Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 7154
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:44 pm 
 

Oh god yeah, Twelve Kingdoms is like fantasy politics. Haha, it's great, but definitely no action oriented series as it may appear to be. Man I haven't seen that one since like jr. high, that's awkward to think about.

On that note if you want something a little shorter with a tad bit more action, Seirei no Moribito is top notch. It's from Production IG, so you can expect amazing visuals and directed by the guy that did Ghost in the Shell SAC (and Eden of the East which I hear is good), so it's pretty mature and great stuff as well.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 10361
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:25 pm 
 

I'll give that one a go, too. Politics in anime is nothing after going through LOGH.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
PDS
The Folk One

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: A forest on an island!
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 6:25 pm 
 

Byrain wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:
While doing something... on the internet, I came across a wiki for a show (?) called 12 Kingdoms. Anyone heard of it? Thought about seeing it. Then again, sounds like a chick flick thing.


Its not a chick flick thing, its more of the epic fantasy variety. The world it takes place has had a lot of detail go into it, though the source novels were never fully adapted (No end) and it takes a dozen or so episodes to pick up.


yeah Juni Kokuki isn't a Chick Flick thing. It is a friggin' Masterpiece, just a personal opinion
_________________
Acrobat wrote:
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Top
 Profile  
fjällvinter
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 445
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:00 pm 
 

Ok, I started to watch Rose of Versailles again, since 2 days ago. I'm reaching the ending and I forgot how sad was the story. I do some breaks to see the Traces of Death tho.

Top
 Profile  
kiske_of_deth
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:50 am
Posts: 287
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:47 pm 
 

It's been a while, Anime thread.

Recently finished S1 of Spice and Wolf, enjoyed it much MUCH more than I thought I would. Kind of just picked it up on a whim.

Completed S1 of Slayers, plan on doing Slayers NEXT... next. From what I hear NEXT is where it's at, so it should be great. I thought S1 was glorious for the most part, but I found the more "serious" episodes to be damn boring. It's still worth a watch.

Madoka Magica. MY favourite show of the year thus far, and I don't particularly enjoy Mahou Shoujo stuff. SHAFT is the new hotness.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu was brilliant. I still like TSR the best out of all three FMP! series, but people aren't lying when they say Fumoffu is the best comedy anime there is.

Haruhi Suzumiya. Welp, I finally gave in and watched it. I expected boring moeshit, but instead I got cool sci fi, funny, pretty original and interesting moeshit. Aside from those island murder episodes this show is pretty much perfect for what it is.

I've just started on Darker than Black in the meantime, enjoying it a lot already. I hope it keeps up this good, but I'm a bit wary of the second season already. I've heard nothing but bad things about it.
_________________
lights_bane@live.com.au - Email/Msn. Always good to hear from fellow headbangers!

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 10361
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:53 pm 
 

kiske_of_deth wrote:
I've just started on Darker than Black in the meantime, enjoying it a lot already. I hope it keeps up this good, but I'm a bit wary of the second season already. I've heard nothing but bad things about it.

Second season starts out like you're watching lolicon. After a few episodes, it picks up. I thought it was sad as shit when I saw it (eng subs, while I saw season 1 in eng dub).
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Gelal
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:42 am
Posts: 947
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:46 am 
 

kiske_of_deth wrote:
I've just started on Darker than Black in the meantime, enjoying it a lot already. I hope it keeps up this good, but I'm a bit wary of the second season already. I've heard nothing but bad things about it.


Some things you absolutely need to know about DtB:

- No, it doesn't keep up this good. That is, unless you enjoyed episode 26 of Evangelion enough to rewatch it every month.
- If you didn't, then it helps if you're a masochist. It's even better if both conditions apply.
- Finish the first season, then watch the OVAs before you start the second season. Your degree of confusion will be much lower.
- Do not skip the second season. I refuse to be the only one who watched that clusterfuck of FAIL from start to finish.
- When you finish the second season, remember that you are not alone. Thousands of people got trolled too.
- Do not let any of the above discourage you. It's still worth watching, as long as you don't take it seriously or expect a masterpiece.

Oh, and since it seems you haven't, watch season two of Haruhi Suzumiya. Without skipping (and/or fast-forwarding) any episodes, please. I refuse to be the only one that watched "that" (and "that", and "that", and "that", and... Those who watched it will get the joke) from start to finish too.

EDIT: closing a loophole


Last edited by Gelal on Tue May 24, 2011 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 2260
Location: Bradenton, Florida
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:13 am 
 

Just watched the entirety of Eden of the East yesterday, which was really, really cool. The tone was a little haphazard but I thought the way everything linked together was really interesting.

I'm pretty bigoted with anime in that if it doesn't grab me within the first like 5 minutes of the first episode I'm not going to watch it. Started a few things and refused to continue them because of it; Witchblade, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, etc. Just started Clannad though since a couple other people in here were talking about it a couple pages ago and I'm actually surprised by how good it is. I thought it was going to be some boring girly shit (which isn't necessarily a problem because the sheer amount of anime I watch basically designed for 16 year old girls is creepy) but it's actually got pretty well constructed characters and some of the best US dubbing I've ever heard.
_________________
Trial By Ordeal:
http://trialbyordeal666.blogspot.com/

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

Top
 Profile  
phibzy
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 am
Posts: 291
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:24 am 
 

Gelal wrote:
Oh, and since it seems you haven't, watch season two of Haruhi Suzumiya. Without skipping (and/or fast-forwarding) any episodes, please. I refuse to be the only one that watched "that" (and "that", and "that", and "that", and... Those who watched it will get the joke) from start to finish too.

EDIT: closing a loophole


Oh god, I still can't believe I managed to watch 3 episodes of "that", I don't know how the hell you managed to get through all of it. Haruhi Suzumiya is still great though.

As for DtB, it really is damn good, and despite the general disliking for S2... (braces for the hate) I actually quite enjoyed it, with the main exceptions being Suou's "transformation" scene and the ending.

Also, to the person currently watching it, make sure you watch the OVAs before the second season, it will make a lot more sense.
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Gelal
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:42 am
Posts: 947
Location: Spain
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:57 am 
 

phibzy wrote:
Oh god, I still can't believe I managed to watch 3 episodes of "that", I don't know how the hell you managed to get through all of it.


That's classified information. And you just read that in Mikuru's voice. Also, if you're as much of a nerd as I am, you automatically translated it to "kinsoku jikou" in your head.

Nah, in all seriousness it was just a matter of patience. I also enjoyed looking for the little details in each of the episodes, it was kind of like a game for me. That, and I watched it as it aired, so I didn't actually know which one would be the last (I suspected it because of the name of the plot arc, but I couldn't be sure), so I was like "let's see if it's this one" each week.

Top
 Profile  
phibzy
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 am
Posts: 291
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:10 am 
 

Gelal wrote:
phibzy wrote:
Oh god, I still can't believe I managed to watch 3 episodes of "that", I don't know how the hell you managed to get through all of it.


That's classified information. And you just read that in Mikuru's voice. Also, if you're as much of a nerd as I am, you automatically translated it to "kinsoku jikou" in your head.

Nah, in all seriousness it was just a matter of patience. I also enjoyed looking for the little details in each of the episodes, it was kind of like a game for me. That, and I watched it as it aired, so I didn't actually know which one would be the last (I suspected it because of the name of the plot arc, but I couldn't be sure), so I was like "let's see if it's this one" each week.


Ah fair enough then, I was watching the whole thing in one go so by the time I got through the first 2 episodes of the arc I just skipped to the last one due to repetetiveness.

And yes you're right, I did in fact read "That's classified information" in Mikuru's voice, however it seems you outweigh me greatly in the nerd department. :P
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
fjällvinter
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 445
Location: Chile
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:53 am 
 

SharpAndSlender wrote:
Just watched the entirety of Eden of the East yesterday, which was really, really cool. The tone was a little haphazard but I thought the way everything linked together was really interesting.

I'm pretty bigoted with anime in that if it doesn't grab me within the first like 5 minutes of the first episode I'm not going to watch it. Started a few things and refused to continue them because of it; Witchblade, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, etc. Just started Clannad though since a couple other people in here were talking about it a couple pages ago and I'm actually surprised by how good it is. I thought it was going to be some boring girly shit (which isn't necessarily a problem because the sheer amount of anime I watch basically designed for 16 year old girls is creepy) but it's actually got pretty well constructed characters and some of the best US dubbing I've ever heard.


Eden is great, yes. Don't bother with Witchblade, boring shit.

There are some series whose first ep are not that good, compared with how the story develops. Clannad itself is an example. Please, watch both seasons.

Also, I strongly recommend you Ef: A Tale of Memories and Ef: A Tale of Melodies.

There are people here into Kaiji and Akagi? both stories are about gambling, with a heavy psychological edge. Akagi is weirder since it's based on mahjong, but Kaiji is just about surviving on deadly games.

Top
 Profile  
OzzyApu
Metal freak

Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:11 am
Posts: 10361
Location: Seattle
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:10 am 
 

Gelal wrote:
- Do not skip the second season. I refuse to be the only one who watched that clusterfuck of FAIL from start to finish.
- When you finish the second season, remember that you are not alone. Thousands of people got trolled too.
- Do not let any of the above discourage you. It's still worth watching, as long as you don't take it seriously or expect a masterpiece.

Oh, and since it seems you haven't, watch season two of Haruhi Suzumiya. Without skipping (and/or fast-forwarding) any episodes, please. I refuse to be the only one that watched "that" (and "that", and "that", and "that", and... Those who watched it will get the joke) from start to finish too.

EDIT: closing a loophole

It's ok, I sat through all of that too from Season 1 (great), to OVAs (huh?), to Season 2 :scratch:.
_________________
gomorro wrote:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Top
 Profile  
Onikage
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:28 am
Posts: 103
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:49 pm 
 

fjällvinter wrote:
SharpAndSlender wrote:

There are people here into Kaiji and Akagi? both stories are about gambling, with a heavy psychological edge. Akagi is weirder since it's based on mahjong, but Kaiji is just about surviving on deadly games.


Yes. Kaiji is my favorite anime. I have read almost every manga from the author of Kaiji and Akagi, Nobuyuki Fukumoto. All of his works are highly addicting and insightful. Most of them are thrillers but there's also Legend of the strongest man Kurosawa, which is about the struggles of a regular man who has failed in his life. It's both hilarious and sad.

Top
 Profile  
chaosphere_1994
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:26 am
Posts: 24
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:16 pm 
 

Just curious, do any of you guys have a myanimelist account? http://myanimelist.net
Made an account earlier today and now that I've listed the stuff that I'm following I can clean up my browser's bookmarks.


Last edited by chaosphere_1994 on Wed May 25, 2011 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Top
 Profile  
vikingmetaler
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 122
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:35 pm 
 

I saw something from Elfen Lied (or something like that...) in an I Shalt Become video once. It looked pretty cool.

Top
 Profile  
Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:30 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:03 pm 
 

vikingmetaler wrote:
I saw something from Elfen Lied (or something like that...) in an I Shalt Become video once. It looked pretty cool.


Don't be fooled, my friend: it's not. Unless you happen to enjoy "all graphic violence and no content", that is.
_________________
Nihil verum nisi Mors...
Quote:
We need an entrance exam for this forum.

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

Top
 Profile  
vikingmetaler
Metal newbie

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:06 pm
Posts: 122
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:18 pm 
 

Blacklinkz wrote:
vikingmetaler wrote:
I saw something from Elfen Lied (or something like that...) in an I Shalt Become video once. It looked pretty cool.


Don't be fooled, my friend: it's not. Unless you happen to enjoy "all graphic violence and no content", that is.

Yeah, someone told me the same thing on YouTube. That girl must be some kind of wizard with those head explosion powers.

Top
 Profile  
Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:30 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:22 pm 
 

vikingmetaler wrote:
That girl must be some kind of wizard with those head explosion powers.


They're basically
Spoiler: show
invisible limbs

Lame, I know.
_________________
Nihil verum nisi Mors...
Quote:
We need an entrance exam for this forum.

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

Top
 Profile  
Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: México, DF
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 12:16 am 
 

Blacklinkz wrote:
vikingmetaler wrote:
That girl must be some kind of wizard with those head explosion powers.


They're basically
Spoiler: show
invisible limbs

Lame, I know.

They are actually
Spoiler: show
vectors, invisble arms (yes, they do look like arms, they even have hands, remeber?)
:lol:
And it's not lame!!!
It's freaking awesome!

Top
 Profile  
Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:30 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:09 am 
 

Young_Metalhead wrote:
They are actually
Spoiler: show
vectors, invisble arms (yes, they do look like arms, they even have hands, remeber?)
:lol:
And it's not lame!!!
It's freaking awesome!


Yeah, that's what I meant, actually. And I still think they are lame. About as lame as these new spoiler boxes.
_________________
Nihil verum nisi Mors...
Quote:
We need an entrance exam for this forum.

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

Top
 Profile  
chaosphere_1994
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:26 am
Posts: 24
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:13 am 
 

Young_Metalhead wrote:
They are actually
Spoiler: show
vectors, invisble arms (yes, they do look like arms, they even have hands, remeber?)
:lol:
And it's not lame!!!
It's freaking awesome!

Are vectors like capable of changing their shape? Or are they just that badass?
Spoiler: show
Cause in the anime, whenever vectors slash people it looks like.... as if they got cut by a blade?
But then again, stuff like that happens a lot in anime. :lol:


Blacklinkz wrote:
About as lame as these new spoiler boxes.
What were the old spoiler boxes like? Just curious.

Top
 Profile  
PDS
The Folk One

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: A forest on an island!
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:19 am 
 

Ok about Elfen Lied, it is a love hate thing. People will ove it and people will hate it. People hate it for the violence and the nudity and is consistent throughout, and some love it because they perceive some sort of message as a representation of alienation and how people don't like people that re 'different' I personally love Elfen Lied, why? I'm a sick fuck that loves to see things explode in blood when I'm not watching Anime Romcoms ('cus frankly, they do it better than live action)
_________________
Acrobat wrote:
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Top
 Profile  
Blacklinkz
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat May 19, 2007 1:30 pm
Posts: 393
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 am 
 

chaosphere_1994 wrote:
Blacklinkz wrote:
About as lame as these new spoiler boxes.
What were the old spoiler boxes like? Just curious.


Well, the fact that there were no "old" spoiler boxes doesn't change the fact that these ones are new, at least to these forums.

In other things, I don't remember the series ever mentioning anything about vectors shape-shifting, but don't quote me on that. I think they just moved at hyper-speeds, or something like that. I never paid much attention, as it bore me to tears. I used to like the intro song, but it got so over-played around here, that it just became as boring as the rest of the series.

But don't let my rants about it stop anyone from watching it and judge for themselves.
_________________
Nihil verum nisi Mors...
Quote:
We need an entrance exam for this forum.

http://intothepandemoniumes.blogspot.com Blog with reviews, articles and other nerdy stuff. Spanish only :/

Top
 Profile  
Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: México, DF
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:41 am 
 

Blacklinkz wrote:
Well, the fact that there were no "old" spoiler boxes doesn't change the fact that these ones are new, at least to these forums.

In other things, I don't remember the series ever mentioning anything about vectors shape-shifting, but don't quote me on that. I think they just moved at hyper-speeds, or something like that. I never paid much attention, as it bore me to tears. I used to like the intro song, but it got so over-played around here, that it just became as boring as the rest of the series.

But don't let my rants about it stop anyone from watching it and judge for themselves.


Don't listen to this guy. :lol:
And yes, they moved hyper-fast. Elfen Lied is...

It is not the best thing, but if you have time (around, emm let's see... 3 hours?) it is worth the watch.

I still don't like the color of the spoiler boxes, but I don't think anyone does..

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 7154
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:48 am 
 

Pagan_Death_Sceam wrote:
Ok about Elfen Lied, it is a love hate thing. People will ove it and people will hate it. People hate it for the violence and the nudity and is consistent throughout, and some love it because they perceive some sort of message as a representation of alienation and how people don't like people that re 'different' I personally love Elfen Lied, why? I'm a sick fuck that loves to see things explode in blood when I'm not watching Anime Romcoms ('cus frankly, they do it better than live action)

Or one can just hate it because it's overrated trash that tries to be two shows at once (some lame violent drama or some stupid sappy love triangle romance) with little moe brats I didn't give a shit about.

It wasn't even that violent so I'll never understand that either (people either hating it in that regard or loving it because of that stuff), stuff like Genocyber, MD Geist, or most 80/90's OVA's make this show their bitch when it comes to violence. Not like many of them are great themselves, but at least they don't fail at trying to be deep with convoluted garbage.

Ah, Elfen Lied!
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Top
 Profile  
Byrain
Metalhead

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:45 pm
Posts: 1276
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:30 am 
 

Xeogred wrote:
Pagan_Death_Sceam wrote:
Ok about Elfen Lied, it is a love hate thing. People will ove it and people will hate it. People hate it for the violence and the nudity and is consistent throughout, and some love it because they perceive some sort of message as a representation of alienation and how people don't like people that re 'different' I personally love Elfen Lied, why? I'm a sick fuck that loves to see things explode in blood when I'm not watching Anime Romcoms ('cus frankly, they do it better than live action)

Or one can just hate it because it's overrated trash that tries to be two shows at once (some lame violent drama or some stupid sappy love triangle romance) with little moe brats I didn't give a shit about.

It wasn't even that violent so I'll never understand that either (people either hating it in that regard or loving it because of that stuff), stuff like Genocyber, MD Geist, or most 80/90's OVA's make this show their bitch when it comes to violence. Not like many of them are great themselves, but at least they don't fail at trying to be deep with convoluted garbage.

Ah, Elfen Lied!
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:


Those 80-90s ovas being more violent doesn't say much when they're also much more bland and dry then elfen lied. Not that elfen lied isn't overrated or even that it is good, but it certainly has a lot more going for it then something like Genocyber.
Spoiler: show
The scene where lucy gouges that guys eyes out after he proclaims how he will never forgot how she looks alone is far more memorable then many of those old ovas.

And if someone really wanted something fucked up, skip those old ovas and try Uzumaki, I can't say I ever finished it...

Top
 Profile  
TeRRorBld
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am
Posts: 488
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:14 am 
 

(About Elfen Lied)The anime may not be that good. but the manga is perfect. It has 107 chapters, so there is much more content, especially to the storyline. I started reading it because there is much less gore and after 3-4 chapters I realized it's completely different.

Top
 Profile  
Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: México, DF
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:18 pm 
 

So I'm donwloading Detroit Metal City, finally.
Also K-On!, both 1 and 2. Let's see what't all about :lol:
And D.Gray Man... My girlfriend keeps saying it's awesome so I'm gonna check that.

Top
 Profile  
Xeogred
Thunderbolt from Hell

Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 7154
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:42 pm 
 

Can't mess with Kenji Kawai. :D

Top
 Profile  
TeRRorBld
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am
Posts: 488
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:43 pm 
 

Young_Metalhead wrote:
And D.Gray Man... My girlfriend keeps saying it's awesome so I'm gonna check that.

Don't! It's boring...

Top
 Profile  
Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: México, DF
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:03 pm 
 

TeRRorBld wrote:
Young_Metalhead wrote:
And D.Gray Man... My girlfriend keeps saying it's awesome so I'm gonna check that.

Don't! It's boring...

I kind of have to, you know? :lol:
In any case, loving Detroit Metal City... The first episode was just... :lol:

Top
 Profile  
xxmagnumhaloxx
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:37 pm
Posts: 2
Location: United States of America
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:40 pm 
 

Young_Metalhead wrote:
Also K-On!, both 1 and 2. Let's see what't all about :lol:


I have found people either really hate it or love it. I personally love it. It's kind of loli which I don't care for, but it's fun and feel-good.

I recently saw Paprika. I felt like I was eating the most delicious ramen.

Top
 Profile  
SharpAndSlender
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:49 am
Posts: 2260
Location: Bradenton, Florida
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:23 pm 
 

Finished Clannad the other day. Really good, and yeah, the second season does obliterate the first. Probably gonna start on Lucky Star soon since the first episode is one of the more surreal things I've seen.
_________________
Trial By Ordeal:
http://trialbyordeal666.blogspot.com/

Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/noktorn01

Lepernicus wrote:
Every record that dipshit sold took away money that could have went to a far more deserving band such as Immolation.

Top
 Profile  
TeRRorBld
Metalhead

Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:48 am
Posts: 488
Location: Greece
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 pm 
 

Young_Metalhead wrote:
I kind of have to, you know? :lol:
In any case, loving Detroit Metal City... The first episode was just... :lol:

Then, I hope you'll enjoy it more than me :lol:

DMC is fucking awesome! I even downloaded the movie, just to see more of it. :headbang:

Top
 Profile  
PDS
The Folk One

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: A forest on an island!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:06 am 
 

xxmagnumhaloxx wrote:
Young_Metalhead wrote:
Also K-On!, both 1 and 2. Let's see what't all about :lol:


I have found people either really hate it or love it. I personally love it. It's kind of loli which I don't care for, but it's fun and feel-good.



I think you Mean Moe. Not Loli. Moe id K-On! And Lucky Star. Loli is like Lotte no Omocha or CCS
_________________
Acrobat wrote:
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Top
 Profile  
phibzy
Metal newbie

Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:48 am
Posts: 291
Location: Australia
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:39 am 
 

xxmagnumhaloxx wrote:
Young_Metalhead wrote:
Also K-On!, both 1 and 2. Let's see what't all about :lol:


I have found people either really hate it or love it.


That does seem to be the case from what I've seen.

As for me, I thought it was great. :)
_________________
Last.fm

Top
 Profile  
Onikage
Metal newbie

Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:28 am
Posts: 103
Location: Finland
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:43 am 
 

I hate K-ON! and anything of the sort. Watching it puts me into murderous rage.

Top
 Profile  
Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: México, DF
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 pm 
 

Onikage wrote:
I hate K-ON! and anything of the sort. Watching it puts me into murderous rage.

Take it easy man.

Top
 Profile  
Young_Metalhead
Saanut kerran. Todistetusti.

Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:17 pm
Posts: 1504
Location: México, DF
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:45 pm 
 

I'm watching again Saint Seiya. How many memories!!!
"Dame tu fuerza, ¡Pegaso!"

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 59  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CoconutBackwards, Gliykter and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group