Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
A_Cryptic_Sage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 am 

The creepiest thing to ever happen to me was really lame now that I look back on it but scary as hell when it was happening.

So a little while ago, I was dabbling into the more dark side of occult magick and practices. Also, I had used some marijuana before as to make my mind a little more abstract than normal and to focus a lot better. I was reading up on things of all sorts: demons, negative energy, spirits, etc. After sitting there for a while contemplating this kind of stuff, the light above my head violently blew out and sent shards everywhere. Now, I was very high and the accident definitely startled me for a bit and had me thinking of spirits and energies and how they can mess around with electronics. I decided to wait my high off so that I wouldn't be paranoid. After that I took a shower and got ready for bed. Usually I will turn off my clock because it makes the most obnoxious ticks in the world. I also turn off any electronics that make noise. I need perfect silence to be able to fall asleep. So there I was, laying in the dark and silence of my room. I wasn't high anymore, so the following is just not explainable to me.

As I was laying there, staring up at the ceiling fan, I noticed that it was a little too quiet for me. I had this very odd feeling come over me and my hair stood on edge all over my body. Then I noticed that the shadows around the ceiling fan were moving around and they condensed around the center so that it looked like there was no more middle piece of the fan. Just a shadow ball with fan blades. At this point I was very disturbed, so I turned on the lights and turned the clock back on as well as turning the fan on. I sat there in a lighted room for a good 15 minutes just thinking. The hair on my body would not go down and I still had a REALLY odd feeling. Feeling really shaken, I went to bed again and was about to fall asleep when the clock just fell off the wall and gave me silence once more. That really scared the shit out of me so I quickly grabbed my blankets and went to my house where my family sleeps. (I live in an upper room of a separate garage that also serves as my dads office.) I'm 18 years old and that was the first time since I was very little that I had ever ran away from something

So what the hell happened? I still have no clue. There might be some explanation to what happened but I still don't know what it is. All I know is that I was scared shitless by what was going on.

There was also this other time where a small camel spider ran past my head on the couch I was sitting on. I jumped to my feet, nearly pissed in my pants and captured it. I even took a photo! I don't sit on that couch anymore.

Evil_Alchemist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:36 pm 

@JAPANESEPENISYNDROME: can you post a pic of your pierced thumb?

Tonatiuth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:20 pm 

A_Cryptic_Sage wrote:
The creepiest thing to ever happen to me was really lame now that I look back on it but scary as hell when it was happening.

So a little while ago, I was dabbling into the more dark side of occult magick and practices. Also, I had used some marijuana before as to make my mind a little more abstract than normal and to focus a lot better. I was reading up on things of all sorts: demons, negative energy, spirits, etc. After sitting there for a while contemplating this kind of stuff, the light above my head violently blew out and sent shards everywhere. Now, I was very high and the accident definitely startled me for a bit and had me thinking of spirits and energies and how they can mess around with electronics. I decided to wait my high off so that I wouldn't be paranoid. After that I took a shower and got ready for bed. Usually I will turn off my clock because it makes the most obnoxious ticks in the world. I also turn off any electronics that make noise. I need perfect silence to be able to fall asleep. So there I was, laying in the dark and silence of my room. I wasn't high anymore, so the following is just not explainable to me.

As I was laying there, staring up at the ceiling fan, I noticed that it was a little too quiet for me. I had this very odd feeling come over me and my hair stood on edge all over my body. Then I noticed that the shadows around the ceiling fan were moving around and they condensed around the center so that it looked like there was no more middle piece of the fan. Just a shadow ball with fan blades. At this point I was very disturbed, so I turned on the lights and turned the clock back on as well as turning the fan on. I sat there in a lighted room for a good 15 minutes just thinking. The hair on my body would not go down and I still had a REALLY odd feeling. Feeling really shaken, I went to bed again and was about to fall asleep when the clock just fell off the wall and gave me silence once more. That really scared the shit out of me so I quickly grabbed my blankets and went to my house where my family sleeps. (I live in an upper room of a separate garage that also serves as my dads office.) I'm 18 years old and that was the first time since I was very little that I had ever ran away from something

So what the hell happened? I still have no clue. There might be some explanation to what happened but I still don't know what it is. All I know is that I was scared shitless by what was going on.

There was also this other time where a small camel spider ran past my head on the couch I was sitting on. I jumped to my feet, nearly pissed in my pants and captured it. I even took a photo! I don't sit on that couch anymore.

Uhh weird.. and... you still have the photo??

lol I believe there's a misunderstanding. Tonatiuth is referring to the deathcore band, not anything related to your music.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:31 pm 

A_Cryptic_Sage wrote:

Suggestion
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

A_Cryptic_Sage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:36 am 

Tonatiuth wrote:
A_Cryptic_Sage wrote:

Uhh weird.. and... you still have the photo??

Yes I do. Haha

A_Cryptic_Sage
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:38 am 

Nahsil wrote:
A_Cryptic_Sage wrote:

Suggestion

It sounds far fetched but I think some dark forces were at work. I was a die hard athiest until that happened to me.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:40 am 

think maybe it was Emperor Palpatine himself, or just his pansy Sith apprentice?

seriously, "dark forces" only exist in your mind (and George Lucas's mind).
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

Ravenlord266
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:20 pm 

Shit :lol:

Evil_Alchemist
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:00 am 

WARNING: LONG POST WITH SOME MIDDLE EASTERN AND ISLAMIC INFLUENCES.

ok, so i was in 11th grade, started listening to metal, and i was an infidel. had that "fuck god and fuck you" attitude. always getting into fights, arguing with my teachers and classmates over religion, getting suspended for spray painting a pentagram on the school door. wish i took a picture though :D

so one night, i was smoking in my room, listening to Deicide and Behemoth, when i fell asleep. i had what was one of my worst nightmares that would plague me for the next 3 months.
i dreamt that i was in the bathroom looking at myself. at the corner of my eye i saw something laying in the bathtub. i approached it and it was a decaying corpse. i looked a bit closer, and the flesh started to peel off its face as it was screaming the most unholy screams you can imagine.
at the end of it, i woke up with a jolt, cold sweats all over me, and i had pissed myself. i swear i saw something in the corner. it was something like a shadow. i blinked and it was gone. with it it took that sense of pure evil looming around. i shrugged it off, smoked another one and got ready for school.

night after that, i took some painkillers to sleep. surely enough, i had another nightmare.
this time, i was running in a desert. sky was blue, sun was up, but nothing around me. no dunes, no mountains, nothing. then i see something moving towards me. a small black figure. i stopped in my tracks. i looked at it once, next thing i know, i fall backwards on my back, and he's behind me. he looks at me, it's my brother's face, he screams, and i swear, i don't know how to put it in a nutshell, but i could feel myself screaming in real life. i skipped school to stay home. my mom came rushing in, asking what had happened. told her it's just a bad dream. don't worry. though inside, my heart was running a fucking marathon. my brain was exploding from what had happened.
again, i saw the same figure from the day before, only this time it stayed a bit longer.

day after that, i went to sleep by accident and had a dream.. don't remember the details, but it was like being sucked into an endless vacuum.

i went to the doctor with my mom, he said see a shrink, he told me that it was just stress, and fear of the unknown, blah blah blah... he prescribed me some sleeping pills and went home.

for the first time since the beginning of the week, i got a good night's sleep. no dreams, but the figure was standing there again. i was gonna scream at it when it vanished. i was scared shitless again, smoked one, and went on the internet.

i don't remember anything from here, so i'll fast forward to 2 months after.

my dad comes back home, i told him what was wrong with me, he says let's go see a "witch doctor.".
now, she wasn't a witch, more like an elderly person who had the gift of removing the evil eye and stuff like that.
i was a fucking mess. couldn't hold a cigarette properly, my weight dropped, my eyes were red. i'd faint at times to find myself in another place.

so we go to her house, and i felt something inside me was gonna fucking explode. you know that feeling when you've eaten too much of a good meal?

she looks at me, and says "i welcome you and your bosses" in arabic. i stand there amazed, the fuck you mean by me and my bosses? she says, "you feel depressed, you've been having these nightmares where it ends with a scream, you can't sleep, you try to convince yourself that you're not a muslim, you blackout and wake up in the wierdest of places, am i right?"
my jaw hit the fucking floor lol. that described me so accurately.

so i go inside, and i was gonna die from the pain in my head. my dad sat me down in a nearby chair, she strapped me to it. then her sons cam to help as well. at this time i was panicking.
she started to read some verses from the quran, and my head was boiling at this point. i blacked out again.
i had the weirdest experience ever. it was like i was trapped in this body with other people, but i couldn't move a damn muscle. i felt rooted there as the other people were moving like crazy all around the place. it was all black. bell ringing sounds everywhere.

i vomited not long after that. but, with the vomit came a sense of relief. like you've been working double shifts and overtime for two weeks and not sleeping that well during that time, and now you have a month off so you sleep like a baby for two to three days. that kind of relief.

i wake up to find my dad, the witch, and her two sons standing there, all covered in vomit.
it was only for a moment, as i had fainted afterwards.
woke up to find the witch reading more verses over my head. i asked about my dad, she said he had gone home.
she said that i could go home if i wanted to, i did, but before i went, we had a little conversation... don't remember the details of it.
i thanked her, took the money she offered for transportation with a little extra for cigarettes, and went home.

now i'm in 12th grade, and i've never been better. i still enjoy deicide and my anti-religion bands.

wait, i just remembered a dream i had before my dad came home.
i'm running in a desert. a donkey is chasing me. it was black with red eyes. a huge motherfucker. he was screaming shit like "it's ok!", "i'm your father!". in arabic of course.
after i started praying, i had the same dream, only i felt a soothing warmth behind me and a blinding light from behind. i look behind me to find a wall of pure light blocking the donkey from me.
i look forward, and this orb of light comes down to me and says "don't fear." three times in a deep smooth voice. i wake up with a huge smile on my face and a sense of calmness i have yet to experience again.

wow that was one long post haha :D

ASupervillain
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:54 pm 

Nahsil wrote:
think maybe it was Emperor Palpatine himself, or just his pansy Sith apprentice?

seriously, "dark forces" only exist in your mind (and George Lucas's mind).

Teehee

CapricornSupernaut
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:20 pm 

Evil_Alchemist wrote:
WARNING: LONG POST WITH SOME MIDDLE EASTERN AND ISLAMIC INFLUENCES.

ok, so i was in 11th grade, started listening to metal, and i was an infidel. had that "fuck god and fuck you" attitude. always getting into fights, arguing with my teachers and classmates over religion, getting suspended for spray painting a pentagram on the school door. wish i took a picture though :D

so one night, i was smoking in my room, listening to Deicide and Behemoth, when i fell asleep. i had what was one of my worst nightmares that would plague me for the next 3 months.
i dreamt that i was in the bathroom looking at myself. at the corner of my eye i saw something laying in the bathtub. i approached it and it was a decaying corpse. i looked a bit closer, and the flesh started to peel off its face as it was screaming the most unholy screams you can imagine.
at the end of it, i woke up with a jolt, cold sweats all over me, and i had pissed myself. i swear i saw something in the corner. it was something like a shadow. i blinked and it was gone. with it it took that sense of pure evil looming around. i shrugged it off, smoked another one and got ready for school.

night after that, i took some painkillers to sleep. surely enough, i had another nightmare.
this time, i was running in a desert. sky was blue, sun was up, but nothing around me. no dunes, no mountains, nothing. then i see something moving towards me. a small black figure. i stopped in my tracks. i looked at it once, next thing i know, i fall backwards on my back, and he's behind me. he looks at me, it's my brother's face, he screams, and i swear, i don't know how to put it in a nutshell, but i could feel myself screaming in real life. i skipped school to stay home. my mom came rushing in, asking what had happened. told her it's just a bad dream. don't worry. though inside, my heart was running a fucking marathon. my brain was exploding from what had happened.
again, i saw the same figure from the day before, only this time it stayed a bit longer.

day after that, i went to sleep by accident and had a dream.. don't remember the details, but it was like being sucked into an endless vacuum.

i went to the doctor with my mom, he said see a shrink, he told me that it was just stress, and fear of the unknown, blah blah blah... he prescribed me some sleeping pills and went home.

for the first time since the beginning of the week, i got a good night's sleep. no dreams, but the figure was standing there again. i was gonna scream at it when it vanished. i was scared shitless again, smoked one, and went on the internet.

i don't remember anything from here, so i'll fast forward to 2 months after.

my dad comes back home, i told him what was wrong with me, he says let's go see a "witch doctor.".
now, she wasn't a witch, more like an elderly person who had the gift of removing the evil eye and stuff like that.
i was a fucking mess. couldn't hold a cigarette properly, my weight dropped, my eyes were red. i'd faint at times to find myself in another place.

so we go to her house, and i felt something inside me was gonna fucking explode. you know that feeling when you've eaten too much of a good meal?

she looks at me, and says "i welcome you and your bosses" in arabic. i stand there amazed, the fuck you mean by me and my bosses? she says, "you feel depressed, you've been having these nightmares where it ends with a scream, you can't sleep, you try to convince yourself that you're not a muslim, you blackout and wake up in the wierdest of places, am i right?"
my jaw hit the fucking floor lol. that described me so accurately.

so i go inside, and i was gonna die from the pain in my head. my dad sat me down in a nearby chair, she strapped me to it. then her sons cam to help as well. at this time i was panicking.
she started to read some verses from the quran, and my head was boiling at this point. i blacked out again.
i had the weirdest experience ever. it was like i was trapped in this body with other people, but i couldn't move a damn muscle. i felt rooted there as the other people were moving like crazy all around the place. it was all black. bell ringing sounds everywhere.

i vomited not long after that. but, with the vomit came a sense of relief. like you've been working double shifts and overtime for two weeks and not sleeping that well during that time, and now you have a month off so you sleep like a baby for two to three days. that kind of relief.

i wake up to find my dad, the witch, and her two sons standing there, all covered in vomit.
it was only for a moment, as i had fainted afterwards.
woke up to find the witch reading more verses over my head. i asked about my dad, she said he had gone home.
she said that i could go home if i wanted to, i did, but before i went, we had a little conversation... don't remember the details of it.
i thanked her, took the money she offered for transportation with a little extra for cigarettes, and went home.

now i'm in 12th grade, and i've never been better. i still enjoy deicide and my anti-religion bands.

wait, i just remembered a dream i had before my dad came home.
i'm running in a desert. a donkey is chasing me. it was black with red eyes. a huge motherfucker. he was screaming shit like "it's ok!", "i'm your father!". in arabic of course.
after i started praying, i had the same dream, only i felt a soothing warmth behind me and a blinding light from behind. i look behind me to find a wall of pure light blocking the donkey from me.
i look forward, and this orb of light comes down to me and says "don't fear." three times in a deep smooth voice. i wake up with a huge smile on my face and a sense of calmness i have yet to experience again.

wow that was one long post haha :D

Wow. There have been fucked up periods in my life, but this takes the biscuit.

AbhorrentDisciple
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:34 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
After long night of fencing practice, I finally get home and am ready for a shower/ sleep. I'm just walking up to my back door when I hear the sound of garbage cans getting knocked over. I look at the alley way between my neighbor’s garage and the back of someone else's house and see this THING slink into the alleyway, knocking over trashcans on its way. The weirdest part about it was that it was too big to be a dog or a cat, and its limbs were proportioned like a human’s, with slimy looking banana yellow skin. This creature had a slink like that of Gollum, and had JUST missed the sight of its head. It was about 4 feet tall while hunched over. Getting the chills just thinking about it

Apparently this thing has been sighted all over IL. I don't know where you are, but whatever this is sounds similar.

Yeah, that was me. Eating shit out of trash cans statewide.

chaos_orb
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:50 pm 

Ok, reading through the UFO thread i was somehow reminded of this awesome thread from years ago, and i decided to give it a bump for old time's sake...
Here's the UFO thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=114284&p=2613227#p2613227
Here's the original topic to this one http://www.metal-archives.com/~metalarc ... =2&t=54385 (take your time to read through it!)
Some awesome reads in there for new members, also hoping for some new stories from newer members, wonder why this was never stickied as it was one of the most awesome reads in the off-topic section...

kingnuuuur
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:07 pm 

Holy mother of fuck. This thread had one of the most harrowing stories I've ever read, and the post seems to have completely disappeared without trace. Even the poster, JAPANESEPENISYNDROME, is nowhere to be found. That's fucking creepy.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:39 pm 

kingnuuuur wrote:
Holy mother of fuck. This thread had one of the most harrowing stories I've ever read, and the post seems to have completely disappeared without trace. Even the poster, JAPANESEPENISYNDROME, is nowhere to be found. That's fucking creepy.

Yeah, he apparently removed his post for "personal reasons". Must have been fucked up...I can't remember which story it was, though.

Pichushkin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:44 pm 

JAPANESEPENISSYNDROME had a story of how in Morocco where he lives he was almost murdered by what he thinks were black market organ harvesters and they tried to kill him and stabbed a syringe of something in his hand before he managed to escape.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:15 pm 

i have not read any of this thread but i will but it reminds me of these kinda youtube channels

real of fake i am fascinated by these

i didnt realise the age of this thread

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:41 pm 

This is more terrifying than creepy, but hell here goes: Back in 1999 I had two friends over to my house to spend the night. We would routinely sneak out late at night and go around and cause mischief, vandalize, etc.

We snuck out from the gate of my back porch, and made it through a few back yards and we were presented with a clear field of maybe 40 yards or so, with a street out in the distance. Everything was dark but one street lamp. We were whispering to each other trying to figure out where to go and I noticed a black figure slink into the light given off by the streetlamp. It was the neighbor's aggressive as hell black dog, which we rarely ever saw, but routinely heard because this dog barked ferociously, so kind of like the movie Sandlot. And just our luck, it somehow managed to get loose and was roaming unleashed throughout the neighborhood at night.

Well, to our expected terror, the dog's ears perk up and it spots us. It had a very distinctive bark, sounding like "WOULD-A WOULD-A WOULD-A" I'll never forget that. Anyway the dog bolts towards us barking and I swear I've never ran so fast before in my life. I remember that I was disoriented because I was so petrified, and I almost got lost on my way back, and I lost the other two. Eventually we all regrouped just as we reached my back gate and we managed to close it just as the dog reached it. We could hear it clawing on the other side (it was a wooden gate). Safe to say we stayed in for the reminder of the night.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

severzhavnost
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:35 am 

As a newborn I caught pneumonia, which was dangerous enough on its own at that early age. To make things worse, my treatment was fouled up and I received what should have been a fatal overdose. When I was first told of that incident... let's just say "I should be dead" is a damn weird thought to have.

Rosenthorn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:56 am 

doomlover in the V1 thread wrote:
Not nessisarily creepy but definitely wierd. I was walking home from a party not long back, I was slightly tipsy but I'd only had a few glasses of wine. Anyway it had been raining, and you know after it rains like loads of slugs and snails etc seem to come out. Well I was walking down the road and I turned my head to something that caught my eye, and there were about 15 snails crossing the road. Just slowly making their way to the other side. Like they noticed it was night time and it had just rained, "shit lads, nows our time to cross the road". And it must of been 15 mins of me just standing there just watching them slowly make thier way to freedom. No i was not drunk.

Definitely the best story from that thread. (as far as I've gotten).

Obey the dolphin!

Doors of Stone
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:13 am 

There was a hurricane in southwestern Germany on December 26th, 1999. It was the most violent storm since decades and even though there have been a few hurricane like storms since, no storm comes close in the destruction and deaths this hurricane caused. It was really terrifying, especially since I was only five years old. Anyway, we lived close to the forest, like right after our parking lot the forest began. The forest is old with a lot of big trees. Our car was parked on the lot and as the storm grew more and more violent, my brother wanted to drive the car to the house where it was safe from the storm. Mind you, my brother was 21 years old and didn't have a driving licence and barely knew how to drive a car. My mum, of course, tried to stop him from doing that but my brother took the car keys and went out to drive the car away. We were watching him from the window which was facing the parking lot and were really frightened that something would happen to my brother. He successfully started the car and just as was leaving the parking lot, a tree fell right onto the place where our car had been parked just seconds ago. We were shocked but fortunately, nothing happened to my brother (and the car).

LordStenhammar
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:29 am 

I get visits from Lilith almost every night. She's the only woman I've been with in 10 years. Tried to register our relationship as a life-event in Facebook, but it didn't work out.

Seriously, I've been in some really bad situations, like almost falling of a cliff, being in a serious car crash, almost getting stabbed by some drunkard, and all that shit. Still a psychosis and sleep paralysis are the experiences I've always feared the most. They just keep happening, no matter what I do. There is something BAD out there, I'm sure of it.

ksevile
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:17 pm 

SatanicPotato wrote:

Incidentally, my brother is the author of the thread in its original incarnation (not that it matters, but nevertheless). Thread goes way back.

true_death
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:12 am 

I meant to post this story right after it happened (late 2012) during the original incarnation of this thread, under a previous username, but I never ended up doing it. I've never had a single "ghost encounter" in my life, but this did happen and it was definitely what I would consider "creepy":

So, for some backstory, it was around Halloween time. Myself and two buddies went on a long roadtrip to a haunted attraction (it's an abandoned mental institution), which has become something of a tradition for me over the years. Anyway, so we never really got scared by the attraction at all (aside from jumpscares :lol:), but we still had a lot of fun and it was for a good cause (the attraction exists to raise money to keep the building around). A funny experience happened at the end when a man dressed as an "evil clown" who looked like Heath Ledger's joker appeared, and I sceamed "OH FUCK IT'S HEATH LEDGER, BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!!". The guy was really hurt my this comment and tried to get back by saying "Long hair is for women". I didn't know what to say, it seemed like a random comment so I screamed back at him in a death growl: "I AM A WOMAN!!!" (note: I am not :lol:) But, the real horror happened when we got home. By then it was 1 A.M. or something, and we decided to walk down to the local Wal-Mart, which was just down the road, to buy some frozen food & snacks. On the way back, it was by then around 2 A.M. or so, and as we were walking down the street (which is in a kind of rural/suburban area), we heard some yelling coming from one of the houses which was shrouded in the shadows of the trees. I couldn't see anything nor really make out what was being said, and just assumed that it wasn't any of our business, so we just kept walking and ignored it. As we were walking, though (we were planning on hooking around an adjacent road to get back to his house), I got the feeling I was being watched, and then I turned around to see a big group of 5 or 6 men run across the street and start following us. I thought this was a bit odd, but then I noticed (as we were under a street light so I could make them out somewhat) that they were all looking directly at us, and were walking a little too fast for my liking (they looked like they were trying to be inconspicuous and nonchalant). There was a part of me that was a little "spooked" by this behavior so late at night, but I initially brushed it off as just irrational. But my friend noticed what was happening and dragged us into a shortcut through the woods which led directly to his house. The scary part is this: I turned around as we were running through the woods, and saw that the group of people had stopped directly under the street lamp where we had exited into the woods, and were looking for us. I then saw them cross the street and start following us through the woods, which said to me that they weren't just out for an evening stroll. Needless to say, I immediately high-tailed it the fuck inside and we locked every door :lol:. I really have no idea what to think about this. It seems a bit too random due to the lateness of the hour and remote location, not to mention intrusive (crossing over private property and whatnot) to be a calculated "let's fuck with these people" move. I was wearing a Bathory hoodie so maybe these inbred hick rednecks got "triggered" by the brutal goatface and wanted to kill me for this reason? Or maybe, in keeping with that dumbass clown from earlier, since one of my friends and myself have long hair, maybe we got mistaken for girls and these men were planning on fucking or raping us? That one might sound silly but given that the area is a nice place sandwiched between methlabs and other bottomfeeder filth, I wouldn't put it above anyone in that area. A girl got raped outside of a church not far from there, a few years earlier, so who knows.

Another thing that happened recently, happened to my Mother and Brother. Both of them are like me, also atheists and totally skeptic, neither of them believe in ghosts or anything supernatural. But recently my mother told me that both were sitting in our living room discussing life & politics and shit, and then they both heard someone whistling a tune that sounded familiar to them. My Father (who, I might add, is an avid "whistler") and I were both still at work, and there was nobody else home, so there is no explanation really, for what happened. Just a few days after, I woke up in the morning and my mom asked me why I was up at 3 in the morning that night. I told her I went to bed at 1 AM. She then said that she had been hearing noises that sounded like someone was walking around in the living room at 3 AM, but brushed it off, thinking it was me. There was nobody else home, the cat was in sleeping my my bed that night.

And here's a bonus round: once, early last year, it was late at night and I was sitting in my room listening to my CD player, and then I heard this really loud, distinct tapping on my window. I was really "sucked in" to whatever I was listening to at the time, so I just brushed it off and thought nothing about it. In retrospect, that sounds really stupid, but nonetheless that's what happened. A couple days later, it turned out that a crazy man had been showing up on people's doorsteps at 3 AM wielding a baseball bat, screaming at people to let him in, and since then I've had the feeling that this mysterious tapper was him.

SatanicPotato
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:12 am 

ksevile wrote:
SatanicPotato wrote:

Incidentally, my brother is the author of the thread in its original incarnation (not that it matters, but nevertheless). Thread goes way back.

lol that is interesting but strange

OneSizeFitzpatrick
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 1:14 am 

I actually had something kinda creepy happen to me not too long ago, everyone that saw it was fairly drunk at the time, so there's that, but the fact that people had seen the same thing twice on two separate nights made it kinda spooky for me.

Me and some friends from work like to go to this park after closing sometimes and usually just drink and goof around on the trails. We get up on some old train tracks to take a smoke break and pee, and I and a friend immediately see this bright light wayy far down at the other end of these tracks, it's there for maybe 2 seconds and its gone. We span the entire length of the track which is easily a mile and a half (around 2-ish kilometers) and find nothing reflective or any roads where we coulda seen lights from. It's well after 1 AM so we start heading back and when we get about halfway back I see another light, slightly different color and at least twice the size of the first one.

That's the only experience I've ever had that I have no idea what the hell it could've been. Given how this had happened twice in the same place made us rethink that it might just be some other kids fucking with us since this bridge is really far out and off of the trails and given how late we were out there both times.

EDIT for spicy tid bits I forgot about when I drunk posted this: There's another, older and slightly harder to get to bridge adjacent to the one where we've seen lights at that we also go to smoke/drink at sometimes where we found some ripped up clothes and shoes (sorta looked like an old prom dress) by some creek bed. Probably gonna try to go back out there sometime soon since the weather's finally nice out here. I've never seen anything that I'd consider "paranormal", but that park/the surrounding woods that encompasses it is definitely creepy as fuck

Last edited by OneSizeFitzpatrick on Mon May 30, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whiplash50
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:12 pm 

Have a few of them, but one stands out in particular for being just downright fucking creepy. So back when me and my brother and cousin were in our early teens, sometimes our cousin would come over and spend the weekend at our house. Well, we thought it was fun to leave the house at ungodly hours of the night and go on long, random walks. Sometimes to nowhere in particular at all. Well, at the time we lived in a culdesac and would walk out of it onto the main road that led to wherever you wanted to go. Well, the way we usually liked to go also just happened to be the same way that would force us to walk past this big old house that these two old, creepy ass ladies lived in. They were obviously sisters and twins, both had long white hair, were pretty decrepit, and just plain scary looking. They drove this old white van that was always parked in front of the place on the street when they were home. They were also hoarders, with tons (and I mean tons) of boxes, totes, and plastic tubs piled high from their front door all the way back to the tall black gates at the end of the wraparound driveway that had two entrances, one on each end. We would always joke about how they were witches, and thought they were closet satanists who ate children in their basement or some shit like that. Anyway, this one night we had slipped out of the house and were headed that way for a dead of night adventure. Walking towards their place on the main street, we could plainly see that the white van was on the street. Almost instantaneously, the talk of the old witches starts in as soon as we spot it down the road. So were walking and getting closer to it, not really paying attention and just Talking. It's about 1 in the morning, not a soul in sight. So as we are just approaching the front of their van to walk past, we noticed that they are both fuckin sitting inside it! For no reason at all. We just happened to glance into it as we walk past, only to see their creepy old expressionless faces glaring over at us as we walk by, the faint glow of a nearby street light hitting their faces and making them look extra sinister. Needles to say, we were surprised and totally fucking weirded out by that. What the fuck reason do those two old hags have to be sitting in a parked van at 1 in the morning?? We went on our way and nothing more happened, but damn that was creepy. It didn't help our opinions of them either that one other time in the dead of night, there was a huge black truck with tinted Windows parked in front of their place with a gigantic white decal of the Danzig demon skull on the back window. Weirddddd times...

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 8:46 pm 

I would like to share a story two of my friends told me about three years ago. I knew them rather well back then since we went to university together and stayed really close to one another. I'm quite confident they weren't trying to fool me and some other guys they told their story. When they told what happened, you could feel that they were really shocked and felt uneasy talking about it. They even showed me the precise places where these events happened and tried to investigate on the phenomenon. On that night, they weren't drunk or under the influence of any other drug either. I simply want to know what you think about the story and if you or your friends have experienced similar things.

The story took place at Monts-Valin National Park in Quebec, about thirty minutes north of Chicoutimi. Sometimes my friends would just take a random ride on an evening to talk to each other, drive around, listen to some music and maybe smoke a cigar. I had made several trips like these with both of them but I wasn't with them that night. They were driving through a forest between two remote villages next to a ski resort during winter time but it was close to midnight and nobody was around this place anymore and it was rather cold outside. Suddenly they saw a woman standing by the street. She was dressed in a white coat which was maybe a little bit light for winter time in Canada, had long, brown hair and was probably in her mid- to late twenties. She looked beautiful but there wasn't anything particularly outstanding about her. My friends stopped the car and the co-driver rolled down the window and asked the woman if she needed a lift. The woman didn't say a word but got in the back of their car and they started to drive a little bit faster again.

My friends were surprised that she didn't say anything, so the co-driver tried to break the ice after a while, introduced his friend and himself and then turned around to look at the woman and ask her name. She simply replied: ''Theresa.'' The co-driver turned around again and continued to explain why his friend and him were driving through this region late at night. A few seconds later, he turned around again to talk to Theresa and screamed in a shock of nameless fear. Theresa had disappeared. His friend immediately stopped the car and they were both confused.

They were both sure that they hadn't hallucinated since the woman had opened the door and had said her name to both of them, so there had definitely been a presence. She couldn't have gotten out of the car without my friends noticing. First of all, they would have felt the fresh air since it was winter time and around minus twenty degrees outside compared to maybe twenty degrees in the car. Secondly, they had been driving at around sixty kilometers an hour at that moment and it's very dangerous to get out of a driving car at that speed. They would have heard something for sure. Thirdly, everything was covered in snow so they should have found traces such as footsteps but when they got out of the car, there were no traces like these at all around them. My friends searched the area for a short while and then drove away in shock.

Both of them reacted strongly to these events. One of my friends who had never believed in this kind of stuff had nightmares for several weeks. The other one who was more religious asked a priest to pour some holy water on his car. They never told the authorities about these events because they were scared that people would think that they are crazy. They didn't even talk to their parents about it. They only told a few close friends at university. Together, my two friends, another guy and myself went back to this place and they showed us where the woman had stood and where she had approximately disappeared but we couldn't find anything and that strange thing didn't happen again. After some investigation, my friends read about the legend of the so-called women in white, where women that had previously died during car crashs would be dressed in white and stand beside the road and if you stopped the car, they would get in and simply vanish after a while but if you didn't stop, you would have a car crash and die almost instantly. Obviously, we will never know if Theresa was such a woman in white or not. Until today, my friends insist that their story is true and there isn't any valid reason why I shouldn't believe them.

What do you think about their story?

''Hanako and the Suicide Forest'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/hanako-and-the-suicide-forest-a187892062

chugging_pus
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 9:48 pm 

Camden, NJ. A city which has ranked as the most dangerous for a number of years going now. Every time i'd head through, bad shit would happen. Attempted car jacking on me, saw a female cop get her ass kicked by a guy, always something going down.

So my pal had a job repairing gas pumps at gas stations. So one night he's sent to Camden, and asks me to go to sit in the truck and make sure it doesn't get jacked while he's doing the repair. So I head on down, as soon as we arrive we hear a dude screaming but can't see him. We look up towards some overpass, and there's a dude being held by his 2 legs over the overpass. Moments later, they drop him to his death. We fucking bailed out of town then called the cops (this was before cell phones).

Oxenkiller
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:48 pm 

There are several variations of the "ghost hitchhiker" story, I don't know if your friends' version is true or not, but there are several legends out there that are similar. Google "Catherine's Hill" in Maine- that story sounds almost identical to yours- maybe your friends were basing their story on that legend, or maybe they did, in fact, experience something similar- Catherine's Hill isn't the first "ghost hitchhiker" story I have heard about. It is an interesting story nonetheless.

RichardDeBenthall
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:24 am 

Really great thread guys. Going to enjoy picking through this while I'm at work. I do have something to contribute I guess.

I live in North-West England, on the border of Wales. I live in a county called Cheshire which one of the most rural counties in the country and also one of the most wealthy. As with most of Great Britain, there are hundreds of local folk stories and places of interest but for the most part it seems a quiet and mostly boring place. Where I live is very close to the countryside and within a 5 minute stroll I can be surrounded by fields, woodland. A lot of these roads are basically forgotten and seem to lead to nowhere, old cow-sheds and derelict buildings reclaimed by nature.

I've always had a bit an adventurous spirit, probably through reading The Hobbit too much as a child, so I love exploring all these old roads and little forests. However for the last five years or so I've started to become increasingly uneasy about going out on these rambles on my own. For years I couldn't put my finger on what it was and I used to just bring along a companion to allay my unease. But this feeling of foreboding and paranoia started to dog me while I was exploring and eventually it stopped me from going out.

I started to try and analyse what it was that was freaking me out and I kind of settled on the idea of mystery. The places I was walking were overgrown, abandoned and lonely. They felt far removed from the modern day, as if they had been forgotten. The idea that these places didn't want me there, that I was intruding was very pervasive and made me feel very uncomfortable. I keep having this mental image of a black figure, strolling through the woodland. Just writing about it now is giving me chills. It's completely draped in black fabric and walks with a kind of nonchalant gait. I can't really describe it other than the mental image kind of fills me with a sense of complete awe, dread and mystery.

It's not a wholly unpleasant feeling but it spooks the hell out of me. The story kind of got even creepier when I started to analyse the symbol of this black figure and I started noting that most cultures have some form of mythology regarding such a figure. I started seeing the figure represented in contemporary and historical art. The music video for Black Dog by Steven Wilson contains a very stark and accurate impression of this figure. Watching the films 'The Witch' and 'A Field In England' seem to evoke the same sense of dread.

I then got talking to a really good mate of my mine who used to be quite interested in witchcraft and the like. After some discussion we were both astounded that we both knew the exact same figure. Almost exactly the same image, a black figure walking purposefully through a large, bleak field. We both immediately broke out in massive chills and it sparked us to write a lot of music about it.

Not sure what it is. Could just be a shared image conveyed by collective unconscious and absorption of media. Myself, I think its representative of something. I'm not saying necessary a spirit or god, but it feels powerful and totally unconcerned by man. I wonder if this is the figure that Arthur Machen wrote about in the Great God Pan.

Either way, thanks for reading, sorry for the long one!

severzhavnost
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:00 pm 

A few years ago, a very distraught sounding woman called me at work, and said only "Can you help me find Jim Jones?" I told her she had the wrong number, and she sighed and disappointedly said okay; the real weird part being that her phone number ended in 1978: the year Jim Jones ordered the mass suicide of his Peoples' Temple cult in the Guyana jungle.

LORDCOPROMONSTER
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:57 am 

This is not exactly creepy but quite bizarre:
A few days ago, i was walking on a quite big avenue in the centre of my city. It was like 5 pm, many people there and full daylight. I saw an old madman pissing in the middle of the streets, also his pants had Brown colour in his butt so i deduced he shitted in his pants too. This morning i was walking near that same place and i saw him sitting in the Street, surrounded by useless shit, beer bottles, and even broken glass bottles surrounded him. He was doing a cigarette and had a Little radio, so i guess he lives there and doesnt give a fuck.

muun
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:20 pm 

I had a dream a few years back, that I was walking down a street with a good friend of mine. From the first moment of remembrance, there was this high pitched, constant noise. We seemed to be walking in it's direction. We walked, it got louder, until it seemed to be right on us and I looked to my right, and there was this small girl, hunched over with her knees drawn up to her chin, rocking back and forth and letting out a constant scream, never needing air. Her mouth was about a foot long open, and pitch black.

Obviously the dream instantly became a fucking nightmare. I tried to pull my head away but by this point the sound had taken over, and my head began to shake and convulse in all directions until she had me again, staring into her black mouth. The last thing I remember before waking up in cold sweat was moving closer to that mouth.

The next night, I had a dream that I was in my apartment, and the sound was back. However, I knew what it was this time. The furniture started moving around, which my brother ( who was in my apartment for some reason ) said meant she was inside. Then I woke up again.

DreamOfDarkness
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:00 pm 

@Kluseba:
There is even a Wikipedia article on vanishing hitchikers: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanishing_hitchhiker
So it seems like a fairly common urban legend. Whether people hear about it and dream and make stories up or if this is actually a thing... who knows.

Lord_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 am 

Not sure if this would constitute as scary per say, but definitely something I have yet to be able to explain...

Anyway it must have been 15/16 years ago when I was around 14 or 15. I shared a room with my older brother at the time, in a house in a town called Milton Keynes in the UK, about a 40 minute drive from London.

Anyway, it was late at night, maybe midnight or 1am. Our room was the biggest in the house and it backed onto the rear garden. Beyond the garden was a field, popular with dog walkers etc. and then past the field, more houses.

So as I say, it was late on a school night. both my brother and myself were asleep and we had our blinds to the window pulled down. Now, these blinds were thick and dark blue. They never let in any light once down.

All I can recall is being woken up to an extremely bright light, literally lighting up the entire room. It was almost blinding. The light disappeared after a short while - around 5/10 seconds I'd say and then back to darkness.

I turned to my brother and he was also awake. We both kind of looked at each other like "what the hell was that?".

The reason it was so strange is the light was so bright even with the blinds down. I recall double checking the blinds once the light disappeared and they were definitely down. To this day I have no idea how the light could have pierced through the fabric of the blinds to light the room up, brighter than if the main light had been switched on. I also have no idea what the light was, where it came from, what it was searching for...

Me and my brother never really discussed that night until a few months ago when I asked him if he remembered it - he did. He also has no idea what the hell happened.

To this day, a mystery...

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:56 pm 

When my sister worked in a mental institution, she had a co-worker that bought a book about Satanism. One night he was in his bed and the book flew across the room allegedly. The strange part about it was that he worked in mental institution.

severzhavnost
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:40 pm 

Few years ago, I was on the bus coming home from the cinema. My sister calls me, sounding all freaked out, and asks "Is that you trying to get into the house?!" Apparently there had been several minutes of flashing lights, and knocking and scratching noises at both the front and side doors. When I got home, there was a trail of footprints that led around the side of the house but abruptly ended right in the snowdrift.

Valfars Ghost
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:54 pm 

My freshman year of college, I went to the home of some guy my friend had met to smoke spice (synthetic weed, legal at the time). This dude was the creepiest guy I'd ever met, with a low raspy voice, the kind Matthew McConaughey would have if he played a serial child rapist and his apartment was dirty and dingy even by college standards. The three of us smoked and I got high for the first time in my life. Not a pleasant high, mind you. I felt sick, like I had an intense fever, and paranoid.

Then the guy started to giggle (in that raspy pedo voice, need I remind you?) and reached behind his desk to produce a Nazi bayonet, complete with an embossed swastika. This was probably something he had because he was interested in it, like Lemmy, and probably didn't indicate any racist or fascist beliefs on his part, but in my altered state, he sure seemed evil. It didn't help that he noticed I was uncomfortable and started poking me with the bayonet, while laughing and grinning in this disgusting, sketchy way. He didn't poke me hard enough to draw blood but that bayonet's point was still sharp.

Needless to say, I never smoked with him again.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:15 pm 

TheConqueror1 wrote:
When my sister worked in a mental institution, she had a co-worker that bought a book about Satanism. One night he was in his bed and the book flew across the room allegedly. The strange part about it was that he worked in mental institution.

my experience with people working in the mental health sector have issues of their own in over 50% of cases.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next