Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
lastdodobird
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:02 pm 

Is there a way to filter the "New Posts" link so that it only shows me new posts from a certain board (e.g. - if I only want to see posts from Music Talk & Off-Topic)?

search.php?search_id=newposts

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm 

Woolie_Wool wrote:
I can't recall the last time I put a professionally made CD into my computer and iTunes didn't recognize it. iTunes' CD database is maintained by music listeners importing data to it, not Apple.

In that case, Sick6Six must never listen to metal again in order to preserve his kvlt status or he must commit ritual suicide.

VoidApostle
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 pm 

I don't suppose there are any horror buffs here who recognize the sample at the beginning of Blood Freak's Toxic Tomb? It's bugging the fuck out of me. :brick:

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:02 pm 

You know there's a whole thread for that over in metal discussion right? viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44082&start=600 :thumbsup:

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 9:58 pm 

Wilytank wrote:
Woolie_Wool wrote:
I can't recall the last time I put a professionally made CD into my computer and iTunes didn't recognize it. iTunes' CD database is maintained by music listeners importing data to it, not Apple.

In that case, Sick6Six must never listen to metal again in order to preserve his kvlt status or he must commit ritual suicide.

Haha I've been copying stuff to my computer and just in the last day I've put at least 10 CDs in my comp that it didn't recognize, at least I still have some metal to listen to :hail:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 10:26 pm 

Speaking of metal (it's ok to talk about metal here, right?) any of you folks picked up on Divine Element yet? Pretty sweet melodic death/black from Greece with a heroic vibe and very tight songwriting, really strong stuff overall. Plus it's a side project of Ayloss of Spectral Lore, so anyone familiar with his work would be right to expect good things from this. I wish they had more out so far than just their first full-length, but a damn good debut it is!

Something tells me Empyreal needs this. :thumbsup:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:20 pm 

Yeah, that was cool. Good riffs and I liked the epic song structure - definitely not cliche or anything, which is refreshing! Good shit, man - maybe I should check out that Spectral Lore band everyone's banging on about too, in time.

mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:30 am 

Double post- with one below

Last edited by mindshadow on Thu May 08, 2014 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:37 am 

Dude, just let it go and stop. The only reason everyone's continually piling onto you is that you are giving everybody material to pile on you. Nobody takes you seriously because you're just babbling on about stuff barely anybody cares about and in a manner so obnoxious that we cannot ignore you. Do you really not see the issue in spam messaging somebody dozens of times in over five months to no avail? That is literally following the definition of insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The best advice I can give you is to just stop posting for today and walk away from the computer, but I'm certain you won't follow that and make some kind of snide remark towards me, as you always do for anybody that dares disagree with you. If you weren't so easy to make fun of, nobody (or at least not fucking everyone) would be making fun of you. As mentioned, you're drawing all this attention to yourself and it's making it very, very, VERY easy for all of us to look at you, point, and laugh/shake our heads in amazement/both at the same time.

To reiterate, stop. For your own good.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Last edited by Subrick on Thu May 08, 2014 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
mindshadow
Echoes in an empty cranium

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:38 am 

@Zodijackyl - Why? I sent you pm's so everyone else would be spared yet more politics from me. As I continued after a while as you didn't respond further ,I sent you every article I could think of , then still getting no comment I questioned your stance. I tried to discuss this privately with you Zodijackyl.

@Subrick - not posting the same over and over but many different articles from different sources.

shouvince
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 6:40 am 

This is like a recurring feature on the board:

1. Mindshadow spams the FFA thread about UK political/social issues
2. Board members get annoyed with mindshadow
3. Mindshadow retaliates to emphasize his point
4. Name calling
5. Mindshadow goes quiet
6. Mindshadow talks about metal
7. Mindshadow gets bored of talking about metal
8. Repeat step 1

Napero wrote:
I just found death metal again after a break of almost a year. Nothing makes editing corporate Powerpoint presentations more fun than an overdose of coffee and Beneath the Folds of Flesh.

^ Any other modern gems like Sotajumala you've come across? Could either be from Finlandia or neighbouring countries.

false_icon
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 am 

Dear mindshadow,

Let's start by saying that I hold absolutely no anti-english feelings (even if I'm a fucking frog-eater), and I'm quite sympathetic with your views when I'm able to understand them.
At first, I blamed it on my limited grasp of english, but the more it goes, the more I'm sure that even native english speakers don't get your point.

You should try to be less cryptic, so that people can start an actual discussion, instead of being hostile to unintelligible posts from yours.
Also your posts could also relate more to your personal experience (or the one of people close to you who might have had a "zero hour contract"), and not only give factual information taken from the newspapers. That's a way to create empathy.

Here is an example:
mindshadow wrote:
So people here will have to work zero hour contracts or not receive benefits.
How will people pay mortgages/rent with no Idea how much money theyll earn each week?

When reading this, I didn't understand your point: what the fuck is a "zero hour contract"?
Also, your 2nd sentence makes one feels like England is totally like Bangladesh (which it is not, at least yet).
Don't be surprised that you get only one semi-hostile comment from Under_Starmere, while others ignore you and talk about Incantation (NP: Diablical Conquest :np: ).

Then, we get this explanation from you:
mindshadow wrote:
Because here people who are unemployed will have to travel to a place of work then find out they're not needed or can only work two hours that day - for minimum wage. We're going backward, I'm surprised the eu allow this as they recently deemed our benefits too low to survive on.

Now, I get what you want to say, and other people too, so a discussion started.
Answers from Under_Starmere, PvtNinjer, a new (longer) post from you, Pippin_Took, new post from you, Erosion of Humanity.

The information you give on british employment are interesting, can raise conversation (people from US and Canada told about their own local experience, so we have a bigger picture).

So please, make better, more understandable and personal posts!

EDIT: typo, etc.
To separate art from entertainment doesn't make sense anymore.

my trade list

Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:39 am 

mindshadow wrote:
@Zodijackyl - Why? I sent you pm's so everyone else would be spared yet more politics from me. As I continued after a while as you didn't respond further ,I sent you every article I could think of , then still getting no comment I questioned your stance. I tried to discuss this privately with you Zodijackyl.

Because the sensible thing to do when one doesn't receive a response after 5 months and a few dozen inquiries is not assume the receiver isn't interested, but rather that they're just waiting for the right piece of information. You have a strange, strange thought process, man. :scratch:

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 8:56 am 

Subrick wrote:
Dude, just let it go and stop. The only reason everyone's continually piling onto you is that you are giving everybody material to pile on you. Nobody takes you seriously because you're just babbling on about stuff barely anybody cares about and in a manner so obnoxious that we cannot ignore you. Do you really not see the issue in spam messaging somebody dozens of times in over five months to no avail? That is literally following the definition of insanity; doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The best advice I can give you is to just stop posting for today and walk away from the computer, but I'm certain you won't follow that and make some kind of snide remark towards me, as you always do for anybody that dares disagree with you. If you weren't so easy to make fun of, nobody (or at least not fucking everyone) would be making fun of you. As mentioned, you're drawing all this attention to yourself and it's making it very, very, VERY easy for all of us to look at you, point, and laugh/shake our heads in amazement/both at the same time.

To reiterate, stop. For your own good.

If Subrick is telling you to let it go, then you're doing something really wrong.

Also, Subrick's point is good for pretty much every scenario. I get bored easily these days so I'll just walk away for like, weeks at a time. It's awesome.

Also, I have something really important to say... Liege Lord? I posted a couple tweets saying that if I ended up not liking Liege Lord that I'd be super bummed out. It turns out Liege Lord is goddamn awesome, so everything is right with the world. Yes, it's my first time hearing Liege Lord. Yes, you should shut up about it.

Woolie_Wool
Facets of Predictability

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:28 am 

It is a scientific fact that people who don't like Liege Lord are communists.

UltraBoris wrote:
only Dio is real.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 9:48 am 

Woolie_Wool wrote:

Genetically, they have more in common with crabs than you or me. There's no real evidence, but it's a scientific fact.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:26 am 

mindshadow wrote:

The problem was never that you were posting about politics, the problem was how you were posting about politics, which you continued to do after having it explained and being told that you were missing the point. I'm not sure why you were so averse to simply posting in a dedicated thread rather than posting in the FFA.

false_icon wrote:
Dear mindshadow,

Let's start by saying that I hold absolutely no anti-english feelings (even if I'm a fucking frog-eater), and I'm quite sympathetic with your views when I'm able to understand them.
At first, I blamed it on my limited grasp of english, but the more it goes, the more I'm sure that even native english speakers don't get your point.

You should try to be less cryptic, so that people can start an actual discussion, instead of being hostile to unintelligible posts from yours.
Also your posts could also relate more to your personal experience (or the one of people close to you who might have had a "zero hour contract"), and not only give factual information taken from the newspapers. That's a way to create empathy.
So please, make better, more understandable and personal posts!

:thumbsup:

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:36 am 

Woolie_Wool wrote:

I'd sooner associate with communists than people who don't like Liege Lord!

Shameless plug: Orion and I did an extensive interview with Matt Vinci about all things Liege Lord, going as deep as their connections to Yes, Blue Oyster Cult, and Sir Mix-A-Lot. The very literal transcription adds some humor to it.

http://contaminatedtones.blogspot.com/2 ... vinci.html

Poisonfume
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:38 am 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Speaking of metal (it's ok to talk about metal here, right?) any of you folks picked up on Divine Element yet? Pretty sweet melodic death/black from Greece with a heroic vibe and very tight songwriting, really strong stuff overall. Plus it's a side project of Ayloss of Spectral Lore, so anyone familiar with his work would be right to expect good things from this. I wish they had more out so far than just their first full-length, but a damn good debut it is!

Something tells me Empyreal needs this. :thumbsup:

Great band, I was told a while ago that they'd be working on new material but I haven't heard any news since.

Also, I cracked the fuck up watching this, found on reddit:

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:44 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Woolie_Wool wrote:

I'd sooner associate with communists than people who don't like Liege Lord!

I actually think it was you who brought up Liege Lord originally like ten pages ago and I asked about it and that's what spawned this conquest.

insAnum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:53 am 

Alright, now I'm a "Metal Demon". Now, I heard something about a complimentary blowjob and a sandwich?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:02 am 

insAnum wrote:
Alright, now I'm a "Metal Demon". Now, I heard something about a complimentary blowjob and a sandwich?

I'll grab some TNT and do a good job blowing you up. Which pile of sand do you want this done at?

insAnum
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 11:47 am 

Wilytank wrote:
I'll grab some TNT and do a good job blowing you up. Which pile of sand do you want this done at?

How about I just blow you, then we can go for sandwiches and call it a day?

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:21 pm 

Napero wrote:
Nothing makes editing corporate Powerpoint presentations more fun than an overdose of coffee and Beneath the Folds of Flesh.

ha. yes, this kicks ass. I hadn't heard the album before, so I'm youtube-ing it while I work on formatting and reference hunting for a final. I see what you mean. Speaking of which .. ANOTHER TRACK, ANOTHER CUP!!

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:27 pm 

I can't remember who I was talking to in the FFA about how Mountain Dew Baja Blast should be available in stores, dontlivefastjustdie maybe?

Anyways, HEAD'S UP FUCKERS, you can buy it on shelves now. I woke up at about 5:30 a.m. and one of my room mates had bought a 12pack of cans and put it on the counter with a big note. I know I'm the saddest fat fuck in the world because when I flipped on the kitchen light and read "Baja Blast" on the case, I literally gasped.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:31 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
I can't remember who I was talking to in the FFA about how Mountain Dew Baja Blast should be available in stores, dontlivefastjustdie maybe?

Anyways, HEAD'S UP FUCKERS, you can buy it on shelves now. I woke up at about 5:30 a.m. and one of my room mates had bought a 12pack of cans and put it on the counter with a big note. I know I'm the saddest fat fuck in the world because when I flipped on the kitchen light and read "Baja Blast" on the case, I literally gasped.

Whoa. Taco Bell recently added diet Baja Blast, which is awesome because I drink a lot of it when I stop at Taco Bell and I'd rather not add 1000 calories from sugar when I'm already eating a ton of simple carbs from the tortillas.

iamntbatman
Chaos Breed

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:33 pm 

This is the greatest news in recent memory. I should see if I can give myself diabetes before I leave the country.

GLOAMING - death/doom | COMA VOID - black/doom/post-rock

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:40 pm 

It's very rare that I see Mountain Dew of any type in the soda fountains of fast food places here. Most of them have Coke product fountains and not a whole lot have Pepsi product fountain. Just waiting on Pepsi to create their version of the Coke Freestyle machine so we can finally get Crystal Pepsi back!

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:00 pm 

And so the sad ban of destiny has happened. Farewell mindshadow, we hardly knew what ye were talking about.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 514, 515, 516, 517, 518