Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:41 pm 

That's not really Abrams' fault if Star Wars scraped its EU in favor of a new canon, they wanted something new that will surprise the fans. Not the whole Han and Leia's twin kids saga and everything.

Derigin is probably basing his comment on Abrams' Star Trek movies which are set in an alternative timeline and shit. I don't think we can compare the two though.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

thrashinbatman
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:52 pm 

While it sucks that we're losing some of the good aspects of the EU, like Jedi Knight or the Thrawn trilogy, I'm glad to lose shit like Dark Empire or the Glove of Darth Vader.

DennisDemoniarch
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:52 pm 

Considering I have a 6yr old son and a mortgage etc etc... I cannot say I really give a shit about the timeline events of any mystical fake universe, all I know is that JJ Atehams has done alright in the movie biz. Those Star Treks were damned good watching, and somehow I suspect the new Star Wars will actually play out like a movie now and not a hodge podge stitched together mess of shitty acting and poor scripting.

Star Wars will actually possibly be worthy of the fame after this guy is done making some decent movies of it (I hope)

As for the trailer... without posting some spoiler shit... I guess to avoid the whiny bitches, all I will say is that the opposite of the light side of the force bad guy aspect looked pretty fucking cool.

Nerds need to chill and maybe focus on the aspect this is just a movie series, not actually some galaxy far far away. haha

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:58 pm 

Saw it said somewhere that if JJ Abrams messes up Star Wars he will be Jar Jar Abrams. His work on Trek has already merited a demeaning name. Jar Jar Abrams will ruin Star Wars (even more). You have nothing to look forward to.

Unorthodox
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:01 am 

I basically turned 5 again when I saw the trailer for the new star wars. Couldn't help but start getting hyped as fuck when I saw the
Spoiler: show
millennium falcon pass a fuckload of tie fighters.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:43 am 

Yeah, I'm with Unorthodox. The trailer was cool as fuck and I'm super pumped about this movie. People complaining about the slightly different looking Millennium Falcon is hilarious to me (as is John_Sunlight's typical being a miserable bastard who hates fun and entertainment). Who knows if it even *is* the Falcon?

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:53 am 

You can find it funny all you want but when you have something that iconic you don't change the way it looks, especially to make it look uber lame and cgi. That'd be like flip-flopping the lightsaber colors for the light and dark side, or remaking th death star only coloring it hot pink instead.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:21 am 

It's a fine trailer that doesn't really indicate much at all about the finished product - not sure why they'd make it this early anyway, but eh. Seems ridiculous to get angry or upset over anything in this short teaser thing.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:34 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:
You can find it funny all you want but when you have something that iconic you don't change the way it looks, especially to make it look uber lame and cgi. That'd be like flip-flopping the lightsaber colors for the light and dark side, or remaking th death star only coloring it hot pink instead.

The hyperbole is strong with this one. :-P
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

waiguoren
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:56 am 

Erosion of Humanity wrote:

Well you've obviously never seen the prequels then, and I commend you for that. Personally I would like to see what Vader looks like naked (with pink boxers on, you perv!) but who the hell doesn't?

And speaking of Vader, I heard Luke is going to refer to him as "Daddy Darth" in VII, but that's just from the online vote Disney had so it's a legitimate change.

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:17 am 

I can't even tell a goddamn difference. What are you guys some sort of ultra-nerds?
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:07 am 

Well that depends, would an ultra nerd still have all his Star Wars CCG cards in mint condition sitting in binders in his attic waiting with baited breath, hoping that one day the game will finally come around again so he can bust out his cards to play?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:43 pm 

:lol:
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9