Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:15 pm 

A foot of snow. Just fucking great.

Good thing I got to trading in a few games and buying a few more today

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:18 pm 

Are you in Michigan? We're getting 7-12 now and overnight. I'll probably be forced to hole up in my apartment and drink moonshine all night. Poor me.

Obligatory Last FM Link

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:20 pm 

I'm in north Jersey actually.

Thing's supposed to come on in here on Friday (tomorrow). Best part is I have work during it.

Blasted job made me work outside during Sandy too, but this time I'm inside the store. :annoyed:

Last edited by MorbidEngel on Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:21 pm 

Ah, I haven't checked the weather nationwide. Nothing like being pooed on by snow.

Obligatory Last FM Link

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:24 pm 

Yeah, it reminds me of Christmas 2010; dumped on by 20 inches the immediate following day.

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
Are you in Michigan? We're getting 7-12 now and overnight. I'll probably be forced to hole up in my apartment and drink moonshine all night. Poor me.

Here in Iowa City it's 37 and has been raining all day. Sort of glad we dodged the bullet there, especially since Chicago just got snow-swamped. Either way, I'll probably be holing up with some scotch and stout as well.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 pm 

heard this on the radio the other day, and can't stop singing "cement mixer, putty putty" :brick:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Fb2XEA5xkyc

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:36 pm 

No wonder we're having such amazing weather here. It's like 62 degrees outside. Whenever the Southern Indiana/Louisville, KY area is experiencing amazing weather it means someone somewhere north is drowning or buried in snow.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:45 pm 

Or if you're lucky, both! We've been getting giant snowflakes that fall fast and melt instantly all day. It's a weird snowflood thing going on right now.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:49 pm 

mindshadow wrote:
heard this on the radio the other day, and can't stop singing "cement mixer, putty putty" :brick:

http://www.youtube.com/v/Fb2XEA5xkyc

"I wrote another song... This ones very serious."
:lol:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:08 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
Except for the vast majority of the review which handles the music. Did anybody other than Emp actually read past the first two paragraphs?

Except you put the trolling part first. It was the first thing you wanted to say in the review. You could easily have dealt with it last, after setting up the review by saying the band has a vocal fanbase and that you generally don't agree, but will the musical side of this new album change your mind, etc., then gone right into the musical review part. But you didn't, so you really can't blame people for remembering best the part you put first.

BastardHead wrote:
So are you saying that Manilla Road's crazy loyal fandom is just a flash in the pan and nobody will care and as such will be confused when I mention the giant, rabid fanbase? I really don't follow...

I think you seriously overestimate the level of worship people around here have for Manilla Road - I don't think even the fans really think they "can do no wrong." I'd go so far as to say some of their albums have been downright mediocre, but most people disagree as to exactly which ones. But of course acknowledging that would have taken away from the effectiveness of your review's trolling section.

lord_ghengis wrote:
In the performance, or the songwriting, whatever. Just some kind of to he point direction as to here the mysticism and occult vibes are coming from, because so far I've seen nothing but "the whole thing as a whole".

Dude, nobody cares enough about you or your opinions to give you tailored, in-depth explanations as to the innermost workings of Manilla Road's appeal. If you want to know why people like Manilla Road, there are dozens of reviews on this site for the band's various albums, and many of them go into quite a bit of detail. But I'm guessing you're too lazy/don't care enough to actually do that, so you should probably shut up.

Anyway I've said my piece about this whole business, y'all can go back to talking about the weather.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:11 pm 

I care about him and his opinion very much.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:32 pm 

So what I've learned throughout all this is:

A) Trolling is now defined by tackling the eccentricities of a rabid fanbase.

B) Buttmad fans can disregard my entire review because of the way it was structured.

C) The Road Crew can continue to be vague and flat out refuse to make clear the intangible qualities of the band because "nobody cares", as if somebody you deemed "important" would be treated differently.

And you wonder why I think you look ridiculous.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:40 pm 

Can we just end this and move on, please?

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:41 pm 

From Blabbermouth:

Quote:
Manilla Road's new album, entitled Please Shut the Fuck Up About Manilla Road, will be released next month.

Please Shut the Fuck Up About Manilla Road Tracklist:

1. Shut the Fuck Up About Manilla Road
2. Who Fucking Cares?
3. Holy Fuck, Does it Fucking Matter?
4. Something About Atlantis
5. All This Useless Discussion is Fucking Stupid
6. Who Fucking Cares? Pt. II
7. The Riddle Master Kills Himself Because He Doesn't Fucking Care.

I'm definitely going to look into this.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Metal_Detector
Reticular Modular Unit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:42 pm 

Just quit lord_genghis and Bastardhead, there's no reasoning with these people.

Road Crew Syndrome (RCS) should be recognized by the World Health Organization as a mental disorder.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:44 pm 

@Gunther: number seven made me crack up, good job. :lol:

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:53 pm 

BastardHead wrote:
So what I've learned throughout all this is:

A) Trolling is now defined by tackling the eccentricities of a rabid fanbase.

B) Buttmad fans can disregard my entire review because of the way it was structured.

C) The Road Crew can continue to be vague and flat out refuse to make clear the intangible qualities of the band because "nobody cares", as if somebody you deemed "important" would be treated differently.

And you wonder why I think you look ridiculous.

Honestly, the only one looking ridiculous here is you. I mean come on, calling the fans "delusional", and using inflammatory language like "rabid fanbase" (note, did anyone actually object that strongly about your comments on the music? oops, no they didn't) "buttmad", is totally not trolling. No sir. :rolleyes:

Come on, BH, you're making an ass of yourself. And that review was ridiculous. I remember seeing hype for Manilla Road back on metal-rules.com in 2000, before this site was even a gleam in our eyes. To call the band a Metal-Archives phenomenon is completely stupid. The Internet will get some older, formerly mega-obscure bands out of their obscurity, and M-A is the biggest internet metal site, so that might be why you were confused, but, yeah, just admit it was a retarded comment, and admit you were trolling for attention by dwelling on the fanbase for two long paragraphs before getting to the meat of your review (which is wayyyy tl;dr by the way, but then I never read those long rambling reviews so maybe that's just me...).

(For what it's worth, I am not a huge Manilla Road fan. I heard only a couple of their albums, and mostly enjoy The Deluge, Crystal Logic and Mystification (and think they are excellent trad metal albums without thinking they're THE BEST EVAR U JUST DONT GEDDIT), and I haven't heard the newest one, only heard one song and thought it was fairly boring, so I'm not a "buttmad rabid fan" by any stretch of the imagination.)

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:00 pm 

I should start writing reviews so I can offend people and have drawn out discussions in the FFA. Reviews, apparently, are serious business.

Or I'll just continue playing Left 4 Dead instead because I'm not actually that much into internet fights if zombies aren't involved.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:06 pm 

FWIW, I don't care about reviews in general, but I just expect a better attitude from moderators.

Also, perhaps a reminder of the site rules is in order for all reviewers?

Quote:
TELL US ABOUT THE *MUSIC*

Did we mention this yet? Well, it also means, lashing out on a band's image, attitude or reputation is not exactly a good idea either. That doesn't mean we'll refuse a review if you attack a band's image or integrity - in fact, sometimes such things do need to be pointed out and criticized. But a review based mostly on that is of little interest.
This also includes attacks or generalizations on the listeners, not just the fans (see examples below).
Ubiquitous examples include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • Cradle of Filth/Dimmu Borgir/etc. are "goth fags";
  • Yngwie Malmsteem has a pretentious and arrogant personality;
  • Jon Schaffer's attitude is annoying;
  • *Insert female singer here* is so hot;
  • Christians/Satanists/Jews/etc. are so dumb;
  • Black metal "elitists" are so narrow-minded;
  • Similarly, "tr00 metal elitists won't like this because it's so avant-garde!"
If you really think it's relevant to the actual album content, by all means feel free to point it out, but don't dwell on it.

Spending 2 paragraphs about the fanbase sure sounds like "dwelling on it" to me... eh. Maybe I should reject the review for violating the site guidelines. :D

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 pm 

I have an idea; why don't we all smoke the Bolt Thrower pipe of peace?

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:15 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
Hey dudes, found my old tape recorder, thought I'd share this, debating on making more stuff like this? tell me if you dig.

https://soundcloud.com/sambecherer/dark ... cassette-1

I know I'm about a page late, but this track is really interesting! More material like this would be very welcome :nods:

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:26 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

You can shove that pipe if it's not from the first five albums!!! :fuck:
Spoiler: show
just kidding

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 pm 

Actually, I think that I should start digging into BT's discography more now. I've certinly warmed up to them a bit more with the passing of time (save for Those Once Loyal, as I loved that album from the beginning). Any recommendations on where to start to get serious with them, guys?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:36 pm 

Smoking_Gnu wrote:
GuntherTheUndying wrote:

Here in Iowa City it's 37 and has been raining all day. Sort of glad we dodged the bullet there, especially since Chicago just got snow-swamped. Either way, I'll probably be holing up with some scotch and stout as well.

Yeah it sucks balls in Chicago tonight. It took me an hour to make a 25 minute drive and it has taken my wife over 2.5 hours and she's still not even home yet. So much for our 200 million tons of salt and city wide preparedness.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:50 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Actually, I think that I should start digging into BT's discography more now. I've certinly warmed up to them a bit more with the passing of time (save for Those Once Loyal, as I loved that album from the beginning). Any recommendations on where to start to get serious with them, guys?

Depends, I personally would go for IVth Crusade and Realm of Chaos first. IVth crusade is slower and has an almost epic quality to it while Realm of Chaos is more vicious but still has the heaviness of IVth Crusade. Warmaster is more standard, somewhat thrashy OSDM but still highly enjoyable. Honestly it's hard to go wrong with any Bolt Thrower.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 pm 

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/07/wom ... ew-guinea/

What the hell...this is just sad and primitive.

With regards to the mighty Bolt Thrower, thanks for the mentioning the name here. It's been quite sometime since I listened to this band.

*plays Realm of Chaos*

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 pm 

I live about three miles from my work, and it took me over 45 minutes to drive home. While we still had daylight. A brisk walk and I would have been home sooner. That's some bullshit right there.

At least on the up-side, my 2xCD copy of Hail Horror Hail arrived today! Now if only I could find a reasonably-priced copy of Ghastly Funeral Theater on CD, my collection would be complete!

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:59 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

Eh, just choose one of 2-5 randomly. Only start with the first one if you are a grindcore enthusiast.

They smoothly progress from grindcore to epic war death metal on those albums.

Last edited by inhumanist on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 pm 

We aren't supposed to get hit up here in N.S. till late Friday night. And just to my luck, I have to close down at my store that night at 12 :|

I then get to go open up at 8am the next day and spend 8 hours shovelling out a parking lot! At least it won't be busy, but I'm not looking forward to the drives there and back.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:29 pm 

IX Leviathan wrote:
We aren't supposed to get hit up here in N.S. till late Friday night. And just to my luck, I have to close down at my store that night at 12 :|

I then get to go open up at 8am the next day and spend 8 hours shovelling out a parking lot! At least it won't be busy, but I'm not looking forward to the drives there and back.

Just bring your sleeping bag and some Ramen and you'll be alright.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:04 pm 

I think I have a hard-on for deathcore.

Shit. Fuck.

Shitfuck.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:07 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:

Shit. Fuck.

Shitfuck.

Shitfuck would be a good deathcore band name.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:08 pm 

Hi. I'm bored, I need to waste a lot of time. So here I'm going to type out my iPod library for scrutinizing, commenting, making snarky comments, or for whoever wants to look it over at their own leaser for whatever reason. Here it goes.

Spoiler: show
Aakon Keetreh - Dans La Foret
Acid Bath - Paegan Terrorism Tactics
Acid Bath - When the kite string pops
Acid Witch - Witchtanic Hellucinations
Adramelech - Psychostasia
Agent Steel - unstoppable force
Alda - :Tahoma:
Alethes - Aletheia
Altar / Cartilage - Split
Angel Corpse - Exterminate
Armagedda - Ond spiritism
Artillery - By Inheritance
Ash Borer - Ash borer
Aspid - Extravasation
Assault - Survival in the street
Atheist - piece of time
Atheist - unquestionable presence
Atrocity - Hallucinations
Attomica - Disturbing the noise
Augury - Concealed
Aura Noir - Out to die
Authorize - the source of dominion
Autopsy - Severed survival (I've been meaning to replace with mental funeral)
Bathory - Bathory
Bathory - Blood fire death
Bathory - The return
Bathory - Under the sign of the black mark
Beherit - Electric Doom Synthesis
Beherit - The Oath of Black Blood
Beherit - Drawing Down the Moon
Belial - never again
Belial - Wisdom of Darkness
Belketre - march to the black holocaust (is split in two in the artist section, but in the album section I can hear the entire album)
Bethlehem - Dark Metal
Bethlehem *ehem* the third full length
Blasphemy - Fallen Angel of Doom
Blaspherit - fallen oath of black doom (stupid adorable tripe I can't bring myself to remove from the iPod)
Blitzkrieg - A time of changes
Bloodstone - Hour of the gate
Burzum - Burzum
Burzum - Demo II
Burzum - Det Som Engang Var
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Burzum - Filosofem
Candlemass - Ancient Dreams (epicus doomicus metallicus probably belongs here but I like Nightfall era more)
Candlemass - Nightfall
Carnage - Dark Recollections
Cartilage - (split into two parts of the split album because I'm in the artist section)
Celtic Frost - To Megatherion
Cemetary - An Evil Shade of Grey
Cenotaph - Gloomy reflections of our...
*_Artist withheld because people would bash me_*
The Chasm - Procreation of the inner temple
The Chasm - Deathcult for eternity: The Triumph
The Chasm - Farseeing the paranormal abyss
The Chasm - From the Lost Years...
The Chasm - Procession to the infraworld
The Chasm - The spell of retribution
Coldworld - Melancholie
Coldworld - The Stars Are Dead Now
Convulse - World Without God
Coroner - Grin
Coroner - Mental Vortex
Coroner - No More Color
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence
Covenant - In Times Before the Light
Craft - Fuck the Universe
Craft - Terror Propoganda
Crematory - Denial
Cryptopsy - None So Vile
Crystal Age - Far Beyond Divine Horizons
Darkthrone - A Blaze In The Northern Sky
Darkthrone - Panzerfaust
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon
Dawn - Apparition
Dawn - Naer Solen Gar Niper For Evogher
Dawn - Slaughtersun
Death - Human
Death - Leprosy
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Death - Spiritual Healing
Death - Symbolic
Death Angel - The Ultra-Violence
Deceased - Luck of the Corpse (I would have more Deceased, except they seem like the kind of band that churns out albums of quality, yet too consistent stylistically. I like the debut the most. The first track is probably one of my favorite metal songs ever)
Defeated Sanity - Chapters of Repugnance
Defeated Sanity - Psalms of the Moribund
Deicide - Deicide
Deicide - Legion
Delirium - Zhooouhh
Demigod - Slumber Of Sullen Eyes
Demilich - Nespithe
Demolition Hammer - Epidemic of Violence
Destroyer 666 - Unchain the Wolves (admittedly not my fav band, which is why I've trimmed down their catalog of albums in my library to make room for other things. I always find myself returning to these guys so maybe I'll 'get it')
Destruction - Eternal Devastation
Destruction - Infernal Overkill
Destruction - Release From Agony
Deteriorate - Rotting In Hell
Diagnose: Lebensgefahr - Transformalin
Disastrous Murmur - Rhapsodies in Red
Disciples of Mockery - Prelude to Apocalypse
diSEMBOWELMENT (I have no clue why it's spelled that way) - Transcend the Peripheral
Dodsengel - Mirium Occultum
Dodsengel - Imperator
Doom Snake Cult - Love Sorrow Doom
Edge Of Sanity - Crimson
Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Electric Wizard - Come my fanatics
Electrocution - Inside the Unreal
Emperor - Anthems To Welkin At Dusk
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Evil Army - Evil Army
Evol - Dreamquest
Excruciate - Passage of Life
Exivious - Exivious
Exodus - Bonded by Blood
Fate's Warning - The Spectre Within
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form
Forgotten Tomb - Songs to Leave
Forgotten Tomb - Springtime Depression
Frostmoon - Tordenkrieg (compilation)
Funebre - Children of the Scorn
Funereal - The Misery Season
Goatlord - Reflections of the Solstice
God Macabre - The Winterlong
Gorement - The Ending Quest :love:
Gorgoroth - Antichrist
Gorgoroth - Pentagram
Gorguts - Considered Dead
Gorguts - Obscura
(been meaning to add the other album in between obscura and considered dead)
Gris - Il Était une Forêt...
Hades - ...Again Shall Be
Hades - Dawn of the Dying Sun
Heaven & Hell - The Devil You Know
Hell - Hell
Hell - Hell II (been meaning to add Hell III)
Hellhammer - Apocalyptic Raids 1990 A.D.
Hellhammer - Demon Entrails (Disk 1) (Satanic Rites)
Hellwitch - Syzygial Miscreancy
Hellstar - Nosferatu
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Holy Terror - Terror and Submission
Horn - Die Kraft Der Szenarien
Horn - Jahrezeiten
Horn - Naturkraft
Hypocrisy - Osculum Obscenum
Hypothermia - Skogens Hjarta
Immolation - Dawn Of Possession
Immolations - Here In After
Incantation - Diabolical Conquest
Incantation - Mortal Throne of Nazarene
Incantation - Onward To Golgotha
Infernal Majesty - None Shall Defy
INFESTDEAD - JESUSATAN
Infester - To the Depths... In Degradation
Iniquity - Serenadium
Inquisition - Into the Infernal Regions of the Ancient Cult
Inquisition - Invoking the Majestic Throne of Satan
Inquisition - Magnificent Glorification of Lucifer
Inquisition - Nefarious Dismal Orations
(w-where is ominous doctrines of the perpetual mystical macrocosm? That's peculiar. I'd replace Nefarious Dismal Orations with that when I get the chance)
Inquisitor - Walpurgis - Sabbath of Lust
Inverted - Revocation of the Beast
Invocator - Weave the Apocalypse (their debut could be here, but whatever)
Iron Maiden - Killers
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
(obviously I haven't fleshed out out Iron Maiden library. They're a band I've been meaning to give the time of day, but have really only really truly listened to Powerslave. Call me heretic or blasphemer, but whatever.)
Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction
Katharsis - VVorld VVithout End
Katharsis - 666
Ketzer - Satan's Boundaries Unchained
King Diamond - Conspiricy
King Diamond - The Eye
King Diamond - Them
Kreator - Endless Pain
Kreator - Coma of Souls
Kreator - Extreme Aggression
Kreator - Pleasure to kill
(I've been meaning to replace endless pain with terrible certainty)
Kvist - For Kunsten Maa Vi Evig Vike
Leech - Against Leviathan
Limbonic Art - Moon In The Scorpio
The Lord Weird Slough Feg - Down Among Dead Men
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenfris
(I've grown disinterested with this band because I feel their style and production value makes them a bit corny, but I keep them on here when I feel like dipping my feet in the melodic side of things every now and then)
Madvillain - Madvillainy
(lol the one non metal album... yeah)
Magnus - Scarlet Slaughterer
*_another band people shouldn't know I listen to_*
Master's Hammer - *the sophomore LP*
(I aught to add or replace that with the debut, but I guess this one gets the job done and no harm in having it stand in for the debut)
Mefisto - The Truth
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Merciless - The Awakening
Merciless - Unbound
Mercyful Fate - Don't Break The Oath
Mercyful Fate - In The Shadows
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Ride The Lightning
Miasma - Changes
Midnight - Complete and Total Midnight
Midnight - Satanic Royalty
Molested - Blod Draum
Moonblood - Blunt Und Krieg
Moonblood - Moonblood
Moonblood - My Evil Soul - Rehearsal
Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Moonsorrow - Suden Uni
Moonsorrow - Tulimyrsky
Moonsorrow - Verisakeet
(at first I resisted listening to these guys because of their hype, seemingly trite viking theme, and large prolific discography, but I've grown to appreciate their songs to where it doesn't put me off, but still doesn't knock me off my feet)
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness
Morbid Saint - Destruction System (this could probably be sacrificed for a more worth while album)
Morbid Saint - Spectrum Of Death
Morgue - Eroded Thoughts
Morpheus Descends - Ritual of Infinity
Morta Skuld - Dying Remains
Mutiilation - Black Millennium (Grimly Reborn)
Mutiilation - Hail Satanas we are black legions
Mutiilation - Remains of a ruined, dead, cursed soul
Mutiilation - Vampires of Black Imperial Blood
Mysticum - In The Streams of Inferno
Mystifier - Goeta
Mystifier - The World Is So Good The One Who Made It Doesn't Live Here
(TWISGTOHMIDLH is actually the album that got me into these guys. I guess what keeps me coming back is the decency of the former two albums and how they sound nothing like TWISGTOHMIDLH)
Necromantia - Crossing The Fiery Path
Necromantia - Scarlet Evil Witching Black
(I wanted to love the proceeding albums, but none of the albums after SEWB really had that sort of stylistic flair)
Necrophobic - Darkside
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Negura Bunget - Om
Nocturnus - The Key
Nocturnus - Thresholds
Nokturnal Mortum - Waltanschauung
Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice of Steel
Noothgrush - Erode the Person
November Grief - To Live... In This World of Chaos
Nuclear Assault - Game Over
Nuclear Assault - Handle With Care
Nuclear Assault - Survive
(I dunno about these guys. They're kind of my wild care band. I decided to add them to my iPod about a week ago and they're alright, but I think there's a couple other bands or individual albums that could fit here, like ones I mentioned earlier... or the countless others from my iTunes (the mother of my iPod library))
Nuclear Death - Bride of Insect
Nunslaughter - Hell's Unholy Fire
(Goat belongs here too, but space is really tight, and I guess I figured one nunslaughter is sufficient)
Obituary - Slowly we rot
(Note to selfl; replace with cause of death)
Obscene - lacerations of the unborn
Obtained Enslavement - Centuries of Sorrow
Obtained Enslavement - Soulblight
Obtained Enslavement - Witchcraft
Odium - The Sad Realm Of The Stars
Onslaught - Power From Hell
Overkill - Feel the Fire
Overkill - Taking Over
Overkill - Under the Influence
Overkill - The Years of Decay
Panopticon - Kentucky
(I honestly don't like the vocals or the blend of folk on this record. I think the harsh screams definitely don't compliment the sound of the flute, like on the first track)
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Phantasm - Lycanthropy
Phantasm - The Abominable
Phlebotomized - Intense Immense Suspense
Portal - Outre
Possessed - Seven Churches
Protector - A Shedding Of Skin
Psychotic Waltz - A Social Grace
Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
Reverend Bizarre - In the Rectory of the Reverend Bizarre
Reverend Bizarre - II : Crush the Insects
Reverend Bizarre - III: So Long Suckers
Rigor Mortis - Rigor Mortis
Riot - Thundersteel
Rippikoulu - Musta sermonia
Ripping Corpse - Dreaming With the Dead
Rottrevore - Iniquitious
The Ruins of Beverast - Unlock the Shrine
Runemagic - The Supreme Force of Eternity
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Sabbat - A History of a Time to Come
Sacramentum - Far Away From the Sun
Sacred Reich - Surf Nicaragua
Sadomator - Goat Attack - Live Chaos
Sadomator - Goats Brew Alcholust
Sadus - Illusions
Sadus - Swallowed in Black
Sarcofago - I.N.R.I.
Satan - Court in the Act
Satan's Satyrs - Wild Beyond Belief
Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
Sempiternal Deathreign - the spooky gloom
Sepultura - schizophrenia
Sepultura - Beneath the remains
Sepultura - Arise
Shining - I
Shining - II
Shining - III
Shining - IV
Shining V
(I don't even like these guys that much. I just like having a big discography for myself to listen to. I keep hoping I'll finally get it with these guys. I think it's going to take more curiosity and time of day. Who knows)
Sigh - Scorn Defeat
Silence - Vision
Silencer - Death - Pierce Me
Skagos - Ast
Skagos - Anarchic
Skagos - Himmelszelt
Skagos - Split with panopticon
Skagos - The grown of the ancient Pine
Skeletonwitch - forever abomination
(I don't really listen to these guys much, except I added forever abomination, so that way I would get more exposure to it, but I always desire beyond the permafrost instead)
Skinless - Foreshadowing our demise (Honestly if I noticed this was here ealier this would have been a freeby to cut out and make room for something else)
Skinless - Trample the Week, Hurtle the dead
Slayer - Hell awaits
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Slayer - South of Heaven
Sleep - Sleep's Holy Mountain
Sombre Forets - *Debut*
Sombre Forets - *Sophomore LP*
Sorcier Des Glace - The Puressence of Primitive for...
Sororicide - The Entity
Suffocation - Effigy of the Forgotten
Suffocation - Pierced From Within
Suffocation - Human Waste
Summoning - Dol Guldur
Summoning - Let Mortal Heros Sing Our Fame
Summoning - Oath Bound
Summoning - Stronghold
Sylence - Apocalyptic Sacrifice
Szron - Zeal
Taake - *First LP*
Taake - *Second LP*
Taake - *Third LP*
Taake - *Fifth LP*
Terrorizer - World Downfall
Thergothon - Streams From the Heavens
Thorns - Thorns
Timeghoul - Discography
Todesstoss - Todesstoss
Todesstoss - Abwegnis 121
Tormentor - Anno Domini
Tormentor - The Seventh Day of Doom
Toxik - Think This
Toxik - World Circus (I would cut world circus)
Trist - *The album with the blood draining from the guys arm into the sink*
Ulver - Bergtatt
Ulver - Kveldssanger
Ulver - Nattens Madrigal
Unbounded Terror - Nest of Affliction
Varathron - His Majesty At the Swamp
Vault Dweller - Messenger of Doom
Ved Buens Ende - Written In Watters
Vektor - Black Future
Vektor - Outer Isolation
Venom - Black Metal
Venom - Welcome to Hell
Vinterland - Welcome my last chapter
Violence - Eternal Nightmare
Violence - Oppressing the Masses (This is only on here because I love Eternal Nightmare so much and I would cut it
Vital Remains - Let Us Pray
Vlad Tepes - March To The Black Holocaust
Voivod - Nothingface
Voivod - Killing Technology
Voivod - The Outer Limits
Walknut - Graveforests
Watchtower - Control and Resistance
Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly
(Another Freeby band. I could probably do without them on my iPod. They play well, but their song writing doesn't seem interesting enough for me. I dunno)
Weakling - Dead As Dreams
Wedard - *some album with a tree on the cover*
Windir - Arntor
Windir - Likfer
Windir - 1182
Witch Mountain - Cauldron of the Wild
Wombbath - Internal Caustic Torments
Woods of Infinity - Hamptjarn
7 H. Target - Fast Slow Demolition

That's all 32GB of data. I could have sworn Atrophy's "violent by nature" was on there. I'm not sure why that's missing.

Anywas this is a very small portion of all of the music I listen to. Measuring down my whole library into just 32 gigs of space is no simple task. My library hasn't much change for a very long time. I just don't feel like stressing over rebuilding it because that always takes a lot of effort. I feel satisfied with the amount of albums I have in there and I can always keep coming back to them. I wish it was a bigger iPod. Oh well.

I hope this isn't too free for all for the free for all thread. Btw I may have visually missed some albums, because I noticed once that I didn't add beherit, because I just wasn't thinking and I overlooked them (one of my fav black metal bands.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 pm 

Talking of Manilla Road AND Metaldiscussor, he's been very annoying so...

After a 2 weeks suspension, if you don't get the message, well...

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 pm 

Good riddance.
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

flexodus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:17 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:

Shit. Fuck.

Shitfuck.

Just let it happen bro :nods: what bands/sounds are you into?
my sister does nothing but forcing me to listen to Gothenburg/melodic metalcore albums all day while refusing to listen to regular death metal

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:23 pm 

Ribos wrote:
FasterDisaster wrote:

Shit. Fuck.

Shitfuck.

Shitfuck would be a good deathcore band name.

I'm pretty sure Shitfuck is actually one of those Porno/Goregrind bands.

:( The "Where do you listen to Black Metal" thread was locked. I had such a gr1m response.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:37 pm 

iAm wrote:
I'm pretty sure Shitfuck is actually one of those Porno/Goregrind bands.

Wasn't there a band called Eat My Fuck?

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:38 pm 

Apparently people still believe acupuncture works. What the fuck?

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 793, 794, 795, 796, 797, 798, 799 ... 827  Next