Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
thecolddark
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:45 pm 

Hello. I'm a vocalist looking to complete the line up for my Gothic Metal project called Carpe Noctum. I'm looking for a Guitarist, Drummer, and Bassist.

Here are some qualities I'm looking for:

Guitarist - need to be able to hold their own as there will be no rhythm guitar to fall back on

Drums - need to play at a high level; need a minimum of 7 piece kit + hardware (plan for double kick); need to play with at least a minimum level of limb independence

Bass - need a 7 string bass; need a working knowledge of atmospheric and ambient playing styles

I have traveled all over the Bay while part of some bands in the recent past, and I continue to be willing and able to travel anywhere in the Bay Area if necessary. I use a Shure 585SBV low impedance dynamic microphone. I currently do not have a PA, but I do have a demon of a bass cabinet (six 10s) and I'm not above going all Bjork at a gig until I can afford a PA (that means I'll be using said demon cab for my vocals in the meantime.)

A little about Carpe Noctum. We are an SF Bay Area Gothic Metal project. Our music continues along the dark and desolate path paved by artists like Draconian, while still offering our own original perspective. We have a debut EP written with a roadmap to a release show. We have enough material today to start playing live sets with. We just need a talented, passionate, and committed roster to get the show on the road. If Gothic Metal isn't typically your thing, if you're say a little more into Thrash, I'm open to working with you if you're open to our unique style of Gothic.

There's a bit of legwork that's already underway, so we need to spend a good deal of time getting the entire band up to speed with where we are today, before we can hone in on where we'll go tomorrow. Our immediate goal is to gig on a regular/consistent basis. However I also have more goals in my line of sight like touring and a record deal. So, while I'm okay with other projects, meeting the needs of this one when they arise is expectation. I have links and demoes that I'll share with anyone who's interested.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope to work with you.

Reply to topic