Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:30 pm 

New threads for these people can just be created in the feedback forum but will not be made sticky, this thread will be sticky.
This thread is an index to the those threads which in turn can be posted in as per normal.
New threads will be added to this index.
This is in alphabetical order for ease of use but be aware they often have multiple aliases and accomplices also using aliases!

Known rip-offs

Azrahell viewtopic.php?p=2472219
Blake Judd viewtopic.php?p=2446547
Christian Felipe Paucar Toledo viewtopic.php?p=2565236#p2565236
DEATHTHRASHER viewtopic.php?p=1685650
death_worship viewtopic.php?p=2557638#p2557638
Faithless Productions - Marcin Pawłowski viewtopic.php?p=2426331
Frank Lewa viewtopic.php?p=2470367
Frankvonwolfgeist viewtopic.php?p=2447288
Jesse Bly viewtopic.php?p=1674446
Mark Walton viewtopic.php?p=2552781#p2552781
Mike Quilantan aka Martyrdom Records viewtopic.php?p=2564830#p2564830
Shay Elimelech viewtopic.php?p=2483742
shl666 viewtopic.php?p=2473680
tyrannus696 viewtopic.php?p=2470335
xestorture viewtopic.php?p=2472223

Bootleggers

musicworld-bg viewtopic.php?p=2488404
soundjazz aka Nefelin Music viewtopic.php?p=2559188#p2559188

Last edited by dreadmeat on Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
updated

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:26 pm 

Looking for someone? go here: memberlist.php?mode=searchuser

Looking for anything else? go here: search.php

CheCoola
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:00 am 

Hello! In December of 2014 to my group turned label Winterrealm Records from Australia and wanted to issue a split album with project Darkened Winter. Promised to give 3-4 copy as the author. I waited 6 months, have not received the discs and they turned to the label. This time I was told that I have to pay to get copies. I paid. Waited another 5 months, but got nothing. After much debate and anticipation, the label has given me the money. But I have not seen even the pictures from the CD! Eventually the label closed down, and his boss (aka the owner of the project Darkened Winter) began to sell my music on bandcamp. I asked him to remove the tracks, but he ignored me. In the end, I turned to the site administration with a complaint and the album was deleted.

I want to state that split-album by Darkened Winter / Scolopendra Cingulata is a bootleg! No! It's not even a bootleg. it just never happened. I ask You to remove it and from this magnificent site. Sorry for my bad English.)

Link: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Da ... ata/472242

monarkh
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:47 pm 

Avoid Kunsthauch Records from Russia.

This label released a bootleg version of Sorcier Des Glaces' "Moonrise..." with bonus tracks. They also sell it on their bandcamp. Please do not support them.

From Sorcier Des Glaces:

We are so shocked about this! Another thief! Don't support this completely unauthorized re-release. We decided to work only with Galy Records for all our official re-releases albums coming this year on CD. That guy was really mad when we told him our decision. He decided to make a bootleg of that album. Please don't support this and don't support that label, Kunsthauch!

AFINEDAYTODIERECORDS
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:58 am 

BEWARE PERUVIAN BASTARD PAUCAR USE NAME A FINE DAY TO DIE RECORDS FOR SCAM!!! A FINE DAY TO DIE RECORDS IS LABEL FROM SPAIN NOT PERUVIAN!!!!

drobowik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:05 am 

Another scammer Hard_Rock_Guru from Peru.

He ordered from me CD on Discogs, sent to him by registered airmail. After 1,5 months, just opened claim on Paypal.
Without any discussion, without any asking about his parcel, nothing, just claim and standard words "packet didn't arrived, refund my money"
I'm sure, his packet arrives, looks like this is made on purpose, he knows, that it takes more time than usually should, so he just uses Paypal claim to get CDs for free.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:38 pm 

have you checked whether he really got it? you should either be able to track your pack online or have your local post office start an inquiry into this.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

drobowik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:11 pm 

According to tracking number, he finally got it on 30.10.17, only gods know, why it takes 3 months to arrive to Peru!!!

Paypal of course refund him my money already 1,5 month ago and this sneaky scammer rat keeps silence now.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:08 pm 

you should hassle paypal about this. you'll probbaly have to send them proof that he got it.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:47 pm 

People like this should burn

drobowik
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:24 pm 

Huh, finally after many messages to Paypal client support got the funds back. Every time I sent message, I got answer from different person, so it was like ping pong, until someone was quite smart to understand, what I'm talking about.

blackbloodraised
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:02 pm 

https://www.discogs.com/it/seller/rarem ... t=Cassette

Metalian_WrothEmitter
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:42 am 

Please add the following bastard to the list: https://www.metal-archives.com/board/vi ... &p=2793184

yarkadin
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:22 pm 

Has anyone ever dealt with a guy named JAIME TAFUR from Peru? He claims to run a distro (and zine) called "MORGOTH DISTRO". He contacted me and wanted to do a trade for my magazine. I told him shipping one zine from USA to Peru costs almost $24, so it won't be worth it unless I get 3 CDs for one magazine. He comes back and tells me he will send 3 CDs and other stuff. He doesn't have what I want in his distro but can get it. He has bands X, Y, and Z - it's all fucking ready to ship, everything I want. He agrees to it all despite how silly and lopsided the trade is.

I did some research and saw his address posted in a few places as a RIP-OFF, so I ask him for references. He doesn't give me any fucking references. Radio silence. Then I copied a few links, including one where someone posted up an address (it turned out to be his). He tells me he is "disturbed" by my findings.

My question is: is this the infamous Christian Felipe Paucar in a new guise? Anyone have more info on this?

I am not passing any judgment yet... I'm trying to follow the rule of "innocent until proven guilty," I could be I am radically mistaken about this whole thing... but everything about this guy is very suspicious. Only a fucking idiot would agree to such terms so I'm bringing it out in the open.

Any info appreciated,
Yury

golya666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:47 am 

Hail Comrades!
Attention! This worm is Christian Felipe Paucar Toledo!!!! Rip off! Facebook name is "Javier Putrid" with Orthodox Distro
Never nothing send for this parasite! Sadly thieved me, i sending much cds, tapes, zines..etc and no arriving nothing! These add bad/ dead tracking numbers from Peruvian post office.
Beware all people, kill this rat:
https://www.facebook.com/javier.putrid.1

WorksopSaint
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:30 am 

Plenty of meat around for that individual :

http://www.nwnprod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54214&highlight=paucar

golya666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:59 pm 

This fake bastard never give up with b*tch "Veronika"...
Beware this worm! Thieved much peoples around the world, sadly!
The rat name : Christian Felipe Peucar Toledo!
Alias on facebook : Javier Putrid, Jaime Tafur.. Etc
In Peru / Lima living the c*ck sucker(s) ..
All peruvian thing rip off!
I dont know that, why no kill any these parasites!?!

golya666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:29 pm 

METAL FROM PERU DISTRO
c/o David
Av.Marcona mz I lt 1
Urb.San Ignacio de Monterrico
SURCO
Lima 33 PERÚ

ORTHODOX DISTRO
c/o Javier Putrid
av. 2 Monte Alamo mz C lt 20
Surco
Lima 33 PERU

This parasite's addresses.. Go and kill!

TvS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:16 pm 

Stephan Reichert
[email protected]
"Steve Diabolo" / LEGION OF DOOM Productions | DEATHROW Records / Antichrist (Ger) / ARMAGEDDON ZINE

https://www.discogs.com/seller/LegionOf ... ds/profile
https://soundcloud.com/legionofdoomproductions
https://www.instagram.com/legionofdoomrecords/

http://www.DiaboloWebdesign.com
http://www.TheDailyHorror.com

Sold me fakes demo of Demoniac, Necrocorpse, Mjolnir and Unholy Baphomet Records compilation (and even from his own band...).

He's also pretending to sell Moonblood rehearsal tapes dubbed from his original tapes, which ended up being cover taken from discogs/demoarchives with various mp3 (sometimes with wrong or incomplete tracklist - not even talking about the quality sound).

And when you try to explain him he failed in his little treachery, he answered with inslut and non-sense. This guy is the german Blake Judd.

Paypal claim currently opened, meanwhile, avoid dealing with this theft.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:38 am 

I advice not to buy on this Turkish site. I spent some time searching for a Negura Bunget longsleeve with only the logo. I was quite happy because this site had it. I paid the ítem last december and never arrived, I sent two emails and they didn´t even give me answer. Luckly I had paid with Pay&Pal which has given me money back. But I did want the damn longsleeve so i have quite bittersweet feeling.

https://www.metalzor.com/

The Ardbeg Wizard
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 2:23 am 

I haven't dealt with this guy, but people I know have: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007867592963
Even on his profile, multiple people state that he rips people off for money and does not send the record, or that he owes people money.

c1282
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:01 am 

I chose to not write earlier about this seller because i wanted to give the seller a chance to send what i paid for. But it's obviously now time for this seller to currently be on this list.

https://www.discogs.com/user/waldenburg666

https://www.ebay.com/usr/ss-waldenburg

I contacted this seller in June through discogs because of a picture of a tape and the seller gave me an ebay link instead where the seller had it for sale because it is a bootleg and can't be sold on discogs anymore since earlier this year.

I "bought" it but i couldn't pay for it because of this message from ebay:

"One or more sellers can't accept payments right now. Contact the sellers for help."

The seller didn't know how to solve this ebay-payment problem either so the seller offered to send a Paypal invoice directly to my email and i paid that paypal invoice within a few minutes.

I informed the seller that i wanted a discogs message with the registration code when the tape had been sent so i could track it because i wouldn't get any info from / through ebay because the tape wasn't paid through their payment system.

I waited several weeks, until early July and got this reply...

"Hi Chris,
I am sorry that you are waiting for my response, and the parcel. I had a car accident, I was in a hospital. My arm is broken. She will need a few days and I will send the parcel.
Regards
Tom"

So i decided to wait several weeks. The seller had been active with to sell to other buyers during this time but was for some unknown reason "silent" towards me. From several messages during less than an hour the first day to 1 message during several weeks.

I got tired of the seller July 25 and opened a dispute on Paypal's website and discovered that it was the kind of Paypal invoice when i can't get my money back.

I also discovered that the seller showed some signs of life for the first time since early July when the seller chose to "Unpaid item case opened".

The seller knows that i paid for the tape more than a month ago and that i can't get my money back and is now trying to attack me on ebay to limit my future possibilities there.

So, the seller has chosen to keep my tape, keep my money and to attack me on ebay because the payment didn't go through ebay's payment system so ebay thinks that i didn't pay even if i have proof of everything that has happened.

I am still surprised at how dishonest this seller has shown to be towards me. I guess that i was a "easy target" because of that "private-paypal-invoice".

The seller used the name "Tom" in the discogs messages as i wrote earlier above but i saw another both first and last name with the paypal address from the Paypal invoice / receipt.

I will "remind the forum" about this seller's behavior until the situation can be solved = i get the tape that i paid for.

I am more "tired" now than angry so that's why i am also...maybe...willing to delete my posts about this (if the seller hopefully see this or someone else that knows, is, can get in contact with the seller) if i get the tape that i paid for and also of course that the seller fix the "Unpaid item case opened" problem asap.

This was the last thing that i wanted to do but i am so tired of this situation when it looks like i have been waiting for nothing from this Polish seller for several weeks.

Last edited by c1282 on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
lightenunderground
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:02 am 

RIP OFF ALERT, avoid Lucas Thunder from Thundersteel Magazine from Argentina!
If you live in Europe, avoid ordering anything from Lucas Thunder from Argentina, editor of Thundersteel Magazine.
https://www.facebook.com/lucasfernando.rimaudo.7
You will never receive your order, especially if you do the mistake paying through Western Union, and not through paypal, you won't have the possibility to get your money back.
This man is a swindler.

I have sent him 200 €, already from last November 2018 to send me 12 copies from 3 different issues from his magazine, and also 10 x MATVEY cds plus 10 x AZEROTH CDs, in order to distribute all this stuff through my label/distro Lighten the Underground, located in Athens-Greece. Till that day, I have not received anything at all.

The story is as following: Before paying him, I had an excellent service, he was replying to me quickly to my questions, and among his suggestions was to send me (apart from the magazine) the above mentioned cds, as well.
I also asked him whether the amount of money he told me, as total cost, was enough to send me the stuff registered. His answer was: 'For sure!'
'Ok, my friend' I told him. 'Do you have a paypal to pay you?'
His answer was that he had not any paypal yet (but he will do so in the near future, he told me- another lie), and asked me to pay him through Western Union.
Furthermore, he told me that the magazine was about to be released near the end of last November, therefore I wouldn't wait more than 10-15 days to send it to me.

Now, the situation after the payment:
end of November: is the magazine's new issue out (my order included copies of his forthcoming issue #47 and a few from the two previous ones)? His answer was: 'Not yet, he is not in production yet'
Middle of December, I received the same answer.
Finally, the new issue was out middle January and he was supposed to ship it to me.
After spending time to write him more than 10 (or probably 20) messages to remind it to him (each time he had a justification ready for the delay of shipment), he told me that he finally shipped the first package, with the magazines only inside, and when I asked him to send me tracking number for it, he told me that the shipping cost was too high to send the package registered! (if you remember, before sending him the payment, he was telling me: 'Of course the money is enough to ship you registered!).
I then asked him to show me at least the receipt of payment to the post office, so that to know that he indeed shipped the package with the magazines. His answer was: 'This is in my pocket, I will send it later to you'. Needless to say, he never sent me any receipt of payment document to me.

He also told me that he would send the package with the CDs, later, after two weeks...
Two weeks passed and asked him whether he shipped the package with the CDs. That happened beginning of February (just imagine: payment was done already in November, and until February I had many doubts whether he indeed sent the first package, and also I was obliged to send him dozens of messages to remind him his obligation, to send the second package as well.)
His answer was (regarding the second package): 'Am I sending your order? I'm sending you this, giving away, because I'm paying for it, they've increased the prices here, it's a shit about the situation there. I register it and I inform you everything.'
My answer:' Ok, if it is too expensive, send it simple, like the magazines package. But you can tell me the difference between registered and simple package and I will decide if I cover the difference or if it is ok for me to send it simple'

I never received any numerical answer from him after this question, only insults. Needless to say, that I never received as well the receipt of payment from the first package with the magazines inside, which it is supposed he had sent it to me (I am sure that he never shipped anything to me address, either simple package or registered). And I never received any information whether he shipped or not the second package, with the cds inside. I am sure he didn't sent any further information to me, because he never sent any package to me.

In summary, don't waste your time with this thief. Avoid ordering him. But if you do so, just ask to do it at least through paypal, so that to have the possibility to claim your money back.

If you do want to have the Thundersteel magazine, however, I think there is the Spanish version of the magazine available, which is distributed through the Spanish Thundersteel Records, and is 1000% safe to order it through them.

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:25 pm 

c1282 wrote:
I got tired of the seller July 25 and opened a dispute on Paypal's website and discovered that it was the kind of Paypal invoice when i can't get my money back.

that sounds wrong. if he invoiced you, paypal always offers you protection. you went out of ebay to pay, so ebay may have an issue with you on that, but they can't adjudicate on it. it's a paypal matter. write to paypal and say you did not receive what you paid for.

Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:00 pm 

Hi, as we can't reply to this post : viewtopic.php?p=2565236#p2565236 I post here. This guy is still active under the following names on Facebook : "DAVID Edsson Alarcon" and "Anibal Melgar". His current method is contacting labels and bands to have some CD's to do a review for a fake fanzine called "Traumatic Distro". But this has never been released (even if he send photos for proof). He always starts his messages with something like "hello comrade, welcome to METAL FROM *name of the fake zine* & DISTRO", "hello, welcome to this printed magazine". He probably has more different accounts.

And for people who wants to buy anything from his "distro", every pictures you'll see are stolen from bands and label. I saw one of the pictures that my label took for its own Facebook page and pretended that this was new in stock, lol. He will never take a picture of different articles together, because... you know he doesn't have anything. He will post a fake picture of the package too with something like "Package sent to my good friend from blah blah". From what I know he has created over 200 accounts since he started his activities. Most of them are maybe unused, closed or banned idk. He writes his messages in a weird and shitty english (worst than me ahah).
So here is some things that are actually hapenning, I know that there's already a topic, but since it was closed in 2016 I guess that it might be useful for many people.

c1282
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:38 pm 

aloof wrote:
c1282 wrote:

that sounds wrong. if he invoiced you, paypal always offers you protection. you went out of ebay to pay, so ebay may have an issue with you on that, but they can't adjudicate on it. it's a paypal matter. write to paypal and say you did not receive what you paid for.

Yes, that's what i also thought -but the "seller" used the kind of paypal invoice when you can't get your money back. Probably something that this "seller" thought about. "Easy money" i guess.

I called paypal about it and they were the ones that told me that annoying thing. I didn't even know that you could choose an option like that on paypal -it's easy for a "seller" to steal money then.

WorksopSaint
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:23 am 

One from the vaults :

http://nihilistic.darkbb.com/t2130-christian-felipe-paucar-toledo-rip-off-thief-estafador

Quote:
CHRISTIAN FELIPE PAUCAR TOLEDO RIP OFF ACCOUNTS.

Ancient gate
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 9:26 pm 

Felix broens from netherlands its a great rip off he stole me 200 euros for an euronymous letter never send me anything after two months still ignore me and dont refund me his facebook/discogs profiles
https://www.facebook.com/natenfelix.broens.7
https://www.discogs.com/user/Faust_83

His address
Felix broens
Josink kolkweg 23
7545 pr, enschede
His phone 0031645025433

Fromage_Qui_Pue
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 8:34 pm 

Fenix Distro aka RDSDS aka Ricardo Santos Santos from Portugal ripped me off a CD in october 2017
[email protected]
https://forum.metal-archives.com/viewtopic.php?t=106229
And look at the discogs, i'm not the only one...
https://www.discogs.com/fr/sell/seller_feedback/Fenix_Distro

Edit: i know you read my message. Silence speak for you.

~Guest 2944
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:19 pm 

c1282 wrote:
aloof wrote:
c1282 wrote:

Yes, that's what i also thought -but the "seller" used the kind of paypal invoice when you can't get your money back. Probably something that this "seller" thought about. "Easy money" i guess.

I called paypal about it and they were the ones that told me that annoying thing. I didn't even know that you could choose an option like that on paypal -it's easy for a "seller" to steal money then.
I see this post is from last year, but I had a similar experience. If you send money friends and family in PayPal, it cannot not be refunded vs the other way in PayPal. Last year I bought about $300 of records. The guy was determined I send it friends and family, which luckily I didn't. The guy was furious with me. I thought this was really shady. I Googled friends and family paypal ripoff and it was eye opening how many people are ripped off this way. I instantly canceled the transaction. It's funny because the same guy texted me a few weeks ago. Hey remember me, we did business before for records? I had to cancel because I did not have all of the records you wanted in stock, now I do. I wrote him back and told him I'm the one that canceled and blocked him. It's the last time I'm going to send money to a random person on IG for records.

Steel_Jaw
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:52 pm 

I know I'm a little late with this, but I'm not very active on this board. Anyway, I want to inform you guys about Berzerker Wear, a mailorder that rips off people. The mailorder is specialized in grindcore. In 2013 I bought 3 shirts from there for a total amount of about 50-60 euros, but they never arrived.
This shop is being run by Shane Mclachlan, the vocalist of Phobia.

In that same year I went to Neurotic Deathfest in Holland and got to speak to some members of Pig Destroyer. I told them about what happened with my order from Berzerker Wear, and they said that they know Shane, that he is an alcoholist and rips off people all the time.

So beware if you come across this mailorder ;)

https://berzerkerwear.com/

~Guest 58624
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:59 pm 

Rip-off alert:

[EDIT: SEE UPDATE BELOW]

Giannis Panagiotidis AKA John Grim
https://www.discogs.com/user/F.o.a.d.666
https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/ ... rim/567497
https://spawnofflesh.bigcartel.com/
[email protected] (also his PayPal address)

He offers a buy-four-get-one-free deal on Discogs, on the condition that the buyer messages him directly. At which point, he offers the buyer a further discount if the payment is sent through PayPal's "friends" option, allegedly to avoid seller fees.

A month has gone by since we made a deal, but he hasn't shipped my items, keeps assuring me that he'll get to it "on his day off." At one point I asked for a specific self-assigned deadline, which he offered only to let pass without communication. Yet as of this writing, his Discogs feedback page shows four completed transactions with two other buyers during this time.

Do NOT use PayPal's "friends and family" option to pay for goods and services, because PayPal does not offer guaranteed refunds in these cases. Just pay the extra fee for "goods and services," to avoid being scammed. I myself failed to heed this advice, because I'm a dope. (Wish me luck as I file a dispute with PayPal and my bank.)

UPDATE, Sept. 11, 2020:

It's possible that I misjudged the situation, but really it's anyone's guess. Thing are unfolding, in a slow, maddening way. I'll update this post with the final outcome when it happens. The seller now claims he sent the package, but his style of communication makes this difficult to believe. (Confusingly, he claimed just the other day that he forgot to send it.)

UPDATE, Sept. 25, 2020:

The user seems to have been banned (temporarily?) from selling on Discogs. Despite his claim that he would provide a tracking number by September 14th or thereabouts, the user has provided no further communication (and of course, I have not received the items). The dispute with my bank is ongoing.

Bottom line: Best to avoid this individual.

~Guest 523229
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:39 am 

Avoid dealing with Dustin Alan Redington/Occult Supremacy.

I ordered a couple things from him back in August, after payment he said he would ship it the next day. Fast forward two weeks. I ask about the package he said he was sending, and he replies (5 days later) that he forgot to send it and that he would do it ASAP. After five days of not hearing back from him, since I had requested tracking, I asked in another email if he had sent the package out. That email was sent on the 10th and I haven't heard anything back since then.

Thankfully it wasn't very much, but still... what a dickish thing to do. I decided I'd just contact my bank and have received a refund for what I paid.

artovkaos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:16 am 

IntoEndlessChaos Records doesnt reply emails and totally NOT helpful with payments. They accept bank transfer but no fee calculation. Arrogant and slow. Useless as fuck

Judas Maiden
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:59 am 

Avoid Witchinghour.pl. I placed an order thru them a couple years back. The payment was posted but I did not get any notification that the order was shipped out. I sent several emails and messages in Facebook (I discovered them via FB) but still no response. I decided to make a dispute with Paypal and after a few days, I received my money back as the label wouldn't even respond to Paypal.

I still get their marketing emails as I've subscribed to it and can't find any option to unsubscribe as the email is in Polish. They seem like a legit company and even have a bandcamp link up. I haven't visited either their website or their bandcamp page and I will not recommend placing an order thru them.

nonpointer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:58 am 

Hi everyone,

I have been recently scammed by Discogs seller FallOfIdol for € 11 for an incomplete CD.
We went outside Discogs in order to reach an agreement on the overall price (incomplete CD + shipping). He then lured me into paying via bank transfer, which I did as his 1K+ positive feedback seemed little questionable to me at first. After the payment, he simply disppeared for weeks. Seeing that the item never reached me, I got in touch with him again, getting no response from him for a while; he then informed me that he could not find the CD anymore, while relisting it on Discogs instead.
To make a long story short, he never kept his promises for a refund, so I have lost € 11 (10 € for the item + € 1 for the bank transfer) and also received a negative feedback from him, even after having asked him to cancel my order.
So beware, opportunity makes the thief, apparently.

EDIT: I have been refunded at last, but it took more than a full month. All is well that ends well, I guess.

Reply to topic