Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:01 pm 

Thoughts from being high:

Hell’s Kitchen is the fakest, most self-defeating reality show ever. Not only are the contestants willingly signed up to be verbally and emotionally abused by an Englishman putting on an act that would almost certainly be fired from any real kitchen if he treated his staff that way (and didn’t already own the place himself), but they are all made to look like the most incompetent sacks of shit ever through manipulative editing and having PAs run into the kitchen while the chefs are doing something else and deliberately fuck with them, doing stuff like dumping in more of an ingredient than needed and turning burners down or off so as to undercook the food.

The self-defeating part of this show, and this is probably deliberate in the part of the producers and network, is that the contestants are portrayed as such utter fuckups that it’s caused the winner to be refused the grand prize by the hotel or restaurant’s investors, as they all thought that hiring people like THIS to run a multimillion dollar restaurant was too risky. Can you blame them?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:51 am 

Good Australian show I watched recently about an Aussie hitman:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/?ref_=rvi_tt

Definitely worth a watch, based on a movie called The Magician (I think) which I have been unable to find. Anyway, basically like an Aussie Breaking Bad, not as intense, but if you like that kind of stuff (and really, who doesn't) you'll like this.

Methuen
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:25 am 

Today I discovered that Columbo films were still being released in 2003 ! Happy Sunday surprise.

wizard_of_bore
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:46 pm 

Methuen wrote:
Today I discovered that Columbo films were still being released in 2003 ! Happy Sunday surprise.
I used to watch hours of that show with my Father. I always root for the bad guy and was a fan of Patrick McGoohan, in the few episodes that he was in. The criminals always believe Columbo to be this bumbling idiot. Then Columbo asks that famous line "can I ask you just one more thing?" Then the question that puts all of the pieces together, yet is something so trivial. How long have you done photography? How long have you smoked Lidel Brand Cigars? That's a beautiful car in the driveway, how often do you change the oil in it? Boom, case solved, from a trivial piece of information. One of the criminal of course never considered.
Now for a higher level song like Moth Into Flame. I specifically remember getting in trouble at school for hearing this the day it was released for having my phone out and then defiantly saying to my teacher Fuck off Im listening to a new Metallica song

Gunslinger21
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:07 am 

Yo did anyone else watch the Jake Paul / Ben Askren fight? that entire event was fucked dude. The only professionals involved with that event were Cunningham and Mir who are both excellent warriors. The only other redeeming factor was Snoop Dogg yelling at the top of his lungs about the "two million motherfucking dollars, on the set cuz!" lol. He yelled more about his bet than the actual fight :lol:

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:27 am 

Gunslinger21 wrote:
Yo did anyone else watch the Jake Paul / Ben Askren fight? that entire event was fucked dude. The only professionals involved with that event were Cunningham and Mir who are both excellent warriors. The only other redeeming factor was Snoop Dogg yelling at the top of his lungs about the "two million motherfucking dollars, on the set cuz!" lol. He yelled more about his bet than the actual fight :lol:

I've never heard of either.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:52 am 

Gunslinger21 wrote:

I can't think of a worse way to spend $50. Agreed that Cunningham and Mir was definitely the highlight, although Regis Prograis is an animal too. The ending to his fight was one of the stranger things I've seen, but that shouldn't take away from him at all.

I'm not even sure why I bothered with this in the first place, but after watching that PPV, I am never going to spend a single dime on anything Jake Paul-related again.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 163, 164, 165, 166, 167