Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 pm 

Subrick, was posting that really, unavoidably, absolutely, imperatively, somehow in a funky esoteric sense necessary? Like, seriously? It's embarrassing to all of us, not just the artist.

People, I'd like you to drop discussing such absolute shit here, unless it has real amusement value, which that video does not have. There's plenty of nice things to discuss, like daffodils, beavers, love, camping, BBQ, bicycling, metal, beer, metal, gerbils in microwave ovens, fire trucks, metal, beer, woodworking, cemeteries, ladders, botany, gamma rays, that annoying feeling you get when you drink too much water in one gulp and feel like you swallowed a golf ball, beer, your favourite salads, beer and metal, Spanish politics, shoveling things, steel manufacturing, Portland cement, lichen, shoe sizes, football, armpit ellipsoid (for the US people), upholstery, periodic table, fine cutlery in the 18th century, ice fishing, lathing carrots to make a vegan menorah, beer, coffee, paper jams in copiers, putting Aussies in upside-down concentration camps, zits, brain freeze, potato cannons, and whether or not you should have your blood type carved on your Zippo. As examples. Freestyle, dudes!

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:24 pm 

Napero, isn't talking about steel manufacturing technically the same as talking about metal? :-P

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm 

godsonsafari wrote:

MRI? Double check with your MD as to what they're ordering. MRIs of the sinuses basically don't work well. CT scans are preferred for sinusitis. Downside is radiation, but the MRI is gonna image that crappily. Just sayin'.

Interesting, yeah I'll have to double check with them, I just remember them saying a head scan, don't recall if they said it was an MRI or a CT scan.
Edit: Just checked and yeah they ordered a CT scan not an MRI.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:21 pm 

I'm on board with putting Aussies in upside down concentration camps. Possibly on some far away desert island so there doesn't need to be a fence or any guards. You could even let them run the place themselves, the suckers.

godsonsafari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:43 pm 

I don't imagine you'll have any issues getting an authorization for a CT scan, slayerhatesusall. They're a good deal cheaper than MRIs and based on your symptoms you sound like someone who should easily meet the criteria. Should be a fairly short scan time too. I figured I'd ask because tbh if your MD ordered an MRI of the sinuses you should probably find a new doctor.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 pm 

Napero wrote:
that annoying feeling you get when you drink too much water in one gulp and feel like you swallowed a golf ball, armpit ellipsoid (for the US people), lathing carrots to make a vegan menorah, putting Aussies in upside-down concentration camps, whether or not you should have your blood type carved on your Zippo.

These were the best. I'd heard "handegg" plenty by my smartass European friend, but "armpit ellipsoid" strikes me as funnier.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:20 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
I'm on board with putting Aussies in upside down concentration camps. Possibly on some far away desert island so there doesn't need to be a fence or any guards. You could even let them run the place themselves, the suckers.

Isn't Australia already a far away desert island?

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 pm 

That's the joke, dumbass.

Damn, I have a compressed semester and I had 3 classes today (8hr30 to 19pm), I'm dead.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:22 pm 

godsonsafari wrote:
I don't imagine you'll have any issues getting an authorization for a CT scan, slayerhatesusall. They're a good deal cheaper than MRIs and based on your symptoms you sound like someone who should easily meet the criteria. Should be a fairly short scan time too. I figured I'd ask because tbh if your MD ordered an MRI of the sinuses you should probably find a new doctor.

Yeah thanks for the tip, didn't hurt to double check. This doctor I currently have is nice luckily, he actually prescribed me the meds I needed unlike the previous jerk of a doctor I had before who thought I would sell my meds. Hopefully this will be approved, the doctor said it would probably take 7-10 days to be approved, currently I can't listen to more then 10 minutes of music without making my head pain much worse.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:04 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

Wow :lol: the brains on this guy. We love it, thash.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:23 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

o_O :durr:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:52 pm 

What I'd like to do to Thash.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 pm 

Why stop at an eel though, Tony? Use a lamprey instead. A live lamprey!

PS: I don't really have anything against Thash, but that was a seriously stupid comment.

OceanOfViolence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:28 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Damn, I have a compressed semester and I had 3 classes today (8hr30 to 19pm), I'm dead.

Same here, I have 5 classes one after another from 9:30 AM to 5 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I set it up that way so I can just go from home instead of living in the bumfuck town my school is in. It's actually working pretty well, but there's a LOT of work I gotta get done for one day.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:50 am 

Getting really fucking tired of the "objective" review mentality on Metal Music Archives.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:37 am 

Quote:
METALMUSICARCHIVES.COM (MMA) intends to be a complete and powerful Metal music resource. You can find Metal artists discographies from 11802 bands & artists, 55169 releases, ratings and reviews from members who also participate in our forum.

Are there always exactly as many releases, ratings and reviews on this MMA?

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:11 pm 

...Are the forums working again? The main site is still dead as fuck, but having the forums back is promising.

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:13 pm 

Well, you are posting. And so am I. Hopefully this can be cleared up by tomorrow. I got really bored on Facebook and had no homework to do.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:30 pm 

Wow. All this time I thought it was thRashierthanthou until I noticed two people make the "typo", Thash.
I looked at his username, and, sure enough, I am blind.

So, wtf happened to this place all day? Do you realize I did productive shit today because I couldn't see this forum?
I even cooked for people today. Fuck you.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:26 am 

You would have earned it though. Furthermore, we are NOT entirely a desert island, there's just not a lot going on away from the coastal areas, and Tasmania has no deserts.

With the site having a moment, it sure made it hard to cross reference things I was actually buying online at the time :lol: :|

My collection

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:27 am 

That metal music archives site looks gay as fuck.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:29 am 

Total eyesore :thumbsdown:

My collection

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:30 am 

Looks a lot cleaner looking than Prog Archives at least. But ads = fail.

Said some other negative stuff earlier today, but this site's downtime must have deleted it.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:40 am 

MalignantThrone wrote:
...Are the forums working again? The main site is still dead as fuck, but having the forums back is promising.

STILL FUCKING DEAD... STILL FUCKING DEEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:45 am 

IT'S BACK! PRAISE BELIAL!

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 am 

Wilytank wrote:
Looks a lot cleaner looking than Prog Archives at least. But ads = fail.

Said some other negative stuff earlier today, but this site's downtime must have deleted it.

Please stop bitching about other sites here, thanks.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:48 am 

Quote:
METALMUSICARCHIVES.COM (MMA) intends to be a complete and powerful Metal music resource. You can find Metal artists discographies from 11802 bands & artists, 55169 releases, ratings and reviews from members who also participate in our forum.

MA main page wrote:
There are currently 88917 bands

Long way to go, MMA.

Site was down, and I still didn't get anything done. Cool.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:54 am 

OzzyApu wrote:

Same here, instead of lurking for hours I ended up sitting on my ass and playing Guild Wars 2 all day. Funny how that works!

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:11 am 

The forum is back! Now everything in the world is right again.....

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:15 am 

Razakel wrote:
STILL FUCKING DEAD... STILL FUCKING DEEEEAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

Ahaha :lol: awesome...

My collection

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:35 am 

LlamaTrainer wrote:
OzzyApu wrote:

Same here, instead of lurking for hours I ended up sitting on my ass and playing Guild Wars 2 all day. Funny how that works!

No force on god's green earth can stop me from being a lazy piece of shit

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:44 am 

Sucks that the forum went down along with the band pages, I needed to use some of them to help me find out some info on some albums I wanted to buy. Oh well, you all weren't in the fetal position while the site was down?

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:54 am 

I played with all of my mantises today. They were sad that MA was down. They are metal mantises, after all. Even the Orchids being all cute and pink and such.

Now the site is back, and the mantises express their elation by wiggling their antennae.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:45 am 

My review for Pallbearer's Sorrow and Extinction which was in queue seems to be lost. :cry: The forum seems fine but the main site still ain't working for me.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 am 

Tis a good idea to always save reviews on your own hard drive. I have several written that I haven't even submitted to MA yet as drafts because I'm a lazy bum.

How did you get your custom title, by the way?

Speaking of which, it's about time I get a new one. "REALITY IS A LIE" just doesn't suit me anymore.

"Keeper of the Metal Mantises"...?

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:01 am 

Goatfangs wrote:
Tis a good idea to always save reviews on your own hard drive. I have several written that I haven't even submitted to MA yet as drafts because I'm a lazy bum.

How did you get your custom title, by the way?

Speaking of which, it's about time I get a new one. "REALITY IS A LIE" just doesn't suit me anymore.

"Keeper of the Metal Mantises"...?

Yea, should've saved it on hdd. :ugh: About the custom title, I just made it up and asked Azmodes. :)
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:01 am 

"Can I play with Mantiiisss!!"

My collection

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:03 am 

doomster999 wrote:
My review for Pallbearer's Sorrow and Extinction which was in queue seems to be lost. :cry: The forum seems fine but the main site still ain't working for me.

I hope you gave it under 20%. Such an uninteresting and plodding album.

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
doomster999 wrote:

I hope you gave it under 20%. Such an uninteresting and plodding album.

Sure was no Black Dahlia Murder.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:07 am 

Apples and oranges. As an exercise in writing good doom, it failed.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 782, 783, 784, 785, 786, 787, 788 ... 827  Next