Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Unity
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:08 pm 

So, what non-metal albums to be released next year are you looking forward to? I first of all am very curious about the new Marilyn Manson - his latest one, Heaven Upside Down was his best album in a very long time and the best rock album of 2017. I'm also looking forward to the new Deathstars - IMO they're one of the best industrial rock bands out there and it's been like 6 years since their last. I'm also very curious about the new Arditi - they're definitely one of the better Martial Industrial bands of the past few years and it's been a long time since their last one too! ;)

jimbies
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:52 pm 

So far, I'm looking forward to Tame Impala, The 1975, Grimes (which has already leaked), Lana Del Rey (she has already announced a new one), Brian Fallon.

Springsteen apparently is going to release something with the E Street Band (finally) which would be a huge highlight for me. I also have no proof of this other than their instagram being active again, but i feel the Gaslight Anthem is going to do something. It might just be a tour, since Brian has a solo one coming. I think one of my favourite Canadian bands, The Wooden Sky, will be putting something out, too.

Timeghoul
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:08 pm 

I'm looking very much forward to the new Faith No More, if it ends up coming out in 2020.

FirebathDan
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:12 pm 

Hopefully Tears For Fears gets this album they’ve been threatening us with for years out in 2020. We’re getting into Chinese Democracy territory here.

Come to think of it, I’d also like them to get the 30th anniversary edition of The Seeds Of Love out in 2020 too. I’m especially interested in Steven Wilson’s 5.1 mix of that album, which was apparently completed at least 5 years ago.
Obliteration

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:53 pm 

Jawbreaker's apparently working on new stuff so I'm curious about that. Reunion albums, especially ones made after such a goddamn long time, are extremely hit or miss, though.

lordcatfish
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:04 pm 

Unity wrote:
I first of all am very curious about the new Marilyn Manson - his latest one, Heaven Upside Down was his best album in a very long time and the best rock album of 2017.

I'm curious about his new one too, but I thought Heaven Upside Down was easily one of the worst things he's ever done. Only two or three good songs at best.

Hoping for a new one from Tori Amos. She's supposedly touring next year, and has a book released in May as well, so fingers crossed there's new music on the way too.

The Offspring have had their album done and dusted for a while - that should finally see the light of day.

Angels & Airwaves are halfway through recording their new one according to a recent post from Tom Delonge. "Rebel Girl" was my favourite song of 2019 - if the record is up to that standard then it'll be something special.

Alice Cooper has spoken about a new album, with the Breadcrumbs EP supposedly an indication as to what it'll sound like (even if it was mostly covers). Promising if true.

Less Than Jake, Bon Jovi, H.e.a.t have confirmed albums. Alison Krauss, Maria Mena, Limp Bizkit and Guano Apes supposedly with stuff in the works. Gonna be a good year for me.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:25 am 

I just discovered this band called The Helix Nebula and I must admit that I'm kind of blown away, both by how good the music is and by the fact that I haven't discovered them earlier. Their debut EP has done insanely well on Bandcamp among other platforms. They're a very technical yet melodic progressive metal band, though they're kind of borderline when it comes to 'metal' (they're not on the archives either). Apparently they've been silently working on their debut full-length for the past few years (the EP was released in 2014) and it seems very likely that it will be released in 2020. Needless to say that I'm very hyped.

jimbies
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:47 pm 

lordcatfish wrote:
Hoping for a new one from Tori Amos. She's supposedly touring next year, and has a book released in May as well, so fingers crossed there's new music on the way too.

Oh, shit, I hope so too.

pale_horse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:18 am 

Rope Sect has something due out and I love them.

Does anyone know what's going on with Purity Ring?

MorbidEarth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:47 pm 

I'm hoping that we finally get that new album from The Cure that they've apparently been working on. That's definitely my most anticipated non-metal album this year if it happens. New material from Converge, Deftones, Faith No More, My Bloody Valentine, Queens Of The Stone Age and Wolf Alice would also be great.

SweetLeaf95
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 pm 

Green Day for sure. Revolution Radio was an incredible record, and I'm hoping the follow up is just as great!

KrigareTjovane
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:45 pm 

Looking forward to Tame Impala for sure. The singles released have been hit or miss for me, but Patience and Borderline might be my favorite songs Kevin's made so I'm preordering it regardless. I'm sure even if I'm not into the rest of it, it'll be a grower just like Currents was. I only liked half of that album for months and then it clicked and now it's one of my favorite albums of the 10s.

I'd love a new Perturbator album, hopefully one developing the sound from New Model further. It's music straight out of a Skynet factory and I'm all about that shit.

jimbies
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 8:55 pm 

MorbidEarth wrote:
Wolf Alice would also be great.

Just recently got turned on to Wolf Alice, and I really dig it.

l Lunaris l
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:14 am 

SweetLeaf95 wrote:
Green Day for sure. Revolution Radio was an incredible record, and I'm hoping the follow up is just as great!

Don't listen to Green Day much anymore honestly, however I am excited to see how this turns out. Revolution radio was pretty good, but was also a lot more pop than punk, and I'm hoping the new record has some more punk influence to it (really, just wishful thinking). Honestly though I'm just expecting a decent record with a couple bangers and not much more.

Speaking of punk, both The Chats and Peter's 1914 are probably going to release debut albums this year. They've been recording so it's only a matter of time. So there's some lesser known stuff I'm looking forward to.

PvtNinjer
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:58 am 

So far I'm pretty excited for the new Soccer Mommy coming out in February. Clean was one of my favs from a few years back, so I'm excited to see if they can strike gold again.

Any thoughts on the new Code Orange song? I thought Forever was pretty great and, I'm not gonna lie, this one felt weird at first. It's definitely grown on me though, and I can say I'm starting to look forward to seeing how the rest of it turns out.

JAYBLURTER
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:35 am 

New harsh noise album by Sydney noise freaks MILAT

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:45 pm 

Fiona Apple recently said she's almost done with her new album.

Bread Congregation
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:58 pm 

The new Frances Quinlan album that's out this Friday is really great. She's got one of the best voices in all of music, and this one doesn't disappoint.

Tekdeth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:38 pm 

The band Our Oceans (featuring 3 former members of Exivious) will have their sophomore album out somewhere this year. They play beautiful prog-rock, but it's quite different from Exivious. What isn't different however is the amazing quality of the music these guys make. Seriously, it's literally impossible for these guys to make an album that is not thoroughly enjoyable.

DeadKid
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:35 pm 

Not an album but local sci-fi influenced psych rock band Ripship will be releasing an EP. Their first single is out: https://ripship.bandcamp.com/track/man-after-man-2

PvtNinjer
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:15 pm 

Code Orange just put out a new track from their upcoming album and it is a fucking beast.

Spoiler: show

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:03 pm 

Alkaline Trio are back in the studio. After the absolute disaster that was blink-182's "Nine", I'm looking forward to this. "Is This Thing Cursed?" was one of my favorite non-metal albums of 2018 and I put it on the same level as the classic first 4 alk3 albums.

Also excited for whatever Face to Face is cooking up, I thought their last album was pretty good.

TadGhostal
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:19 pm 

Coriky, a new band featuring Ian MacKaye and Joe Lally from Fugazi, along with Amy Farina (MacKaye's partner in The Evens) just announced a new album.

On the reissue front, Wax Trax announced they are reissuing one of their very first records, the Strike Under 12" EP. Strike Under were one of the Chicago's earliest punk bands and the 12" was their only record and has been out of print since it was released in 1981 so I'm psyched about that.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:15 am 

Igorrr will release a new album, called Spirituality and Distortion. It features George "Corpsegrinder "Fisher as a guest on the already available track Parpaing.

https://igorrr.bandcamp.com/album/spiri ... distortion

LycanthropeMoon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:06 pm 

I really like this new Four Year Strong album a lot. Very fun and energetic, and certainly heavy by pop punk standards.

Reply to topic