Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:38 am 

theheinouskilling667 wrote:
I'm sort of a noob to actual underground horror. Since I was a little tike and my sister showed me Scream, I've liked horror, but have mostly been watching the Halloween, Friday the 13th, Child's Play, ect. series, and a bunch of Stephen King-based horror movies. I've been wanting to get more into old 80's cult horror.

From what I've seen of that, I've been enjoying films like The Burning, Dawn of the Dead, Silent Night Deadly Night (The second was bullshit, as half of it was just recapping the first one, but the weird and funny scenes later in the film sort of make up for it), and the originals of Black Christmas and Sorority Row.

You should check out Street Trash. It's really nasty and funny. Also if you can find Razorback that's definitely worth a watch. It's about a gigantic Razoback boar in the Outback. The movie is really underrated but it has some incredible shots of the outback that createa great, eerie atmosphere.

untappd: patrick_g

Nephilum667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:09 am 

They will reference the film makers. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
Maniac: Great movie, really dwelves into the mind of a pure psycho and features great effects and acting. Has that sadistic element in a character that I wish was more prevelant in characters from this genre of movies.

Buio Omega/ Beyond the Darkness: A necro-romance with a love triangle between a dead woman and two insane lovers who try to cover their secret! Features a soundtrack performed by Goblin (geniuses they are!) and some of the touchiest moments I've seen in horror. You gotta love the look on Kieran Canter's face when he bites a chunk of a woman's neck off.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: It's like a nightmare. I watched a VHS copy that looked homemade and that gave it a very realistic style. If I hadn't known it was a regular movie I would've been scared shitless of this thing. It's twisted and fun, favorite scene is probably when Leatherface took a hammer and hit one of the kids in the head, dragged his body into the slaughter-room and shut the door. You never figure out what happened to him until the chick opens the freezer... (either that or he's the one that got hung on a meathook. It's been a while since I've seen it)

The Abominable Dr. Phibes: Classic Vincent Price (probably one of his best moments in horror films) and a very evil character (also love the use of plagues as ways of killing people).

The Exorcist III: I love how they combined a multi-religious fear about the demon, rather than have a Christian focus on it being "Satan" (really turns me off from the 1st movie). It's also creepy and I love Brad Dourif's (Gemini Killer) acting

Fade To Black: The way they make this film obssessed character have such a nasty and envious personality really adds to the fun of this movie. His style of re-enacting his favorite film scenes to kill people was also a creative idea (surprised it isn't done as much as it could be done).

Halloween I & II: Classic slasher work- offers that immortal, never ending persistance that makes Michael Myers such a devastating and awesome character. Jamie Lee Curtis also offers a great sense of fear with her top-of-the-line acting and there's never a dull moment in this movie.

Skinned Deep: On a scale of cheesiness this thing is NACHO CHEESE with extra gloop and a golden crust on top (but still bubbling). Surgeon General, The Creator, Brain (yeah, not Brian for once), Plates, Octobaby, and a psycho-mom are the team and they do death rightly- the cheesy and gory way. Cutting guts and exploding hearts aren't enough in this one- it's splitting! (see this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkRMdO2HpvQ)

The Killer Must Kill Again: The killer in this movie has a constant creepy face, even when he rapes the chick he has the same face he makes when he smokes. I love how careless the guy is about killing someone: "Sure, I can kill it. Just bring the money in cash and we'll call it done". Also has a good transition from guy hiring a murderer to becoming a murderer. Technicolor touch is pretty, too (especially the reds).

Deep Red/Profondo Rosso: Never know what to expect with this movie- clues go everywhere and guesses are effortless. Violent touch and unknown atmosphere really add to the edge-of-your-seat atmosphere.

Black Swan: Has a very dark and schizophrenic atmosphere mixed with a little bit of a jealous character. It makes a good transition of a pure and innocent woman becoming a person who'll do anything to satisfy her desire of being the best. Also features great sex scenes.

I would like to see Men Behind the Sun (hear this was based on a true story- post WWII camp terrorism movie done with a very sadistic atmosphere) and Anthroprophagus/The Grim Reaper (Joe D'Amato film featuring a fetus being torn from the womb and devoured by a mad cannibal)

thrashmaniac87
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:20 am 

Nephilum667 wrote:
They will reference the film makers. SPOILERS AHEAD!!!
I would like to see Men Behind the Sun (hear this was based on a true story- post WWII camp terrorism movie done with a very sadistic atmosphere) and Anthroprophagus/The Grim Reaper (Joe D'Amato film featuring a fetus being torn from the womb and devoured by a mad cannibal)

I've been curious about Men Behind the Sun for a long time now but I've still haven't seen it. Anthropophagous is one of the sleaziest movies ever made with a very gritty atmosphere that reminds me of Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Another one to check out is Aftermath. It's from Spain and it came out in 1994. It's only about 30 minutes long but it's about a necrophiliac who works at a morgue and one night he stays after hours and completely desecrates a young womans body. He does things you've only heard about in death metal songs. It is incredibly graphic and twisted so only watch it if you can handle that type of stuff. I found it even more disgusting then Nekromantik

untappd: patrick_g

Nephilum667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 am 

Nekromantik sucked- the only thing good about that movie was the cover and the end. Although I'll admit it was gory.

Nephilum667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:30 am 

By the end I mean the time the movie stopped playing.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:33 pm 

thrashmaniac87 wrote:
theheinouskilling667 wrote:
I'm sort of a noob to actual underground horror. Since I was a little tike and my sister showed me Scream, I've liked horror, but have mostly been watching the Halloween, Friday the 13th, Child's Play, ect. series, and a bunch of Stephen King-based horror movies. I've been wanting to get more into old 80's cult horror.

From what I've seen of that, I've been enjoying films like The Burning, Dawn of the Dead, Silent Night Deadly Night (The second was bullshit, as half of it was just recapping the first one, but the weird and funny scenes later in the film sort of make up for it), and the originals of Black Christmas and Sorority Row.

You should check out Street Trash. It's really nasty and funny. Also if you can find Razorback that's definitely worth a watch. It's about a gigantic Razoback boar in the Outback. The movie is really underrated but it has some incredible shots of the outback that createa great, eerie atmosphere.

Street Trash is unbelievably awesome, seriously.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:47 pm 

Just added Swamp Thing, Dead Alive (aka Braindead), The Exorcist, and Henry: Potrait Of A Serial Killer to my Netflix instant queue for consumption in the next few weeks. I'm stoked The Exorcist is finally available in this format; I've been dying to see it. I know I said "no monsters" previously in this thread but I added Swamp Thing cause it's Craven. Stupid reason, I know, but I just loved Last House so much (I realize the two films are dissimilar). Dead Alive interests me because I understand that the gore is so over the top that it is comical instaed of horrifying. And Henry just strikes me as a good film.

I recently watched Scrapbook, man that was uncomfortable. That's my ideal horror flick; 1.5-2 hours of pure depravity.

Hopefully they add Texas Chainsaw Massacre 1 and I Spit On Your Grave to the Netflix instant soon. I'm very eager to see these two.
Obliteration

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:50 pm 

Watching Midnight Meat Train again and I still don't get why anyone likes it. Really boring and stupid.

Nephilum667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:47 pm 

FirebathDan wrote:
Just added The Exorcist to my Netflix instant queue for consumption in the next few weeks... I'm stoked The Exorcist is finally available in this format; I've been dying to see it.

Don't waste your time on the 1st one, it has too much of a Christian overtone to be truly scary. The 2nd and 3rd ones kinda expand on the idea of possession better. Then again it might be your cup of tea, just thought I'd give a heads up.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:36 am 

Ah, old horror movies! Just what I like! :D

Some months ago I started this 'ritual' or whatever you may call it. Every sunday at 11 in the evening I put on an old horror movie.
It has to be from 1980 or back. It is a great way to end the weekend!

Last sunday I saw 'Night of the demon' form 1957.
Great movie, with an amazing atmosphere!

Not sure what to watch tomorrow, any tips? :)

unhallowed81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:24 pm 

I love so many of these listed. I will add Leatherface: The Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, It has a certain charm to it for sure.

"Pretty goddamn good, you backwoods motherfucker"

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:11 pm 

Nephilum667 wrote:
FirebathDan wrote:
Just added The Exorcist to my Netflix instant queue for consumption in the next few weeks... I'm stoked The Exorcist is finally available in this format; I've been dying to see it.

Don't waste your time on the 1st one, it has too much of a Christian overtone to be truly scary. The 2nd and 3rd ones kinda expand on the idea of possession better. Then again it might be your cup of tea, just thought I'd give a heads up.

I disagree. I think it's a great, and rather spooky feeling horror film. In spite of the prominent religious overtones of the thing. I don't understand people criticising films for "not being scary" - we're grown men aren't we? Surely you're aware you're watching a TV screen, not actually in the film.

Nephilum667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:18 am 

DeathRiderDoom wrote:
I disagree. I think it's a great, and rather spooky feeling horror film. In spite of the prominent religious overtones of the thing. I don't understand people criticising films for "not being scary" - we're grown men aren't we? Surely you're aware you're watching a TV screen, not actually in the film.

To each his own, and I have to admit the fact that having the woman's child possessed instead her was a good move for the writers. It really creates that sense of family attachment from mother to daughter and adds to the sadistic touch to the demon (to attack the weak rather than attack the strong). Then again if I made a movie involving possession I would rather make a demon possess someone with a sadistic intent who was disciplined enough to control it, it would add the idea that even the disciplined are succumb to weakness.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:57 am 

Nephilum667 wrote:
To each his own, and I have to admit the fact that having the woman's child possessed instead her was a good move for the writers. It really creates that sense of family attachment from mother to daughter and adds to the sadistic touch to the demon (to attack the weak rather than attack the strong). Then again if I made a movie involving possession I would rather make a demon possess someone with a sadistic intent who was disciplined enough to control it, it would add the idea that even the disciplined are succumb to weakness.

So what the hell did you find good about Exorcist II: The Heretic?

Sokaris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 am 

I'm honestly shocked someone would advise a newbie exploring the horror classics to avoid The Exorcist. I find it extremely overrated (I think it's a great film, but it seems to be called "the best ever" way too often) but it should definitely be seen by anyone dipping into the genre. It's too damn important to just be avoided, even if you're not a huge fan of it in the end.

DeathRiderDoom
Pro Sports Warder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:02 am 

Yeah seriously. It might be overly talked about, while many great films go largely overlooked (mostly by newbs and morons), but is is a solidly directed, and very original, important horror film. Saying someone avoid it becuase of religious overtones or whatever is no reason. Lots of great horror films deal with some pretty paranormal/supernatural stuff and although i'm no enthusiast or alien conspiracist i love watching good films about that stuff.

Nephilum667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:40 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
So what the hell did you find good about Exorcist II: The Heretic?

They explained possession in terms of psychology by linking the universal subconscious with a state of possession (where the woman was in trance and recalled her situation in this state, but not when she was awake and in her "normal" conscious). It also expanded on ideas of the conditions of being human and being a spiritual body. In the film, the woman cannot recall her situation but has a long lifespan and when in trance could recall the situation while still having a long life. In the 3rd film the spiritual body (the demon) could recall all moments of the lives it lived in its normal conscious but could not live for long and needed multiple hosts to live for long periods of time (the demon cannot fix this). The idea is this: the price of eternal life is ignorance of the self as a whole (remembrance of the past self along with the present self), the price of total knowledge of the self as a whole is loss of longevity. The modern man is near the point where a fusion of recognizing the spiritual embodiment (the soul and its past lives) and longevity of life are possible through a combination of faith and science.

It even added that a combination of faith and science was the best way to rid of problems like possession (with science, you could trigger the demon and with faith you could have the power of God exorcise the demon). Otherwise, it was the worst of the trilogy (although not a bad movie) and serves as the bridge between the 1st and 3rd film and links them as a series rather than as individual movies (even with the same title, if you excluded the 2nd movie and called them different films you could make little links between them other than the characters involved).

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:21 pm 

Interesting enough interpretation...most people just think it's a huge pile of shit. Myself included. :p

Nephilum667
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:09 pm 

Again, to each his own.

forestcorpse
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:59 pm 

Does anyone have movies to recommend in the vein of these:

Black Sunday (1960)
The City of the Dead (1960)
Night of The Demon (1957)

Love all these movies, the atmosphere is just amazing.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:13 pm 

Perhaps Corridors of Blood? I haven't seen it but it looks like it's something you might dig, in fact I just found out about it looking for another Karloff/Lee movie to recommend which title I forget.

http://www.videodetective.com/movies/tr ... ler/345970

One I thought had good English country side atmosphere is Vampyres.

http://www.jinni.com/movies/vampyres/vi ... x=0&type=c

Here it is, Curse of the Crimson Altar starring Karloof/Lee might also be what you're looking for. The only one in your list I've seen is Black Sunday which was pretty good. I haven't seen many of the good classic b/w films.

http://community.fearnet.com/_Christoph ... 40602.html

Garyuu
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:13 pm 

I really love the movie, Alien. Aliens is great of course, but it was more of an action movie. I didn't think Alien 3 was that bad (definitely a lot better than Alien Resurrection).

Evil Dead 2 definitely one my favorites ever. I prefer it over the original, because it made me laugh so hard.

I'm not much of a movie person until recently. There are many 70s and 80s horror movies on my list to watch.

I would have picked Dead Alive, but it came out in 1992.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:00 am 

RIP David Hess, one of the best and truly unsung horror/exploitation villains. I greatly enjoyed his work in the original Last House On The Left (currently my favorite movie) and The House On The Edge Of The Park (which I've very recently seen; excellent film). He described his work in those two films as well as Hitch-Hike (which I have not seen as of yet) as a sort of character actor trilogy (despite different writers, directors, and plot contexts). Each of those characters-Krug Stillo, Adam Konitz, and Alex-is a dark and sadistic rapist, torturer and murderer and he conveys that sense of unsettling realistic human-on-human terror that I enjoy so much quite excellently in the two films I’ve seen. His acting/presence was also the only redeeming factor in Swamp Thing; the movie itself is simply mediocre (and more sci-fi than horror).

Changing gears, I finally got to see Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer, a fantastic grimy nihilistic human terror film. While not overtly graphic, it is unsettling because it is just fucking stone cold. Good stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to mention Dead Alive. While the amount of blood and gore is over the top (really to the point of absurdity), I found the tone of this film to be too lighthearted, slapstick, and comical for my tastes, and it is for all intents and purposes a love story disguised as a gory horror flick. There are some gross out moments early on in the film, but by the time
Spoiler: show
the zombie apocalypse/slaughter
occurs at the end of the film, you're just numb to the gore. This is pretty much why I don’t enjoy zombie/monster horror flicks.
Obliteration

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:15 am 

Excellent, the horror thread's been revived.

Henry is an excellent example of a film that is all the more chilling for its lack of ultra-graphic gore, unlike those terrible 'life of a serial killer' films that are everywhere nowadays.

Some of my recent horror favourites:

Classic horror: I've just watched Carnival of Souls (1962) again - classic psych thriller and one of the genuinely eerie films of the 60s; a woman has a car accident in a town she can't remember entering, and tries to discover who she is and why she is there even as her memories disintegrate and the locals start behaving in ever stranger ways. The cinematography and script are heartbreakingly beautiful, and quite chilling in an understated way.

Old School Horror: has anyone else seen In the Mouth of Madness? One of Carpenter's lesser known films, about an insurance investigator trying to stop the Hell (literally) unleashed when a horror writer pulls a Lovecraft and describes the real thing a little too well. Typically insane Carpenter effects, made less ridiculous by the snappy script

Recent horror:
The Nightmare Detective - Man, this film is trippy. A surreal, poignant J-horror that intelligently subverts the cliches of its genre, with some of the eeriest scenes I've seen in years.
Re-Cycle - Utterly epic Hong-Kong production (?), again about a writer encountering the horrors of their own psyche; melodramatic at times, but based on such an interesting concept (which I won't spoil here) that it's worth it.
St Ange - A team of maids clean out an abandoned children's hospice. First impression is of a typical haunted orphanage/hospital film, until it enters far darker territory than any of that type have dared. Stunning, subtle atmosphere, and you will not forget that last scene.
Dead Birds - Indie US horror set during the Civil War; a group of deserters seek shelter in an abandoned farm and discover that they really, really shouldn't have. And no, there are no birds involved (you're thinking of Kaw, which was a steaming pile of excrement, and does not resemble this film in any way). I'm glad to discover I can still be creeped out by this sort of thing. Screw Drag Me to Hell - this is modern supernatural horror done well.

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:26 am 

For the purpose of this list I am not counting 'Hannibal' nor 'The Phantom of the Opera' (1943) as a horror films. As you may or may not know, those are my favorite films of all time, but I really have a hard time calling them proper horror films (I'd say they are psychological thrillers and gothic musicals, respectively). So, by excluding those, my top 10 horror films are:

1. The Shining (My winter insanity movie. I love watching this movie during the thick of winter, when all hope is buried by ceaseless snow and you are pretty sure you are going to go mad. This movie is the reason Jack Nicholson is my favorite actor.)

2. The Exorcist (Classic. Scared the fuck off of me when I first saw it, in a way that no other movie since has come close to. Probably has something to do with me being raised Catholic and all.)

3. Hellraiser (Again, a classic. This also has my all-time favorite film score. Christopher Young rocked that shit. I watch this film every year during Halloween time. Clive Barker is my favorite author, and leave it to him to craft one of the most original horror films ever. The sequels are a disgrace though, with the possible exception of part II.)

4. American Psycho (One of the few modern day horror films I'd call a classic with a settled conscience. It's unsettling how fucking sterile this movie is.)

5. House on Haunted Hill (The original is sheer cheesy perfection. Fun, genuinely frightening, and pretty goddamn funny at times. Gotta love it. Vincent Price's finest performance, and I'm always a sucker for a good haunted house tale.)

6. Nosferatu (I'm going with Werner Herzog's 1979 re-make here. Talk about atmosphere. This movie has it hand over fist. Kinski's performance as the lead role is absolutely unnerving, but the whole aura of impending doom this movie conveys is unmatched. Even by the original, which is great but in the end a scosh boring.)

7. Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (Michael Rooker's performance alone makes this movie a classic. One of those really gritty, wash-your-hands-after-you-watch-it movies. Good shit.)

8. Dracula (The 1931 version is an absolute classic. This movie set the groundwork for so many great horror films to come. I prefer the version with the Philip Glass score, as it adds so much to it. But there is no denying the power of this classic.)

9. Scream (I'll get shit for this one - but this movie is honestly clever, smart, and was frightening the first few times I watched it. It has some of the quickest, funniest banter of any horror movie I have seen. And it never fails to entertain me.)

10. Poltergeist (While not really frightening, I have a soft spot for this movie. Great performances, great score, great story, just a classic.)

Damn, I've got a pretty standard list eh? Ah well.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:38 am 

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah wrote:
6. Nosferatu (I'm going with Werner Herzog's 1979 re-make here. Talk about atmosphere. This movie has it hand over fist. Kinski's performance as the lead role is absolutely unnerving, but the whole aura of impending doom this movie conveys is unmatched. Even by the original, which is great but in the end a scosh boring.)

:bow:
The only cinematic vampire I've ever found genuinely frightening. I prefer Max Schreck in the role (partly because I love that his last name means 'fright' in German); I can't even look at a still of either Nosferatu film without getting a chill. This even applies to "The Shadow of the Vampire", that odd 90s one about the making of Nosferatu, with John Malkovich as Murnau and Willem Dafoe as Schreck (or the thing claiming to be Schreck).

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:17 pm 

The Halloween season has officially started for me as I decided to watch the first two Nightmare of Elm Street films last night. The first one is an absolute classic and I do have a soft spot for the second one due to all of the hilariously homoerotic overtones. I swear you could make a damn good drinking game out of all that movie's gay moments...

SheerTerror
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:23 am 

I watch lots of movies with my girlfriend, I usually slip some horrors in.
At the moment we are watching the remake of And Soon The Darkness, looks like your modern shit storm horror film though.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:34 am 

Yeah, I tried to watch that a few weeks ago. They managed to turn a vaguely intelligent, tense psychological thriller (which relied mainly on character and subtle hints to build tension, without any repulsive torture scenes) into a lame kidnap-women-and-torture-them-in-a-remote-location piece of junk.

Human666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:09 pm 

Teletubbies was the most horrifying I've ever seen.

For the one who mentioned Cannibal Holocasut: dude, this is a movie for mentally ill persons made by mentally ill people. All these rape scenes and animal murder are just disgusting and pointless, so is the plot of the movie.
However, it had a cool soundtrack.

Slaytanic55
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:21 pm 

I have not seen a whole lot of horror movies, but i can tell you two of my favorites are the fog(80) and the texas chainsaw massacre(74) i like the fog because it is so dark, and it doesnt show you alot, just leaves it to your imagination. I like the texas chainsaw massacre because its just so gritty, no music, stylized violence, just pure horror. It litterally feels like your there being chased by a maniac.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:23 pm 

Just bought Insidious, fuck yeah. Another mandatory watch for the Halloween season if you're looking for some fun.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:53 pm 

The Thing, and not that God-awful remake.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

FreezingThrone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:13 pm 

[/quote]Another one to check out is Aftermath. It's from Spain and it came out in 1994. It's only about 30 minutes long but it's about a necrophiliac who works at a morgue and one night he stays after hours and completely desecrates a young womans body. He does things you've only heard about in death metal songs. It is incredibly graphic and twisted so only watch it if you can handle that type of stuff. I found it even more disgusting then Nekromantik[/quote]

Aftermath is quite possibly the most disgusting thing i've ever seen. made the mistake of eatting during this short cause i didnt think it was as bad as the reviews said...

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:40 pm 

Nude for Satan.

Its a tacky Italian Horror film with lots of tits. What else could you wish for? Soundtrack isn't bad either.

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

SluseTheInventor
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 pm 

Diamhea wrote:

Not sure if trolling, or just poorly informed

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:01 pm 

SluseTheInventor wrote:
Diamhea wrote:

Not sure if trolling, or just poorly informed

I'd go for poorly informed. No one ever talks about the original and I just had to Google it to remind myself of what you're talking about...

CF_Mono
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:06 pm 

I can't really get into films, let alone horror. All the big classics like Halloween, TCM, Friday the Thirteenth whatever, never did it for me. They sacrifice almost any kind of clever plot or original thought synthesis for shock value.

Hmm, I suppose I just described death metal to an outsider to heavy music... Unfortunately horror movies are some kind of a trend today among my peers. I don't know, maybe some day I'll understand the concept.

Now, I DID just see the "The Thing" remake/prequel shortly after watching the 1982 version last week. Maybe it was the isolation element that made it cool, but I liked both movies. And tbh I don't understand the hate for the remake. Like I said, I am not like-minded of those who watch horror movies often. Maybe it's like some teenager who doesn't understand why adults hate St. Anger.

soul_schizm
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:10 am 

TheExodusAttack wrote:
Morbidhunger wrote:
1. Evil Dead 2 (all time favorite movie)

I've never seen this, why is it good enough to be your all time favorite movie? I was under the impression this sequel wasn't good as the first or Army of Darkness, but maybe I really do need to see it.

Evil Dead 2 is miles better than the original, which was just a simple low-budget college project (or whatever) that made it to VHS.

I suggest actually watching it, and not taking someone's "impression" of it. It's one of the most universally applauded horror/comedy films of all time. Army of Darkness, while a good movie, seemed more contrived to me because it was trying to live up to the legacy of Evil Dead 2.

Evil Dead 2 is really the best of the bunch. I know everyone has their opinion, but I won't budge on that. It's the best of the 3, period end of story.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:44 am 

Anyone else seen Salo or 120 Days of Sodom?? :|

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next