Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:55 pm 

John Smith is a good trader and seller! :thumbsup:
or
Seagull Sprinkle Records is a good label! :thumbsup:
or
Yeti Barnacles 666 is a good buyer! :thumbsup:

I recently purchased 2 CDs from him and traded a tape with him.

Both CDs (Iron Maiden's "Brave New World" and Gyibaaw's "Ancestral War Hymns") and the tape (a BM demo from an artist named "Pocahontas") arrived in excellent condition. The packaging was perfect; he remembered to package them so that the CDs weren't in direct contact during transit! Very quick service, no problems or delays.

Highly recommended business partner!

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:13 pm 

NOT many good things to say about John Smith as a trader. Yes, the package arrived in the expected amount of time, and he was always avaliable for contact while the package was in transit, but NONE of the albums we had agreed on were sent. I got THREE times Nightwish's "Once" album, along with Metallica's "St. Anger" and The Flintstones soundtrack. According to him, he was a bit drunk while packing the albums and made a mistake, but still, it's rather bothersome to open your package and find totally random material. Avoid making ANY deals with him unless you are certain he's completely sober.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

Metantoine
Slave to Santa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:19 pm 

My experience with John Smith was positive, he included nude pictures of his Amerindian mistress Pocahontas alongside the package so cool dude.

Metantoine's Magickal Realm

Cursarion
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:25 pm 

Oh, this John Smith dude, fuck him. I ordered twenty-seven Absurd albums from him and i only got one of them after waiting for a month. So I emailed him agian and he was all like "sorry dude the other ones must've gottne lost in mail". Then he asked for extra $45 for mailing and I sent it and a week later I got this package and the only thing inside was a photo where he was nude and rolling in $1 bills and it looked like he was eating lambs brain straight from the skull. WTF man?

I was all like OK I NEVER BUY FROM YOU AGAIN but now he has this offer with 3 Cynic CDs for the price of one so I just sent him the money yesterday. He told me hes on vacation in Cuba but he's sending the CDs next week. Overall an okay dude, good prices.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:32 pm 

Cursarion wrote:
Oh, this John Smith dude, fuck him. I ordered twenty-seven Absurd albums from him and i only got one of them after waiting for a month. So I emailed him agian and he was all like "sorry dude the other ones must've gottne lost in mail". Then he asked for extra $45 for mailing and I sent it and a week later I got this package and the only thing inside was a photo where he was nude and rolling in $1 bills and it looked like he was eating lambs brain straight from the skull. WTF man?

I traded those Absurd albums to him for an original copy of Arghoslent's "The Imperial Clans" and it arrived well packaged, but it was a bootleg and it gave me smallpox.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:06 am 

I ordered all four copies of Horrorscope John had in his collection.

He sent all four discs, but only two of them were complete. The remaining two were just loose discs without any of the original packaging or even the booklets. One of these were also badly scratched, annulling the accuracy of his advertisement pertaining to condition.

Sort of disappointed overall, sadly. This brings my collection up to 16 Horrorscope copies, but I still need the Japanese Megaforce pressing (AMCY-287) if anyone has it...

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:21 am 

Does anyone know if John Smith is the same John Smith on eBay????

dreadmeat
emere vendere cambire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:43 am 

He trades as John Doe on Ebay fyi :roll:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.