Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:15 am 

ModusOperandi wrote:
If he paid you a bear, then a review of no less than 89% would probably return the favor to equal standing.

If someone paid me a bear, they would definitely get something above 95%. Bears don't come cheap.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:16 am 

A recent post in another thread got me to watch that retarded Liturgy interview again. Good fucking god, this is the stupidest interview I've ever seen. The hilarious breaks in this douchebag's pseudo-philosophy however come when they show the entire band in frame, and all of them are listening to this guy talk and they all have looks on their faces that indicate that they want to throw him out of a window.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:17 am 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
No guitarist with the smallest sense of self-respect would get even near those talentless fucks, Henk.

Do you really need so much of an ego boost to dump on fourteen year-olds? Look, it was a terrible idea. But they're also not supposed to be accomplished musicians at their age. Sheesh.

That's a funny statement - "they're not supposed to be accomplished musicians at their age". I'd replace 'supposed' with 'expected'.

There are always exceptions to such things, for instance remember that band of 13 year olds who covered Freezing Moon!
Spoiler: show

I agree with Bastard on this one. We all sucked at our instruments when we were starting out, which is why in that 'worst cover' thread, I avoided posting shitty cover videos by amateurs.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:56 am 

http://imgur.com/gallery/lMG3Bwg :headbang:
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:07 am 

shouvince wrote:
There are always exceptions to such things, for instance remember that band of 13 year olds who covered Freezing Moon!

That scythe is METAAAL! Those guys kicked ass!

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:15 am 

I can't watch the new Incantation video because it's blocked in my country :durr:
It's a fucking official release!!!
Fuck Youtube for cowardly licking the balls of GEMA and then act all innocent, and fuck GEMA in particular. That organization needs to die :grr:

For those uninformed: The German society for musical performing and mechanical reproduction rights is so stuffed with morons, they think it's their job to prevent all and every playing of music in public they haven't granted the rights for, because in their eyes everyone is guilty of license infringement until proven otherwise. At some point Youtube just started blocking all videos with music in them because they didn't want to deal with GEMA. Now e.g. 60% of all viral Youtube videos are blocked. It's ridiculous.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:00 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
I can't watch the new Incantation video because it's blocked in my country :durr:
It's a fucking official release!!!
Fuck Youtube for cowardly licking the balls of GEMA and then act all innocent, and fuck GEMA in particular. That organization needs to die :grr:

You mean this one?

Have you tried some tunneling websites?

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:20 pm 

I can see it just fine. I always figured it was America that was the homeland of not being able to see officially uploaded videos from artists. It's not bad if you were wondering. Although the vocals are a step away from "breebreebree" garbage

Hmph. I have to go to Barstow for a speeding ticket in March. At eight in the morning. Barstow is approximately two hours from here. And I have class that evening. I'm gonna look up online and see if I can just pay the fine because it's pretty much uncontestable. Remember kids, don't go 86 in a 65 zone.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:18 pm 

Crick wrote:
Let's all stop talking about serious things and watch this man cook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mm_5Z__TjQ

Anger management issues, much?

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:20 pm 

That video. What the fuck :lol:

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:33 pm 

Oh I missed that video. It's still missing sriracha sauce!

Spoiler: show
Here's to dragging the fuck out of old jokes :beer:

What do you all think of Equilibrium? I've been listening to them for the greater part of today.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 pm 

I like some stuff by them. I'm not huge on folk metal as a whole though, so they aren't a frequent listen from me.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:58 pm 

Concerning the band Mortal Kombat: "Heavy Metal with Hardcore Punk/Oi! influences"

...Really? Really?!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 pm 

The first thing I thought when I saw that band was, "fuck trademark!"
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:07 pm 

I love how their lyrical themes are "society, politics, usual life" instead of, say, "blood, gore, brutality".

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:14 pm 

shouvince wrote:
What do you all think of Equilibrium? I've been listening to them for the greater part of today.

Love them, absolutely fantastic band.

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:19 pm 

Any fans of Novembre? What's up with them? Did they split up? They didn't even update their homepage since the tour with Evergrey in 2009.
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:23 pm 

Fast_Kill wrote:
Shit, and I thought that Run to the Hills cover was crap. The whole thing was a mess, the fifteen years old bitch scream, the monkey dancing, the "look at me, Im jumping off the drums shit like a fucking frog". The band was shit too, how they just mess the whole thing. Great crowd though.

The fact that the audience seems legitimately impressed makes the whole thing pretty surreal. :|

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:25 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
I love how their lyrical themes are "society, politics, usual life" instead of, say, "blood, gore, brutality".

Haha, "usual life". I checked their websites. Funnily, they've suffixed 'bend' after mortalkombat. Is that 'band' in Serbian?

http://www.youtube.com/mortalkombatbend
http://mortalkombatbend.com/

Edit: Yes it is.

Last edited by shouvince on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:26 pm 

doomster999 wrote:
Any fans of Novembre? What's up with them? Did they split up? They didn't even update their homepage since the tour with Evergrey in 2009.

They came into their senses, stopped playing and disappeared, I hope. :P

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:30 pm 

Peter Steele, Albert Witchfinder, Mark Shelton, Bobby from Brocas Helm, Simon Thoth, Terry Jones, the dude from Deep Switch...all my favorite bands had/have vocalists who rolled their R's.

I need this to be searchable criteria on MA!

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:43 pm 

inhumanist wrote:
http://imgur.com/gallery/lMG3Bwg :headbang:

Why in the fuck is Death Angel on that list?

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:46 pm 

Because death is totally satan, and angels have nothing to do with it, and alluding death to angels puts the Catholic faith in a bad light.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:53 pm 

"Mighty Sphincter"? What, is his ass cannon-like in its expelling power?

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:57 pm 

OzzyApu wrote:
The first thing I thought when I saw that band was, "fuck trademark!"

They should release a split with Doom.

doomster999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:09 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
doomster999 wrote:

They came into their senses, stopped playing and disappeared, I hope. :P

Wow, that simple! Why didn't I think of that before! :-P
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:28 pm 

I saw The Residents last night on their 40th anniversary tour. First of all, just think of that: forty goddamn years (continuously!) as a band. Not many bands reach that mark. And certainly not many can reach that mark and still put on a damn good live show. Randy did a good job of going through the history of the band while tying the songs together into a singular concept (which isn't easy when you've got so many concept albums). There were inflatable Christmas decorations, there were cats, there were dildos, and there was a nearly two-hour set! Basically, it was everything I was hoping for. I spent somewhere in the ballpark of $150 on merch, too. They had a fucking awesome selection of past and present albums, and I couldn't pass that shit up. Plus an eyeball shirt. Gotta get an eyeball shirt.

Mysticaloldbard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:00 pm 

Usually, when I shovel snow, I dress heavily, but by the end of the day I'm in a t-shirt, because I get sweaty and weighed down. This evening I thought I'd skip the trouble of putting on winter garments and dress light. Bad idea. The sun had gone down and the wind had picked up, making things miserable. If I could have brought one more article of clothing, it'd be a wool hat, as my ears were burning red and I thought they'd chip off if I fiddled with them. What I ended up doing is fashioning my scarf (I had enough sense to wear that) around my mouth, so that I'd be breathing hot air into my face. Well, the condensation filtered upwards and fogged up my glasses. So, I'm shoveling by the light of the freezing moon, I've got funeral fog in my eyes, and there are snow flurries: I can't see jack. Hypothermia finally kicked in and I was feeling a lot warmer, but the first half hour was brutal. Ugh. Black metal suffering.

Slaytanic55
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:06 pm 

OK so I'm really wondering if my copy of Agent Orange is a first press. It came in awesome condition, can't remember if it still had the wrapping or not though. But I checked on discogs and everything seems to check out. Right SPV, UPC, etc. But I ordered it at this Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000 ... UTF8&psc=1. Maybe I bought it used and the seller didn't know that it was a first press? Any help would be appreciated.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:14 pm 

So Dax Riggs was in the new Jason Statham movie (whatever it's called, they're all interchangeable) As a fanboy, I find that really cool. Hopefully it will give him much needed exposure.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:25 pm 

Slaytanic, I made this thread for these kind of questions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92986

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:36 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
So Dax Riggs was in the new Jason Statham movie (whatever it's called, they're all interchangeable) As a fanboy, I find that really cool. Hopefully it will give him much needed exposure.

Wow. I never knew he acted. I'll keep an eye out for that. That guy deserves all the laurels and recognition. I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy but I love his solo stuff and also the Deadboy tunes as well! And of course, Acid Bath obviously.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 pm 

haha, my phrasing must have not been to great there. He's not acting in it, but he's playing in one of the scenes and there's a bunch of shots of him. I couldn't fathom him acting. It would probably be pretty funny based on his interviews.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:55 pm 

Aaah. Haha, yea you were kinda off with your phrasing and what you meant :) But nonetheless, it's great that he's getting some mainstream air time. Hope there are people sensible enough to google about his performance/scene.

Slaytanic55
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Slaytanic, I made this thread for these kind of questions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=92986

My mistake. I'll go there now.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:18 am 

:ugh:

I have band practice tomorrow and I feel like absolute, total fucking shit. I think I got the flu or something but whatever it is all I could play tonight was Powerviolence stuff which isn't at all what I'm going for. My arms feel like deadweights. I guess added to that expect a rough demo rehearsal in the next few months. I have enough material for three or so songs of Atmospheric Black Metal stuff similar to Yoga.

Southern Freeze
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:58 am 

on a different subject, is Norwegian television really going to play a fire place burning for 12 hours o_O

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:26 am 

In the last week-and-a-bit I've seen Dead can Dance, Swans, Godspeed you! black emperor, My bloody valentine and Einsturzende Neubauten. In a heatwave. In Australia.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

doomster999

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:38 am 

shouvince wrote:
Necroticism174 wrote:

Wow. I never knew he acted. I'll keep an eye out for that. That guy deserves all the laurels and recognition. I wouldn't say I'm a fanboy but I love his solo stuff and also the Deadboy tunes as well! And of course, Acid Bath obviously.

Nah he doesn't act. I've heard rumours about it. The movie is Parker btw. He's probably uncredited.

Last.fm

Last edited by doomster999 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:46 am 

Scorntyrant wrote:
In the last week-and-a-bit I've seen Dead can Dance, Swans, Godspeed you! black emperor, My bloody valentine and Einsturzende Neubauten. In a heatwave. In Australia.

Crap. I forgot about GY!BE. And I don't really know where to look to see when DCD are playing.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 809, 810, 811, 812, 813, 814, 815 ... 827  Next