Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm 

talvikki77 wrote:
I think Subrick's paint looks all right, but he looks damn happy for someone wearing corpse paint. Of course, I always make that mistake too. Don't have a grim bone in my body.

I have one but you're not old enough to see it...

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:14 pm 

I went on a trip recently.
Ive went through about half 3/4 of the pics i took.
Some are really cool.

First we(my brother, me and my father) went to bogaskale/hattusa

Spoiler: show

Hattusa was the capital of the hittite empire but now its a place where cows live

The sphynx gate

We visited the local museum and that had a lot of decent pieces but the most memorable was the old sanctuary they used for worshipping. It still had a mystical atmosphere.

The day after we went a bit more south and went to cappadocia. One of the most famous parts of anatolia.

travelling in crust/i look fantabulous

first sign we were heading towards a weird land was the desolate landscape.

this was right in the middle of the town we were staying at. Yes people actually carved their homes from the rock in ancient times.

The next day we started visiting the area. Erosion can work in such peculiar ways.

more weirdness

Downright sci-fi movie set

yes you can walk right through it.

i have more pics of the underground cities but those havent been processed yet, but first have a panorama picture

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:10 pm 

Some more of me with the paint from Saturday. Hopefully I look grim enough for talvikki's liking.

These next two have our guitarist Josh in them, and you can see just how fucking beat I was after the show. Note that the paint was just kind of melting off my face at this point.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

MalignantTyrant
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:12 pm 

Digging the Dusk...and Her Embrace shirt, Subrick

Also, I was bored and took it upon myself to listen to Sorrowseed. Remind me why you guys aren't signed again?

BastardHead wrote:
Of all the people want to bully like a 90s sitcom bully, Trunk is an easy top 3 finish. When I inevitably develop lung cancer I'm going to make my Make-A-Wish request to be to give him a swirly.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:53 pm 

Holy jesus christ are you guys a parody band?

Terri23
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:14 pm 

MalignantTyrant wrote:

Also, I was bored and took it upon myself to listen to Sorrowseed. Remind me why you guys aren't signed again?

Because they aren't a slam band. Obviously.

Riffs wrote:
It's been scientifically proven that appreciating Black Sabbath helps increase life expectancy, improves happiness, bumps your salary by 11 thousand dollars annually, helps fight cavities and increases penis size.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:56 pm 

Picture I took while I was taking shots of my current set up at my recording/jam place.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:31 am 

Jonpo wrote:

That really has to be some of the worst corpsepaint/metal makeup I've seen. That last picture is especially bad.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
SLK's gear and stuff.

Wow. That is quite impressive. Looks like a fun getup.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:20 am 

dystopia4 wrote:
That really has to be some of the worst corpsepaint/metal makeup I've seen. That last picture is especially bad.

Like I said, it was just dripping off my face at that point from the sweat. By the time that last photo was taken, most of it had come off simply from said perspiration. The paint itself was water based as that's what the guy uses, so no wonder that throughout the set (wherein I get very animated and headbang-y, I might add) it was gradually just coming off leaving bigger chunks of tan as opposed to white. The couple times I've done my own paint I've done it with straight greasepaint, and while it's very good at staying on throughout a set, it's an absolute bitch to get off afterward without either a shower, at least 3 big wet towels, or both.

MalignantTyrant wrote:

Dusk is one of my favorite albums ever, and it's from a time where Cradle of Filth were indeed symphonic black metal. Band shirts are kinda my signature stage thing, as I'm the only one who wears them onstage and it's a lot better than putting on my dress shirt in the summer.

As for the whole "Why aren't you signed?" thing, I'm not one of those guys who really cares if my band gets signed or not. As long as I'm doing my music, I'm content. The only thing getting signed would really improve is the places we play, and even then we haven't played a true shithole in quite a long while (the last time we did is why I get a foul taste in my mouth whenever someone mentions Coney Island to me). We've got a press kit that we're sending out for the new album we've got dropping in a couple months, but if nothing comes from it it won't be the end of the world to me.

Although being a slam band could help with that. Melodic blackened slam sound good to anyone?

Nah, didn't think so.

Jonpo wrote:

Firstly, as I've said a couple times already, my paint was coming off gradually throughout the night from sweat, so of course it looks kinda crappy in some of the photos. Secondly, do take a minute to listen to our stuff before calling us a parody band. The link is in my signature if you so desire.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:27 am 

I didn't call you a parody band, I asked if you were. It has nothing to do with you man, it's that other guy. And I'm sorry if this sounds dismissive but I DO judge bands by the cover they present. If you guys were opening for a band I'm there to see and he walked on stage like that...I'm walking out before a note gets played. It might be my loss in the end, but I'm willing to take that risk.

Thumbman
Big Cube

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:30 am 

The sweat wearing it off is fair enough, but the camo guy has no excuse, haha.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:39 am 

This is what it looked like in the context of the full group.

The bassist we had for this show was a fill in, as our normal bassist had a prior booked date with his other band Prime Evil in Rhode Island that night.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:41 am 

Well it's certainly better in low light? I'm just not sure what to say about dude's choices...he looks like some kind of rambo sambo.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:44 am 

Is the singer wearing a wig? I remember her atrocious bald head and I'm shivering.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:49 am 

He normally doesn't do paint of any sort. The last time he did the straight black and white paint he said he looked awful in it, although I beg to differ on that with him. Hell, not even I do paint often solely because I think it's more hassle than it's worth. The only guy in the band who regularly does paint is our regular bassist, who deliberately does it really smeared and smudged and messy looking.

This is what Josh (camo paint guy) did the last time he got all made up for a show.

The majority of the time he'll just go onstage with a dress shirt, tie, and bandana, face uncovered. We used to wear gas masks onstage, but we stopped doing that for various reasons. He for his then-new role as live backing vocals, I because gas masks really hurt my eyes.

And yes, Tony, she does have on a wig. She'll sometimes do that for shows, but most of the time she'll just be bald. It works more when we do the BDSM crucifixion shit onstage, although we've kinda been skimping on that since the start of the year due to venue sizes and whatnot. Before she shaved her head she had these ridiculously long and thick dreadlocks. Not as crazy as Brian Fair from Shadows Fall, but still quite nuts. When she finally cut them off a couple years ago, the rest of her hair that was left was just disgusting and ruined from all the various dye jobs and whatnot, so she shaved that off too.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:57 am 

Nochielo wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
SLK's gear and stuff.

Wow. That is quite impressive. Looks like a fun getup.

Thanks. it is and it's loud.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:49 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
Picture I took while I was taking shots of my current set up at my recording/jam place.

Fuck! I bet you could cause a minor earthquake with this gear

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:01 am 

I should try to find those pictures from BAPTIST's first show....lemme see.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 pm 

Marag wrote:
ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

Fuck! I bet you could cause a minor earthquake with this gear

haha most likely. I'm actually looking to secure another few cabs. I have some more on watch and some leads, just haven't jumped cause nothing has been crazy cheap yet. I haven't even turned on everything at once, I think if I did the neighborhood adjacent to me will lose power. haha

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 pm 

Look what I found on Hyves (the Friendster of The Netherlands); an old picture of me playing with a bit of fire. (shot taken in 2008)

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:34 pm 

crises79 wrote:
Look what I found on Hyves (the Friendster of The Netherlands); an old picture of me playing with a bit of fire. (shot taken in 2008)

Cool! That's something I should try to do once in my life (but NOT the last one)!
LOL!

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:38 pm 

thinking about making this my profile pic where I'm raging about having the oldest phone ever:

crises79, you should've been wearing a black shirt at least. now it's not grym or kvlt :(

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:48 pm 

That's less of a beard and more just an extension of the face.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:52 pm 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:01 pm 

hahah to both and perfect selection with Morbid Saint, oh this is the kind of people I know cause this was the typical response to the picture I got:

http://imgh.us/yarr.jpg

^^Not work safe^^

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:02 pm 

How long have you been growing that thing for?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:07 pm 

the last time i shaved was 05. I stopped giving it a trim in 2011. so if I didn't trim it every so often for the first 6 years I was growing it, it probably would've been even longer.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:23 pm 

Seriously SLK, do you have Scandinavian blood running through your veins or something? Because you look like a fucking viking.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:24 pm 

The longest I've ever gone growing my face out was about 10 months from August 2011 to June 2012. I decided after staying clean shaven for a few months that I look stupid without facial hair, and the only other time I've shaven completely clean since was because I did a bad trim job that left the goatee I had at the time really lopsided.

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:28 pm 

The last time I was clean shaven was when I was 17, after that I always at least had something, be it a stupid stache, some fucking stupid looking soulpatch scruff on my chin. I just said fuck it at that time and wanted to roll with it. My wife has never seen me without a beard.

Xlxlx, hell I'm even starting to believe that I do but from what my family has told me my background is more in the german, french, irish decent. bastardly I'm doing my best to be a modern viking.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:30 pm 

The big question: Have you ever been a viking for Halloween since growing that beard? If not, what in the world are you waiting for?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:40 pm 

the last time I dressed up for Halloween was about 06, I was a pirate at that time.

I've posed for a few quick pics at renaissance festivals as such:

really not sure why I haven't done so, maybe just being busy. I have been asked by those who do those festivals to join up with several groups both fighting and the normal background people since I already had the look down.

hell the last time I dressed in costume was for Coast Con last year and I went as a Crossed. i posted those pics in here I believe.

this year I think for nola's con I'll be going as Pyramid Head since I have the build.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:00 am 

You're gonna dress up as Pyramid Head? Be sure to post some pics of that, man. Should be awesome.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:03 am 

Does the wife plan on getting all dressed up and whatnot?

ShaolinLambKiller
King Asshole

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:05 am 

yea she plans on going as one of those fucked up looking faceless nurses. it was her idea. hopefully everything works out to where we can get it all assembled in time. I'll def post pics!

crises79
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:47 am 

ShaolinLambKiller wrote:
crises79, you should've been wearing a black shirt at least. now it's not grym or kvlt :(

It was summer... kvlt, grimm, frostbitten were never my thing anyway.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:28 am 

au contraire, I'd say there's nothing in the world more grim than a t-shirt tucked into jeans.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am 

Jonpo wrote:
[Image

Grim.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:46 am 

It is grim how my eyes close right up when I attempt even the slightest of grins.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58 ... 174  Next