Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:53 pm 

Lesbert wrote:
awesome. good listening there.

Which, my tastes in music or my band?

Luxet77
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:26 am 

Hi there, I'm Alice, 25 y/o from Mexico city :)

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:51 am 

Luxet77 wrote:
Hi there, I'm Alice, 25 y/o from Mexico city :)

Ah, Mexican eh? fiesta in el pantalonas.... wait how did that trucker say that goes?
Whatever. Welcome, the drinks are by the rec forums, oogboog speak only lies, i speak only half-truths and Bolt Thrower kick ass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xqOf-KjdVY

squirexfenelly
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:30 pm 

ello people who are actually reading this :P
I'm 16, female and you can call me...Fenelly I guess (yeah thats the name of my bass...it's a squire the name fits so blah)
anyways I'm into Death, Thrash, Black, Prog, power, and Doom metal...mainly.
I like anime!
hm, feels awkward writing this >.> but well yeah Hey hope this site is interesting and everything!

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:48 pm 

TheEvilSocky wrote:
Whatever. Welcome, the drinks are by the rec forums, oogboog speak only lies, i speak only half-truths and Bolt Thrower kick ass.

That's a full truth, which makes your sentence a half truth, which makes it a full truth, which makes it a half truth etc.
My head hurts. No wait, it's a pseudo-paradox.

Welcome newbies, beware TheEvilSockey. He'll confuse you with tautologically false statements.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

JohnTheDrummer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:03 pm 

My name is John. I am 23. I live near Seattle, WA and drum for the Black/Death Metal band Funeral Age.

My favorite bands are Absu, Melechesh, Woods of Ypres, 1349, and a tons more. I am pretty wide open with my musical interests, but mainly stick around Black Metal, Thrash Metal, and a bunch of weird stuff (like Arcturus and bands of that nature).

I have been signed up to this site for a long time, but rarely ever post on here! So yeah... that's about it!

IntoNevermore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:56 pm 

squirexfenelly wrote:

hm, feels awkward writing this >.> but well yeah Hey hope this site is interesting and everything!

It is :wink: you won't be disapointed.

so you perfectly understand why people don't like the shit

Last.Fm|Twitter|Youtube Channel|Facebook

Imraotnh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:38 pm 

Hello :) I am Nikolay, 19 years old from Bulgaria. My favourite metal styles are doom, stoner and old school heavy (from the end of the 60's and the beginning of the 70's - like Blue Cheer, Randy Holden (listen to his "Fruit & Icebergs", absolutely great!), etc) but I deeply respect black, thrash and death. I even plan to start listening Burzum... but I just have to be in the right mood for it :) Some of the other styles I listen to are psychedelic, space and kraut rock. Syd Barrett is my idol!

I also play keyboards (and a VERY little bit of guitar)... If you are interested you can hear some of my ideas here: http://soundcloud.com/rocknmather

elude
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:52 am 

Hey, I'm Ashlee.
I'm 21, from Texas.
I play French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Piano, and Guitar.
My favorite genres of metal are black, death, and technical.
I'm really into The Faceless right now.

Uuuuh I really don't know what else to say about myself. Haha.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:29 pm 

elude wrote:
I play French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Piano, and Guitar..

Whoa, that is a wide array of instruments. You must be a very talented person. Welcome to the forum. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:30 pm 

He didn't say he played them well!

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:34 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:

I see. Well, in that case, I can play the guitar, drums, bass, keyboard, violin, viola, accordion, didgeridoo, maraccas, clarinet, flute, oboe, and ukulele!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:37 pm 

PRECISELY :D

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:49 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:

*she .. ?

elude
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:23 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
elude wrote:
I play French Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Piano, and Guitar..

Whoa, that is a wide array of instruments. You must be a very talented person. Welcome to the forum. :)

Thank you, kind sir. :)

Necroticism174 wrote:

Well, I am a GIRL, and I pretty much have to play well since I am a music major in college.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:25 pm 

Don't worry, I've made more mistakes than Necroticism, though this one was rather odd...

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:32 pm 

"Ashlee"...Necro does look like a fool there! And I think she even posted in the Pic thread.

Welcome!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

elude
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:35 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
"Ashlee"...Necro does look like a fool there! And I think she even posted in the Pic thread.

Welcome!

Thank you! And I did! :lol:

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:46 pm 

I haven't been obsessively following that thread, and I haven't been checking the pictures of newbies cause who cares really? :p
That said, my bad, I assume everyone here is a dude.

elude
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:53 pm 

It's all good. :lol:

jack the ripper
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:46 am 

hi everyone, i'm matteo and i'm italian.
my favourite genres of metal are black, thrash and classic heavy metal. i also like hard rock and classic rock.
i wrote some black metal songs, but i haven't formed a band, ever. i don't know any person who likes black metal in my town, you know...metal isn't popular here in italy.
in march i've started to play the guitar..my bc rich warlock...and i'm gonna buy a line6 spider iv 120 amp and a fender jaguar.
sorry dudes if my english isn't good...bye!

MrFreddy
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:42 pm 

Hello! I logged on Metallum quite a while ago, but I've been not using the forum until now (and I think I'll not use it very often, but I thought introducing myself was a good thing).

I'm a young (I'm 17) metalhead from Italy. I began listening to music in 2007, more or less... back then I was into punk rock, pop punk, indie rock ant that sort of things. One year later I got into the metal world with power and traditional heavy metal, then I moved to more extreme subgenres. Now I love death and prog metal and I like thrash, heavy, funk, power, depressive black, avantgarde, grind... there's not much I don't like. Anyway I've not been listening metal for too long, so I still got a lot of bands and genres to discover (useless to say, this site is a big and useful resource). Speaking of non-metal music I love prog rock, indie rock, hardcore punk and the likes (especially the italian scene), funk music, jazz and, most of all, classical.
In 2011 I also started to play bass, I'm not that good but I have fun and always try to get better and better (the goal is to play with a band, possibly a brutal/tech death or progressive one).
I also love to buy CDs (I'm trying to have a decent collection) and going to gigs (even if I don't have great possibilities of travelling).

I just started to post reviews for Metallum, I like to write and the thought of posting a review helps me to listen more carefully to an album. I also write for the italian blog Rock-Metal-Essence and I'm taking on a test to enter in the italian webzine Metallized.it as a staff member

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:13 pm 

Whats it with italians and Brutal Tech death with symphonic elements? :-P

KafkaesqueWorld
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:13 pm 

Hello, my name is Brian. I'm a Black metalhead (yes, we exist). I live in a very boring city called Indianapolis. You might have heard of it.

I'm a newbie metalhead. Both in the sense of being new here and being fairly new to heavy metal music. I started out by being introduced to European power metal by a friend of a friend about a year ago. I stuck with that (and a few of the "lighter" sub-genres like progressive and symphonic metal) for quite a while. It wasn't until about two or three months ago that I decided to dabble in the extreme metal sub-genres. Obviously, I have a lot to learn (and discover).

I generally like all the extreme metal sub-genres, but I'm not that great at the names of bands (or knowing a band's entire body of work) yet.
Outside of metal, I like mostly instrumental music forms. Classical, jazz, ambient, etc.

I joined this forum to chat with like-minded people. My city doesn't really have a metal scene, so meeting metalheads is somewhat difficult. I'm hoping to learn a lot by frequenting this website and interacting with others.

Nice to meet you guys.

Wolfgong
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:55 pm 

Yea, why are the moderators all such fucking stupid idiots that seem to be totally retarded???

Fuck you and fuck this place, and fuck you stupid cunt idiots. Power tripping retards. So pathetic. Christ.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:00 pm 

This guy was obviously banned, carry on!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:09 pm 

oh good.

Nice to meet you, too, KafkaesqueWorld. Two things come to mind. Since you're a newbie, enjoy the bounty that is Recommendation Central, and considering your name, you might check out the general literature thread. :)

jSaevus
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:51 pm 

Hey there! I'll keep this short and sweet, because frankly I'm a bit shy and lack writing skills. My name is Jaclyn, or Jac, and I'm 19. I sing in a shitty cover band with a bunch of old guys, and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm a biology students, one of the few I know that actually enjoys science. My favorite band is Into Eternity.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:03 am 

KafkaesqueWorld wrote:
Hello, my name is Brian. I'm a Black metalhead (yes, we exist). I live in a very boring city called Indianapolis. You might have heard of it.

I'm a newbie metalhead. Both in the sense of being new here and being fairly new to heavy metal music. I started out by being introduced to European power metal by a friend of a friend about a year ago. I stuck with that (and a few of the "lighter" sub-genres like progressive and symphonic metal) for quite a while. It wasn't until about two or three months ago that I decided to dabble in the extreme metal sub-genres. Obviously, I have a lot to learn (and discover).

I generally like all the extreme metal sub-genres, but I'm not that great at the names of bands (or knowing a band's entire body of work) yet.
Outside of metal, I like mostly instrumental music forms. Classical, jazz, ambient, etc.

I joined this forum to chat with like-minded people. My city doesn't really have a metal scene, so meeting metalheads is somewhat difficult. I'm hoping to learn a lot by frequenting this website and interacting with others.

Nice to meet you guys.

G'day, Brian. We all have to start at the beginning. Everyone still discovers new things, no matter how long you've been into metal. I hope you enjoy the site.

jSaevus wrote:
Hey there! I'll keep this short and sweet, because frankly I'm a bit shy and lack writing skills. My name is Jaclyn, or Jac, and I'm 19. I sing in a shitty cover band with a bunch of old guys, and I'm looking to upgrade. I'm a biology students, one of the few I know that actually enjoys science. My favorite band is Into Eternity.

Welcome to the forum, Jac.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

vanadiis
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 am 

I'm Ashley. It's been a while since I've done a message board and I kinda figured why not join in on one again. For a while I fell out of the metal world and only listened to industrial or prog... which I still love, don't get me wrong. But then I rekindled an old friendship with a good friend of mine who's in an excellent folk metal band here, and after becoming friends with all of the members, my love for metal came flooding back. I'm 25, and just recently starting going to school again. Not sure what my major is going to be... probably English, as I love to write.

Favorite bands, period: Porcupine Tree and Nine Inch Nails
Favorite metal bands: Kalmah, Children of Bodom (yes yes, laugh it up), Dark Tranquillity, and I recently fell the fuck in love with Falkenbach (self discovered) and Mirrorthrone (many thanks to a good friend of mine). I like parentheses.

There's a million others, but I've been up for the past 6 hours doing unexpected amounts of homework, so I can't quite pick them all out right now.

The bands that got me into metal (aside from Metallica, Pantera, and Sabbath), were Moonspell and Paradise Lost (who I had the pleasure of seeing the other night with Katatonia and Devin Townsend - only for one song, because Nick's voice couldn't handle it... way to destroy an orgasm... oh well, I still had the pleasure of watching them opening for Opeth back in 2003).

Though I am Canadian, I actually live in Satan's Asshole, also known as Arizona. This is quite possibly one of the worst places for concerts. So many of my most beloved bands skip here every time they tour. Quite depressing. However, some of the metal bands we do have here locally are incredible, and you'd never guess they were formed here. Fucking... desert and scorpions and shit.

I'm gonna cut this off before I get banned for writing too much. How ridiculous am I? If anyone cares to know more, just ask.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:20 pm 

Kindly Ameristani greetings, my northern friend! It's ok to ramble on about your life around here in the FFA if it is filled with absurd and amazing adventures... and your name is BastardHead... and you have hilarious Engrish... and your name is Gomoro.

Enjoy your stay and check out the chat!

Drahkarg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:33 pm 

Howdy, partdner. My name is James, and I'm a friendly loving pony-loving Canadian from Calgary, Alberta. Actually, I fucking hate ponies. And Hardcore 'dancers'. Moving on.

I'm an avid airsofter, and a hardwood flooring installer by trade. I believe in eating as much dead animal as possible, self-indulgance and letting people believe in whatever the hell the want to believe in. I despise those who meddle in others' affairs uninvited.

I'm coming up on 19 on the 9th of next month, and I've been an avid metalhead since I was in grade 7 when my buddy Colton came up to me one lunch hour and played Lamb of God's Vigil. The aggression and power blew me away, and to this day LoG has remained one of the most influential bands in my life.

I don't restrict what I listen to based on what's deemed taboo or bullshit as far as metal goes. I've given BMTH, BFMV, and Asking Alexandria a chance. After which, I was in shock at how people can actually listen to that 'music' (the term being applied loosley), but that isn't the point.

My favorite musician of all time is Christian Alvestam. A decent insturmentalist, and a damned good vocalist. If I were to believe in a definable religious deity, it would probably be him. Lol. That, or fellow Canadian Devin Townsend. Yes, I miss Strapping, but I also accept that it's gone for good.

I've seen Lamb of God 3 times, Children of Bodom twice, Decrepit Birth, Broken Hope, Obituary, Slayer, Rob Zombie, Enslaved, Joe Satriani, In Flames, Solution .45, Amaranthe, and Bon Jovi (I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT) once respectively.

The bands I listen to the most are as follows, based on individual song play counts (so, according to WinAmp, in order of my favorites)

Strapping Young Lad
Joe Satriani
Lamb of God
Scar Symmetry (I only own the first 3 albums... The ones with Alvestam)
Solution .45
The Devin Townsend Project
Rotting Christ
3 inches of Blood
Heaven Shall Burn
Kalmah
Meshuggah
Morbid Angel
Amon Amarth
Sabaton
Motorhead
Mayhem
Cannibal Corpse
Miseration
Carcass
Slayer
Repugnant
Sonic Syndicate (I refuse to listen to anything after Eden Fire, it's all turned into unadulterated shite)
Mastodon
Opeth
Decapitated
Darkthrone
Cannabis Corpse (Yes, I support the subject matter. No, I don't want to hear about it)
Judas Priest
In Flames
Anthrax
GWAR
Behemoth

That pretty much sums up my musical taste. The order doesn't nessecarily reflect what I enjoy 'the most' (it changes pretty much on a day-to-day basis), but WinAmp only adds a notch to the play count if a song is played from start to finish. There are also a few bands that haven't been mentioned, but I don't want to pollute an entire page of this thread with an inane one-band-per-line list.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:33 pm 

^ I know a guy who lives in Calgary who likes Airsoft, too. Could be a chance you know him. Eddy.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, man.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:36 pm 

vanadiis wrote:
I'm Ashley and I recently fell the fuck in love with Devin Townsend - only for one song, because Nick's voice couldn't handle it... way to destroy an orgasm...

Just saying openly telling this forum your a woman doesn't always go well.

Drahkarg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:51 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
^ I know a guy who lives in Calgary who likes Airsoft, too. Could be a chance you know him. Eddy.

An 'Ed' comes to mind, but he lives in Strathmore. Not to far from here, mind you, but it's closer to Edmonton.

Glad to be here! Seems like I've finally come across a group of like-minded individuals.

Also, I forgot to mention that I'm starting a battle jacket. I've decided to use a surplus Canadian Forces load bearing vest as the platform for it, and most of my patches should be here on Wednesday! Pretty damn exited, especially considering the company I settled on (a Canadian business no less!) has SYL patches in stock. Pretty awesome, considering Townsend is one of my favorite musicians and the patches were discontinued in '07 with the band's dissolution.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:10 am 

Drahkarg wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

An 'Ed' comes to mind, but he lives in Strathmore. Not to far from here, mind you, but it's closer to Edmonton.

I don't know his exact address, but that's probably not him. :P

Good luck building your battle jacket. I have a SYL's Alien wallet that is in terrible shape after years of use. Alien is also their best album, personally. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Drahkarg
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:26 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Good luck building your battle jacket. I have a SYL's Alien wallet that is in terrible shape after years of use. Alien is also their best album, personally. :)

Thanks man :) I agree with you there, but I have to admit, I've always had a soft spot for The New Black. Mainly because of Far Beyond Metal and You Suck ;P

MikeyC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:30 am 

Drahkarg wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

Thanks man :) I agree with you there, but I have to admit, I've always had a soft spot for The New Black. Mainly because of Far Beyond Metal and You Suck ;P

That's cool. There are some cool songs on that one, but Alien will always be my choice. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Eazu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:56 pm 

Hello, I'm Eason and since I'm not good at doing this introduction thingy, I’ll try to make it short. I enjoy listening to black, death, heavy, power metal, and occasionally other genres outside metal…

*long pause*

Huh, I guess that's the only thing I could squeeze out from my brain right now, sorry. I hope I can enjoy my time here in the forum and I would like to apologize in advance for any grammars and/or typos mistake that I may have in my post since English in not my main language.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 116, 117, 118, 119, 120, 121, 122 ... 156  Next