Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
TheStormIRide
Certified Poser

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:02 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
I do wear glasses, but my hair is (thankfully) intact, officer. I am fairly sure that you're mistaking me for someone else :nods:

Carry on then... Honestly I was laughing in my chair just thinking of George shoving the old lady with the walker. Be thankful for your hair then... mine left a long time ago.

TheRealThing wrote:
Firefighter: How do you live with yourself?

George: It's not easy.

Hilarious. It's hard to pick a favorite scene, but I still have to go with the "I was in the pool!" one. George is one of my favorite TV personalities of all time.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:33 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9LpMZuBEMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hIojjA3A4

I think the second one is the better version of this song.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:54 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9LpMZuBEMk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_hIojjA3A4

I think the second one is the better version of this song.

I hate you so much for making me hear this. At least put some trigger warning on your post next time you post stuff like that!

bassistneededlolnot
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:17 pm 

So I started to run downstairs from my bedroom to the kitchen to grab something to eat last night and had to pause because I overheard my roommate talking to his mom over the phone about how he's "Tired of God never communicating back to him" and how "not a single one of my friends will help me with my problems".

It took me four months to realize I have been living with Dave Mustaine.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 pm 

Why have I never, ever seen even one usage of the insult "Metallicaca"? It seems so obvious now.

Sorry, I know my ponderings sometimes seem a bit overly weighty and mature for this forum.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:04 pm 

I still want to hammer the idiomatic expression "going Veracs" into the common parlance on this board. A guy can dream...
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:03 pm 

Veracs being the personification of ape shit? At least that's my takeaway... not sure what that would mean otherwise.

Marag
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:08 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
Veracs being the personification of ape shit? At least that's my takeaway... not sure what that would mean otherwise.

"going Civil" would be more appropriate in this case.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:38 pm 

I adore "going Veracs" and support this movement.

OH WE SHOULD MAKE IT A CUSTOM TITLE.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:44 pm 

And bestow it upon who?

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:46 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:

Nah, more like having ridiculous and nonsensical, often over the top opinions of bands, and shoving them down everyones' throat constantly. Ha ha.

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:49 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
And bestow it upon who?

The next Civil/Detinos/Lippyass that rears its malformed skull.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:12 pm 

Yeah I don't understand how apeshit translates to really really opinionated and tactless. He seems to enjoy himself though, it's no big deal. I remember when I wanted to have convictions about stuff!

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:15 pm 

Sometimes I agreed with what he said. But he was just a real dick and a lot of what he said was just ludicrous. Half the time it was like he didn't even really listen to what he was bashing.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:19 pm 

Jonpo wrote:
Yeah I don't understand how apeshit translates to really really opinionated and tactless.

It doesn't...that wasn't really the point of the joke. But anyway, I guess I missed most of the Veracs insanity because he never seemed like much more than a somewhat socially inept dick to me, not really anything memorable or super egregious. Maybe I just didn't follow the particular threads in which he displayed his, er, talents.

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:21 pm 

He pretty much just reminds me of me about 6 years ago. If I like something it's literally the greatest thing ever, if I don't care for something it's the absolute nadir of all things music

Lotta past tense going on, I guess he got shown the door. I never saw him being anything besides loud and harmless.

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:24 pm 

How often do you guys feel overwhelmed in the metal world? I'm a big music fan in general, and metal is overwhelming me in what I can find. I feel like there's so much I HAVE to listen to, so much I HAVE to own. Its bothering me to no end.

With that though, I feel a lot of guilt at wanting so much. We don't exactly have a big house (We live in a double wide), so my parents have always pushed the philosophy of less material items and more spiritual. (Their way of saying quit buying shit that takes up space and be happy with the cash you save.) We've also never been the best off money wise, so I didn't grow up with much toys wise and such compared to many others I knew, and I always found it weird they owned so much, much of which they didn't appreciate. I've gotten to the point of loving stuff a lot more once I own it, so having stuff I won't use/listen to drives me nuts.

I'm also getting a bit burnt out by metal, and I'm aggravated that so much I like is from bands that have ceased to exist. I want new stuff too.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:33 pm 

If you're exhausted, the best option is to just give up. If you're not willing to spend all your savings on metal, you might as well start tying a flannel shirt around your waist.

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm 

Under_Starmere wrote:
If you're exhausted, the best option is to just give up. If you're not willing to spend all your savings on metal, you might as well start tying a flannel shirt around your waist.

Not sure if a grunge joke, or a poor joke.

Its just overwhelming to me. Between doom and power metal, I can find enough music I like to never listen to anything but metal again. But I don't want that. But I also don't want to be one of those guys who listens to Maiden and Dio and nothing else. It took me forever to find a way to get metal I wanted, and now that I have it, I'm overwhelmed.

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 pm 

Dammit, stop listening to metal right now or you'll regret it for the rest of your life. Drink some water and come back to the computer after you've had a sleep.

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:44 pm 

Starmere is right! There's so much more to the world of music than metal. Find some stuff that isn't metal and get into that. Listen to some relaxing music. Stars of the Lid, Spain's album Blue Moods of Spain, Codeine's album Frigid Stars... anything but metal! As a mortal being you need to accept that you won't get to experience every great thing there is, including music. Just enjoy and cherish what you have and what you have time to listen to.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:54 pm 

Doomed Cowboy wrote:
How often do you guys feel overwhelmed in the metal world? I'm a big music fan in general, and metal is overwhelming me in what I can find. I feel like there's so much I HAVE to listen to, so much I HAVE to own. Its bothering me to no end.

With that though, I feel a lot of guilt at wanting so much. We don't exactly have a big house (We live in a double wide), so my parents have always pushed the philosophy of less material items and more spiritual. (Their way of saying quit buying shit that takes up space and be happy with the cash you save.) We've also never been the best off money wise, so I didn't grow up with much toys wise and such compared to many others I knew, and I always found it weird they owned so much, much of which they didn't appreciate. I've gotten to the point of loving stuff a lot more once I own it, so having stuff I won't use/listen to drives me nuts.

I'm also getting a bit burnt out by metal, and I'm aggravated that so much I like is from bands that have ceased to exist. I want new stuff too.

You can't feel guilty for wanting we all do especially when you see marmer's posts in the recent purchase's thread. I spend around $40-50 a week purely on CDs most of them metal and my list of bands to check out is still over 300 artists long and counting. It's a never ending cycle. Bands that are no more are actually my favorite because then once you own all their stuff you're done, it's simple and that's how I like it. And is you get burnt out on metal then listen to something else, it's that simple.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:04 pm 

Well, I can sit around and listen to other stuff all I want, it won't change how I feel anytime I decide I need to look for a new band on here. Looking through never ending lists of bands drives me nuts.

And I listen to other stuff 90% of the time. I only really get to listen to metal when I'm home alone. Around friends and family, I stick to country and a bit of rock. Listening in the car is out of the question, because the guy who owned my car before me ghetto rigged the radio and it blew up on me one day. Didn't realize till after.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:35 pm 

Ummmm excuse me?

This is the METAL archives guy, you are only allowed to listen to metal here, it's in the rules.

Please remove yourself from the forums.

:getout: :ah-ha:

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:36 pm 

Just listen to what you feel like. I've had times when I felt I "had" to listen to more diverse shit for whatever reason, but really it can't be forced - listen to what makes you happy.

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:40 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Ummmm excuse me?

This is the METAL archives guy, you are only allowed to listen to metal here, it's in the rules.

Please remove yourself from the forums.

:getout: :ah-ha:

Go do questionable things with a sheep. :D

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:42 pm 

Am I missing an inside joke here about IAV or are you confusing Australians with Kiwis?

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:05 pm 

MutantClannfear wrote:
Am I missing an inside joke here about IAV or are you confusing Australians with Kiwis?

I've heard sheep jokes applied to Kiwi's, Aussies, the Welsh, and according to some, Romanians. I just wanted to return fire, even though I appear to be mixing up my stereotypes.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:26 pm 

Yeah c'mon dude, there's much better fodder you could have used.

Iiiirregardless I was only kidding.

Doomed Cowboy
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:33 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Yeah c'mon dude, there's much better fodder you could have used.

Iiiirregardless I was only kidding.

Aaaaasss was I.

Also, DOOM.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 pm 

I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Iiiirregardless

The prefix "i-" means "opposed to" or "contrary" and the suffix "-less" also means "opposed to" or "contrary", so you are using a double negative which means they are canceling each other out leaving "regard". That doesn't make any sense in this context.

Sorry to be a grammar nazi, it's just that this error inexplicably infuriates me to no end.
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:59 pm 

I think his spelling is a bit wrong too, I'm pretty sure irregardless has only one i. Anyway, serious autism vibes comin' off you Nochielo 8)

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:01 am 

caspian wrote:
serious autism vibes

I think you just concisely summed up the entire forum userbase and, possibly, the underground metal community in general. Well done.

Nochielo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:07 am 

caspian wrote:
Anyway, serious autism vibes comin' off you Nochielo 8)

Oh, the audacity! As I reminisce for a proper insult, I will point out that your username is an anagram for "pain sac".
You'd not take the splendor instilled
And I just couldn’t ask for more"

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 am 

Hahaha, it's funny because that's his name too.

MARSDUDE
Shitposter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:08 am 

I thought it was only the Scottish who shagged sheep. Hmmm.

I_Am_Vengeance
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:12 am 

Nochielo wrote:
I_Am_Vengeance wrote:
Iiiirregardless

The prefix "i-" means "opposed to" or "contrary" and the suffix "-less" also means "opposed to" or "contrary", so you are using a double negative which means they are canceling each other out leaving "regard". That doesn't make any sense in this context.

Sorry to be a grammar nazi, it's just that this error inexplicably infuriates me to no end.

:durr:

Under_Starmere
Abhorrent Fish-Man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:27 am 

MARSDUDE wrote:
I thought it was only the Scottish who shagged sheep. Hmmm.

Let's be honest here: It's not just the Romanians, the Welsh, the Australians, the New Zealanders, or the Scottish. All the wide earth's nations have, at some point, come to learn the joys of sheep love. It just some (the Australians) do it more than others.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:43 am 

Well, there was that guy in Eastern Washington that had an "animal love" farm a couple years ago.

TheRealThing
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:02 am 

Is it sheep that push back at the edge of a cliff, or is it goats? Either way, my cousin's been denying me lovin', so I need one of them cliff animals.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209 ... 518  Next