Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kaoswar
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:39 am 

AVOID GOREGIASTIC RECORDS.....

I was once a very loyal customer of theirs, but lately they have been very forgetful in sending packages. My last order was in July 2008. It took 3-4 weeks for the package to get to me and it was only after my inquiry did they send anything and make them get off their asses.

I gave up on them until 2 weeks ago when I decided to give them another chance. and AGAIN, I emailed them to ask what is up and they send me a delivery confirmation email dated the same day I asked about it. When you have to remind a distro to send your package / order, something is not right at all.

again, AVOID GOREGIASTIC RECORDS!!!!!!!!!!

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:39 pm 

kaoswar wrote:

I was once a very loyal customer of theirs, but lately they have been very forgetful in sending packages. My last order was in July 2008. It took 3-4 weeks for the package to get to me and it was only after my inquiry did they send anything and make them get off their asses.

I gave up on them until 2 weeks ago when I decided to give them another chance. and AGAIN, I emailed them to ask what is up and they send me a delivery confirmation email dated the same day I asked about it. When you have to remind a distro to send your package / order, something is not right at all.

I understand your discontent with these guys. Waiting is a very frustrating experience, but not all labels/distros are going to be able to fire your stuff off right away. I've become so busy, I can't go to the post every day. I only make one trip a week now, and I am sure that their mailorder is far busier than mine. I agree that you should NOT have to harrass them to send stuff out, but sometimes man..you can't get your pack in 2-3 days like most people expect.

Lane
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:32 pm 

Good one for death metal (plus some black metal) is

Dan's Crypt Records [Spain]
http://www.danscrypt.com

This is fast, packs with or without jewelcases, is relatively cheap (postages too), good .
Ordered close to ten times, and each time worked as it should.

GVOLTT
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:06 pm 

kaoswar wrote:

I wouldn't necessarily give up on Goregiastic; at least they shipped the stuff. But hey, they same thing did happen to me a couple of months ago, the second time I ordered from them. I ordered the package, waited a couple of weeks and received nothing, then asked them if they shipped it out. The first time I ordered from them, almost exactly a year earlier, it shipped out to me in okay time (about a week, considering I paid through the mail then), but that time the package also had a tracking number, so I know where it went. This past September, though, when they didn't provide the tracking number, the package seemed to get lost in the mail. I did inquire, and they sent a new one with a tracking number, which I received a few days afterward. Inconvenient, yes, but bad label, no (although I had ordered the Exhumed Australian tour t-shirt after it said "XL ONLY" - turns out it's really a large, and XL was a misnomer. Basically, I can't wear it because it doesn't fit me now [though I guess I should encourage myself to lose weight anyway...]).

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:12 am 

have to add autopsy stench to the list of reliable ones!
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:12 pm 

into_the_pit wrote:
have to add autopsy stench to the list of reliable ones!

Link?..and more feedback please.

genocida
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:31 am 

http://www.primitivereaction.com/ from Finland.

My stuffs have just arrived today. So friendly and good prices, shipping cost only 1 Euro per CD, and he gave me a bonus CD PR/Hammerofhate.

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:36 pm 

good experience with Zyklon B from Greece, my order took a little more than 2 months in total, but that was due that one item came with an error from the pressing plant and I was asked if I want to wait until its available without errors.
Friendly and fast communication, shipping prices are a little high.

Very bad experience with Death to Mankind / Die Todesrune Records from Spain.
My original order from May 2008 still isn't complete. The 3 EPs he forgot to include with the original order (which also took more than 2 months to send) still haven't been sent. Since 2 Months no replies to my messages.
So just avoid ordering there.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

carnalsadistprod
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:33 am 

Asti78 wrote:
My original order from May 2008 still isn't complete. The 3 EPs he forgot to include with the original order (which also took more than 2 months to send) still haven't been sent. Since 2 Months no replies to my messages.

DTM/DTR are well-known rip offs within the underground...

schoolslave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:58 am 

Has anyone ever ordered from sombermusic before?
Are they reliable?

Third_of_the_Storms
Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 am 

Asti78 wrote:

Don't hold your breath. That idiot owes me 96$ from 2005.

Third_of_the_Storms
Stupid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:09 am 

Mirko/Hagal Recs also owes me money I'll never see, come to think of it.

schoolslave
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:42 am 

schoolslave wrote:
Are they reliable?

ANYONE?!

Asti78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:38 am 

Today I received my 6th order from No Colours this year. I ordered it on Friday, so transit time was 2 working days.
Prices are good and their speed is also remarkable.

So horns up even though it seems some people here mad bad experiences with No Colours Records but I don't have any reason to complain.

Same goes for Darkland Records, even though they are a little slower than others.

Nebelklang also has a good selection and fair prices, their processing time takes around one week within Germany, but I never had any issues with them.
Good users: ins88(2x), Oligarch, Mr_Belvedere(8x), coldsunproductions, Apostate, narlotep, Kubrat(5x), caine(2x), nothenam(2x), Mysticus(2x), Peststurm(3x), Brandanschlag, MDeth, MikeyC, SepticTomb, thunderbelial, KevinPage, Desekrate, WASPcollector, Wolfhead(2x), Mephs, ...

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:14 pm 

Thumbs up to Pagan Flames, otherwise known as Black Metal DVDs.

Bought a few things off of them recently and they were responsive, helpful, fast. Everything was very carefully packaged--when I opened the CD jewel cases, they'd even put in a strip of bubble mailer to keep the CD in place. I've never seen that anywhere else--and it did its job!

Highly recommended! :thumbsup:

genocida
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:42 pm 

OneRodeToAsaBay wrote:
they'd even put in a strip of bubble mailer to keep the CD in place. I've never seen that anywhere else--and it did its job!

Yea that makes the CD safer. HHR did that too.

OneRodeToAsaBay
Unangeschnallt den Bullen reingefahren

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 pm 

I'd never seen that before and I've been ordering from a number of other better known distros for a while. None of them took that much care. A very pleasant surprise.

genocida
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:05 pm 

Asti78 wrote:
Today I received my 6th order from No Colours this year. I ordered it on Friday, so transit time was 2 working days.
Prices are good and their speed is also remarkable.

So horns up even though it seems some people here mad bad experiences with No Colours Records but I don't have any reason to complain.

Maybe because you're in the same country.

mrchris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:47 am 

Still waiting on a Manilla Road CD from Open Grave Records, I thought the CD was in stock so I ordered back in October..emailed them and they told me the CD was out of stock and will restock soon or something like that.

Two months later, still no CD...and on top of that, their catalog doesn't even tell you if the CD is out of stock or not!

Don't know what to do about that, should I cancel/ask for a refund?

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:20 am 

I just had an exceptionally good experience with Paragon Records (US). I placed a medium-sized order (6 CD's) and they sent me a bunch of extras: a few demo CD-R's, a split (the style of which was appropriate to what I was ordering), a comp, and, best of all, a Darkestrah patch (one of the CD's I ordered was Darkestrah's latest).

Top it off with friendly communication and very quick shipping and they get samekh's wholehearted approval!

mrchris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:23 pm 

Hm, apparently Open Grave issued me a refund earlier today because after two months, they didn't get or unable to get a restock of Manilla Road's "Out of the Abyss / Roadkill" combo.

samekh
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:00 pm 

U.S. Distros I order from regularly:

Dark Symphonies - They don't always have much in stock, but they're always quick to ship and friendly when responding to questions. I check them often.

Red Stream - I've never had to communicate with Red Stream, but I've ordered several times and have always gotten my orders quickly.

Negative Existence - I've just been ordering from them recently, but they let me know when stuff has shipped and are courteous. I find good Eastern European stuff here; and stuff I can't find anywhere else.

Autumn Winds Productions - One of the friendliest distros I've done business with. Also quick to ship.

I've also had good experiences with the Russian Ebay seller Contemporary Russian Music, from which I've ordered several times. He ships and responds quickly, and I always get my orders within two weeks of making payment (from Moscow to New York). I know people are often wary of ordering from Russia, but this guy is good.

Toetag59
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:16 pm 

Heres some good distros I've dealt with

Sevared Records- Fast shipping, great selection, great prices, good communication, great distro. A+ www.sevared.com

Pathos Productions- same as above, awesome customer service, great prices, Always emails you to let you know that he got the payment and when it will be shipped out, fast shipping, another very good distro that you can't go wrong with. A+
www.pathosproductions.com

Comatose Music- Another perfect distro to order from, very friendly, huge selection, great prices, fast shipping, great packaging, answers emails very quickly, fantastic customer service, Steve is awesome. A+ www.comatosemusic.com

Deathgasm Records- Same as the other three, fast shipping, great customer service, awesome selection, great prices, answers emails promptly, very nice guy. A+ www.deathgasm.com

Hell's Headbangers- Very good distro, I've only placed one order with them but my order processed very fast and was shipped out fast, great prices, good selection, good customer service. A+

www.hellsheadbangers.com

Blackmetal.com, Huge selection of black metal, ships fast, great customer service, responds to emails quickly another great site to order from. A+

www.blackmetal.com

Order with confidence from all of these distros they're all great.

mrchris
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:19 pm 

Dunno if I posted ones I had good experiences so I will list them:

The End - Very fast shipping since they are in my home state. I get between 2 and 3 days using Media Mail. Used frequently when I want something quick. 7.5/10

Century Media - I used them long before I had an actual bank account so I used money orders to pay. Took a week to 3 weeks before I got my stuff. Havn't used them since I discovered other distros so I don't know how much they've changed. 6.5/10

Shadow Kingdom Records - One of my most recent purchases came from this guy, he was quick to respond to queries and shipping out stuff. Good label afaik. 10/10

Supernal Music - Used them once, they were decent on shipping out but not slow. 9/10

Rockadrome - Not a bad label either, got my stuff in less than a week. 8/10

Hell's Headbangers - Ordered from them multiple times and havn't had any problems before. Good label for black/death metal. 9/10

Moribund Records - Another frequent use label, good shipping speed and no problems encountered. One time I got a phone call from them asking what alternate album I wanted since one of 2 (or 3, I think) was out of stock. All went smoothly with that. 9/10

weakling_goat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:34 pm 

Paragon Records is good. Got about 10 cds from them, arrived in several days.

genocida
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:46 am 

mrchris wrote:
Hm, apparently Open Grave issued me a refund earlier today because after two months, they didn't get or unable to get a restock of Manilla Road's "Out of the Abyss / Roadkill" combo.

Maybe the problem is they have a wide variety of catalog so it would be hard to maintain.

Same goes to http://www.metaldisc.com/ They stated that the website is always up to date but in fact it is not. I tried to buy some of Windir CDs (Arntor, Likferd, 1184) in metaldisc and they only stated Arntor which is unavailable in their website. Several hours later, they email me that all Windir CDs are unavailable so it should be backordered, and they change the price to 23$ each CD. So I cancelled my order.

But yea they didn't mean to rip people off. Fast reply and friendly, just need more maintenance.

Last edited by genocida on Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foxx
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:49 am 

I highly recommend Heaven Ablaze records for any Aussies out there. They've got a limited selection of stuff, mainly black metal with the odd death and doom, but the guy who runs it is very quick to respond to emails and even quicker sending out the packages. I've never had any trouble whatsoever whenever I've ordered stuff from there.

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:38 pm 

I don't think I mentioned this, but I had a good transaction with Vendlus Records. The package was secure and the delivery was fairly good, timewise, considering it was during the holiday season. There are a couple of other albums I want from them, and I'm considering ordering from there again. Recommended.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

FNS
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:16 am 

take care of him

David Epstein, [email protected], from the USA
i assume he posts here under "shoestringbookshop", his
ebay account is shoestringbookshop.

he posts in other forums as " mordredd "

he ripped me off $120. i payed in october but never received the records until now.

anyone else who had trouble with him get in touch!

dimstone
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:24 pm 

Viva Hate Records (Bad)

http://www.vivahaterecords.com/
From Berlin, Germany

I've payed alot for a bunch of items I never received. I email him alot about this order but he never answers. He did reply two times or so playing dumb and saying he'd correct this but he never does. I'll keep emailing him but my best guess is I'll never get what I payed for. Don't use this distro. Don't trust this guy. A friiend of mine also waited an eternity or his parcel, which in the end did show up, but this was after a couple of months and several unanswerred emails later.

A couple of other things I found on this guy (Thomas Respondek):

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 pm 

Rotting Corpse Records (eBay store)

Very good transaction with these guys. I ordered 3 CD's from them, and they arrived in excellent condition, due to the very secure packaging, no doubt. The shipping rates to Australia were quite decent and the CD's themselves did not cost that much at all (US$7.99, very cheap!). I would definitely deal with them again.

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

morkenstubbe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:54 am 

Asti78 wrote:
Die Todesrune Rex / Deathtomankind Distro

Extremely Slow in answering messages, my order has been paid via wire transfer on the 24th June and I still don't have my stuff.
Their catalogue is old and doesn't get updated, most of the things I wanted to order have been sold ages ago.

I hope to get my order until the end of this year and then never again

I have the same problem, after I paid with paypal same day. And because I was interested to know when my package would be shipped and stuff, (witch is normal i guess), I only got one message back - but after that it was total silence..

This is tha last email I got:
"How about if you're a bit patient? you paid few days ago and since
then you ask everyday about the package.. it will be sent, keep in
mind yours its not the only one !!".

Im lucky if I actually get something back Ive heard from another forum too..

Hmm..

Last edited by morkenstubbe on Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
morkenstubbe
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:56 am 

carnalsadistprod wrote:
locustfurnace wrote:
Anyone have any dealings with either :

Ancient Ceremonies (portugal)
Masterpiece Distribution (italy?)

Good or bad or both????

Everyone that orders from Ancient Ceremonies ends up with their dick in their hand. Not recommended.

After several complains - I got my money refunded...but hell... AVOID!!

Karnstein_Records
Not yet ready for a custom title

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:14 pm 

Overkill666 has been a consistantly good trader

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:04 pm 

schoolslave wrote:
Are they reliable?

Somber Music from Brazil?

MushroomStamp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:19 pm 

+ Open Grave Records: handled the order swiftly AND included a free CD from one of their label's own bands in the package. It was death metal just like the CDs I ordered, not some random goth crap or anything. They didn't include jewelcases for any of the albums, but this might have been because I only ordered from the $5 discount section. Regardless, good experience.

+ Primitive Reaction: Several purchases over the years. Everything's good: communication, packaging, fast delivery. Finnish prices might put off Americans who deal with the weak Dollar, though. :)

+ No Sign of Life: same as above

+ Northern Heritage: same

+ Firebox: Their system never shows out-of-stock items, and they're extremely fast and reliable. Prices can get high sometimes, but they have good discount campaigns on occasion.

~ The End Records/The Omega Order: Occasional good prices. Their website is crap to navigate and 90-95% of their stuff seems to be eternally "out of stock", even very basic items like Morbid Angel classics.

Aeonblade
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:59 pm 

Has anyone ordered from NuclearHell? I found another forum where people said they were good, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. They ship from Russia apparently, though the people that had good things to say about the store said it was still a high quality.

Vampallens
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:58 am 

Aeonblade wrote:
Has anyone ordered from NuclearHell? I found another forum where people said they were good, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them. They ship from Russia apparently, though the people that had good things to say about the store said it was still a high quality.

NuclearHell sells russian version but is good,a bit slowly in the shipping but reliable.

GVOLTT
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:07 am 

Karnstein_Records wrote:
Overkill666 has been a consistantly good trader

Wrong topic. Try this one if you want to review traders on this forum:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... hp?t=41978

MushroomStamp wrote:
+ Open Grave Records: handled the order swiftly AND included a free CD from one of their label's own bands in the package. It was death metal just like the CDs I ordered, not some random goth crap or anything. They didn't include jewelcases for any of the albums, but this might have been because I only ordered from the $5 discount section. Regardless, good experience.

When I made an order from them late last March, I only ordered from the discount section as well, and I got jewel cases with the CDs; I only didn't get one for the free Open Grave release that came in my package. The only reason I can think you didn't get jewel cases is probably because you're from Finland, and they might have removed the jewel cases because of the overseas shipment, though nothing on their site says this.

Leechmaster
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:44 am 

Has anyone ever dealed with RedStream? I just ordered a few CDs from their website and wondered if they're trusworthy or not. They also sell items on eBay and their feedback is almost perfect and all their customers seem to be very pleased. Any one had any positive/negative experiences with them?

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 45  Next