Opus wrote:
Who is JS?

"John_Sunlight"".

Ilwhyan
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:30 am 

CatalanBG wrote:
Hello everyone!

This is my first post. A Blind Guardian lover since I've discovered them in a friend's house in 1998 (Nightfall)... And I was like.. Whaaaat a hell is this??? Loved all their albums ever since.

I listen to all kind of music (yes, almost all of them) but I am so deep in love with the music, lyrics and feelings of all Blind Guardian albums, I keep listening to all of them quite often. But my "metal" knowledge ends here.

I found this web while searching for BG information and I think I can take this opportunity to discover more amazing Metal bands similar to Blind Guardian, in terms of music, story, lyrics, chores... that I have may missed and there are there to be discovered.

Anyone wants to suggest me something new to start listening?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome! Blind Guardian is fantastic, I've been a fan of them since I listened to Nightfall some time in 2005-6. I had huge expectations, and I was pretty nervous to even put it on, because I was so worried I'd be disappointed. I wasn't!

By the way, I moved your post here, since we have this thread dedicated to new people saying hi.

If you want metal recommendations, we have the Recommendations forum where you can request basically anything (preferably metal). The Heavy/Power/Speed Metal Help Thread would be the best place to start for something like Blind Guardian.

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:44 am 

Ilwhyan wrote:
If you want metal recommendations, we have the Recommendations forum where you can request basically anything (preferably metal). The Heavy/Power/Speed Metal Help Thread would be the best place to start for something like Blind Guardian.

The main site also has the similar artists tab on band pages in case CatalanBG missed it. Though in the long run the forum is always better because you can narrow down specific elements of the music you want to hear more of. Similar artists is just to get the super obvious "listen to Rage, Grave Digger, etc" out of the way.

https://conservativetentacles.bandcamp.com/

Castor_br
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:26 pm 

Hello,

Second post here, actually I've discovered this forum around 10 years after discover the site lol

I'm brazilian, and I use to browse the site to discover new bands

My favorite genres are Heavy and Thrash, my favorite bands are Metallica, Iron Maiden and Sepultura
I love music at all, so I hope to discover new bands here

Denpafighter978VGCP
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:16 pm 

hi everyone viewing this, ignore my username;

Call me San Sebastian... i like melodic power metal, glam metal, melodeath, or anything melodic in general. my favorite bands are Dreamtale, 5150, Helloween, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, and many more; i am a pretty nice guy in general, other than that i just try not to make people mad(if i did i'm sorry)

i might look for new bands or just chat here when i feel like it

thanks

CatalanBG
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:56 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
CatalanBG wrote:
Hello everyone!

This is my first post. A Blind Guardian lover since I've discovered them in a friend's house in 1998 (Nightfall)... And I was like.. Whaaaat a hell is this??? Loved all their albums ever since.

I listen to all kind of music (yes, almost all of them) but I am so deep in love with the music, lyrics and feelings of all Blind Guardian albums, I keep listening to all of them quite often. But my "metal" knowledge ends here.

I found this web while searching for BG information and I think I can take this opportunity to discover more amazing Metal bands similar to Blind Guardian, in terms of music, story, lyrics, chores... that I have may missed and there are there to be discovered.

Anyone wants to suggest me something new to start listening?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome! Blind Guardian is fantastic, I've been a fan of them since I listened to Nightfall some time in 2005-6. I had huge expectations, and I was pretty nervous to even put it on, because I was so worried I'd be disappointed. I wasn't!

By the way, I moved your post here, since we have this thread dedicated to new people saying hi.

Thanks so much for your answer! And yes, Nightfall delivers, oh yeah it delivers. After more than 20 years I still enjoy it like the first day.
I will have a look at the Recommendations section right away and hope to find good alternatives to listen and share with all you guys.

See you around the forum!

CatalanBG

CatalanBG
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:02 pm 

droneriot wrote:
Ilwhyan wrote:

The main site also has the similar artists tab on band pages in case CatalanBG missed it. Though in the long run the forum is always better because you can narrow down specific elements of the music you want to hear more of. Similar artists is just to get the super obvious "listen to Rage, Grave Digger, etc" out of the way.

Thanks again, (already kind of know Rage and loving them too) But I am going to post in the Recommendations section to try to narrow my search as much as possible. :)

CatalanBG

MetalManiaCometh
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:11 am 

Hello!
I’m MetalManiaCometh, MMC for short if you’d like. This is my first post though I’ve been viewing the forums occasionally for the past decade; only recently I started posting reviews to help with my writing skills as I am a film major that wants to make a career through scriptwriting and directing. Music, especially metal and rock, is a huge part of my life so refining my writing skills and having some fun expressing my opinions on the music I like or dislike felt like a good idea.

I guess I can start off talking about the stuff I usually prefer. My favorite genres are thrash, death, power, and black metal along with many of their own sub-genres. Other than metal, I listen to everything from classical music, soundtracks, jazz, classic country, rock, etc.

My favorite band has got to be Overkill, as their music from their classics, the 90s/00s experimental period, and their current works have really helped me in my daily life and I can’t whole heartedly say they have a bad album. There’s a plethora of other bands I favor as well but that’d be too many to list.
I should say I’m not much of a talker on forums such as these though I will try to get into discussion here and there, I more so hope to enjoy other members talks and focus on the creation of reviews that I’ll enjoy making. I hope to be well made contributor here on metallum.

MiamiJustice
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:30 pm 

I’m a new poster as well. My favorite genres of metal are thrash and speed metal.

agrikler
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:22 am 

Greetings!

I'm Agrikler, from the deep woods of northern California. I gravitate toward black metal, but sometimes find myself in the mood for some power metal. Hope everyone is holding up alright through the chaos of 2020.

Cheers

NelyAroc
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:09 pm 

Nely here!

Used to search the site years ago when i hosted a metal radio show on hosting site in the UK. Used to find solid information for Dismember, and Dissection, and sometimes for other letters also. Ha

Anyway just spent a couple of months writing a lockdown metal album in the wilds of Chile. So thought i'd stick on here for some feedback. And also see what new bands are causing a stir. (Nely Arocalypse - Bandcamp)

Spent most of my time, recently, listening to Cathedral and Darkthrone in the middle of a forest. Not of Equilibrium!

Cheers and stay sane! \m/

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:12 pm 

Welcome new people! Enjoy the forum. :)

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152