Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm 

bassistneededlolnot wrote:
Is it just on one side of your face? I guess it could be the laundry detergent you washed your pillow case with.

Nah, it's all over. At least I could pull off a Two Face if it were like you describe it :lol:
Calusari wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:
Damnit, I've had this rash on my face for the last three days that simply doesn't want to go and I look like motherfucking Freddy Krueger right now. I don't even want to leave the house due to how bloody bad it looks. Fuck.

Dude, just go to a doctor; it's not worth dragging it out.

Exactly what I'm going to do as soon as I can. It doesn't burn or anything, but I fucking hate it.
FasterDisaster on me hating Origin wrote:
Not everybody can have a good taste in metal, so tell me what that's like?

Man, it's okay if you like 'em, but seriously, can't you see how someone else wouldn't be able to digest them? I mean, I just find them to be pure style and no substance; unnecessarily over the top harsh vocals, endless blasting, and all out brutality for the sake of it. And if you're going to attack my taste in metal, you could start by my love of Nevermore and Iced Earth :wink: :-P

Veracs
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:21 pm 

Origin's first four albums are all complete shit, but their newest at least had them attempting to add variety instead of the pointless wanking, Longstreth's hyperblast nonsense, and weak riffs.

Thing is, Suicide Silence actually are more sonically massive than a good 95% of all the death metal bands in the Archives! Not metal, sure, but definitely a lot more brutal.

Under_Starmere wrote:
Manowar aren't the Kings of Metal. They're pretenders to a throne that doesn't exist.!

Roxyben
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm 

I used to be pretty "meh" about Origin. Then I saw them live.

Same here. Seeing them live changed everything for me. Couldn't stop thinking about that gig for weeks. Still think about it.

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:54 pm 

Quote:
Just been confirmed. They're playing the Cathouse in March!

Great! I've heard very mixed things about the sound in the Cathouse as a venue, but I've never had a gig spoilt outright by bad-sound before, so I'll be optimistic.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Is it just on one side of your face? I guess it could be the laundry detergent you washed your pillow case with.

Nah, it's all over. At least I could pull off a Two Face if it were like you describe it :lol:

Post pics.

Spoiler: show
kheekheekhee

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:18 pm 

Forget it. I'd rather post pictures of my grandfather's ass.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:20 pm 

The drama in the Selling and Buying board is just too good.

Lol

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:23 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Forget it. I'd rather post pictures of my grandfather's ass.

Haha, still better than yer face?

Spoiler: show
Ok man, just kidding before you take this shit seriously :)

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:25 pm 

Don't worry, I know you're kidding :lol:

I'm usually not very conscious of my own image, but my face is not something that I enjoyed being messed with. That's why I'm going to the doctor as soon as I get an appointment.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:45 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
I'm usually not very conscious of my own image, but my face is not something that I enjoyed being messed with. That's why I'm going to the doctor as soon as I get an appointment.

What's wrong with your face?

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:46 pm 

I have a rash that has reduced me to a cheap Freddy Krueger knock off, that's what.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:52 pm 

FD, do you put more than a nanosecond of thought into your posts? It was being talked about for a couple posts and was initially explained not even a page back. Come on, man.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:00 pm 

Not right now, (at least not in the FFA for the time being). I've been gone for like a year.

I need to get my post count up! /joke

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:24 pm 

I saw Origin once live years ago and they were entertaining but Longstreth hits like a sissy and their recorded material is boring.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

Dylbean
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:47 pm 

Okay, here's the question. Buy a 3-day pass to the Maryland Deathfest right now? Or wait until they release more 4-day passes on Tuesday and try to grab one, which is a bit more risky? I don't want them to run out of both before I get a chance to buy, or I'd really be screwed.

Anyone have any advice?

sabbathfan4993
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 pm 

Dylbean wrote:
Okay, here's the question. Buy a 3-day pass to the Maryland Deathfest right now? Or wait until they release more 4-day passes on Tuesday and try to grab one, which is a bit more risky? I don't want them to run out of both before I get a chance to buy, or I'd really be screwed.

Anyone have any advice?

Try to get a 4-day on Tuesday and if they run out buy a 3-day?

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:02 pm 

Damn, Bolt Thrower are playing on Thursday. You'd miss that with the 3 day pass.

Your options:

1) Wait and get the 4 day pass. If that fails then get the 3 day pass...even if that gets sold out then your only choice would be to buy the individual days tickets. You'll have to shell out $10 more on the whole as compared to the 3 day pass ticket ($165-$155). Or the 4 day tickets individually, whichever is your preference.

2) Buy the 3 day ticket now...and get the single day thursday ticket when it's out on tuesday.

3) If you have cash to spare, buy the 3 day pass now...and when the 4 day pass is released on Tuesday, buy those as well...and then sell off the 3 day pass? But you'll have to ensure getting someone to buy it.

I'd say, go with option 1 or if you're feeling lucky...go with option 3.

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:17 pm 

I am thinking about getting at least a thurday pass on tuesday but how much is it? I might not have enough due to me being paid biweekly.

If anything I'll just get a three day pass or somehow convince my parents to buy me a thrusday pass for my birthday since I'll be 21 a few weeks before MDF.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:20 pm 

Reading about you guys going to shows always gets me down. No one worth listening to comes within a 300 mile radius of this place. :lol: :cry:

OceanOfViolence
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:43 pm 

There's no rush to get the 3-day pass, those won't sell out since it covers both inside and outside of the Sonar. I'd suggest getting the 4-day if possible, but if not, get the Thursday only and get the 3-day pass when you have the money for it.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 pm 

VoidApostle wrote:
Reading about you guys going to shows always gets me down. No one worth listening to comes within a 300 mile radius of this place. :lol: :cry:

Same here. I have never seen a decent metal show in my life. One of the many reasons I can't wait to leave this fucking country some day.....

lord_ghengis
Still Standing After 38 Beers... hic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 pm 

Ignivomous, Portal and Marduk tomorrow for me :p

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:21 pm 

So, I use one of these every day at work, BUT today the thing exploded right next to my face and upper body peppering me with a mixture of (vapourised) catalyst and stainless steel wire shrapnel. Apart from the ringing in my ears, and some small cuts where the steel shards stuck into my forearm, I'm okay, and will be off work until monday.

My collection

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 pm 

Question for people with better knowledge on this than me: are the websites that say you can take out loans with low interest and longer payback times generally bullshit or are they legit?

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 pm 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
So, I use one of these every day at work, BUT today the thing exploded right next to my face and upper body peppering me with a mixture of (vapourised) catalyst and stainless steel wire shrapnel. Apart from the ringing in my ears, and some small cuts where the steel shards stuck into my forearm, I'm okay, and will be off work until monday.

Wow, you're lucky dude. That could have been bad.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 pm 

@ Subrick, I would generally be weary of online only lenders and try to stick to the banks if possible. Usually if it sounds too good to be true it is also if you have any inclining of something shady steer clear. I may be a bit paranoid since my identity got stolen a little bit ago though.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 am 

I rage every time orionmetalhead says something about social issues or politics. I should control myself better.

Edit: Glad you're ok, Crushed.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:30 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:

Sounds horrendous. :o What on earth is that thing, anyway?

Oh, and a bit late to the conversation, but I unashamedly love Origin. I had a phase where I listened almost exclusively to tech death; while my tastes have changed quite radically since then, Origin are one of the few bands in that style whose records I still really enjoy - especially 'Entity'. I just love bopping along to that album when I need an energy boost.

Last edited by Calusari on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:38 am 

Metantoine wrote:
I rage every time orionmetalhead says something about social issues or politics. I should control myself better.

I just read the post you're talking about and it physically hurt me, it was so stupid.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:43 am 

Calusari wrote:
CrushedRevelation wrote:

Sounds horrendous. :O What on earth is that thing, anyway?

It's a gun that shoots a fan of chopped fiberglass and resin, like this, and has a "normal" operating pressure of about 500psi. Today it somehow exceeded that, via a safety dump valve failure and almost blew parts of me off. The actual explosion almost knocked me over.

My collection

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:44 am 

I still like Antithesis a lot. The production is weird, the drums are pretty tinny, the vocals are way back in the mix but god damn it it's blistering. The Aftermath and Wrath of Vishnu just DO NOT RELENT. Also, those lazer sweeps.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:55 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:
It's a gun that shoots a fan of chopped fiberglass and resin, like this, and has a "normal" operating pressure of about 500psi. Today it somehow exceeded that, via a safety dump valve failure and almost blew parts of me off. The actual explosion almost knocked me over.

Ah, thanks; I'd never seen anything like it before. Good grief, glad you seem to be okay!

Subrick wrote:
Metantoine wrote:

I just read the post you're talking about and it physically hurt me, it was so stupid.

I feel like responding to him, actually. I've avoided that thread because it's likely to feature exactly the kinds of opinions that make me very, very mad; I should probably stay out of there. There are only so many angry online discussions I can handle.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:12 am 

CrushedRevelation wrote:

Glad it didn't get too serious man. Is the company compensating you for that accident in any other way apart from the days off?

On the topic of Origin, like many would say it's the debate of technical prowess vs music striking a chord (I don't mean that in a gay way). Ha. But yeah, I don't mind Origin's music even though they're not a band who I'd listen to quite frequently..

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:17 am 

BastardHead said it best when he said that Origin's really the only modern tech death band that can get away with going tweedly insane.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:23 am 

Calusari wrote:
Ah, thanks; I'd never seen anything like it before. Good grief, glad you seem to be okay!

Thanks (and necro too).

shouvince wrote:
Glad it didn't get too serious man. Is the company compensating you for that accident in any other way apart from the days off?

Cheers, no real need though, as I'm not injured nor impaired mentally by it (though it did leave me rather shaky for a while...). The days off will be very useful, and grateful however.

My collection

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 am 

Echoes of Decimation and Antithesis are a lot of fun when you're in the mood for that sort of thing. I heard a song off the most recent one and it was just boring...oh well, can't win em all I guess.

Calusari
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:39 am 

Honestly, I thought that the last album - 'Entity' - was their least tweedly (side note: always thought of that sound as more 'wheedly' than 'tweedly'), which is why I prefer it; Conceiving Death, for example, seems to at least reduce that high twiddling sound, which is the thing that annoys me most in tech death songs.

Det_Morkettall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:03 am 

Dammit, got kicked out, went downtown, decided there was nothing to do so I went back home. Goddamit winter.

Also, is it just me or are all record labels/bands missing out on having a bandcamp site? Seriously, bandcamp is an amazing service, why don't more musicians have it? Hell, it INCLINES me to buy music, and that's something that's rarely happened before. And it makes sense why it would do such a thing as well, since it's a website that appears in google, hosts downloads right in the site page (no reference back to iTunes or others), and is run by the actual musicians/rightsholders. Shit of the future, man, and good on M-A for finally making bandcamp releases/online releases valid :thumbsup:

Lol

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:48 am 

Det_Morkettall wrote:
Dammit, got kicked out, went downtown, decided there was nothing to do so I went back home. Goddamit winter.

Also, is it just me or are all record labels/bands missing out on having a bandcamp site? Seriously, bandcamp is an amazing service, why don't more musicians have it? Hell, it INCLINES me to buy music, and that's something that's rarely happened before. And it makes sense why it would do such a thing as well, since it's a website that appears in google, hosts downloads right in the site page (no reference back to iTunes or others), and is run by the actual musicians/rightsholders. Shit of the future, man, and good on M-A for finally making bandcamp releases/online releases valid :thumbsup:

NWN! is right behind it these days, as are Hells Headbangers.

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:16 am 

I just left caspian and his wife at the railway station, after they spent the night in our place on their extensive world tour. Much fun was had, and our kids liked the female Aussie a lot.

Nappy's Bed, Beer & Breakfast, a random place for various wandering weirdos since 2006.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 752, 753, 754, 755, 756, 757, 758 ... 827  Next