Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:09 pm 

So anonthereaper's latest gig is calling himself a hacker now.

I hope to God that he's at least familiar with what Backtrack is and isn't one of those lame script kiddies who thinks opening up command prompt on a school computer is hacking.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:37 pm 

Can we not, people? It's a dead horse. Stop beating it you fucking perv-o's.

In other news, somebody start a thrash metal band and name your first album Atomic Transgression. You're welcome.

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:41 pm 

$10 for whomever can make out that logo.
Spoiler: show

korgull
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:58 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:

Looks like "Rag Weed" or there might be a third word that looks like "Core," which then stops me from making any sense of it as a whole because rag weed core would be a genre, not a band name.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:09 pm 

"Drag Queef Eclair"?

*Nods* Yep, "Drag Queef Eclair".

AcidWorm
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:11 pm 

Nope. :p

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:32 pm 

Drag Queen Fuckfest

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:53 pm 

Cross-posted from Rec Central:

Popping in to bring attention to an album that most of you probably haven't heard of - Heulend Horn Fragments from the 13th Century. This Argentinian one-man project is the creation of a guy with a separate symphonic dungeon synth band called Mitternacht, and you can hear the influence of that sound in the harmonic/melodic choices on show in this medieval-tinged slab of imaginative, pagan-y black metal. This basically sounds like a more compositionally creative Graveland, with that same grim chainmail vibe, but it's a more varied experience that manages to avoid the monotonous feeling that one sometimes gets from Darken's works. A really nice blend of dark, cold riffwork with ancient instrumental/symphonic narrative passages, medieval-ish interludes, all quite tastefully done despite some noticeable production limitations. Interesting find! Definitely recommended for fans of Graveland or the recent Emyn Muil debut, or just anyone looking for black metal that evokes an unusual, shadowy medieval atmosphere.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53YJzj3O2E

Stumbled across this via the Mitternacht interview at dungeonsynth.blogspot.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:12 pm 

AcidWorm wrote:

Whole picture looks like something that came out of Papa Nurgle's garden.

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:15 pm 

Erosion Of Humanity wrote:
Napero wrote:
My boss claimed that there's a new sexual harassment law in the works here. According to some law professor, it would essentially ban naked swimming at private summer cottages.

How the hell does being naked on your own property translate to sexual harassment?? Not even here in 'murica land of the right wing uber conservative nut job would that fly. Sure you can get slapped with indecent exposure if your neighbors feel like being ass holes but that's about it. Things over here aren't looking so bleak after all...

There's a dude here in the US who actually tried to put a ban on oral sex and masturbation, so yeah...

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:21 pm 

AppleQueso wrote:
There's a dude here in the US who actually tried to put a ban on oral sex and masturbation, so yeah...

It's funny when you start to think about how these people must want these potential laws to be enforced.

~Guest 293033
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:23 pm 

And here I would imagine that sodomy would be the first thing to up for banning

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:26 pm 

Against Such Things wrote:
And here I would imagine that sodomy would be the first thing to up for banning

Actually there were a ton of anti-sodomy laws in various states all the way up until 2003 when the Supreme Court struck them down.

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:44 pm 

AppleQueso wrote:

I've listened to the audio version of George Carlin's When Will Jesus Bring the Pork Chops and he mentions something along the lines of this, this isn't word for word but it's close enough:

"Some of these really religious people will say that masturbation is a form of self-abuse? Who are these people trying to fool?"

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:47 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Heulend Horn Fragments from the 13th Century

That was... really not good at all.

The eagle screams were very amusing, tho!

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:05 am 

Sir John, thou hath not the heart of a warrior!

You know you love the eagle screams.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:08 am 

Reposting this here for those who haven't seen the thread, and because I'm super pumped about it:

There's a new Entombed album coming out, which L.G. Petrov has described as going back to their death 'n' roll era. However, amidst all the the hubbub, it seemed like Alex Hellid (the only other original member in the band) was now out of the band. Apparently, he isn't even on this new album.

More importantly, though, it appears that Alex has joined back up with Uffe and Nicke Andersson as Entombed, so there are two Entombeds. Basically it's like Queensryche, except the more important instrumentalists are reuniting for the classic lineup. For now it sounds like it's just a live playing type of thing but the fact that they're making statements against L.G.'s use of the name Entombed makes me hopeful that they're working on new material that's more like LHP/Clandestine.

Pretty much metal announcement of the fucking year as far as I'm concerned.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

xThe__Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:43 am 

Anyone like Tommy Wright III? This track is so eerie, and his flow is flawless! Is there a rap thread I can discuss rap in?

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:07 am 

Nothing like getting tremendously ill with a stomach bug that makes you nearly shit yourself 6 times in one day.

Just peachy, I tell you.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

LlamaTrainer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:17 am 

Hope you get better soon, man. I've had a similar illness and it's fucking horrible.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:20 am 

I got some imodium from the store on the way home from school and it's helped keep me from needing to run to the bathroom every couple hours. I still feel like crap, though, and my gut still churns every so often. To make this whole illness so much more fun, I have a show in Massachusetts tomorrow that we're already missing one guy on due to fucking pneumonia of all things.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

AppleQueso
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:36 am 

Woah I got Veteran status now. I feel so... sophisticated. :-P

MacMoney
Man of the Cloth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:58 am 

Abominatrix wrote:
I feel kind of weird for not really enjoying The Gates of Slumber at all. Most of my friends into traditional doomish stuff seem to love them. I've even seen them live three times and never been moved.

What have you heard from them? Personally, I haven't been very impressed with the lot of them, but Hymns of Blood and Thunder was pretty good all in all.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 am 

Subrick wrote:
Nothing like getting tremendously ill with a stomach bug that makes you nearly shit yourself 6 times in one day.

Just peachy, I tell you.

Ah, I hate these. I had gastro a few years back and that was hopefully the first and last time I get that abomination.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:10 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Popping in to bring attention to an album that most of you probably haven't heard of - Heulend Horn Fragments from the 13th Century. [...]

I have to agree with John Sunlight for once. That was really bad, despite an interesting description. :nono:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:46 am 

I'm probably massively late to the party on this one, but this video is cool as hell:

http://www.awsm.com/13883/now-this-is-how-you-use-a-go-pro/

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

CrushedRevelation
Devil's right hand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:15 am 

Haha holy shit man! That was cool as hell.

My collection

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:38 am 

iamntbatman wrote:
I'm probably massively late to the party on this one, but this video is cool as hell:

http://www.awsm.com/13883/now-this-is-how-you-use-a-go-pro/

Wow! That was fantastic!

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:39 am 

So earlier this week a hunter-turned-poacher killed three policemen and a paramedic in the Lower Austrian woods after breaking through a roadblock. After the first shootout with the police/Austrian version of SWAT where one officer was injured (he later died from his wounds), that piece of shit specifically ambushed an ambulance that had been called in, killing one of the paramedics inside. Then the guy kills one cop, takes another as hostage and digs in in his secluded home in the woods. Where he is promptly surrounded by 100+ cops. Those guys have to call in support from a nearby army base (two friggin' APCs and another kind of armoured tread thingy I don't know the translation of) since the shooter is firing armour-piercing rounds that even the armoured vehicles of the police can't withstand. Long story short, the police advance and after having killed his hostage, the shooter commits suicide by getting into a sort of panic room and setting it on fire. Officials later discover that this psycho had a three-digit quantity of firearms in his house.

Shit like this hasn't happened since... well, I guess WW2 around here. Damn.

MikeyC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:45 am 

^ I heard about that. Intense stuff.

ZarathustraHead wrote:

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:59 am 

Evil never dies..
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

inhumanist
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:17 am 

Morrigan wrote:
Under_Starmere wrote:
Popping in to bring attention to an album that most of you probably haven't heard of - Heulend Horn Fragments from the 13th Century. [...]

I have to agree with John Sunlight for once. That was really bad, despite an interesting description. :nono:

I actually kind of liked it. Gonna browse youtube a bit for this artist and see where it goes.

Edit: Ugh, that basedrum sound... :ugh: The drums are generally kind of sucky. And the rest isn't great either.

*cleansing my ears*
If Summoning is the sugar of fantasy metal, is Manowar the bacon?

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:44 am 

I wasn't strongly impressed, but it wasn't really bad. It's atmospheric, mellow and a little weird. 50-60% territory based on that one song.

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:15 am 

Azmodes wrote:
So earlier this week a hunter-turned-poacher killed three policemen and a paramedic in the Lower Austrian woods after breaking through a roadblock. After the first shootout with the police/Austrian version of SWAT where one officer was injured (he later died from his wounds), that piece of shit specifically ambushed an ambulance that had been called in, killing one of the paramedics inside. Then the guy kills one cop, takes another as hostage and digs in in his secluded home in the woods. Where he is promptly surrounded by 100+ cops. Those guys have to call in support from a nearby army base (two friggin' APCs and another kind of armoured tread thingy I don't know the translation of) since the shooter is firing armour-piercing rounds that even the armoured vehicles of the police can't withstand. Long story short, the police advance and after having killed his hostage, the shooter commits suicide by getting into a sort of panic room and setting it on fire. Officials later discover that this psycho had a three-digit quantity of firearms in his house.

I feel a little odd that something like this doesn't seem out of place to me. It's fucking insane, no doubt; but living in the US, it feels like some shooting spree or wild stand off splashes across the news fairly regularly (Hell, we had 12 people die in a mass shooting in a Navy shipyard in Washington DC just this week), to the point that I find myself treating them like a natural disaster. Take in the basic details (who how many died, in what manner/caliber), pause for a moment to think of how ungodly destructive that act was, and then go on about your day.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:36 am 

inhumanist wrote:
I actually kind of liked it. Gonna browse youtube a bit for this artist and see where it goes.

Edit: Ugh, that basedrum sound... :ugh: The drums are generally kind of sucky. And the rest isn't great either.

Yeah, that other song you linked there sounded awful, turned it off like a minute in. That was from his preceding album... Fragments from the 13th Century generally seems like the only one worth checking out, and I definitely recommend it, particuarly for Graveland fans. The whole album is quite solid.

themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:37 am 

Cherry Coke is not as good as Vanilla Coke.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:47 am 

THEMICRULAH wrote:
Cherry Coke is not as good as Vanilla Coke.

Vanilla Coke is not as good as Pepsi Vanilla.

BastardHead wrote:
Everybody sucks, especially you.

Last edited by MetalCuresHeadaches on Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
themicrulah
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:48 am 

I remember that stuff. Lemon Pepsi was good too.
A MILE HIGH ROTTEN EGG AIR OF DEATH, ASSAULTS YOUR NOSTRILS!

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:12 am 

I haven't been into "non-traditional" colas for the most part, but I was a fiend for Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper. Heartbroken when it was taken off the market. :( Holiday Spice Pepsi was great, too. Should have brought that back every year!

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:22 am 

I don't even like cola, it makes me bloat up like a boomer. Sprite is where it's at.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 269, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275 ... 518  Next