Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:17 am 

That's why I'm afraid to watch that show. I want to, but I don't want to get addicted to any more TV shows right now.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:32 am 

New Year's eve down here, see you fuckers in 2013...

My collection

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:59 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
New Year's eve down here, see you fuckers in 2013...

I will celebrate tonight by doing nothing. I'm awesome.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:14 am 

:beer: Me, too.

There are so many awful idiots on the streets every year at this time... and I'd have no real way of getting home from anything anyway; trains run all night for once, but my local station is dangerous at the best of times - with the stabbings and gang attacks around here recently, I'd rather not chance the walk from there. Partying till dawn isn't an option this year, either - thanks to the incompetent pieces of excrement running this state, most music venues (including the only one hosting a metal gig) didn't get the usual exemptions, meaning they'd all have to close around midnight/1 a.m. Bah.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:43 am 

Empyreal wrote:
That's why I'm afraid to watch that show. I want to, but I don't want to get addicted to any more TV shows right now.

That's one reason why I've been putting off Breaking Bad, especially since it has 5 seasons. That's a lot of episodes to catch up on! I'd prefer shows which have just started out and are into their first season.

Oh and it's new year's eve! I got no plans as such. There might be barbeque and beer in store, still not sure.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 am 

Please tell me I'm not alone in having a burning desire to play Magic: The Gathering. Since receiving one of the newer decks for Christmas and playing a few games with my girlfriend, I am quickly falling in love with the game. Yu-Gi-Oh as well. That reminds me, do we have a traditional/card/RP games thread?

Lol

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 am 

I may have lost my wallet. :( There was no cash in it, but the bank is going to be a dick since I don't have my ID, and getting a new ID is going to cost money. It's going to be hard to sleep tonight because I won't know for sure until tomorrow if it's truly lost. I keep wanting to tear up my house but I honestly don't think it's here--and have already torn much of it up, going as far as to shake out the change that fell under the couch and got caught in the bottom lining. :(

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:31 am 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
Please tell me I'm not alone in having a burning desire to play Magic: The Gathering. Since receiving one of the newer decks for Christmas and playing a few games with my girlfriend, I am quickly falling in love with the game. Yu-Gi-Oh as well. That reminds me, do we have a traditional/card/RP games thread?

there is indeed a thread about card/board/tabletop mini games. Probably about 3 pages back by now.

Anyhoo, about to head off to bbq dead animals, drink beer and ring in the new year. 2012 was ok I guess. 7/10, would live again.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 am 

Crick wrote:
My favorite cake is PIE, because fuck cake.

This man knows.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:06 am 

Just can't wait for the new years resolutions coming out of peoples mouths! "WELL I THINK IM GOING TO START EXCERSIZING FOR MY RESOLUTION." Man, why don't you shut the fuck up and just do it now? What is with a new year that so many people have to "turn" a new leaf? Just another day to me.

I will be at a show watching some bands I probably won't enjoy getting messed up. Hope everyone has fun and is safe getting home.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:16 am 

im not gonna do drugs any more ;)

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:28 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
NP: Venenum's self-titled EP. Fucking dandleballs this rules hard. Wonderful instrumental tones, opulent atmosphere... not absolutely consistent writing quality from track to track, but a truly noteworthy release, to say the least. Firmly embeds its own mossy niche within the yawning grotto of contemporary death metal :hail:

I've just heard the first song so far and I'm already hooked - dark, filthy madness with a good sense of melody.

MikeyC wrote:
I will celebrate tonight by doing nothing. I'm awesome.

Same here. My family hasn't got any plans. Probably due to my aunt's case - she's recovering from her cancer treatments now.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:54 am 

We had nice plans for tonight: a bit of fireworks, a nice menu, friends coming over, some booze... and ten minutes ago, the youngest one puked all over the living room floor. Happy fucking whatever.

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 am 

Sorry to hear that Napero. Hope the little 'un gets better.

Just going to have a calm evening with my better half and our dog, throwing out curses at fireworks (and the people using them).

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:26 am 

35 minutes left of 2012 in eastern Australia. The crazy people are already out yelling and setting off fireworks. Yay...?

I hope everyone here has a great new year's, whatever you're doing.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 am 

16 hours and 39 minutes until 2013 for me in NJ. Not celebrating for it this year.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:59 am 

Do I visit my brother and spend the night being awkward around someone else's friends or do I spend it sitting at home being miserable. Decisions, decisions...
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:13 am 

Today was perhaps the worst night of the year to fall asleep after half a day and wake up at 5:40am, getting up early and shifting my sleep schedule so I'll be tired by midnight. Looks like none of us are complaining about real problems :P

MikeyC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:15 am 

Sydney fireworks are completed. It's 2013 here now. And with that, it is time for bed. I hope everyone else's new year turns out great. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:38 am 

I have to opportunity to try XTC (MDMA) for the first time tonight. Is there anything I really really should know or have to prepare for?

Last edited by henkkjelle on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 am 

inhumanist wrote:
Do I visit my brother and spend the night being awkward around someone else's friends or do I spend it sitting at home being miserable. Decisions, decisions...

If you're really miserable by yourself: Awkwardness beats miserable any day of the week, month and year.

Aquarius
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:01 am 

Well, about 9 hours remain until 2013 in Central Europa. I hope it will be good and successful year in general.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:24 am 

MacMoney wrote:
inhumanist wrote:

If you're really miserable by yourself: Awkwardness beats miserable any day of the week, month and year.

Get on the phone with someone who you think is equally miserable? I hate that awkward feeling when you're in the wrong company. It's the feeling which makes you feel like you are just like any other inanimate object in the room. I'd prefer to be alone with music playing out loud and surfing the interwebz.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:31 am 

New Year's is somewhat bittersweet among the old guard where I'm from. 25 years ago, Dave Iannicca of the band Destructor was tragically murdered at a party the band was hosting to celebrate both his Christmas Eve engagement to his girlfriend and their first major label record deal.

It's a little difficult to celebrate under those circumstances and I have familial connections to the event, but thankfully many of us in the area both of the past and present still recognize our local heroes and will never let them be forgotten.

Here's to all we've lost both in our personal lives and in this sanctuary we've collectively chosen refuge in, both this year and in years past. Prost!

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:43 am 

September 20th, 2013..... :o :brick: o_O :nono:

And yes, I will be posting this in the Movie Thread.

BTW, there are a few movies missing from this list (After Earth, etc.).

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 am 

A Good Day to Die Hard and Catching Fire should be awesome.

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:48 am 

Empyreal wrote:
A Good Day to Die Hard and Catching Fire should be awesome.

You liked the Hunger Games?

Let me guess, you read the book before the movie?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:49 am 

Yeah, but I didn't think the first book was even really that great. It set up the world and had some very memorable moments, but overall I enjoyed the movie a lot more, and the two sequels were wonderful. Great characters, thought provoking commentary, etc. I'm expecting quite a lot from the next two movies.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:55 am 

Another Riddick movie? Should be interesting.

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:00 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Yeah, but I didn't think the first book was even really that great. It set up the world and had some very memorable moments, but overall I enjoyed the movie a lot more, and the two sequels were wonderful. Great characters, thought provoking commentary, etc. I'm expecting quite a lot from the next two movies.

I actually did read the book, but never finished it (I lost interest).

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:06 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
I have to opportunity to try XTC (MDMA) for the first time tonight. Is there anything I really really should know or have to prepare for?

Stay hydrated and watch your alcohol consumption (ideally, you wouldn't have any). Have fun!

matras
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:26 pm 

Ok, that was the hockey for today. Now just a wish that it's a Canada vs Sweden final. WJC kicks butt.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:44 pm 

the fact that you called it XTC in all caps tells me you may not be ready :p

Loads of water dude! you'll piss a lot during the duration of the night, but every time will feel fucking incredible. No alcohol is a good idea, especially if this is your first time. Also, relax, let it do its thing, and don't freak out if it doesn't come quickly, or if it comes too quickly - it all depends on how hydrated you are upon taking it. Just relax and you'll be good.

The Hunger Games books were vastly entertaining. Not too different from many of the other "guilty pleasures" (I fucking hate that term) we all tend to gravitate towards. I read all three over the course of four days, and downloaded the movie after it came out on DVD. It was dedcent, but man, Jennifer Lawrence? Whoa boy, yummy.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Last edited by PhilosophicalFrog on Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:47 pm 

If it's your first time don't drink any alcohol at all. Also yeah, drink lots of water. I've had a few opportunities to try it, but I passed them up because I saw a lot of friends get really into it and get really fucked up as a result. We were watching a movie with this one guy who was on it and by the time the movie was over he didn't remember anything that happened. I'm generally skeptical of synthetic drugs, a lot of the time when you're doing E you're not really taking what you think you're taking. But then again, there's probably not a lot of harm in trying it once.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:51 pm 

Ok, so no alcohol, lots of water, and relax. Got it. Thank y'all. To everyone who hasn't celebrated new years eve yet, Have a amazing night!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:00 pm 

I'm staying at my father's to celebrate the ending of another one of the Earth's trips around the Sun, so I expect a relaxed, nice celebration interrupted by a fuckton of fireworks (you have no idea how much people love those things around here). But at least we'll eat like kings!

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:03 pm 

Oh yea, and Henk--be sure to come back and give us your impressions. I hope what you got is really MDMA, but even if it's not I've tried a couple of those designer drug substitutes, and you'll still enjoy yourself.

Metalfuckingrules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:07 pm 

In the voice of James Hetfield:
Water, GOOD!
Alcohol, BAD!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:47 pm 

Quote:
The Hunger Games books were vastly entertaining. Not too different from many of the other "guilty pleasures" (I fucking hate that term) we all tend to gravitate towards. I read all three over the course of four days, and downloaded the movie after it came out on DVD. It was dedcent, but man, Jennifer Lawrence? Whoa boy, yummy.

The third one, Mockingjay, will be really important someday I think. Kids in their teens need to read that shit. A powerful book, with some real gravity and weight to its theme of what power does and the spoils of a tyrannous government...and yeah, Jennifer Lawrence is awesome. Hot and a great actress to boot. Winter's Bone is really great as well if you haven't seen that.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:10 pm 

sortalikeadream wrote:
Oh yea, and Henk--be sure to come back and give us your impressions. I hope what you got is really MDMA, but even if it's not I've tried a couple of those designer drug substitutes, and you'll still enjoy yourself.

How addictive can they get? Man, I've always stayed clear all kinds of drugs...even the organic ones.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 739, 740, 741, 742, 743, 744, 745 ... 827  Next