Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:08 pm 

I've been keeping reptiles since I was a little kid and we currently have over 40 snakes and 8 crested geckos. I went to get a gargoyle gecko recently, but instead I bought a Chinese Cave Gecko (Goniurosaurus hainanensis). I must say this is the most metal looking critter I've ever owned, mostly because of its bright red eyes.

Tell me what you all think and if you have any pets you think are metal

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:39 pm 

this is one of my two rabbits, Jemima. shes a black lionhead rabbit, about two years old. always active and making a mess of things like tipping the hay dish over :P She could be considered metal, maybe in the vein of a drunk thrasher not giving a fuck about anything around them and destroying it all lol. I no longer lay newspaper in their cages either because i know 20 minutes later, it'll be shredded all because of her. rabbits only care about keeping themselves clean, not their surroundings haha

Last edited by Psytopsy on Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:48 pm 

Psytopsy wrote:
this is one of my two rabbits, Jemima. shes a black lionhead rabbit, about two years old. always active and making a mess of things like tipping the hay dish over :P I no longer lay newspaper in their cages either because i know 20 minutes later, it'll be shredded all because of her. rabbits only care about keeping themselves clean, not their surroundings haha

BUNNY! :3333 :P

I have a fatass orange cat named Steve French (anyone take a guess as to what I named him after? Besides those users that I've already told). He's about 10 years old, fat as fuck, doesn't do anything all day, and seems to have a signature "blank and/or stoned" expression on his face all the time, or so I've been told. At least he's hygenic... most of the time. I guess I'd consider him metal, he doesn't seem to mind laying next to my amp while I play or when I have my music blasting.

Here's some pictures of the leviathan of fur.

Spoiler: show

Also, OP, that is fine looking creature, I'm not too fond of reptiles, but I've always held it in the back of my mind that'd it be pretty cool to own one. Those eyes! :P
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:17 pm 

My deceased cat, Wendy and my mom's boyfriend dog Layla, I'll move in with her this weekend, she likes me a lot, Basset hound are very cool dog

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:34 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
My deceased cat, Wendy and my mom's boyfriend dog Layla, I'll move in with her this weekend, she likes me a lot, Basset hound are very cool dog
Nice to see the basset hound love tony :) I'll post a pic of my basset Max too, who died back in 2008. great dog, and i had him from when I was five years old, up until i was sixteen. photo of him during his last halloween when he was dressed up and didn't really enjoy it :P

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:35 pm 

Awww, bunnies are so cute! I had a bunny growing up named Marty and he was pretty cool. I think a lot of people assume people who keep snakes don't like rabbits, mice, rats, etc. but my boyfriend has the most badass mouse named Henry (plus all my snakes eat frozen thawed meals). I just like to always clear that common misconception up (don't want you think I was suggesting you thought that or anything :-D )

IX Leviathan, I love fat orange cats, we have 2 orange male tabbies and they are just awesome, though one is dumb as a rock and while chasing his own tail tends to smash into things, lol. And thanks for the compliment, we're still thinking of a name for him/her (still to young to know the gender).

Matantoine, I've never had a basset hound, but my cousin does and he's pretty cool.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:40 pm 

I'm surprised by the lack of Steve French.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
I'm surprised by the lack of Steve French.

Scroll up...It's not like it's a 10 pages thread...

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 pm 

Steve French is the best cat ever, along with Timmy!

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:45 pm 

Chill out Tony, I just missed it bromotep. Yo IX, that second SF picture could easily be a pinup. You should make giant posters of it and sell them for 20 bucks apiece to questionable people on the Internet.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Chill out Tony, I just missed it bromotep. Yo IX, that second SF picture could easily be a pinup. You should make giant posters of it and sell them for 20 bucks apiece to questionable people on the Internet.

Would probably make a killing. Questionable people too you say? Hmm, maybe like our good friend ralfikk here? :P
Like holy shit can't you get black out drunk and fist fight someone over a value pick burger in the drive thru and not hear about it for the rest of your life?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:21 pm 

Donald Tardy will get one.

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:22 pm 

Our pal waffle would pay top dollar for steve french pinups :P

MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:39 pm 

I honestly hope that none of you consider your pets to be "metal". You should get a pet because you think it's cool and you personally love the particular animal that you have, not because it's "metal" to have one. =/

Anyways, I personally keep two rats - one chestnut and then one white one with a chestnut hood. The household in general also has several cats. I'll take pictures of all animal parties mentioned later.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:40 pm 

You sure do love your pets man, oh we know.

"Whenever you dream you're holding the key, it opens the door to let you be free." - RJD

Slaytanic55
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:39 pm 

I have a little black dog that barks like Satan whenever the door bell rings. Uhhh... that's pretty metal, right?

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:46 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
I honestly hope that none of you consider your pets to be "metal". You should get a pet because you think it's cool and you personally love the particular animal that you have, not because it's "metal" to have one. =/

Anyways, I personally keep two rats - one chestnut and then one white one with a chestnut hood. The household in general also has several cats. I'll take pictures of all animal parties mentioned later.

When I say it looks metal I mean it looks like if any gecko would be a metalhead, it would be this one. I love all my animals and I didn't get this gecko because it would be metal to have one, I work with so many species that everyone in the reptile community works with and I've been wanting to work with a species that was less common. I've always loved the look of the Chinese Cave Gecko, but they are usually wild caught imports and they usually don't look that great. When I went to the expo I found this guy and that the breeder has been breeding these in captivity for several years and he's one of the few people that does. This is a newer project that you don't see too often in the reptile community, especially captive bred animals, I just had to jump on that opportunity. It's just a bonus that he's got a very "metal" look to him.

I hate people that get reptiles just to be cool, they give the reptile community a bad name, but I also hate people who get certain species of dog just to look tough. I think you should get an animal because you want that animal, not because of an image you think it will give you. Now the fact I can walk into a pet store with a snake around my neck and send people running does some times make me laugh, but it's not the reason I have them.

Rats are pretty awesome creatures and smart! I don't have any right now (though I did bring home a pair of African Soft Furred Rats recently, but they were supposed to be for a ball python that's been unusally stubborn about eating and ASF are kind of like snake crack, but she wasn't interested in eating them so they went to friends to become pets, lucky little guys). I'd love to see pics of your rats =)

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:48 pm 

I heard a bunch of rats sailed a ship back from Monkey Island.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:24 pm 

This is our dog. I guess he's kind of metal, if you really use your imagination.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:29 pm 

This is Wendell. He's my dog.

Also, rats and cats. Lameness. Dogs rule. Fact of nature.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:31 pm 

This ^ fuck cats, they KNOW I'm allergic to them so they always try to rub themselves on my face. Evil little buggers. Also, cute dog man.

Last edited by Necroticism174 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MalignantThrone
Vanished in the Cosmic Futility

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:32 pm 

If you're allergic to cats then you're not in the proper position to speak of their greatness.

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:39 pm 

MalignantThrone wrote:
If you're allergic to cats then you're not in the proper position to speak of their greatness.

This.

Also, Frog, Bubbles says cats are awesome, and Bubbles is never wrong. Fact of nature. :D

Beautiful dogs though, both you and Starmere. Another animal I've always wanted to have but my dad would just constantly bitch about it even if he doesn't have to be associated with it whatsoever, or just something else for my cat to hate.

ralfikk123
Waffle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:42 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
This ^ fuck cats, they KNOW I'm allergic to them so they always try to rub themselves on my face. Evil little buggers. Also, cute dog man.

Oh, so now it's the cats' fault huh?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:44 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:

I will fight you (and I will win)

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:48 pm 

Well you certainly have the weight advantage :p (zing). But yeah, never liked cats. They always look like they're plotting doom.

Last edited by Necroticism174 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:50 pm 

I like cats, actually. I think they are cool and cute. But dogs are just awesome. Communicate with the soul better.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:18 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
yeah, never liked cats. They always look like they're plotting doom.

thus .. metal.

Cats are fucking awesome. If I had any, I would build carpeted cat highways in my house. Dogs are generally awesome, too. I prefer cats because I'm generally a lot like one, but I don't think I'll have a properly metal pet until I keep falcons or owls. That's .. um .. gonna be a while.

The_Beast_in_Black
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:30 pm 

A somewhat old picture of my cat Timmy. He hasn't really changed since then, so it's still pretty accurate.

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:42 pm 

I raise praying mantises and have brought them to metal shows many times.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:43 pm 

Warning: Terrible image quality

Anyways, that's one of my three cats (all of which are strays).

IX Leviathan
Bepsi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:01 am 

The_Beast_in_Black wrote:
A somewhat old picture of my cat Timmy. He hasn't really changed since then, so it's still pretty accurate.

Hmm, Timmy's eyes are far less crazy than usual in this one. Usually they look murderous and full of insanity! He looks like my fat, stoned oaf here. :P

TheUglySoldier
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:28 am 

hey wrote:
(all of which are strays).

You are a badarse. Legit, I'm not being sarcastic. People like you make me happy to be human. If everyone took in and looked after strays/rescues, the animal world would be a much better place.

Here are my pups:

Gadget is about six years old, maltese shitsu we got when my cousin's pup (Gizmo) had a litter. Absolutely insane animal who has learnt how to open doors. Mainly by running into them with her shoulder. We don't dress her up because we are deranged, its because she gets her fur clipped and she gets cold otherwise.

Xena is coming on fourteen years. Blue heeler cross who has been the loyalist, nicest dog ever ever ever. She took up the act of laying massive shits inside earlier this year, so she mainly just chills outside now, which she seems more than content with.

Absolute Power: heavy metal and pop culture news, analysis and commentary

circleofdestruction
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:35 am 

Amy the dog (2002-2011). Border collie mix. My most metal pet, obviously.

Current dogs: (dachshund/bassett hound mixes)
Odin.
He's my brave dog. Here he is lounging on the couch.

Augustus George:
Odin's brother, and sort of cowardly. He likes to kill birds and rabbits in the backyard just about every day, then bring them inside. It's kind of gross, but probably pretty metal.

I used to have rabbits, guinea pigs, anoles, and fish.
CircleOfDestruction zine #18|Video-Nasties.net | My Art Site

deicidefan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:50 am 

No love for our underwater friends ???
I have two Tiger Oscars that are totally brutal death. I've even gotten them to jump out of the tank about a foot to grab food out of my fingers. They are pretty much the puppies of the sea and they'll come out and greet you every time you walk by. They are also vicious as fuck and will completely decimate some maggots/ nightcrawlers or pretty much any other fish you put in the tank, which ive made the mistake of doing.

DeadXManiac wrote:
Benton's the T-Pain of death metal.

#ONLYSLAMISREAL

Psytopsy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:47 am 

circleofdestruction wrote:
Amy the dog (2002-2011). Border collie mix. My most metal pet, obviously.

Current dogs: (dachshund/bassett hound mixes)
Odin.
He's my brave dog. Here he is lounging on the couch.

Augustus George:
Odin's brother, and sort of cowardly. He likes to kill birds and rabbits in the backyard just about every day, then bring them inside. It's kind of gross, but probably pretty metal.

I used to have rabbits, guinea pigs, anoles, and fish.
Dachshund/basset hound mix? I WANT ONE

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:22 pm 

Here's a few of my dog Coach.

One of him the day after we got him in December 2010.

One of him from back in April.

One of him from last Tuesday.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Incantation
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:19 pm 

deicidefan wrote:
No love for our underwater friends ???
I have two Tiger Oscars that are totally brutal death. I've even gotten them to jump out of the tank about a foot to grab food out of my fingers. They are pretty much the puppies of the sea and they'll come out and greet you every time you walk by. They are also vicious as fuck and will completely decimate some maggots/ nightcrawlers or pretty much any other fish you put in the tank, which ive made the mistake of doing.

I grew up with fish, don't have any anymore, but we used to have tanks built into our walls and there was a room that was supposed to be a storage room that we used to take care of the tanks, but if you didn't go in that room it just looked like you were at the Aquarium. We had tons of African Cichlids and some more exotic salt water fish as well. I also had a trio of mudskippers for quite awhile, those were really neat. Fish are very metal \m/

mcmufffins
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:20 pm 

This is Tyson. He isn't metal at all, but he is cute and I love him.

tolerancezero666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:03 pm 

well it's not a picture of my actual hedgehog but they pretty much look the same.
Hurts strangers who get too close, hisses at people, sleep all day and lives at night. That's pretty metal

Reply to topic Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next