Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
twistedknife
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:15 pm 

Any Whitehouse fans here?

I just started listening to them, and it's quite the experience. I prefer their later material, with my favorite track being Daddo.

After listening to Mummy and Daddy, even death metal seems tame. It actually takes awhile for my ears to readjust afterwards.

Their spoken collages are pretty messed up, to be blunt.

Here's their music (you have to pay to access the full tracks): https://bleep.com/artist/9972-whitehouse

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:32 pm 

They were one of the very first power electronics groups I got into-- started with them and then continued through to Ramleh and Sutcliffe Jugend (both of whom I personally like better than Whitehouse) and on from there. The lyrical content and general vibe of their 80s material got really old really fast, and I basically never listen to them anymore, but there's no denying how ahead of their time and influential they were. I tend to prefer the death industrial artists that took power electronics in a bleaker, more ambient direction, like Brighter Death Now, Atrax Morgue, Anenzephalia, etc. The aesthetic does get pretty tiresome though. Like yeah, serial killers, sexism, rape, very edgy. Whitehouse at least puts a cartoonish spin on it (during their 80s era, maybe not so much later) that dilutes some of the tryhard edginess inherent to the genre.

ACFAN8895
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2022 10:37 pm 

I like some bits and pieces of live stuff. But, I'm not into their studio material.

When it comes to stuff like this, I prefer the Japanese and American scenes more. Although, I do like Evil Moisture and Smell & Quim.

ZenoMarx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 11:07 am 

Like so many, I cut my teeth with power-electronics with Whitehouse. After all, they have always got a lot of press. My first exposure was Birthdeath Experience because I ran into the CD used for cheap. I still don't really care a lot for that one. Total Sex and Erector were the ones I listened to the most, but there really isn't a bad album besides that first one. Tens and tens of other power-electronic artists I'd prefer to hear. I've just recently emerged from a deep dive with PE after going on a re-listen for more stuff like Militia --which isn't power-electronics, but they're often associated with it-- that took me down a rabbit hole.

MiamiJustice
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:44 am 

Yes this is a place I can be found ;).

Reply to topic