Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:51 pm 

No black kids in the class, eh?

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:02 pm 

VoidApostle wrote:
My Home Ec. teacher in high school always tried to make me feel guilty for not saying the pledge. :lol:

"I bet the soldiers fighting for your freedom would really appreciate that..." , "You'll wish you could say the pledge when terrorists are forcing you to become Muslim..."

She ranted alot about how the 50's were the best time in human history, too.

Your teacher was a hillbilly?

Thashierthanthou
Not Semi-Witty Enough for his Own Title

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:10 pm 

His teacher was a good honest god fearing conservative American who never questions any action taken by the U.S military and knows that Barrack HUSSEIN Obama is a Muslim who was born in Kenya who wants to enact Shariah Law and commit genocide on white people.

They should have talked about why failsafeman sucks!

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:12 pm 

So..... A hillbilly.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:17 pm 

Semper Fi

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:27 pm 

Oddly enough, she was my favourite teacher. Nice woman... if you ignored her headache-inducing political opinions.
And most everyone around here is a hillbilly. I could walk down the street with a sack of dead squirrels and a shotgun over my shoulder and no one would bat an eye.

Folkemon_
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 pm 

Been wondering a while if anyone knows...what would be the best way to take a live concert dvd and make it into a live album? i really want BG's Imagations Through The Looking Glass to listen to as an album

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:47 pm 

Just found out that the Muslim version of Azrael looks fucking metal. Seriously, how come no band has used that pic as the cover for an album yet?

~Guest 126069
Skanky

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:15 am 

Isn't there a relatively famous (black?) metal song that begins with the same sample as this recording (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=Fbqnw9PPXmk)? Its slipping my mind right now.

TheEvilSocky
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 am 

Napero wrote:
Today's semi-random thought...

I've read plenty of arguments for and against having the "under god" part in the pledge of alligeance in the USA. You know, the usual atheists vs religious nutjobs stuff. And all the mentions of including the said part in it in 1954 or whatever. But.

What the fuck is the point of making kids say something as retarded as a pledge of any kind daily in schools? I can't understad this part. Sounds like North Korea to me. Anyone care to explain this Sunday school-like brainwashing to me?

I know I'm late but, most study's show chanting or doing anything in unison make people closer and tighter as a group, it's why every military organization ever has cadence's and does everything in unison, so they care about each other more and feel as part of a group or as a family.

So yeah they could get rid of it entirely but then comes the very real chance of the country literally falling apart and school assaults violently increasing, it may be some form of brainwashing but I think more the "be a functioning human being that won't stab the guy next to you for 10$" and less "Lash yourself into the soulless grinding machine of death, whore"
that being said, I was homeschooled and never subjected to such things, however I'm a card carrying misanthropist that doesn't interact with physical human beings unless I'm forced too, and even then you've seen some of the posts I've come up with.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:03 am 

Quote:
One day I was arguing with my mom over being a 39 year old man living in her basement and not paying rent! She just didn't understand that I'd turn it all around somehow, get a job, finish college and get a japanese girlfriend any day now, I just needed to spend today getting to level 60! We were in the midsts of verbal combat when I suddenly remembered that I have no mother and that I am a self created being of incredible power! "Yeah, well FUCK YOU mom!" I yelled while flipping her off and then strode out the front door into the ritzy neighborhood where our neighbors were mowing their lawns and dropping their martini glasses as they saw my nude, 18 ft tall muscular frame casually float off the ground and fly off into the sunset!

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:10 am 

Starting to get into Gargoyle thanks to Tony. Looks like my Eastern religions class payed off, I actually know what some of the titles mean because of it.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:19 am 

*Thanks to OzzyApu

But yeah, they're great and I've been lenient about them for too long!

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:40 am 

Haha, very true. Thanks, Ozzy.

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:46 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Quote:
Storytime

Have you compiled your autobiography? It would make for an amusing blog.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:07 am 

Nah. I don't usually save these things.

slayerhatesusall
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:05 am 

Just ate 6 raw garlic cloves, shit's strong, burns too, it will be nice if it kills this damn sinus infection that's been giving me a headache every day for over a month.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 am 

Currently watching this mini-feature called 'Meridian'. It's made by the famous youtube user mysteryguitarman aka Joe Penna. I'm currently into part 2 of it and it seems quite enjoyable so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuJmMij2 ... JQ&index=1

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 am 

TheEvilSocky wrote:
So yeah they could get rid of it entirely but then comes the very real chance of the country literally falling apart and school assaults violently increasing

You mean like pretty much everywhere else in the world? Or is it that Americans are sociopaths?
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:29 am 

Yeah... what the fuck? Saying the pledge never made me feel anything but uncomfortable, and I certainly never felt more "unified" with my classmates because of it... The pledge of allegiance ain't holding shit together but vague nationalist sentiment and reflexive flag worship. It's not staving off some imminent descent into social apocalypse.

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:20 pm 

I don't like saying the pledge, because it's always awkward for me to just ...[*doesn't say under god*]... leave out that part of the pledge. Luckily, school is waaaay behind me, and I haven't even had to say that since middleschool or earlier. So i'll never have to say the pledge again, I imagine.

slayerhatesusall wrote:
Just ate 6 raw garlic cloves, shit's strong, burns too, it will be nice if it kills this damn sinus infection that's been giving me a headache every day for over a month.

That's why you have to cook it, dude :nono: It's really sweet when it's cooked. Eat apples and vegies and stuff. I eat them every day and I never get sick, like, ever. Also, dust can cause sinus infections. Once I started having my room dusted periodically I stopped having sinus trouble.

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I don't like saying the pledge, because it's always awkward for me to just ...[*doesn't say under god*]... leave out that part of the pledge.

...Really, dude? You were so edgy as to only refrain from the line with religious implications when you ostensibly knew damn well that the rest of the pledge is just as moronic? :|

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 pm 

metaldiscussor666 wrote:
That's why you have to cook it, dude :nono: It's really sweet when it's cooked. Eat apples and vegies and stuff. I eat them every day and I never get sick, like, ever. Also, dust can cause sinus infections. Once I started having my room dusted periodically I stopped having sinus trouble.

For me, being ill isn't something I have to worry about - as I'm basically never. However, since it has become colder my nose holes are blocked half of the time. The agony!

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:32 pm 

No reviews for the new Neurosis album? Hmmmmm........

Obligatory Last FM Link

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:36 pm 

Oh man. Taking the bus out of Stockton to Reno yesterday was pure Hell. It fucked with my stomach too, I've been throwing up all morning and last night.

slayerhatesusall wrote:

Dude, Sulfur. Shit clears your sinuses right up.

I'm considering making a thread called "New post-avant pirate jazz grind movement?" because of the number of lame threads about revival bands that have been popping up lately.

FrizzySkernip
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:59 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:

The lack of reviews is bothering me. On another note, the only Neurosis albums I've listened to are Through Silver in Blood and a bit of Pain of Mind. Anyone have an idea of what album of theirs I should listen to next?

Ancient_Sorrow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:20 pm 

Quote:
Today's semi-random thought...

I've read plenty of arguments for and against having the "under god" part in the pledge of alligeance in the USA. You know, the usual atheists vs religious nutjobs stuff. And all the mentions of including the said part in it in 1954 or whatever. But.

What the fuck is the point of making kids say something as retarded as a pledge of any kind daily in schools? I can't understad this part. Sounds like North Korea to me. Anyone care to explain this Sunday school-like brainwashing to me?

The "Under God" part was included long after the original pledge started out, to distance and separate the "Christian USA" from "those godless commies". I think it was something of a Cold-war thing, if I remember correctly.

But yeah, I don't understand it. At primary school (5-12) over here we had to say grace at lunch-time before eating, and occasionally mumble or lip-sync to hymns and hope the teacher didn't notice we weren't singing. I'm fairly sure neither contributed to our cohesion as a group or a culture. In fact, the lasting legacy of primary school is, and was, a mistrust of Christianity - even then, I had a feeling of "There's something odd about this...".

metaldiscussor666
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:24 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
metaldiscussor666 wrote:
I don't like saying the pledge, because it's always awkward for me to just ...[*doesn't say under god*]... leave out that part of the pledge.

...Really, dude? You were so edgy as to only refrain from the line with religious implications when you ostensibly knew damn well that the rest of the pledge is just as moronic? :|

Wouldn't that make me less edgy?

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:30 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:

Yeah, I noticed that too. I would, but I want to do their albums in order. Unfortunately I'm stuck at Souls at Zero because I'm having a hard time putting the sheer awesomeness of that album into words that give it justice.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:48 pm 

Back after a break from the forums, and I'm quite sure no one missed me. Anywho, I just got my order from the end records and they forgot to include my Impaled Nazarine CD.

TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:51 pm 

dystopia4 wrote:
Unfortunately I'm stuck at Souls at Zero because I'm having a hard time putting the sheer awesomeness of that album into words that give it justice.

I wrote a review for that like six years ago. I am quite disappointed in myself for never writing a new one, but, you're right. It is hard to put into words the amazing atmosphere and feeling of that album. Also, take into consideration the time frame for when it was released. No one else played things like that, at all.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:26 pm 

We were in Turku today, and visited the castle there. Plenty of paintings and fun stuff. There was one with a funny looking Swede in it, and I told the first-born that "that would be Carolus Rex", as she likes Sabaton a lot. So, now that we are home and the kids are sleeping, it's time to carry on with the theme:

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:58 pm 

Varg and the wife made a movie. Looks stupid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7wW5rR8624

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:06 pm 

And she's just as much of an idiot as Varg. It's a match made in hell!

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:07 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
And she's just as much of an idiot as Varg. It's a match made in hell!

I was just going to say that. :lol:
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:25 pm 

The greatest minds think alike :-P

But seriously, this only helps to cement my belief that assholes attract each other, and in more than one way, it seems.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:34 pm 

Wow...that's...can't even think of what to say.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:37 pm 

That was just 10 minutes of closeups of rocks and shit. It's not that intense. Pointless? Absolutely. But if anybody is expecting anything else from Varg, colour me shocked.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
That was just 10 minutes of closeups of rocks and shit. It's not that intense. Pointless? Absolutely. But if anybody is expecting anything else from Varg, colour me shocked.

Yup, pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I highly doubt I'll ever get the urge to watch the entire thing.

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 pm 

Talk about overreactions. I enjoyed it as a trailer somewhat, thought it was pretty genuine. I also think whether or not Varg and his wife are idiots from idiotland isn't very relevant.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 708, 709, 710, 711, 712, 713, 714 ... 827  Next