Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:51 pm 

Venn Diagram: How come detox is on there? Is there something bollocks-y about it that I'm missing? .. yet it's sitting uncomfortably close to religious bollocks. maybe that's its insidious nature .. pff "angel therapy" :lol: wot tha fuck.

the_raytownian
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:51 pm 

Hircine wrote:
I know cracked.com, I just don't go looking for dongs everywhere I go.

Boy, I sure do...
Spoiler: show
I didn't see the peni either, except when I tried to find what they were talking about. Those are some highly abstracted dick heads, though. I would've never seen them without someone suggesting I look for them.

Atrocious_Mutilation wrote:
Well, looks like we've started the somberlain93 bingo game. The rules are if he says something bigoted towards a group of people, tick it off your list.

I've got sexism and racism down. Once we get homophobia, handicapism and anti-feminism we've got it all! ;)

I think I've had my fill of that thread (and user).
I'm just going to do the responsible, boring old person thing and put him on ignore like I already do with so many of you flthy, dirty, despicable people ( :love: ), despite the fact that I still read most ignored posts and then act like I didn't.

Even if it fails to keep me from reading stuff, it gives me a reason to keep my mouth shut when I feel like responding to it.

I think I can resist reading that user's particular variety of posting pretty easily, though.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:58 pm 

Could this very well be the greatest band picture ever put on MA?......... :ah-ha: amazing.

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:04 am 

The_Apex_of_Collapse wrote:
Could this very well be the greatest band picture ever put on MA?......... :ah-ha: amazing.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Those faces are priceless.

last.fm

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:21 am 

Holy shit. :lol:

So this is the band: http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Glo ... 3540361647

Alestorm guy's on keys.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:26 am 

Looks like their album just dropped too. Probably pretty bad though.

last.fm

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:36 am 

The guy in the middle looks straight out of some medieval Super Sentai shit, man.

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:48 am 

Anything THAT ridiculous is worth at least one passing listen for me, if nothing more than just background noise. Keep in mind, I share the same relative geographic location as Alternate Reality so my standards for Nth-rate independent heavy metal bands is already quite low.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:36 am 

Sooooooo..... I just looked up what furries are.

Stupid fucking curiosity.

Menternor
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:29 am 

You didn't know yet? Weird, they are everywhere.

Aaahhh how I miss the times when searching for something in google didn't include little pictures that belonged in google images anyway. I saved myself from a lot of mental scarring when I decided to search for some really disturbing stuff with terms that sparked my curiosity (and which I will not post, because nobody listens when they tell you not to search for something) and only got the definition in text...thanks old Google.

By the way, anybody has photos of mist-shrouded ruins? I think watching some would go nicely while listening to some Ea albums.

Hircine
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:44 am 

Gloryhammer doesn't work as well as Alestorm because where Alestorm are obviously taking the piss I could quite easily see this being a genuine song from Rhapsody of Fire or any other of those awful bands.

Also it's late March and it's still snowing, where the fuck do I live, Westeros?

Wolfgong wrote:
By the way I am straight and male and get a kick outta tricking chicks to get into their pussy

doomster999
Keeper of the Dreary Realm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:21 am 

Dafuq! LOTR meets Star Wars? :lol:
Infact I use to have a relly hot friend from there but unfurtunetly the last party we have I was really wasted and grab her ass and it cause a huge problem. Her dad (that is a marine) wants to ripp my nuts... thinks are not the same...

Last.fm

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:53 am 

Had a killer show tonight in Pennsylvania. Met Goatfangs there, wherein between sets he'd show me pictures of his bugs.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:29 am 

Grave_Wyrm wrote:
Venn Diagram: How come detox is on there? Is there something bollocks-y about it that I'm missing?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Detoxifica ... e_medicine)

There were actually a few I had to look up on Wikipedia. I'm falling behind in my knowledge on things designed to separate idiots from their cash.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 am 

I'm buying this based on that picture alone.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:16 am 

Not sure why I even bothered to check if they were power metal or not.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:12 pm 

Subrick wrote:
Met Goatfangs there, wherein between sets he'd show me pictures of his bugs.

How surprising.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:18 pm 

Necroticism174 wrote:
Subrick wrote:
Met Goatfangs there, wherein between sets he'd show me pictures of his bugs.

How surprising.

He told you he got pictures with Dio, Lemmy, and Halford and then, voila, you see he meant his mantises.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Goatfangs
58.2% Metal

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:46 pm 

Hmm... never actually named a mantis Lemmy or Halford before. I think I'll keep that in mind.

Dio... yes, I remember Dio. He was a strange mantis, had quite the personality. Also, the first time I attempted to breed mantises involved Dio and a female named Kit. She died before laying an egg case, unfortunately. Dio survived the ordeal because I kept giving Kit crickets throughout the night and the next day. He was also smart enough to fly off as soon as he was done. Also - he had a bizarre habit of trying to mate with my finger. I think one of the other Hierodula membrenacea (Giant Asian mantis, which is what Dio was) males had a similar habit as well. All they would do is grip on with all six legs and curl their abdomen underneath my finger presumably searching for the tip of a female mantis' abdomen. Pulling them off was a bit tricky, since attempting to do so Dio would tighten his grasp with his raptorial claws. Can't pull too hard or they'll be ripped in half, especially since male mantises are more delicate than females.

I could give the names Lemmy and Halford to the two ghost mantises (although one of them has a somewhat unofficial name of Zander) - I got three female ghost mantises. I could name one Doro, the other Lita (as in Lita Ford), but I'm not sure what name to give the third one.

I could, perhaps, name the two Orchid mantis males Halford and Ghaal... while the aforementioned ghost mantis named Zander stays Zander and the other is named Lemmy.

I'm open to suggestions for names. The third ghost mantis female had a bad molt, she can only use two of her hind legs. She will have a tough time on her next molt though I will try everything or be inventive to help her through it, but it's very possible she'll have an even worse molt, get trapped in her old skin and die. So, I might not name her.

And they'll tell you black is really white - The moon is just the sun at night - And when you walk in golden halls - You get to keep the gold that falls - It's Heaven and Hell

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:50 pm 

Gay.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:54 pm 

He has a Scyther of course.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

newp
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:21 pm 

Gotta catch 'em all!

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:30 pm 

Napero wrote:
separate idiots from their cash.

oh THAT. Right. Eating a bunch of husks to rasp the poor unsuspecting colon. I thought the diagram meant drug detox.

"I'm going to go on retreat and into a much needed blood cleanse." .. uh .. You mean like Keith Richards?

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:09 pm 

Last edited by Metantoine on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
self censorship, I went too far, here's a kitten instead

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:14 pm 

That cat is far too cool for that guy.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:15 pm 

Hail Satan, indeed.

Last edited by Metantoine on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image removed

TheOldOne
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:16 pm 

Nice cat. Owner isn't as cool.

last.fm

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:27 pm 

Because posting about it on the board he's been banned from and indirectly insulting him for his appearance relative to what he writes on the internet is totally the appropriate and mature response for a mod. Come on Metantoine, you're better than that.

In other news, it has come to my attention that I STILL haven't heard the new Darkthrone. What the hell is wrong with me. :(

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:28 pm 

So earth hour is a mere 2 hours away for me less for you east coasters. Is any body else participating in this tonight?

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Napero
GedankenPanzer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:53 pm 

80's fantasy movies have something seriously wrong with them. The Goonies sucked, Dark Crystal is something my kids didn't understand, and Krull is indescribably awful. I still have Labyrinth to show to the kids, but I don't think they'll like it.

Comedy-horror, on the other hand.. I only yesterday found out there's a part 3 to House, and Evil Dead will remain a favourite.

GuntherTheUndying
Crimson King, Eater of Worlds

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:56 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
He has a Scyther of course.

"Hey! You're not wearing shorts!!"- Goatfangs

Obligatory Last FM Link

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:41 pm 

Napero wrote:
80's fantasy movies have something seriously wrong with them. The Goonies sucked, Dark Crystal is something my kids didn't understand, and Krull is indescribably awful. I still have Labyrinth to show to the kids, but I don't think they'll like it.

Comedy-horror, on the other hand.. I only yesterday found out there's a part 3 to House, and Evil Dead will remain a favourite.

Totally agreed, 80's fantasy is mostly ass. The Neverending Story is kind of okay though.

There's a House 3? :???:

*runs to the internet*

Edit: Sweet Jesus, there's even a fourth one...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:48 pm 

Napero wrote:
Try Willow instead.

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Grave_Wyrm
Metal Sloth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:07 pm 

HAHA KRULL IS TERRIBLE!!

I agree with Morrigan. I don't like Willow anymore, but at their age I watched it a lot.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm 

Val Kilmer in Willow! <3 What happened, Val? What!

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:10 pm 

The band and I listened to the new Bad Religion record on the road trips to and from Pennsylvania yesterday. I love it. All the songs being under 3 minutes makes them all quite easy to remember, as well as the music being some of the best the band have done in quite a while.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:12 pm 

Metantoine wrote:
Val Kilmer in Willow! <3 What happened, Val? What!

He got old and fat, like 99% of human beings out there...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:14 pm 

I LOVE fat Val Kilmer. He makes every movie 12% more enjoyable. Which is very needed considering he's only been in terrible movies like The Stranger for the last 15 years.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:19 pm 

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is quite cool, he's a gay private detective in that!

DrFunkenstein
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:36 pm 

Does anyone have any experience with the Megadeth vinyl repressings? I'd love to grab a copy of Rust in Peace, but I have a feeling it's the remastered fucked-with version.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 518  Next