Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:49 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... Cm2WTrAfCk
Can't believe I missed this tour... Was stoked about it for months, but for some reason just forgot to go. It may be a once in a lifetime chance that I missed. :(

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

Ecliptik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:02 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GCm2WTrAfCk
Can't believe I missed this tour... Was stoked about it for months, but for some reason just forgot to go. It may be a once in a lifetime chance that I missed. :(

Dayum, Floor's got some spunk. That was a good performance.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:31 am 

Wow, Nightwish sucks. That was like, Lacuna Coil levels of bad.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:39 am 

I don't get mad at cops easily, and I don't usually get mad about being pulled over since I usually deserve it.

But today was one of those exceptions. I was doing 81 in a 65. Fair enough, I was speeding, that's the risk I run. Little lame because I was in the middle of a pack of cars all going the same speed but whatever, luck of the draw, still my bad. If I didn't want to get pulled over I shouldn't have been going more than five or so over. I don't get a warning, I get a ticket. Again, not a big deal, I've gotten off with warnings like five times in a row so I was definitely due (I'm always getting pegged for driving too fast or having a plate light out or something, it's a scarily common occurrence in my life). But the part that pisses me off is that he told me I have to post some sort of bond, be it by paying for the ticket in cash right then and there, giving him my license (which would be mailed back to me after I paid the ticket), or using a bond card (I have no clue what the fuck that is). He suggested just keeping my license, but I told him I'd rather just pay for it now since I have enough cash on me. He seemed to get flustered and insisted I don't pay for it now, I should mail it in and just wait a few days. I ask why do that if I could pay it right here, he says he doesn't want to be responsible for my money and it's a holiday so I should probably keep it in case I need it (if he was feeling generous due to the holiday it sure didn't translate to him cutting me some slack while trying to visit my grandmother). I keep insisting I pay for it but he keeps pushing back that I shouldn't. He asks if I really need my license right now since my ticket will act as one until I get mine back, and despite having two very valid reasons (I deliver pizzas so I'm constantly driving so I'm required to have it plus another, more legitimate reason I don't care to explain at the moment) I said "I guess not..." because he'd put me on the spot and cornered me so of course I didn't think of them. So I finally cave and let him take my license, and when he hands me the ticket I see that he'd already ticked the box saying he took my license. This lazy fuck refused to let me just pay my due and get it over with because he didn't want to scribble out a fucking checkmark. I'm sorry, but suck my ass. If I don't get my shit back in time for what I need it for I swear I'm burning that county to the ground.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:42 am 

You should've just told him you need it to split up the coke. Totally reasonable!

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:46 am 

sortalikeadream wrote:
Wow, Nightwish sucks. That was like, Lacuna Coil levels of bad.

We had to listen to them during music appreciation last week :nono: God damn Nightwish are awful.

Twin_guitar_attack
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:48 am 

Thashierthanthou wrote:

saw them in London and loved it. Floor was amazing.

Having lost my old (and at the time expired) child's passport about 6 months ago is making my passport application really complicated. So much so I think it's preferable to be writing a third year essay on philosophy of science right now.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:44 am 

A thirteen year old girl with a picture of "pedobear" showed up in my people you may know list on the facebook thing. I am so confused right now.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:21 pm 

I mantain that the first three Nightwish records go from "really cool" to "amazing". The rest of their stuff is in the "quite boring-godawful" category though.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 pm 

Thashierthanthou wrote:

I watched that carefully, trying to spot a fast-to-ban, chainsaw-carrying finn with kids in the audience, with no luck :cry:
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:38 pm 

If you can listen to Wishmaster and say "that's god awful," then we have very different musical tastes. That album is easily a classic.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:50 pm 

Boring lollipop metal is bad enough, but Tarja's awful squawking is just the worst.

BastardHead
Worse than Stalin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:29 pm 

Nightwish was good back in the day, I honestly think some of the backlash against them is kinda knee-jerk. I mean, I used to hate on them all the time before I listened to them, it's easy to do. The operatic female vocals alone was enough for me to give them like five different stereotypes before ever hearing them back when Evanescence was the big fad. Are they alike at all? Not really, but I see the same issues being pegged on both bands a lot and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Teal deer: Wishmaster and Oceanborn are great.
the reason your grandmother has all those plastic sheets on her furniture is because she is probably a squirter

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm 

I came home from Thanksgiving last night. Once I got out of the car, I could hear three very loud thuds or footfalls from the second floor of my house from the garage. No one else should have been in the house. Went to stand in the driveway to decide what to do, and then me and my girl saw the light from our bedroom come on..and there the shape of the burglar mask and all just looking down at us from that window. Goddamn I wanted to trap that guy but I had no weapon or anything and was taken completely off guard so I thought better of going around the backyard to do so. The cops and K-9s did eventually storm into the house but unfortunately he was gone. The house was completely ransacked and he did make off with some small valuables in his pocket but it almost would have been worth him doing it if I could have seen that fucker get shredded by the dogs. The holiday ruined. I hate thieves.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:50 pm 

marktheviktor, you had NO WEAPON? Where do you live? In Canada, somewhere in the Albania Province?

Sheesh... I always have a few Fiskars Handy axes around, I can arm myself to full "Blubber Ninja" level in 15 seconds flat anywhere on my property.

dontlivefastjustdie
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:01 pm 

Should have snagged the tire iron outta your car and beat that fucker to a pulp.
Ryanimator! - Logos and Artwork

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:48 pm 

Anybody else on here listen to Enos? I'm super excited for their upcoming album!

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:22 pm 

You live in America and don't carry pistols at all times? More like marktheloser.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

oogboog
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:34 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
You live in America and don't carry pistols at all times? More like marktheloser.

So, what do Canadians do when witnessing a crime in progress? Do you have looser gun control enforcement up there?

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:44 pm 

Man I would feel so much safer if everyone could carry guns here. Neo-nazi with huge gun collection getting busted? Nope, he's allowed to have them... but it's no problem because when he goes immigrant hunting they can shoot him in the dick too. Awesome! Except if they can't because the state doesn't want them as full citizens. But then they surely had it coming.
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:45 pm 

Pop glock shots at dat dude.

Canadians just complain when crime happens until an American comes up there to shoot the criminal.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:59 pm 

Nah, we just believe in the age old belief that fists, or a handy blunt object almost always works as good....almost always.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:10 pm 

:lol: I actually believe the same these days. Good ol' pugilism or swordsmanship are tops.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:21 pm 

*something about making yourself tall and screaming*
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:34 pm 

I'm skinny as hell so I'll just take my shotgun and point it at you, and you can come at me with your fists :p. No oogboog, I was making a joke. Canada has even more gun control.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Rotting_Christ_Mike
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:38 pm 

marktheviktor, that sucks dude. When I was still in the States, I had a similar experience, only difference being that I taught that fucker a lesson. Too bad you didn't have the means to do so!

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:53 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
If you can listen to Wishmaster and say "that's god awful," then we have very different musical tastes. That album is easily a classic.

Wishmaster has it's moments, but Nightwish as a whole is mostly un-listenable. At least for me, anyways.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:00 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

If Wishmaster has any flaws, it's that "Bare Grace Misery" is pretty uninspired-sounding, compared to classics like "She is My Sin," "FantasMic," "Crownless," "Dead Boy's Poem," the title track, "Kinslayer"...or basically, just everything else.

It's part of the really close three-way tie for my favorite Nightwish album, with the other two being Oceanborn and Imaginaerum.

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:19 pm 

iAm wrote:
Nightwish as a whole is mostly un-listenable. At least for me, anyways.

Completely seconded.

Only five more working days to go until my holiday, and I cannot wait!

My collection

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 pm 

Empyreal wrote:

Wishmaster is between the first three Nightwish records :scratch: But yeah, I do like it a lot. My favorite must easily be Oceanborn though, in part because it contains my favorite song by the band (the epic The Pharaoh Sails to Orion).

Metalfuckingrules
The Ralph Wiggum Monologue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:32 pm 

ATTENTION PC GAMERS: I am planning on getting a PC game (this is going to be my first time getting a game on PC) tomorrow and I was thinking of getting either Doom 3: BFG edition or Diablo 3 and I do not know what to choose. I was hoping that any of you PC gamers can tell me which one is better or you can tell me which PC game is right for people getting into PC games. I have played MMORPG games like Runescape and Maplestory before, just in case you recommend games.

sortalikeadream
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:07 pm 

Before you throw down $$ on Doom 3 BFG, see if you can get the original and just download some of the graphics mods. They actually look on par, if not better than, id's own tweaks for the BFG edition.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:02 am 

Xlxlx wrote:
Empyreal wrote:

Wishmaster is between the first three Nightwish records :scratch: But yeah, I do like it a lot. My favorite must easily be Oceanborn though, in part because it contains my favorite song by the band (the epic The Pharaoh Sails to Orion).

I wasn't responding to you, dude - to the other people who said all their work was god awful. Me, though, I even like Century Child quite a bit and Once has some strong songs and their best production ever. After that, though, not so great, although DPP was pretty cool.

Quote:
If Wishmaster has any flaws, it's that "Bare Grace Misery" is pretty uninspired-sounding, compared to classics like "She is My Sin," "FantasMic," "Crownless," "Dead Boy's Poem," the title track, "Kinslayer"...or basically, just everything else.

It's part of the really close three-way tie for my favorite Nightwish album, with the other two being Oceanborn and Imaginaerum.

"Bare Grace Misery" is a great tune for me. The whole album is really consistent.

For a change of pace...the new Aeon album is pretty good death metal. I am amazed mostly by the fact that they sound almost identical in songwriting to Deicide and in production to the recent Cannibal Corpse albums, though. But their aggression and satanic might should not go unnoticed either.

marktheviktor
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:09 am 

Rotting_Christ_Mike wrote:
marktheviktor, that sucks dude. When I was still in the States, I had a similar experience, only difference being that I taught that fucker a lesson. Too bad you didn't have the means to do so!

Complacency on my part as far as buying a gun. And I live in Arizona which is the most pro-2nd Amendment state in the Union. At the very least, I scared him too when he heard that garage door open because there is no way in hell he could have known whether or not I was carrying one on my person or in the vehicle since so many around here do. He beat feet knowing there was a strong possibility he was going to either get shot or at the very least smoked out if I was lying in wait in the backyard where he made his exit( had I had a firearm). No tire iron;I had nothing. He was lucky.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:43 am 

Since other people were doing this a while back, I decided to make my own top 50 albums list, The list is not in order of favorite to least favorite and I only have 1 album by each favorite artist included, for extra variety.

Scorntyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:52 am 

we have some similar tastes

"My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality."

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 am 

Empyreal wrote:
Xlxlx wrote:

I wasn't responding to you, dude - to the other people who said all their work was god awful. Me, though, I even like Century Child quite a bit and Once has some strong songs and their best production ever. After that, though, not so great, although DPP was pretty cool.

Oh, sorry Emp, got confused there for a minute.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:28 am 

Sorry to hear about that Mark, there's really nothing you can do about it other than what you did. You're fortunate to be safe and have avoided a personal conflict - while it's understandable to be angry, if you had encountered the robber with either of you having a weapon, things would have been even more difficult in the aftermath. Hope the rest of the weekend helps make you feel better.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:56 am 

Gah, I think I have 'Eustachian tube dysfunction'.... I'm constantly hearing a very annoying, high pitched buzzing sound in my ears. It's not loud, it's just there. Constantly. It's like that sound old televisions make. It's accompanied by a feeling of fullness in my ear and slight dizziness. :( I'm pretty sure it's not hearing damage, because I don't have a problem hearing high notes and noises.

I also have that very annoying cracking sound in my ear when I swallow or yawn...

Evil_Johnny_666
Reigning king of the night

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:07 pm 

henkkjelle wrote:
Gah, I think I have 'Eustachian tube dysfunction'.... I'm constantly hearing a very annoying, high pitched buzzing sound in my ears. It's not loud, it's just there. Constantly. It's like that sound old televisions make. It's accompanied by a feeling of fullness in my ear and slight dizziness. :( I'm pretty sure it's not hearing damage, because I don't have a problem hearing high notes and noises.

I also have that very annoying cracking sound in my ear when I swallow or yawn...

It's quite possible. I have the same problem, although my tinnitus (high pitched buzzing sound) may very well be due hearing damage. Do you happen to have seasonal allergies and the likes? Seen a doctor, tried several things, got a surgery that fixed another problem and now I'm taking nasonex twice daily (my nose is blocked causing pressure problems in my eustachian tube). The effects seem minimal unfortunately... Anyway, I totally feel your pain.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 692, 693, 694, 695, 696, 697, 698 ... 827  Next