake up and see black, shadowy figures next to you and then disappearing. Then again I obviously do not share the experiences you have got from dates... bro.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:26 am 

Wow, take a joke.

ScottMcCurdy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:08 pm 

I have a few

About a year ago in a particularly rough area of Boyle Heights (super super ghetto neighborhood) I was stranded with no ride after some backyard concert, living about 45 miles east of LA I decided the easiest way to get home would be to buy a metro ticket and ride the train home. The Thing is that it is a 19 mile walk (just mapquested it) to the train station. So here I am a 18 year old white dude wearing a camoflage vest thats up patched up walking through the toughest 19 miles that the city of Los Angeles has to offer, I forgot to mention that it was 2 in the morning..

So i start my journey and within the first mile I stumble upon this twitching junkie thats lying in the middle of the sidewalk. As I step around him, he grabs my ankle with strength that I never imagined some street rat could muster. I kick him in the face but it doesnt seem to do much, he stood up really fast and rushed me against a wall. We are locked together for a while, me being pressed against this wall trying to land as many blows as possible on him, while he tries his best to take me to the ground. Eventually the fight is taken to the ground. I ended up on my back while he had a mount on me with his hands around my throat, during this time he was screaming about how hes gonna stab me with one of his presumably disease infested needles and choke me to death. As soon as I heard this dude bring up the needles some crazy inner brute force came out within me, I managed to flip up on top of him and get him on the ground. After beating on his face for what seemed like an eternity I finally felt his strength give out, he was knocked out cold.

Almost seconds after the fight ended a LA police car squealed up and the officer slammed my ass to the ground and handcuffed me, after bringing me to the station and a long time of talking, a cop gave me a ride home and I wasnt charged with anything due to the fact that this homeless guy has a long history of violence and the cops knew him by name. On the ride home the cop who was driving informed me that the police suspect that I fractured the dudes orbital rim (eye socket), knocked loose a couple of his teeth, and probably broke his jaw. I cant believe the cops didnt pursue this incident further, but it just goes to show you that LAPD doesnt really give a fuck about the street people of the city. I dont know what happened to the dude, I assume he is in jail though.

I ended up having a broken nose (which i never informed the police of), and a chipped tooth. Definitely the most stressful, intense, and creepy incident of my life

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:52 pm 

I'm glad to see this thread up and running again.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:01 pm 

This topic has turned into the "unrealistic ghost stories" thread.

Fortifiv3
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 am 

Every once in a while I wake up in the middle of the night but I can't move a muscle. I can't even move my eyes in my sockets but I am conscious. It is very weird but now I am so used to it happening I think it is relaxing.

Areskelian
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 am 

Sleep paralysis. Been covered a ton in this thread.

Guz2
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:12 pm 

Thor_Evlor wrote:
Bobby_Typhoon wrote:
It seemed like I had been asleep for quite some time when the pressure in the room seemed to increase suddenly. I felt like I was being crushed. I couldn't breathe and almost couldn't move. I started trying to scream, though it sounded like nothing was coming out of my mouth.

That happened to me quite a few times in my early 20s; I'd wake up feeling this pressure on me, but I couldn't open my eyes, couldn't breathe, couldn't scream, and couldn't move. I'd just be laying there in a panic, after a few seconds I'd "break free" and open my eyes and try to catch my breathe. Never figured that out either...

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me

EDIT: Most useless post ever. That's the last time I post in a thread without reading the last post...

Preisser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:46 am 

Read a few of these stories,some of them are cool,others pretty lame...just saying. I have two stories and they both took place in my recently deceased grandmother`s semi-mansion in Tabor,Iowa fucking years ago.

I am 25 and this shit happened when I was 6 or 7. The first story was me and my brother were running and jumping on my grandmother`s bed when she was at work. All I know is I am running and approaching the door to her room and I look right into the bathroom and there is a family(one man,one woman,and one child) holding hands in there and they had a blank stare on their faces. Scared me but I just tried to forget about it.

Second story and one that is better. I was sound asleep and all of a sudden I woke up and an arrow flew right above my head for some reason I sat up against the headboard and then another arrow whizzed by my head and then another. These arrows were slightly illuminated and unusually long. I freeze up because I am petrified. My brother slept right next to me at that time and my mother was in the room next to mine but I as I said I was fucking frozen and I couldn`t do or say anything. Suddenly there is a barrage of arrows heading my way and I panicked and rolled over my brother and ran upstairs and didn`t move from this corner the whole night. My aunt said the house was built on an indian burial ground but whatever.

Preisser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:15 am 

LOL! I just remembered something else. It wasn`t that creepy,for me atleast. My ex and I got into an argument one night at like 3 or 4 a.m. and she woke up her mother trying to cause more drama. Anyways they kick me out of the house but I took my ex`s phone and threatened to smash it,so my ex keeps sending texts from her mom`s phone and calling me saying she is going to call the cops. She is freaking out! I decide that I am going to go to the nearest town because I work there. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes after I have left this house I am walking through this little park and this car driving fast bypasses me but I am at the end of this park and not in plain sight. Also keep in mind that I am 6`2",I was wearing all black,and it is 3 or 4 in the morning and in the fall time. All of a sudden this car stops and and kicks it into reverse and I am thinking "Fuck! Maybe it is a cop or her father" and they both have guns. Her father probably has more,lol.

Anyways,I immidiatley lay flat on the ground behind a small brush while this car uses it`s brights to scan the park and it stops and waits for about a minute. Then it reverses and takes off in the direction of my ex`s house. I got up and fucking booked it! I avoided every car possible on the way through this town. When I got to this long road I decided not to follow it and I ran through the hills and wilderness,along the way thinking about the animals that could be out there. I trespassed through many people`s properties. I didn`t give a fuck,I was pretty scared.

I eventually found out that it was the paper boy who was looking for me in the park. He must have shit his pants when he saw something running through a park at that time.

defyexistance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:03 pm 

A gay kid licked my neck. From the collarbone up.
"Our bodies will turn to ashes, our bones will fade to dust, our lives will be forgotten, all our dreams crushed... reality, perception, biased by our egos, mutilated by our superegos, I transcend these for now I am one with the void."-Eclipse Eternal

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 pm 

defyexistance wrote:

If that's the creepiest thing that's ever happened to you then your life must be lacking in creepy experiences.

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 pm 

Preisser wrote:
I eventually found out that it was the paper boy who was looking for me in the park.

Why was the paper boy looking for you in the park at 4am?
Was he also menacingly repeating "two dollars, I want my two dollars"?

~Guest 178973
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:01 pm 

defyexistance wrote:

While I can see how, depending on context and situation, this could be somewhat disturbing, it's a fairly weak story.

Preisser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:54 pm 

korgull wrote:
Preisser wrote:
I eventually found out that it was the paper boy who was looking for me in the park.

Why was the paper boy looking for you in the park at 4am?
Was he also menacingly repeating "two dollars, I want my two dollars"?

:lol: Dude he caught up with me down the road,got out of his car and bitched slapped me senseless with a sunday newspaper until I gave him his two dollars. I fucking wet myself from sheer terror... Fucking reminded me of the beatings I took from bullies in grade school. :lol: just kidding! I eventually saw the same car a couple times after that incident around the same time and the car constantly had it`s hazards on,so I knew it was the paper boy who must have freaked the fuck out when he saw this tall human-like beast wondering around a fucking park at 4 a.m.

missmet4l
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:11 pm 

I worked at a dry cleaners for six months. We had a customer by the name of Vincent O'Brien. He was a 6 foot or more african american man who we considered a regular customer. He seemed harmless enough for about 2 months.

One sunday i was running the store all by myself, and he came in to pick up some of his dry cleaning. He asked me if he could go upstairs to our bathroom to change into his clean clothes, and I said ok, because we had been letting him do this for weeks. It didn't seem out of the ordinary.

Long story short, he was up there for a really long time, so i looked up where the bathroom was, and he was standing completely naked, no socks, no anything, in the bathroom doorway, jerking off and staring at me.

a long path of dealing with law enforcement and court ensued after he not only did that , but left, and followed me home the next day.

he didn't show up to our trial.

Rustneversleeps
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:12 am 

^ I wasn't in at the time, but one of my co-workers (this was in a book store) came across someone jerking off in the kids' section, no less... wtf.

And those god damn late night paper boys have been freaking a stoned me out between the hours of 1-4 AM for fuck knows how long now.

Once when I was still little enough to be forced into going to mass, I recall seeing in the broad windows a few rows up (staring at random shit is a decent enough coping method) what seemed to be a sort of orange-tinged, flickering, candle-illuminated reflection of a group of people in mild conversation, roughly all facing inward and wearing what looked like robes, for a good 20 minutes or so toward the end. Which is what I wrote it off as initially, given that there were dudes in robes all up at the front, but continued staring because I had nothing better to do. Soon however, I noticed that there was no formation of people within the church that was aligned in any way to give that effect, and I was left to silently observe and interpret this anomaly.. to little effect. The best I could come up with was some half-assed theory of my solid aversion to being there subconsciously masquerading around my sanity as some light ghostly chit chat. None of them were aware of me from what I could tell, and no one else in the church was aware of them, so I'm left to conclude that my imagination can go into overdrive when pushed to the limits of boredom.

But I still have no concrete idea what that was all about, since it unsettled me enough to leave swiftly at the first opportunity and not bring attention to the matter (such an endearing choice :roll:). Granted I was an imaginative child but not irrational and certainly not delusional, so I've never managed to formulate a reasonable explanation. It seemed only vaguely creepy at the time because I've never actually believed in ghosts or apparitions or anything, but it did and still does bother my sense of continuity.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:53 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
This topic has turned into the "unrealistic ghost stories" thread.

Pretty much this.

I'm pretty sure at least half of these are made up by the way.

RETLAW18
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:13 pm 

This is not a personal experience of mine but a friends. My friend once had a dream in which he looked into a mirror and saw what he described as a “humanoid being”. He described it as having a canine like face but with no fur, like a Sphynx cat. What he found most chilling about this creature was the intelligence in its eyes. The creature had the eyes of a human. He said he would look this creature in the eyes and you can tell it was looking right back at him. But what set this dream/nightmare apart from any other was that he felt this entity was not of his dreaming imagination. He felt like this “thing” had intruded into his dream while asleep. My friend doesn’t do drugs or have any known mental disorders, nor does he make up bullshit. In fact he is one of the wisest and down to earth guys I know. My friend is also known to have night terrors from time to time. He was awakened one night by his father who said he heard him deliriously chanting “satanic” gibberish.

Sir_General_Flashman
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:38 pm 

My creepiest experience was when I was 11(6 years ago) in Quito, Ecuador. We were there for a day while we waited to fly to Galapagos for our vacation and we wanted to do something so we went out to wander the streets. It was christmas and everyone was out and it was just crazy, especially for a small child who lives in a town in maine of 2600 people. Some of the stuff there was weird, like a woman without arms and legs begging for her child to come back(her kid was across the street), or the dozens of heavily armed guards around the russian embassy. We turned down an alley to get away from the crowds and I was only a few feet from my parents when a really old and crazy lady came out of a doorway, I struggled for a little bit and got away before she could grab me anymore. It was still scary and I was more than glad to get back to our hotel(next to the heavily guarded russian embassy) and then escape to the peaceful galapagos the next day.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:54 am 

Not a creepy story by any stretch of the imagination unless you're the person I did it to... otherwise it's just lulzy.

I was a counselor at a Christian kids' camp a couple years ago. I'd long since abandoned my Christian faith but I was able to keep up appearances in order to take this job - I was also rather good friends with the pastor of the church sponsoring it and didn't feel like confronting him with the probably heartbreaking (for him) issue that I no longer believed in Jesus.

Anyway it was the first of three nights and I was sleeping in the cabin with a group of ~20 kids and the pastor himself. Everyone else was asleep in the cabin (I thought) and I just could not bring myself to sleep. I thought it would be an ok time to start practicing my pronunciaton of a certain Nordic language I was half-learning at the time, and started saying random sentences to myself in it. It was Old Norse, which is a semi-guttural language in which R's can be rolled with phrases like "ek heitti varg, ek het en fylgjar" which can sound very arcane and mystical if you want it to.

So I was dramatically saying things in Old Norse under my breath and started to lose myself in doing so, and throwing in random things about, for example, Odin and Thor, speaking their names with reverence in a deep voice appropriate to the way I'd imagine vikings might have said the names.

I continue on in that way for awhile in the pitch dark cabin in the middle of the night when I hear the pastor say "Dan, is that you? Are you talking?" and I abruptly stop, thinking 'oh shit, I'll pretend I'm asleep.' In the nature of somebody sleep-talking I say "uuuunh, I'm flying away..." and stop talking after that and nothing else is said all night.

The next day I'm slightly embarassed by the whole thing and avoid the pastor until he tracks me down and takes me aside.

"Dan," he says, "can I ask you a personal question?"
"Uh, yeah, I guess."
"Have you ever had experiences with... demons?"

He had actually thought I'd been possessed by some kind of viking demon thing sent by Satan - Satan, you see, controls all false religions including Odinism, and he had sent some kind of 'valkyrie' or something to possess me and corrupt the children at the camp.

I wanted to piss my pants laughing but I couldn't.
Probably the most amusing thing I've ever done. That is how you troll, folks.

Vargafetch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:56 am 

Not a creepy story by any stretch of the imagination unless you're the person I did it to... otherwise it's just lulzy.

I was a counselor at a Christian kids' camp a couple years ago. I'd long since abandoned my Christian faith but I was able to keep up appearances in order to take this job - I was also rather good friends with the pastor of the church sponsoring it and didn't feel like confronting him with the probably heartbreaking (for him) issue that I no longer believed in Jesus.

Anyway it was the first of three nights and I was sleeping in the cabin with a group of ~20 kids and the pastor himself. Everyone else was asleep in the cabin (I thought) and I just could not bring myself to sleep. I thought it would be an ok time to start practicing my pronunciaton of a certain Nordic language I was half-learning at the time, and started saying random sentences to myself in it. It was Old Norse, which is a semi-guttural language in which R's can be rolled with phrases like "ek heitti varg, ek het en fylgjar" which can sound very arcane and mystical if you want it to.

So I was dramatically saying things in Old Norse under my breath and started to lose myself in doing so, and throwing in random things about, for example, Odin and Thor, speaking their names with reverence in a deep voice appropriate to the way I'd imagine vikings might have said the names.

I continue on in that way for awhile in the pitch dark cabin in the middle of the night when I hear the pastor say "Dan, is that you? Are you talking?" and I abruptly stop, thinking 'oh shit, I'll pretend I'm asleep.' In the nature of somebody sleep-talking I say "uuuunh, I'm flying away..." and stop talking after that and nothing else is said all night.

The next day I'm slightly embarassed by the whole thing and avoid the pastor until he tracks me down and takes me aside.

"Dan," he says, "can I ask you a personal question?"
"Uh, yeah, I guess."
"Have you ever had experiences with... demons?"

He had actually thought I'd been possessed by some kind of viking demon thing sent by Satan - Satan, you see, controls all false religions including Odinism, and he had sent some kind of 'valkyrie' or something to possess me and corrupt the children at the camp.

I wanted to piss my pants laughing but I couldn't.
Probably the most amusing thing I've ever done. That is how you troll, folks.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:24 pm 

MAN, THIS is some good stuff!

So I live In IL in a very small town (not relevant at all to the story...or IS it)

After long night of fencing practice, I finally get home and am ready for a shower/ sleep. I'm just walking up to my back door when i hear the sound of garbage cans getting knocked over. I look at the alley way between my nighbors garage and the back of somone else's house and see this THING slink ino the alleyway, nocking over trashcans on its way. The wierdest part about it was that it was too big to be a dog or a cat, and it's limbs were perportioned like a homan's, woth slimy looking bannana yellow skin. This creature had a slink like that of gollum, and had JUST missed the sight of its head. it was about 4 feet tall while hunched over. getting the chills just thinking about it

Another time....

(Ok, living in IL is actually relevant thid time because of the lcation)

A friend of mine and our girlfriends were bored one morning at 2AM so we decide to hit up the bloods point rd semetary. Our ladies sit in the car and keep watch as he're walzting in through the barbed wire peaking behind headstones and commiting other sorts of dumb-assery. We finally get board, so we headed back to the car, As we were laughing about the stupid stories of bloods point and how we were manly men we see our girlfriends's faces are white as milk and wide eyed. we ask them what was wrong to find out that they had been trying to call us, because they saw two figures fallowing us around, but they didn't have any reception...It was a quiet ride home...

MGSX666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:09 pm 

Gelseth_Andrano wrote:
A friend of mine and our girlfriends were bored one morning at 2AM so we decide to hit up the bloods point rd semetary. Our ladies sit in the car and keep watch as he're walzting in through the barbed wire peaking behind headstones and commiting other sorts of dumb-assery. We finally get board, so we headed back to the car, As we were laughing about the stupid stories of bloods point and how we were manly men we see our girlfriends's faces are white as milk and wide eyed. we ask them what was wrong to find out that they had been trying to call us, because they saw two figures fallowing us around, but they didn't have any reception...It was a quiet ride home...

That's a great story man, I love cemetery stories.
Incantation for breakfast, fuck yeah. You wake up and then it's Onward to Chocula.

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:56 pm 

I cant help but wonder if that creature he saw in the first story wasnt some kind of escaped orangutan or something? I have heard stories of people keeping these as pets...the yellow skin thing is odd (maybe the light?) but the size and the bipedal gait could suggest an orangutan? I dunno, it's the most logical "Rational" explanation anyway.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next