Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:15 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
Fuck you all for talking about delicious pizza when I'm about to go to bed.

Second day in a row that we've successfully managed to talk about food on this thread!

@Subrick: I saw what you did there. You had initially placed the spoiler tags inside the img tags! :-D

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:17 pm 

Eh, I've had an annoying day involving computers. At this point I don't care anymore. :P

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Eh, I've had an annoying day involving computers. At this point I don't care anymore. :P

Haha! There's a smiley for every occasion -> :crash:

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:21 pm 

Why is it not breaking after he hits it repeatedly with that hammer? Lazy emote coders

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:22 pm 

I work at a place that specializes in deep dish pizza, in the Chicagoland area, and I still prefer New York/Brooklyn style. If you don't finish a stuffed in an hour, it's disgusting. Thinner/regular pizza never goes bad. You could leave that shit uncovered on a counter for a week and it'd still be fine.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:23 pm 

Quote:
Dare I ask if there's any Canadian pizza variant? I know I'd kill for a poutine pizza.

Closest I can think of is how deep into donaire Alberta gets. Not technically pizza but generally distributed by the same people.

Also I love Chicago deep dish but it isn't real pizza. New York/New Haven style is the pinnacle.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:24 pm 

Veracs wrote:
Why is it not breaking after he hits it repeatedly with that hammer? Lazy emote coders

It's a self repairing computer. It blows up when you hit it, and then instantly rebuilds itself. That's some Get Smart level shit right there.

godsonsafari wrote:
Also I love Chicago deep dish but it isn't real pizza. New York/New Haven style is the pinnacle.

Despite being from Connecticut I've never had New Haven pizza. Probably because I've never stopped in New Haven for anything.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm 

Best pizza is Italian style thin crust from a stone oven. Heretics.

Ftr, my prevous posts was just me being pie-curious.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Last edited by inhumanist on Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:29 pm 

If you haven't eaten at Pepe's then you're like, I dunno, a poseur Connecticut person or something.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:31 pm 

Israel secretly gives Ethiopian Jews birth control to prevent black Jews from outnumbering whites.

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:35 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:

Jeez. That's just all sorts of ugly. You know what the worst part is? If I posted a link to this on my FB feed, I'd probably get about 5/6 people defect because it would be seen as anti-semetic (even if it is actually true).

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:47 pm 

Damnit! I have been foiled by Jet's pizza I had a coupon for 13.99 extra large deep dish and well short story its not deep dish. I guess my first clue should've been that he said it would be ready in 15 minutes. :fuck:

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:23 pm 

godsonsafari wrote:
If you haven't eaten at Pepe's then you're like, I dunno, a poseur Connecticut person or something.

And what, dare I ask, would constitute a Connecticut poser besides not eating pizza in New Haven? Not getting sick of seeing Linda McMahon signs even after the election's over?

John_Sunlight wrote:

I would love to see how the American government tries to spin this into Israel doing the world good and shielding them from criticism and whatnot.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:30 pm 

They won't. The American media will not pick up this story.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:41 pm 

John, while I wholeheartedly support your repping of Enbilulugugal in your sig, it's got a typo that you need to take care of.
Quote:
92% have teens have switched

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:03 pm 

The new Tomahawk album rocks hard! My favorite since their debut already. Probably their most mellow, too. Which is always good.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 pm 

Don't let metal die.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:12 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:

I wonder what outlandish article Varg is going to write on the Burzum website because of this...

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:53 pm 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
I wonder what outlandish article Varg is going to write on the Burzum website because of this...

It's a complicated matter for him. On one side, they are getting rid of black people, which is super cool, but on the other hand it's being done by the fucking jews and no way Varg would ever support anything done by the jews

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm 

TheMizwaOfMuzzyTah wrote:
The new Tomahawk album rocks hard! My favorite since their debut already. Probably their most mellow, too. Which is always good.

Wait... What? :scratch:

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm 

He would say the jews are shrewd enough to understand the importance of racial purity; europeans should be too.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:01 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:

This..... Is really fucking disgusting. Fuck those racist scumbags. May their genitals fall off.
Marag wrote:
LlamaTrainer wrote:

It's a complicated matter for him. On one side, they are getting rid of black people, which is super cool, but on the other hand it's being done by the fucking jews and no way Varg would ever support anything done by the jews

I'm think that he'll start to monotonously yell "DOES NOT COMPUTE" when he sees this.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm 

SO one of my friends introduced me to this band called Walking The Cadaver. Holy shit it's terrible.
Here's a song for those with virgin ears:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzMgYkBeogc

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:11 pm 

Welcome to a couple of years ago, MrMcThrasher II!

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:13 pm 

A couple years ago? More like 2008.

Anyways, while the demo is just sort of meh, Perverse Recollections of a Necromangler is a retardedly fun and catchy album and I will defend that statement to the death.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:16 pm 

Meh, whatever. I can't bother to remember when was the last time those lame excuses for musicians released anything. I still remember people crapping on them not too long ago, though.

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 pm 

That's probably because they're releasing a new album this spring. People can crap on them all they want at this point since they basically dropped all their slam/deathcore influences and just became a boring death metal/hardcore band, like Dying Fetus but with less technicality, boring riffs and shitty vocals.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:20 pm 

MrMcThrasher II wrote:
SO one of my friends introduced me to this band called Walking The Cadaver. Holy shit it's terrible.
Here's a song for those with virgin ears:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzMgYkBeogc

It's 'Waking the Cadaver'. I don't know if yours was a typo or you genuinely think it's what you posted. 'Walking the Cadaver' would be a very strange band name.

And yea, their music is terrible.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:21 pm 

I even know hardliner sXe kids who sport hockey masks and soda can sized gauges who shit on that awful band. That really says something about them, doesn't it?

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:21 pm 

They're releasing a new album? Wouldn't have known if not for you, MT. Compared to a couple of years ago, these guys seem to have been completely forgotten (and for good).

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:26 pm 

Well today pretty much sucked. I won't go into details but our house is being foreclosed on and we're moving. Well, the rest of the family is; I've made the decision to go live with my dad down the street, while the rest of the family is probably gonna end up in a shitty little place in inner city Bristol because that's probably all my mom can afford. If that's the case, then my oldest younger brother is coming to live with me and my dad as well, as he goes to school in our current town and does sports and everything. It's just a really bad, shitty situation that could've been easily averted. VERY easily averted.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 pm 

It seriously sucks to know that, Subrick. Hope that you and your family get over it as soon as possible. Hang in there, man!

MalignantThrone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 pm 

shouvince wrote:
It's 'Waking the Cadaver'. I don't know if yours was a typo or you genuinely think it's what you posted. 'Walking the Cadaver' would be a very strange band name.

Hahaha, sounds like some something you'd hear from the more avant-garde side of the BM scene. :lol:

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:49 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
It seriously sucks to know that, Subrick. Hope that you and your family get over it as soon as possible. Hang in there, man!

Thank you for your kind words. The thing is I've grown up in this house. I've lived here since I was 3 years old, and the whole situation that's led to us being forced to leave it is infuriating because the only reason we're being kicked out is through a certain person's pure apathy and lack of care for their own family. I know no other home. It was inevitable since I'm getting older and would eventually leave anyway, but I didn't think it would be both this soon and under these circumstances.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:53 pm 

Can't say I fully understand your predicament (I feel no attachment for the place I live in), but it sounds like it's a really big deal for you and your family. For now, I'd say that you guys should worry about supporting each other and having a roof over your heads. The rest is secondary. Again, I seriously hope that this situation ends as soon as possible.

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:01 am 

Quote:
And what, dare I ask, would constitute a Connecticut poser besides not eating pizza in New Haven? Not getting sick of seeing Linda McMahon signs even after the election's over?

Like not ever going to Mystic Seaport or using Metro North to go to NYC? LOL. New Haven has fucking awesome stuff in it bro. Of like the 4-5 most important institutions of food in the whole state, two of them are in New Haven with Louis' Lunch and Pepe's (or Sally's just down the street). Yale has some awesome museums. Only the most shook of shook ass white folk avoid New Haven. It's way fucking better than Hartford.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:08 am 

shouvince wrote:

Walking the Cadaver sounds like a new yo-yo trick that involves a dead man's dick being dragged along the pavement.
Also, I'm reminded of Walking the Dog by Rufus Thomas constantly as I picture this.

FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:14 am 

Walking the Cadaver brings up images of a man putting a corpse on a leash and dragging it around. Or a zombie.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:28 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
shouvince wrote:

Hahaha, sounds like some something you'd hear from the more avant-garde side of the BM scene. :lol:

Yes, it would :P
Also, it WAS an accident. The "L" is right next to the "K", and I'm still not entirely used to my new keyboard :/

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:07 am 

I'll be going to Las Vegas tomorrow :hyper:

I'll be sure to take hella pictures. I plan on making a "Fallout: New Vegas" sight seeing tour along the way.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 780, 781, 782, 783, 784, 785, 786 ... 827  Next