Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
SadisticOrgasm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:28 am 

Have you ever been attacked or going to be attacked by animals?

I was just going through the animal attack videos in Youtube. I don't have such experience, but thought it's fun to read others'.

Please share 'em!

Gypaetus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:57 am 

You look up some weird shit on youtube, but yeah, I was bitten by a dog a few weeks ago. Went for a drive and there was a small-medium sized dog running around on the highway. Pulled over and somehow got the dog to come to me, but because it was a highway I didn't really want to muck around so just grabbed the dog as soon as it was within reach, and it bit my arm. My fiance saw it bit my arm and grabbed the dog, then got bitten as well while putting the dog in the car. We had to get tetanus shots and a course of antibiotics - the bites weren't bad, but high infection risk apparently. It wasn't the dog's fault at all though, we both knew better than to manhandle a terrified dog, but it was either risk being bitten or have it run back onto the highway and possibly get hit.

Not the most interesting story, but it's the only time I've ever been bitten by an animal. The only other recent thing was that I got kicked by a kangaroo when I shoved it away so it wouldn't make sweet tender kangaroo love to my leg.

Acrobat
Eric Olthwaite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:40 am 

As a baby, I was attacked by rats. In the city.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:46 am 

I was stung on the earlobe by a bee when I was about 6. Hell of a way to get my first piercing. :metal:

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

DarkWolfXV
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 am 

I got attacked by a rooster when I was like 8 and it was painful. It clawed me and pecked me with its beak. Fortunately I kicked it and ran away. True story.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:01 am 

I have a few extremely australian stories here-

got punched by a wallaby when I was like 5? Went to near the joey, the mum came over and gave me a whack. It hurt! Stitches required and shit.
got bitten by a redback when I was about 10. The symptoms seemed pretty malaria like I reckon (i'm basing that just off wiki)
and got bitten by a random snake, no idea what one it was, but all a-ok
bluebottle sting about 4 years back. Fuck it hurt!!! Still have a bit of a scar on my knee from the venom and shit.

Thus concludes my tale

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:21 am 

DarkWolfXV wrote:
I got attacked by a rooster when I was like 8 and it was painful. It clawed me and pecked me with its beak. Fortunately I kicked it and ran away. True story.

I'm kind of amused by the number of people I know that this happened to, my boss at my last job being one of them. Damn things are aggressive.

There's an old family photo of me at 3 years old after getting stung by a bee on my eyelid. It was completely swollen shut and I was just standing there with a shit-eating grin...thankfully I don't remember it.

LordStenhammar
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:52 am 

I was attacked just a minute ago. By Jehova's witnesses. I guess I'm just a too nice guy to say NO.

On a serious note, I was attacked by a doberman as a child. It belonged to our neighbour and it was a kind of a vicious creature for a dog. Still I got no fears for dogs or anything. It was just this particular creature. Maybe it was just kept badly, don't really remember.

FlaPack
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:16 am 

Does the passive attack of a Portuguese Man o'war count? That shit's not fun. My wife and I got wrapped up in one swimming in from a dive a few years ago. Was intense for a few minutes. What they don't tell you is that those damn tentacles break off and stick to you and get in your clothes and keep firing off unexpectedly when you happen to move the wrong way or brush against one. We drove home half naked at lunatic speed to shower that shit off. After the stinging subsided it itched like a bitch too.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:23 am 

After my paternal grandfather died, one of his dogs apparently went insane and attacked me for some reason. I don't remember any injuries but it did traumatize me as I was eleven or twelve years old at the time. Still love being around dogs though.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:46 am 

caspian wrote:
I have a few extremely australian stories here-

got punched by a wallaby when I was like 5? Went to near the joey, the mum came over and gave me a whack. It hurt! Stitches required and shit.
got bitten by a redback when I was about 10. The symptoms seemed pretty malaria like I reckon (i'm basing that just off wiki)
and got bitten by a random snake, no idea what one it was, but all a-ok
bluebottle sting about 4 years back. Fuck it hurt!!! Still have a bit of a scar on my knee from the venom and shit.

Thus concludes my tale

This is like every American stereotype of Australia rolled into one post. Seriously, it's only missing fluffy koala bears, kangaroos, Foster's and "crikey!"

somefella
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:17 pm 

During a trek in the tropical jungle(pretty high speed for a high school camp) I and many others suffered bluebottle stings and fucking jesus goddamn bloody christ it hurt goddamn it.

Dunno if insect bites count but while I was serving in the military, every time we'd go to set up our missile site in the jungle, you could average about 40 mosquito bites per person after 2 days there. I don't know what monstrous mosquitos those were, but even though I never took off my skivvies I had bites all over my legs and my ass. Even my fucking steel-toe combat boots didn't shield my feet from them.

Metal_Jaw
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:54 pm 

I was attacked by my own cat once. He bit down on my right hand and clawed up my left; one of his teeth actually sunk down into one of my hand veins. Needed something like 10 stitches total between both hands. Even today I still have the tooth scar (which I'll probably have for the rest of my life), and it's still numb there.

grauer_mausling
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 pm 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:

Hehe, I see what you did there! :metal:
Always great to see GBH mentioned!

niix
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:01 pm 

quite a few times have animals chased me through the desert full of damn jumping cactus.. those tedious bastards.. by javelinas and maybe some imaginary hounds of hell that haunted me for years..
was skating around the.mid-bay area one time, and there was this strange, nipping feeling striking on my lower left calf (skated regular), so i looked back and see a turkey running mad wild with my skating speed just striking at me and jumping. i panicked and lost balance, went off the curb right into a parked car.. that damned turkey snipping my ears and fingers also the webbing of skin in between the inner knuckle area.. then it ran off after a jogger a bit away, who had a few behind her.. she was screaming!! i was laughing and confused as well..
little shits..

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:07 pm 

I got bit on the hand by a stray cat once. It landed me in a hospital where I needed to take intravenous antibiotics and had to stay overnight.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:14 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
I got bit on the hand by a stray cat once. It landed me in a hospital where I needed to take intravenous antibiotics and had to stay overnight.

I got bit really hard on the finger by a hamster once. Hamsters have really dull teeth but it bit really hard. Imagine popping a grape with a small Lego block. I had to smack it against the side of the cage several times before it let go.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Machine_Dead
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:25 pm 

I haven't been attacked by animals, not that i remember. My brother got attacked by a south american monkey once (my brother was 6-7 years old back then). It bit him and tried pulling him into a tree. Luckily he managed to get free from its grip, who knows what the monkey wanted to do with him up there in that tree. :p He got some anti-rabees shots or whatever that was and had to have his shit checked out by the doctor, luckily no problems.... Now that was a bitemark to tell a story about ! :D

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:49 pm 

I was at a house party once and the dude's cat could not take all the commotion. It was surreal, everything was calm, a girl patted on the couch to get the cat to jump up, and it just snapped. It was flying all over the room raking people's legs to shit. My buddy (Who has a bone disease and bleeds really easy) lost a crapton of blood, I wish I still had the pictures. Thankfully I only got a passing glance, we all huddled in the bathroom with the cat standing right out the door, I tried looking under the door gap and BAM a paw comes through trying to get me. Insanity.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

lurkist
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:59 pm 

Not so much attacked as intimidated.

I'd just come out of hospital, so was feeling weak and feeble anyway. My dad took me to visit his mate, who I'd heard had a big dog. His couch was really saggy and low-slung, so I was slumped right back when it first came in the room and decided to check out the newcomer. This thing was like a fucking horse towering over me, staring me straight in the eye! Pretty sure I looked away first...

People back then were calling it a weimaraner, but I couldn't find a pic on Google Images that came even close size-wise.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:03 pm 

When I was younger, there was a vicious dog that used to patrol the area around my bus stop. Every day after school, I'd have to play Secret Agent and sneak by that damn thing. A few times, I failed, and was promptly chased home. Only once did it bite me.

Well, I’m glad to see you for who you really are.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:15 pm 

I'm attacked daily by animals as whenever I come home my dog greets me by jumping and mauling me.

Anyway, fire-ant and spider-wasps stings were a common ocurrence in my childhood. Fucking spiders wasps.
I also got headbutted by a goat when I was 6 years old.

I luckily never got bitten by spiders/snakes neither stray dogs, considering there are lots of them here.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 pm 

Been bit by more snakes than I can ever possibly count (bred them for years), dogs, cats, gators, caiman, turtles, rats, mice, gerbils, various lizards, sugar gliders, hedgehogs, chinchillas, ferrets, rabbits, even a red tailed catfish that I currently own.

Been stung by numerous wasps, bees, scorpions, hornets, etc.

Never once bitten by a spider, though I've held hundreds....strange luck there.

SHUTUPANDDIE
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:05 pm 

ANationalAcrobat wrote:

You should get your revenge, City Baby.

FionaJarnfeldt
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 pm 

A duck chased me around the zoo once. They can be really mean bastards.

Thexhumed
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:54 pm 

Got bitten by a dog once, in my calf, I don't remember if it hurt or not, probably did. When I was a kid, a bee stang me in my left eyebrow, I do remember that, and it was painful as hell, I got all that zone swollen, it felt so stretchy that I had the impression that my skin was going to tear apart with every gesture I made.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:22 pm 

A bee almost stung my jugular vain, once. That's the closest I've ever gotten to being "dangerously" attacked by any animal.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:41 pm 

The most lucid nightmares I have are of me getting attacked by animals. :|

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:24 pm 

Every year for the past 5-7 years, a couple of some species of bird (haven't looked it up) makes a nest in a small space in the roof of our balcony. When the eggs hatch they defend that balcony in awe-inspiring fashion, swooping down the napes of intruders. You can't go there without getting constantly assaulted by pissed off birds.

On a lighter note, we have some small lizards over here, I was trying to move one out of our swimming pool and when I grabbed hold of it (like I had done a million times before and since then) the rascal bit my thumb. He tried so hard to take a chunk off my finger, that I felt bad it didn't hurt one bit. I giggled a lot actually.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Acidgobblin
Literally a puppy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:34 am 

Gypaetus wrote:
You look up some weird shit on youtube, but yeah, I was bitten by a dog a few weeks ago. Went for a drive and there was a small-medium sized dog running around on the highway. Pulled over and somehow got the dog to come to me, but because it was a highway I didn't really want to muck around so just grabbed the dog as soon as it was within reach, and it bit my arm. My fiance saw it bit my arm and grabbed the dog, then got bitten as well while putting the dog in the car. We had to get tetanus shots and a course of antibiotics - the bites weren't bad, but high infection risk apparently. It wasn't the dog's fault at all though, we both knew better than to manhandle a terrified dog, but it was either risk being bitten or have it run back onto the highway and possibly get hit.

Not the most interesting story, but it's the only time I've ever been bitten by an animal. The only other recent thing was that I got kicked by a kangaroo when I shoved it away so it wouldn't make sweet tender kangaroo love to my leg.

I had my lunch stolen by an emu when I was a kid. In doing so, it also nipped my fingers a bit, but I was mainly just frightened.

Also, I got bitten by a dog about a month ago also; in two places by a border collie, with skin broken on leg and hand. Got tetanus shots, though the doctor said its rare to get tetanus from dog bites. I found it upsetting as I love dogs, but he warned me not to pat him (by growling) and I ignored it...

SadisticOrgasm
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:42 am 

Tried hard to remember if I had been attacked by anything. No animal, but insects have done that. Couple of times by bees, and once by a wasp. That was when my fear to those flying insects with sting began. I was once chased by a cow, but I was on a bike, so that was it. I have never been bitten by a dog though.

Nameless_Rites
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:44 am 

I've been attacked and bitten pretty badly by a Rottweiler

rawsewage
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 am 

When I was about six or seven I was playing tag with some friends and a Rottweiler tore a big chunk of flesh off me right above the left tit. My brother says it was dragging me, but I don't remember that part.

Manic Maniac
Grammaritically Challengated

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:15 am 

Wilytank: "The most lucid nightmares I have are of me getting attacked by animals."

How is a nightmare lucid? Aren't lucid dreams dreams you're in total control of? How do you control a nightmare? Did you wanted to be scared? Sorry for being off-topic, but this just bugs me. I just don't know.

Speaking of bugs, the house I live in has some pest problems. Every week I find myself waking up with bug bites, but I can never find the culprits who did it. I can't count how many spiders I spot on the walls & cealing of my room every time time they come by, but it's alot. & then there's this one window that's just dayly crawling with spiders, ants, beetles, pinchers, nats, & other things. At least the so-called wood spiders don't get in. Those things are huge. They looke like black tarantulas.

sea
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:07 am 

Last edited by sea on Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foulchrist
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:48 am 

Manic Maniac wrote:
Wilytank: "The most lucid nightmares I have are of me getting attacked by animals."

How is a nightmare lucid? Aren't lucid dreams dreams you're in total control of?

Not strictly, you can be aware that you are dreaming but still unable to alter what's happening. Though in the case of a nightmare, the fear aspect is usually diminished once you realize it's not real. I think he probably meant "vivid nightmares".

hots_towel wrote:
here's a fun little challenge. How long can you listen to this before you even smirk? I made it less than 10 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YHgHO8im2s&t=77s

Metallumz
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:38 am 

Only ever been stung by the usual mossies and a wasp once (my own fault for wearing strong spray). Had a few dogs 'try' and get to me but with wearing hiking boots and a stern kick to the jaw soon set's em straight again.

yentass
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:36 pm 

Got bitten in my lip by a dog.
I know nothing of hair care, so bare with me.

Metal dudes, assemble in the shower!

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:55 pm 

I had a mad cat that attacked your feet. Not playing, he meant business. He was like a feline Cujo. He died from led poisoning, so to speak.

Nameless_Rites
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:00 pm 

rawsewage wrote:
When I was about six or seven I was playing tag with some friends and a Rottweiler tore a big chunk of flesh off me right above the left tit. My brother says it was dragging me, but I don't remember that part.

Fuck Rottweilers and everything that looks like them - I now carry a Colt .45 1911 when out on my walks, mainly for dangerous dogs.

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next