Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
battle_axes
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:48 am 

Does anyone know what the deal is with German band Nocte Obducta and pineapples? There are pineapples in their band photos, in their album art, and on their merchandise, and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:58 am 

:lol: That's very peculiar. They ought to desecrate pineapples in their live performances...or have rituals.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Thought I might take a moment to recommend some recent quality blackened death metal that might've slipped under quite a few radars here: Embrace of Thorns' Praying for Absolution. It's not boundary-pushing by any stretch, but it's very confidently executed, solid bestial goatfuckery that I'm sure would be right up several of your streets and I would be remiss in failing to comment on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-8T-0wUW2k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGv85XoJr5A

You're welcome. And good night! May you sleep well, next to your goats.

Not under my radar matey. Bought it as soon as I could:
Spoiler: show

My collection

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 am 

battle_axes wrote:
Does anyone know what the deal is with German band Nocte Obducta and pineapples? There are pineapples in their band photos, in their album art, and on their merchandise, and I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why.

Judging by their band photo here, it doesn't seem like they feel the need to make any sense.
Napero wrote:
OK, it seems there's a non-priest crazy old woman Lutheran exorcist getting attention in Finland. I'm so proud of my country again.

A bloody exorcist? As in, a "I drive demons out of people" exorcist?! :lol:

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:43 am 

I just made the mistake of wandering into the "Suggestions and Complaints" subforum... it's an angry place which makes me sad. I need to stop absent mindedly browsing it. :P

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:54 am 

Ancient_Sorrow wrote:
I just made the mistake of wandering into the "Suggestions and Complaints" subforum... it's an angry place which makes me sad. I need to stop absent mindedly browsing it. :P

Earlier this month a dude was insisting for the inclusion of his dark ambient project on MA. Hilarious series of convo between him and Azmodes. :lol:
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 am 

Angry people who don't entirely know their shit, arguing furiously with people who very firmly do always sits somewhere between depressing and amusing.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:24 am 

Metantoine wrote:
Yeah, good album, U_S. I got it when I bought some stuff on NWN during their xmas sale. Probably, the worst album I got from that haul though. I'm too lazy to type them so here's the pic I posted on the Purchases thread. This Ignivomous album is the shit!

http://i.imgur.com/X44Qg.jpg?2

What all ya got there, Twon? I see Ignivomous, Dead Congregation, Ares Kingdom, Embrace of Thorns, but...can't make out the last two.

You know I'd probably take this Embrace of Thorns album over Contragenesis or Graves of the Archangels at this moment. Those are very well done albums for what they are, but there's something about their respective styles that I find kind of numbing and boring despite their furious pummelry. I'd have to revisit Dead Congregation though, Ignivomous is fresher in my mind and they're not a band I have any intention of rushing back to anytime soon.

Gelseth_Andrano
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 am 

Looks like I might be moving into a gorgeous custom built home in the middle of the country with 3 awesome roommies. Place is massive and looks classy as hell. We'll be able be as loud as we wish, at any given time, and no one will be around to complain about it. Plus, I'll be able to play metal around the house for once, which will be fantastic. Just a few more month of living at my old man's place, then I'm home free (so to speak).

The_Beast_In_Black wrote:
I touch ladies all the time.
Ladies can't get enough of my touchings

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:35 am 

Clean energy, everyone!
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:07 am 

battle_axes wrote:

Well, that's obviously a HIMYM reference.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:13 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

I heard about this on NPR the other day... Basically what I got from the clip was "It's okay because it's not an immediate threat to health and the environment."

Typical. :nono:

WaywardSon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:46 pm 

inhumanist wrote:

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:54 pm 

@Starmere, It's Faustcoven, great black/doom.

Oh man, oh man! I'm very excited for the Wings of Metal festival in August. I highly suggest everyone near Montréal should come!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

Oh man, oh man! I'm very excited for the Wings of Metal festival in August. I highly suggest everyone near Montréal should come!

The only festival I've got coming up is Stella Natura outside of Tahoe. Not until September so we'll see if I go or not. There's a great line up this year. Fire & Ice and Velnias! Should be killer.

Fast_Kill
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:21 pm 

So Manilla Road will be playing along Ketzer and Vicious Rumours in Madrid A couple of months from now. I cant explain how fucking Lucky I feel, Im one of those Manilla Road fanboys. Im celebrating with some beers while singing Flaming Metal System, but not like I´ve done before, I got this "upcoming epic battle" feeling I cant shake.

Goosebumps man...

Edit: Also Ketzer is a great black/ thrash hybrid I really enjoy. I haven´t heard Vicious Rumors, any recomendations where to start, or if they are any good at all, since I dont like power metal (Stuff like, Rhapsody, Edguy, Stratovarius and bands like that)?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:32 pm 

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/to ... -meat.html

Wow. What a dick fucking move.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:36 pm 

Looks like my band is opening for Jucifer and Aseethe in three weeks. This should be fun.

Atrocious_Mutilation
7mL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:10 pm 

I just checked out the latest reviews and noticed some guy giving Aryan Terrorism's album a 100%. And judging from the guy's username, you can tell he's going to be trouble if and when he makes the switch to the forums.

EDIT: Found the guy's band. It look so generic and stereotypical that that it could give Jewicide a run for its money. Replace the Bible with Mein Kampf? Really? :lol:
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Rig ... 3540360347

Last edited by Atrocious_Mutilation on Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:25 pm 

Guys and girls, I have a question. Does a cd version of Leeches of Lore - Frenzy, Ecstasy exist? Their bandcamp only sells a vinyl and digital release. I don't have a vinyl player, and I really don't want to pay money for digital mp3's.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:31 pm 

No, they're not a rich band, send them money! I wonder why you didn't PMed me though :(

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:41 pm 

I was thinking of PM'ing you, but I thought it would be better to just throw it into the FFA. Thanks for responding so fast though, I know you love this band. Ok, so no cd version..... I guess I could try and persuade my dad into giving me his vinyl player. :-P And if that doesn't work out I can always buy the digital release.

~Guest 183305
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:15 pm 

Subrick wrote:
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/health-dept-homeless-cant-eat-deer-meat.html

Wow. What a dick fucking move.
When did the United States ever give two fucks about the homeless. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:26 pm 

What the hell did I just watch...

Scientifically Accurate Spider Man

:eek: :lol:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:46 pm 

Metantoine wrote:

Mm...hm hmm...mmyess...myes of course...myes...thank you, my good Twong, mai will look into this, em, eh...most soon. Mmthank you.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 pm 

holy crap, just popped over to Sunderland's page and I wanna say, thank you to all of you who have been listening to the hell of out it. ~2000 plays in two weeks. When you do the math - that's around 32,000 minutes of my music out there in the world (over a ~20,000 minute period!). Also, hella thanks to those that managed to buy some.

SUNDERLAND IS BEYOND SPACE AND TIME SO NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO JOIN IN ON THE FUN.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:59 am 

So it turns out country rap is a thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrH_KXBZVtg

Not sure it gets more white trash than that.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:03 am 

"Country rap" ain't a new thing. Never heard of Bubba Sparxxx? Kid fuckin' Rock?

Yeah, it ain't a good genre.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:34 am 

Ah fuck, forgot about Kid Rock, pretty fucking obvious. Didn't realize Bubba Sparxxx had elements of country, honestly I just know them for that one song. Anyway "Country Boy Fresh" is one of the silliest song titles that were meant to be serious I've ever heard.

Ribos
Radioactive Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:35 am 

Fast_Kill wrote:
I haven´t heard Vicious Rumors, any recomendations where to start, or if they are any good at all, since I dont like power metal (Stuff like, Rhapsody, Edguy, Stratovarius and bands like that)?

Are Vicious Rumors "any good at all?"

YOU FUCKING TELL ME.

(the answer is yes, by the way)

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:43 am 

Oh shit... or well, shit?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21591696
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:55 am 

I guess it's better than three strikes. :ugh:

How's er'body feel about Moonspell? I'll be seeing them open for Marduk in a few days and I'm not so sure. I flicked through a few songs on youtube and they didn't really grab me. Is there a particular album or anything I should check out?

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 am 

Always was a fan of Moonspell, the first half of The Antidote is a collection of some of my favorite songs by them, but Wolfheart is a classic man, and Under Satanae is a blast.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:11 am 

OzzyApu wrote:

The dinosaurs are making a feeble attempt to hold on to increasingly fleeting power. The old model of the music industry shall be over with soon enough.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 am 

OzzyApu wrote:

:crash:

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:29 am 

shouvince wrote:
What the hell did I just watch...

Scientifically Accurate Spider Man

:eek: :lol:

Ohhh... ahahahaha!! My sides! That was fucking hilarious :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Check this one out.

My collection

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:31 am 

Hahaha! Death metal bacon :lol:

I'm subscribing to their videos now. I had only checked out the spidey video but it looks like they got some really funny and crazy material.

Fast_Kill
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:27 am 

Ribos wrote:
Fast_Kill wrote:
I haven´t heard Vicious Rumors, any recomendations where to start, or if they are any good at all, since I dont like power metal (Stuff like, Rhapsody, Edguy, Stratovarius and bands like that)?

Are Vicious Rumors "any good at all?"

YOU FUCKING TELL ME.

(the answer is yes, by the way)

Thanx for the link, great song.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:58 am 

I've only had four guitar lessons, but I feel a hell of a lot better now that I have. Playing guitar has actually become a hell of a lot of fun, rather than just frustration at not being able to play anything. Improved more in 4 weeks than in the last year. Straight forward 80's metal style rather than more extreme than I'd like, but a hell of a lot of fun. Ordered within temptation tickets for January too, and they were half the price I was expecting them to be seeing as it's Wembley Arena.

Also is facebook completely fucked for anyone else? I can't post in groups, or use the chat. Trying to see if anyone else at my uni's rock/metal society is going to Cloud Rat in Margate next month. My phones broken as well atm, so difficult to contact people back home.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:54 am 

I was reading the newspaper yesterday and noticed that we are getting visited by Satan's Host and a bunch of my fellow countrymen are trying to get the show canceled because there's "Satan" in the title. If you think that's stupid consider that the journalist who wrote the article kept referring to the band as a "metallic rock" group (what the fuck is that?) and also we got Kult ov Azazel 2 years ago and nobody protested because cristians here know absolutely nothing about christianity. My anger is two-fold: the general stupidity of people and not being able to go to the show.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 822, 823, 824, 825, 826, 827  Next