Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:04 am 

Is scrambled eggs in rice a western thing?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:03 am 

What do you mean by Western thing? I live in the U.S. Midwest and I've never eaten them together but it looked like it would taste fine. And ya'll are assholes, it's breakfast time here and I just got done looking at all those pictures and now I'm starving.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:08 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Is scrambled eggs in rice a western thing?

I suppose it's not. It is never a thing but I whipped it up anyway because of lack of anything else to eat my fried rice and sausages with.

analog_winter
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:20 am 

shouvince wrote:
analog_winter wrote:
I thought about that, but it was only $5 and I had seen the headliner before, but stuff like that is just really uncomfortable to witness (at least for my friend and I), and it really does kinda sour the mood.

Was that a lady friend? But damn, that was plain weird.

No it was not a lady friend, but my friend's lady friend who was he was texting some at the show apparently thinks I'm a bad influence on him, and that was said before the show started, so it make me wonder what she thinks of me now haha.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism.

Last edited by analog_winter on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odium88
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:37 am 

VOTEEEEEEEEEEE FOR DEICIDE

http://gillmanfest.com.ve/caracas2013/

http://www.paulgillman.com/

Last edited by Metantoine on Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I removed the useless space in this post, this guy is annoying

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:39 am 

inhumanist wrote:

I don't think the US need satirical news shows anymore.... Who even buys this stuff? I know that a lot of fox news supporters and watchers are living in a bubble, but how can they not burst out in laughter after seeing this? No wonder that the Daily Show is being hailed as one of the most trustworthy news shows... Jon Stewart got nothing on this pure comedy gold.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:46 pm 

That makes me want to faceslap my hand through my head.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:42 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

Why do American people take Faux News seriously?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:57 pm 

Uhm most of us don't. At least not those of us who have graduated 2nd grade.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:58 pm 

An important number of people must though, considering that they're still active.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:59 pm 

Mostly rednecks and the insanely-far-Obama-is-the-antichrist Right, I'd guess.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:01 pm 

Well, that should explain the mystery.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:15 pm 

Most of their audience consists of people that are afraid of change and anything progressive. So it's no suprise that they are able to keep a consistent rating. Because, you know, those kind of people never change their minds.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:26 pm 

I hope for a world where such people will be the minority (and a mocked minority at that), and fear one where they will be heads of government.

FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:29 pm 

In America we don't really want real news per se. We prefer to have our biases confirmed and reconfirmed on a daily basis. Those on the far right who care to watch a cable news broadcast tune into Fox. Those on the far left of the U.S. spectrum tune into MSNBC. And those of us who like our repetitive and uninformative news with a liberal dose of ineptitude watch CNN. It's like the Cheesecake Factory. There's something for everyone . . . as long as you want crap.

By the way, how much does this guy want to be Pepper Keenan?

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:36 pm 

FlaPack wrote:
In America we don't really want real news per se. We prefer to have our biases confirmed and reconfirmed on a daily basis. Those on the far right who care to watch a cable news broadcast tune into Fox. Those on the far left of the U.S. spectrum tune into MSNBC. And those of us who like our repetitive and uninformative news with a liberal dose of ineptitude watch CNN. It's like the Cheesecake Factory. There's something for everyone . . . as long as you want crap.

Did you come up with this yourself, Fla? Because it's a really cool quote.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:38 pm 

Watch the YoungTurks!

FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:41 pm 

It's all me as far as I know.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:46 pm 

I came across some kids reading this book. I almost shit (oh the irony) my pants reading the title:

"Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants"

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:50 pm 

I read at least the first five Captain Underpants books when I was in grade school. Shit was cash.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:54 pm 

Captain Underpants...there's some books I haven't really heard anything about since I was 10. Those were a lot of fun back then.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:24 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
I read at least the first five Captain Underpants books when I was in grade school. Shit was cash.

So did I. It was the coolest shit back then and probably one of the only books some of my classmates read in their entire lives.

theposega
Mezla

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:29 pm 

Captain Underpants books were great. Always loved how every book always featured a chapter that merely stated "It worked." or something after a bit of a dramatic build-up.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:46 pm 

BastardHead wrote:

Damn. Damn all you guys. I must've missed this phenomenon! I never read too many children books to be honest and when I did get down to casual reading (around the 5th and 6th grade), it was those kiddy detective novels like the Three Investigators, Famous Five, Secret Seven, Five Find Outers etc which consumed by days.

I'll have to try and grab a copy of 'Captain Underpants' without being too conspicuous :oh shit:

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:06 pm 

So, I just found out that Kelly Carpenter recorded a demo with Adagio, and it sounds exactly as expected; fantastic vocals, average (if better than usual for Kelly) music. Fuck's sake man, when will you be backed by music that is at least as good as your voice?

EDIT: So, the second song, Carry the Cross, is in fact quite good. It's got a nice driving rhythm, and Kelly's vocal melodies are at their best (if not at their most extreme). Still, dude deserves better.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:29 pm 

If everyone here just loved Fox News and talked about how sensible it is then I bet xlxlx would be right on board saying "Man, why don't more people take this seriously?"

Honestly I'll watch it but I know what's news and what's just posturing and words put on the air by corporate partners. You still get the basic stories just with an extreme and often humorous twist.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm 

KC_Slaanesh wrote:
If everyone here just loved Fox News and talked about how sensible it is then I bet xlxlx would be right on board saying "Man, why don't more people take this seriously?"

Are you suggesting that I agree with everything that is said here? Because I don't appreciate it. I dislike Fox News because I have watched it myself.

KC_Slaanesh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:33 pm 

You know that may have been what I was implying. Read into it more and tell me what you think.

New account, be my friend on the internet! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013520745780

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:07 pm 

I love having a quality butcher shop just down the block from my house. NY strip steaks tonight!

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:23 pm 

shouvince wrote:
I came across some kids reading this book. I almost shit (oh the irony) my pants reading the title:

"Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants"

I was obsessed with Captain Underpants back in the day to the point where the ultimate punishment my parents could enact on me was taking away my Captain Underpants books.

Also, anybody who deny's that Fox News is Fair And Balanced is a godless muslim atheist communist liberal who wants to take away our guns and bible and enact shariah law and use the constitution as toilet paper.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:38 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
FlaPack wrote:

Did you come up with this yourself, Fla? Because it's a really cool quote.

Sounds like something Bill Maher would say, even the way it's worded together. Although I'm not sure why the Cheesecake Factory would be a terrible place, is this a popular saying I'm not aware of or do people generally not like cheesecakes?

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:47 pm 

volutetheswarth wrote:
Although I'm not sure why the Cheesecake Factory would be a terrible place, is this a popular saying I'm not aware of or do people generally not like cheesecakes?

I've never been to a Cheesecake Factory restaurant (I'm taking that he's referring to the restaurant chain and not to the distributor and producer of cheesecake part of the company), but being a chain restaurant I imagine they offer a lot of variety with little quality. So any place that focuses on certain kind of cuisine would likely do the dishes better.

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 pm 

I gotta say that non-Americans taking something Fox News says and acting like it is representative of us as a whole is more than just a little annoying. We just have a large demographic of backward thinking ignoramuses and unfortunately they are very vocal.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:43 pm 

"That feel when" you finally understand what the fuck people mean when they type "tfw" and then you catch yourself doing it... :[
Also, tfw you log in to MA just to check and make sure you haven't been banned. Haha! Anyone else ever do that at the end of the day? :lol:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 pm 

You guys remember that new band Jesper Strömblad is in? They released their EP about two weeks ago. Its..... uneventful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWC3yONjP1M

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:57 pm 

That was excruciating to listen to, Henk. Mostly because of the vocals.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:01 pm 

Yeah, I know. :ugh: I don't even know why Jesper is in this band. Pretty much any guitarist could play this. (Read: come up with this). Now, if Jesper only added some of his amazing In Flames melodies..... ah well, a man can dream.

Last edited by henkkjelle on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:04 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:
"That feel when" you finally understand what the fuck people mean when they type "tfw" and then you catch yourself doing it... :[
Also, tfw you log in to MA just to check and make sure you haven't been banned. Haha! Anyone else ever do that at the end of the day? :lol:

Oh god.

Please don't bring feels to Metal Archives. I'm content with nihilism. :panda:

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:25 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:

I do it sometimes. The Man is always out to get me, can't let my guard down.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:26 pm 

the_raytownian wrote:

Nah, I'm too boring and unoffensive. The only time I got banned was when I literally asked for it.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 797, 798, 799, 800, 801, 802, 803 ... 827  Next