Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
collmys
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2021 7:15 am 

Hey, I'm looking for some folk to work with on some musical projects that I can't get off the ground and could do with some help from inventive collaborators who would like to compose and write songs together.

I'm a guitarist and vocalist but I write stuff online in midi on guitarpro or hookpad. Have some sketchy ideas/demos if anyone is interested. I have lots of in person experience playing in bands but I don't care about experience/age, just folk who are really interested!

Some stuff that influences me:

Epic and weird metal (Arcturus, Bal Sagoth, Borknagar, Thy Catafalque)

Power and progressive metal (Sonata Arctica, Qantice, Lost Horizon, Dragonland, Vanden Plas, Avantasia)

Art Pop (Susumu Hirasawa, Kishi Bashi, Bjork, Destroyer)

Genres like grindcore, black metal, death metal, hardcore punk, minimalism, brutal prog/rock in opposition, sound collage, hyper pop, experimental (Darkthrone, Demilich, Bathory, Steve Reich, Tigran Hamayasan, Wormrot, Quantum Fantay, Liturgy, Oren Ambarchi, Emme Phyzema, An Albatross, Colin Stetson etc)

Would really want to have an anarchist/total liberation angle to these project too.

I'd like to experiment and see where we end up. It might be more extreme metal or it could be a wild prog metal rock opera, who knows. Up for playing in a band in any of these individual genres too- let's just chat!

Owayne
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:24 pm 

I can program drums and bass, and I can compose. PM me if you’re interested.

Reply to topic