~Guest 1149616
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:17 pm 

There's the classic: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/720 ... or-cooking

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:41 pm 

~Guest 1149616 wrote:
I am guess I am too late. The banhammer has fallen. I wanted to discuss pizza cake with them, from the book they linked.

~Guest 1129985
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:43 pm 

Nah, I think he deleted his account (seems to be a common occurrence these days).

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:21 am 

^Correct.

oldmetalhead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:02 am 

Hello everyone, my username says it all, it's what I am. I've been reading this forum for a long time, used to be a member at M-R but more of a reader than anything. So I decided to jump in and try to contribute where I can. I'm more into what a lot of you all call Dad Metal or whatever, lol. I like a lot but prefer stuff with clean vocals. Just to answer the age old question from the other old forum, I love both but Maiden>Priest. I love hearing new music and am looking forward to interacting with you all.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:19 am 

Welcome everyone. I think its cool people are still discovering this place after all these years. I have discovered so many new bands from this site. Even from the area I grew up in. Searching your hometown, or nearby towns in the archives is really interesting.

manson the unikorn
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:45 pm 

Hey everyone! Charles here. I came on board back in 2015 when I first got into proper metal by way of Nile, Cattle Decapitation, Fleshgod Apocalypse and Decapitated. I added one album, submitted two bands (one got rejected because it was powerviolence... Oops), built my collection and proceeded to use this website for info only. After creating this account in sophomore year of high school, it sat for 6 years at the lowly rank of metal newbie. BUT! Low and behold, in the middle of a dreadfully boring Zoom class a few days ago, I decided that I should try and submit a band called Austenit, the members of whom I met in Berlin while studying abroad. It got accepted, I started finding album covers for coverless albums and drafting reviews and bam! I got the rank of metalhead yesterday and I decided I'm an active enough member now to start using the forums.

"Manson the Unikorn" is stupid as fuck pun I came up with when I was 14 and I regret it, but it's so damn unfunny I'm reluctant to change it. Also I don't know how to change my username... It's "Charlie the Unicorn" (that fucking stupid meme from forever ago) + Charlie Manson + KoRn. I clearly didn't realize how anti-nu metal the majority of metalheads were at that tender age. As with the powerviolence band... Oops!

I'm wrapping up my junior year at New York University majoring in social work and minoring in politics, but definitely not going into social work as a career (LONG story). I'm a senator in the student government and will be a resident assistant as a senior. My goal is to corrupt the entire floor of freshman I'm in charge of with a bloodlust for brutal death metal. My favorite activity is meeting tenderhearted college kids who think of Tame Impala when I tell them I listen to loud music and watching their face melt as I hand them a pair of headphones casually playing "Skull Fucked" by Dying Fetus. :D

LordOfTheGallows
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:53 pm 

Hi all! Long time user of the site who decided that he should start participating in this community. I've used the archives pretty much the entire time I've been into metal (about 18 years or so). I'm excited to talk with you guys about this awesome music we all love!
I'm into pretty much all sub-genres, I've managed to find bands of all kinds that I've liked, though my favourite at the moment would be Death Metal.

KayBur
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:59 am 

Hey! My name is Kay and I'm new to your community. Ever since my school days, I love rock music in its various forms. I don't mind listening to even gothic music when I'm in the mood. In everyday life, I work as an engineer, interested in technology, films, and DIY. Not so long ago I got carried away with working with wood (and cutting patterns on wood, and creating furniture). Hope to be a part of your community.

Bodosa
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 11:54 am 

Hello everyone! My username is my surname. My real name is Needeep Bodosa. I am from the Northeastern state of Assam, India. I am a Guitar player and teacher & part of a Black/Death band named Judas Ancestry.

Its nice to meet you all.

UndeadHalfOrc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:04 am 

Hi all.
I've been listening to metal since 1990.

Mystic_Stylez
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 2:51 pm 

Hello to all here. I am sorry but I don’t even know there’s a thread like this I’m usually over there at the metal discussion forum trying to find interesting bands and I just like reading varied thought about different metal related topics like genre or albums or best, worst, or any weird phrases or ideas any can think of. Then I was reading the Jon Schaffer Thread and I was just surprised on how intelligent and well aware most posters are here about the topic and politics and I feel really comfortable reading that most of the posts there are anti racist so I thought maybe I’ll at least fit in without getting any hate since I’m Asian. No offense to any I’m not trying to bring up any issue I’m just explaining why I’m suddenly posting here and hoping I will be welcomed so I can engage with fellow metal heads.

Back in the early 2000s (I was 17 at the time) I was really into metal or extreme metal mostly death metal and very few black metal. I go to some shows if I can and I buy cds every paycheck so every week. I used to live in the United Stated particularly in LA/San Fernando Valley. So I have access to shows if I commute to LA or Hollywood for shows and I’ve seen a few bands. Morbid Angel and Pantera mostly (two times each) and Slayer, Iced Earth, Judas Priest(with Tim Ripper) and few others. Saw some good classic rock/prog rock bands too like Kansas, Yes, Styx, and REO Speedwagon because my dad is into some really deep progrock like Dream Theater, Dixie Dreggs, Steve Morse, Emerson Lake and Palmer and he is my first influence in music. He’s a guitar player too. That’s what made me dream of becoming a guitarist and band member. Sadly he past away back in 2009. Then I moved to South Dakota in 2003 and at first I was this weird long haired Asian metal head trying to fit in and all my friends are into rap music and all of them acting like gangsters and I was just like “fuck it I’m a metal head” and went on. But then this Loasian guy, a real straight up gangster, became my friend and my meth hook up and he was like “the fuck you listen to man, here play some of this” it was Tupac and we were in the car and I mean he’s really intimadating so I let him play it. Since then I started listening to rap and that’s when I changed cause I went with the wrong crowd or group of friends and my lifestyle changed and I stopped supporting metal music and rarely listens to metal. It got worse I started doing some bad stuff and went to jail and prison and got deported back here in the Philippines.

So that’s when I changed from being a supporter of metal music to being a worthless gangster. It didn’t stop there though when I got back here in Philippines I continued the hustle and it was some good times but then it got to bad that I got into deep. Then I got a few more arrest and lost my people and lost myself that I went back and forth to rehab for years. I stopped listening to music and I have no idea what happened to my favorite bands like Opeth, Emperor, Morbid Angel and I have no clue to what’s new and what’s good for about 15 years. I don’t even consider myself a metal head anymore and I am sure all of you would judge me like that as well.

But here I am guys and I wanna get back to listening to metal and discovering new music and what I missed. I have been reading reviews and info here for a long time now so I’m really not new here but I didn’t even know there was a forum not till a few weeks ago. There’s like bands like Deathspell Omega, Blood Incantation, Electric Wizard and bunch of DSBM, atmospheric BM and Funeral Doom bands that are getting mentioned all around that I have no idea of but I will be checking them out. I wanna say I also play guitar but I’m not that good though I really wanted to be but I stopped playing. I don’t know maybe it’s the pills I take it’s taking away my passion. I want this to help me with myself getting my shit together and have a good living by being normal and listening to metal and maybe contributing or supporting the community. So I hope to be here and I will try to post much. Just wanna mention that it makes me happy seeing Morrigan here cause iirc she used to be around way back in 2002 or so in a couple message boards like UltimateMetal or something and I can still remember she has some good taste in metal(not to mention she looks good, no offense to you please I’m just trying to rememeber what i can). Correct me if I am wrong but it just makes me feel good thinking that if you like metal, that is in your blood and in your soul even after how many years. Hail to you master Morrigan. I admire your dedication.

Hope this is not too long and too boring and cringy to all of you. These are just my thoughts and I just at least wanna be true if I’m gonna introduce myself. Hoping to interact with you all and thank you in advance to those who will reply to my post and answer my questions. I’m here to transform myself to be a metal head again hopefully or at least a listener. To those who will say I’m a poser, fuck off. Never in my heart the love for metal music left my heart.

“Just when I thought I was out. They pull me back in...”

MutilatorOfSouls
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 4:42 pm 

Hello all. I don't really feel like putting my actual name on here so you can call me MutilatorOfSouls. I generally like most genre's of Metal and Punk but I especially like Death, Black, Thrash, War, Grind, Gore, and Doom Metal. Hope this place is a good little forum to talk about Metal and such.

sercezmetalu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 4:09 am 

Hello to All!
I'm living in Poland, Zabrze. And in love with Manilla Road <3. I was raised in classic rock from all ages. My first band that I start to listen was Iron Maiden. That was long time ago.
Today I'm more aware what to listen and tried to pick what's close to my heart. That what my nick came from. It's means 'heart of metal'.
Good Luck to You Metalheads, stay Heavy!

InappropriateReponse
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 4:29 pm 

Long-time lurker (very long...) and decided jump into the fray.

An Ferbasach
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:00 am 

Hello. I'm a long time reader of the forum (at least since 2008 I think) who's finally decided to join in. I've been working from home since the coronavirus situation began and thought joining in some discuss here would be a nice way to get away from work occasionally.

I listen to all kinds of metal, hard rock and prog rock. Some of my favourite bands include Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Yes, King Crimson, Sleep, Bolt Thrower, Entombed and Sepultura.

Looking forward to contributing and discovering some new music.

GrinderMetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:40 pm 

Hello. New guy here.
I'm an old man who still enjoys loud classic metal played on a high quality system.
Seen a lot of shows during the 80's in the UK and the US.
Anyhow, hello...

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:36 am 

GrinderMetal wrote:
Hello. New guy here.
I'm an old man who still enjoys loud classic metal played on a high quality system.
Seen a lot of shows during the 80's in the UK and the US.
Anyhow, hello...

Moved to introductions thread. Welcome!

Planetary_Misfortune
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:43 am 

Hi. I am Chris and I live in the North Midlands. I listen to Death Metal Grindcore and Goregrind. I am also slowly getting interested in Gothic and Doom Metal.

The_Grindcrusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:57 pm 

Hello all. My name is The Grindcrusher, and for short you can call me Grinder.

I enjoy a shit ton of Brutal Death Metal, War Metal, Black Metal, and alot of stuff in Grindcore and it's millions of sub-genre's.

Hopefully you all are cool here, and I can chit-chat about Metal.

Thanks.

asurajoh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:04 pm 

Hi, I'm a new older guy here. I've been listening to metal since late 80s. My dearest riffs to everyone!!!

oddsixtynine
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:49 pm 

hey metal archive community! I finally got off my ass and made me a profile, so many recommendations from this site, it was to hard to ignore. i
am hoping to find and discover some MORE good stuff here, really excited to start finding stuff. Perhaps even put some music out here aswell. I'm currently working on my project now(been playing since 13, its a dream and big deal for me) i also do multiple industrial metal projects,i think i am definitely inspired from the Louisiana sludge metal that lurks around these swamps. Though i love everything, my taste is weird for sure.

black_metal_mountaineering
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:11 am 

I have been checking the forum out with no profile so signed up a while back but never posted. Now I have made a few posts.

I usually don't last on forums too long as I get banned :D I was even too much for NWN

life rolls on!

saphuchan
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:36 pm 

Sup im Mike, im a teenager, im pretty chill and a stoner. Erm..Ive been listening to metal since I was little kiddo.
Some of my favourite bands consist of...
- Death
- Sår
- Heart of a Coward
- Behemoth
- Mayhem
- Slipknot
- Electric Wizard
- Down
- Kyuss
- Lifelover
And so on... theres more, but id rather introduce myself instead of parade everyone with the bands I listen to. My favourite genres are in my profile, so if you have any suggestions on what I should take a listen to, respond or PM me. :)
Also, Im a lurker, so I dont do much, catch me doing things around here in the future, but until then ill just chill. If you wanna talk or chit chat, just PM me. Thx. \m/

the white wolf
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 pm 

Never thought I would be introducing myself ten years after I made a profile.....but I guess there's a first time for everything. Ahem, well anyhow, I'm 31 years old and I've been into metal since I was 16. My commitment to metal has wavered over the years and there have been plenty of times where it was not much a part of my life but I never stopped being a metalhead in spirit.

I found myself coming to metal archives at this point in my life because I'm refocusing on a new life and intend to spend a lot of time researching and networking. I vaguely recall signing up because I was messed up at that time and intended to refocus on metal and keep me out of trouble at that time.....that worked out real well </blatant sarcasm> Decided screw it, resurrect my account and pick up where I left off. Also I was always apprehensive about being a part of the archives community because of how high the community standards are. But its a different time in my life now so time to grow. Its good to see so many of the admins and mods still here from the good old days.

Some of my favorite metal albums from across the board/all time in general:
Death-Human
Iron Maiden-Seventh Son
Slayer-Show No Mercy
Corrosion of Conformity-Wiseblood
Manilla Road-Crystal Logic
Dark Angel-Darkness Descends
Witchfinder General-Witchfinder General
Behemoth-Satanica

You get the idea. I like a lot of metal

LithoJazzoSphere
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:30 pm 

Hey, I didn't even create an account until probably a decade and a half after I started using this place for information, so not everyone operates on the same timetable.

chiefterror
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:55 pm 

I live in a hole in the wall in downtown nothefuckwhere.

Have always scoured this site as-needed for the past decade just to find as much obscure info as needed for bands I love; I'm an obsessive little whore for useless knowledge.

I play bass & sing in a stoner doom trio with some friends. I watch shitty sci fi movies, study science & history for leisure, play fighting games & I like to cook. By the time I post this, I'm four months away from my 30th trip around a dying sun on this marble made of dinosaur shit & water. I probably smell substantially better than all of you. Beer is good & all that jazz.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:19 am 

chiefterror wrote:
I live in a hole in the wall in downtown nothefuckwhere.

Have always scoured this site as-needed for the past decade just to find as much obscure info as needed for bands I love; I'm an obsessive little whore for useless knowledge.

I play bass & sing in a stoner doom trio with some friends. I watch shitty sci fi movies, study science & history for leisure, play fighting games & I like to cook. By the time I post this, I'm four months away from my 30th trip around a dying sun on this marble made of dinosaur shit & water. I probably smell substantially better than all of you. Beer is good & all that jazz.

Fantastic intro, haha. Welcome.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

chiefterror
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:25 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Fantastic intro, haha. Welcome.

Haha, any time ol chap. Thanks for having me here, & to the relevant mods, I have changed my signature as requested. Just saying so here since I'm still unable to send PMs, which I understand.

EvergreenSherbert
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:44 am 

Oh, didn't see this. Well, I've only been a metalhead for about a year, but I listen to the same crazy stuff y'all do. Literally went from Korn straight to Anaal Nathrakh and Analepsy. I think my first real metal band was Gojira, and they're still my favorite. I can't even describe the first time I listened to From Mars To Sirius and Magma.

Right now I've been getting into more black metal and whatever else I can find on Spotify. I do most of my music related shit on Genius, so you can also find me over there. Username is the same.

PansexualTrans
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:35 am 

Well, here I am.

Hello everyone, long-time lurker of this place, mostly used this place for information or if I wanted to find a specific part of a band's discography, and I made an account to write reviews and use the forum. Can't wait to see you all soon!

thePowermetalLynx
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:10 am 

Ah... so this thread exists? I’m generally reading the discussion and reviewing forum
Hailing from wuhan China. My name is Shirley (what my foreign friends all know me as anyways), as my username would suggest. Technically speaking I created my profile when I was about half year into metal, so I’d a bit of what the Chinese metal community would entitled as “poser phase” and was really interesting in hailing Satan and shits like that, hence the suffix “666”. But one brother had introduced me to power metal and it has been my favorite genre ever since. These days I’m just digging deep into the said genre tho I like heavy metal and speed metal well enough. In brief, I prefer traditional shits.

Melodeath and Tech death I can take from time to time for a bit of change. Black or thrash doesn’t really appeal to me. And my understanding of other genre is limited. I hope to change that someday far in the future.

And yes, I’m aware I’m probably one of the youngest users on the Archive...

Old School is the only School

Consistency is a Virtue
Repetition is a Sin

Call me Shirley or Lynxie

TheBra1n
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:01 pm 

Hi, my name is Parker, I'm 15, and I've been lurking on MA for a while but only just got an account. It's pretty cool

AlexMercer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:53 pm 

I see that Brutal death metal genre has improved on this site. Remember Nile, Suffocation. Yes i am metal newbie since 1988 as always.

sntncd
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:10 am 

Hi, though I've been a member since 2016 (not mentioning how many years I've been following), I never been to forums. I'm a die-hard fan of Sentenced as seen in my nickname. So, hello all.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:29 am 

I'm back. But don't worry, I've matured a lot since the old days :old:

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:58 pm 

Hello everyone. I'm new here but not really. I created this account 'coz I can't login to my old one. On my previous account, I've been posting here since the 2000's. I've been a metalhead since 1989 after I first heard 'Master of Puppets' (the song) on radio. I was 13 and into synth pop/new wave/post punk at that time. That song instantly made me into a metalhead. It was like I was listening to 2 or 3 different songs but it was actually one long, bad ass song. That local radio station then played more Metallica songs like 'Whiplash', 'Seek and Destroy' and 'Sanitarium'. The other competing rock radio station for its part played 'One' heavily in its rotation and curiously they played 'Creeping Death' every week day morning at around past 6am as I heared it while preparing for school.

I discovered a metal/hard rock radio show on another station which went on every Friday from 6pm to 8pm. There I heard 'Rapid Fire' by Judas Priest and 'The Number of the Beast' by Maiden for the first time. There was no turning back from that point as I was convinced that heavy metal was the music for me. I traded my Gene Loves Jezebel and Depeche Mode cassette tapes for Priest and Ozzy tapes with my classmates. And I was off to my 32 years and still going strong devotion to heavy metal and its different variants.

KaiKasparek
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:51 am 

Hi. I love classic/Trad/heavy/whatever the hell were supposed to call the original metal. I also sab in the original spinoff genres of thrash, doom, death, black, and power. I also enjoy some of the original sludgier bands like Mastodon, Baroness, Neurosis and High On Fire. If I want to listen to folk, I'll listen to Bob Dylan, Van Morrison or The Band.

Period

The greatest post in M-A history:

~Guest 21181 wrote:
The Legions of the Teabagged:
vacantmind - DURR GOATSE IS FOONY (If you meet this guy, please pour hot lead down his anus).

BasslineFrenzy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:05 am 

Hey everyone,

I'm not much of a forum lurker, but... this past summer, I started updating information about bands from my hometown of Pittsburgh, PA, USA.

I just submitted my first band a few days ago, and now I've started a mission to keep Pittsburgh area bands up-to-date, since I personally know a lot of bands in the scene. So, just dropping in to say hi.

I already made a mistake with my first submission, lol. Wish I could go back and edit it! Maybe I'll rack up enough points in due time to fix them without submitting a report, lol. I'm still getting used to the interface.

Ghost of Christmas Last
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:31 pm 

Well, I finally registered. Been a while but I finally made it. What comes next is a good question!

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155, 156  Next