Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:08 pm 

Bumping this thread because the final half of the final season starts two weeks from today. I've been watching the first half today, just to fully refresh myself.

Obligatory Last FM Link

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:55 pm 

I haven't been this hyped for a tv show since Walking Dead and 24 season 6(I watched all the seasons in 3 months and season 5's finale had a big cliffhanger). Part of me wants to wait till the end to watch them, but I know I wont.

Yahko
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:47 pm 

I actually re-watched a few scenes from the 5th season here and there.

Spoiler: show
The train heist. The prisons shaking. Roadie cases purchase.

Now as far as predictions when Walt said "I quit". What do you think his preperations were - did he just pass it all to Todd and his crew, they know how to cook, they know who to meet for delivery, they know how to meet with Lydia without even knowing her name. Once the 1000 gallons ran out the job is done?

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:56 am 

New episode is TONIGHT.

Obligatory Last FM Link

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:19 pm 

GuntherTheUndying wrote:
New episode is TONIGHT.

:hyper:

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:27 pm 

:-D :-D :-D

I am so excited.

ChineseDownhill
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:47 pm 

I'm spoiler tagging just to be safe, because with time zone differences maybe some people haven't yet seen the premiere.

That was pretty awesome, I didn't expect
Walt and Hank to lay their cards on the table so soon. Figured they'd dance around with a couple episodes of "Does Hank know that Walt knows that Hank knows?" shenanigans.

One minor complaint.
Even though this was partially covered by having Lydia complain about the shitty quality of the product, I think they really should have devoted time to the Vamonos Pest crew (is Todd cooking solo?) and Declan's out of state gang. I'm sure we'll see them next episode, but recall that Walt's entire sales pitch was that converting the thousand gallons of precursor to 99% pure meth was the way to maximize revenue. Declan can't be happy that he's selling meth that's no better than what he sold before he met Heisenberg. Meanwhile the master cook is off playing Regular Joe.

onorato73
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:38 pm 

I hate to say it but the new episode from last night really did not wow me. I thought that maybe I was just being too critical but my girl friend agreed with me. But I read positive responses from several places online.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:29 pm 

Did you not see the end?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:09 pm 

As a set up episode, it was great. Mostly because of the cold open and Hank moments.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:15 pm 

onorato73 wrote:
I hate to say it but the new episode from last night really did not wow me. I thought that maybe I was just being too critical but my girl friend agreed with me. But I read positive responses from several places online.

Can't agree really. The end- one of the whole series' best moments, for me at least.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:27 pm 

Also, fucking Hank. Seeing him in action again after watching that same actor wallow around like a lost baby walrus in Under the Dome...ah, so refreshing.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:42 am 

Anyone besides me appreciate 'future' Walt's 81-90 Cadillac Fleetwood?

Also, is anyone besides me repulsed by the idea of a Saul Goodman spinoff? That just sounds like a terrible idea...

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:52 am 

Haha man, the ending was so good it actually made me forget one of the other great parts: Jesse's friends talking about Star Trek and Badger's Star Trek episode idea. That was great.

volutetheswarth
Our Lady of Perpetual Butthurt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:58 am 

Funny how Hank totally went into Berzerko rage mode. I'm really glad Hank and Walter confronted each other, it would've been pretty lame to lengthen that out any longer, and Walt's lines were tremendously memorable to boot. Jessie is busy being a debbie downer as per usual. I liked the intro with the skaters in the pool and Walt's abandoned family home, it was striking how crazy and surreal things have become. Would be good if that became a recurring flash forward but I imagine it's unlikely. I liked the pace of this episode, it really felt eventful and worth the wait.

HellBlazer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:44 am 

rabidmadman wrote:
Also, is anyone besides me repulsed by the idea of a Saul Goodman spinoff? That just sounds like a terrible idea...

Nonsense, that's the best idea ever.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:27 am 

Since when does Skyler have the balls to step up to anybody especially to someone she doesn't even know? Ok, she had her boss roughed up and nearly killed and was able to get the car wash by harrassing the owner...so maybe, just maybe they're having her slowly build up some moxy to take out the trash when Walt's not able to. I thought for sure Lydia and her were going to get into it. The whole scene was crazy awkward and made even cheesier by having Lydia back down. Or did she? Hmmm. I still think Walt's gonna end up getting someone in his family wacked. Perhaps this little confrontation between the two women is what eventually leads to Skyler's kidnapping and beheading, or used for ransom/bargaining.

Yada yada yada...they appeared on Seinfeld.

Punishing
Delicious Penis Connoisseur

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:19 am 

HellBlazer wrote:
rabidmadman wrote:

Nonsense, that's the best idea ever.

I agree!
Totally love Saul!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:00 pm 

nekuomanteia wrote:
Since when does Skyler have the balls to step up to anybody especially to someone she doesn't even know?

Since forever. Remember her hilarious confrontation with Jesse when she thought he was selling her pot way back?

Skyler is awesome, fuck the haters.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:29 pm 

I don't know if I like Skyler as a person still at this point, but she is a great character, of course.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:28 pm 

I'd watch a Saul spinoff. Skyler's character has probably seemed meeker than she normally would otherwise act because she's dealing with a lot of repressed rage that's directed toward family members and friends and thus can't be freely unleashed. I'm sure she'd be much more apt to go to town on a stranger or some third party that she saw as nothing but a threat. Bitch is angrraaayyy. It's also not surprising that Lydia would back down because she's a very furtive and paranoid character to begin with, and would go to any lengths to avoid attracting the wrong sort of attention.

First episode was great! Off to a good start. I'm also glad they didn't protract the tension between Walt and Hank, there's way too much to get through in 8 short episodes to get bogged down in too much cat & mouse stuff. I am a bit surprised it happened this early but better earlier than later. Jessie continues to play the role of soulless husk well...makes me wonder what the hell is going to become of him. I hope he doesn't off himself.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:46 am 

WTf, throwing away all that money. You guys think Jesse believes Walt about Mike? nah. It is ON!

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:51 am 

That scene was just weird, man. Walt insisting that Jesse believe him over and over again like that...it almost didn't seem like our old standby "Walt lies to Jesse about stuff" but more like, "they both know Mike's dead, and Walt knows that Jesse knows, he's just got to 'believe' he's still alive to preserve his own sense of dignity/sanity" or something.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:53 am 

Morrigan wrote:
nekuomanteia wrote:
Since when does Skyler have the balls to step up to anybody especially to someone she doesn't even know?

Since forever. Remember her hilarious confrontation with Jesse when she thought he was selling her pot way back?

Skyler is awesome, fuck the haters.

Oh yea, hardly remember that. I only saw the series once and it's been a while. I guess the idea of her being this suicidal manic depressive stuck more than her getting her act straight and all buisiness in the later episodes.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:03 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
That scene was just weird, man. Walt insisting that Jesse believe him over and over again like that...it almost didn't seem like our old standby "Walt lies to Jesse about stuff" but more like, "they both know Mike's dead, and Walt knows that Jesse knows, he's just got to 'believe' he's still alive to preserve his own sense of dignity/sanity" or something.

Do you think Walt trully believes he has deceived Jesse once again? I do. But the way Jess looked the other way, like ffffuck, this dude is laying it on pretty thick, he's gotta be lying...and if he's lying about this, then what else has he lied to me about? If Walt thought he hadn't deceived him, he would have offed him there or at least would have started freaking out about what to do.

Also, i thought it was kinda peculiar that Walt cannot find Leaves of Grass and gets this itch to check his car for trackers. How does he go from point A to B? I dunno, I was waiting for that moment for his eyes to pop out and shit on himself. He's too smooth that Heisenberg him.

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:51 am 

Jesse totally didn't believe him, he just went along with it so as to not upset Walt. Walt believed he deceived Jesse mostly due his power trip, like when Hank clearly looked at unease around him when saying goodbye, Walt didn't read his body language at all. This can go one of two ways, either Jesse skips town or he takes Walt down, because Walt won't buy he's a threat until the very end. A confrontation between the two is highly likely in the next couple of episodes and judging by Jesse pointing the gun in the promo we could have a repeat of the highly dramatic scene where he questioned him over poisoning Brock.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:07 am 

nekuomanteia wrote:
iamntbatman wrote:
Also, i thought it was kinda peculiar that Walt cannot find Leaves of Grass and gets this itch to check his car for trackers. How does he go from point A to B? I dunno, I was waiting for that moment for his eyes to pop out and shit on himself. He's too smooth that Heisenberg him.

I don't think he actually from point A to point B immediately. He discovered that the book was missing during dinner, and is evidently still searching for some it time later as the next scene shows himself and Skyler getting into bed. Could be over 3 hours, from discovery of the missing book to discovery of the GPS tracker. Also recall the fact that there is clearly something up with Hank and the ultra logical Walt would be able to trace this outbreak of oddness back to probably the one and only moment that Hank would have had access to the book.

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:10 am 

Everything in the episode made sense to me. I didn't find Walt's realization about the GPS thing to be anything outlandish.

Obligatory Last FM Link

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:34 am 

Not surprisingly, it made record ratings.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:58 am 

Hank's gonna have to be dealt with. But how?

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:44 pm 

Walt has an M60 in his trunk in the flash-forwards. You tell me.

nekuomanteia
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:19 am 

I dunno. Something tells me that's meant for someone else. Walt just might come out of this a freakin hero and ultimately redeemed. But that would mean he'd have to save a lot of people close to him. Didn't I read somewhere that the creators will have an ending most fans would enjoy? Not sure if I would like that. It'd have to be pretty intense.

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:18 pm 

^I feel like I heard quite the opposite, that fans may not be happy with the ending....I'm content enough to wait.

I do feel that its likely that Walt and Jessie are gonna have some sort of ricin-based showdown. If anyone should want to kill Walt, it would be Jessie...

onorato73
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:03 pm 

iamntbatman wrote:
Did you not see the end?

Where Hank punches Walter? Yeah, I saw that. I just don't know how I feel about it yet.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:44 pm 

The dialogue after that was a little more important than the punching, imo.

rabidmadman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:02 pm 

****SPOILER ALERT****

In the final episode, we find ourselves suddenly in Jessie's room. He's roughly 7 years younger, still living in his parents house and is still enrolled in high school. Turns out everything that we experienced in Breaking Bad was just a really intense dream. Jessie packs his bags for school and is pleased to see Mr. White lecturing in front of the blackboard reviewing for the final exam. After the bell rings, Jessie goes up to Mr. White and expresses his interest in Chemistry and mentions how he's going to start applying himself. They smile each other and go their separate ways.

Seven years later, Jessie earns his PHD and forms a start up with Mr. White that will eventually become a leading corporation in the Chemical Industry. Jessie ultimately helps cure Mr. White's cancer. They both jump up into the air and the credits begin to roll.

volutetheswarth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:50 pm 

^ Is that the official ending to Breaking Bad? Where'd you get that information?

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 pm 

rabidmadman wrote:
****SPOILER ALERT****

In the final episode, we find ourselves suddenly in Jessie's room. He's roughly 7 years younger, still living in his parents house and is still enrolled in high school. Turns out everything that we experienced in Breaking Bad was just a really intense dream. Jessie packs his bags for school and is pleased to see Mr. White lecturing in front of the blackboard reviewing for the final exam. After the bell rings, Jessie goes up to Mr. White and expresses his interest in Chemistry and mentions how he's going to start applying himself. They smile each other and go their separate ways.

Seven years later, Jessie earns his PHD and forms a start up with Mr. White that will eventually become a leading corporation in the Chemical Industry. Jessie ultimately helps cure Mr. White's cancer. They both jump up into the air and the credits begin to roll.

dude...lol

onorato73
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:50 pm 

niix wrote:
rabidmadman wrote:
****SPOILER ALERT****

dude...lol

This cannot be official.

GuntherTheUndying

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:54 pm 

That's not official, he's trolling, and successfully, it seems. I've seen so many "authentic endings" in passing on Facebook or whatever that are hilariously overblown and downright stupid. Consider it a clusterfuck of bullshit until the actual ending.

Obligatory Last FM Link

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next