Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
kyocornbear
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:05 pm 

Hello

I recently tried to add the Spanish technical death metal/deathcore band The Raven Autarchy, only to find that it had been blacklisted for not being metal enough. I would like to attempt to appeal this.

From what I can tell as a huge fan of the band, its harsh death metal/deathcore vocals, choppy, hard-hitting rhythm guitar paired with impressive, audibly 'metallic' lead sections, and bouncy, technical drum parts should all qualify it as being metal enough for the archives.
Its hardcore roots are very much overshadowed by the technical death metal aspects of this bands style and are only really seen in the way the songs are often structured to include a 'breakdown' that doesn't really reflect what either early or mordern metalcore styles would feature.

I would argue that if bands like Archspire, Rings of Saturn, and Trivium are 'metal enough' to be featured on this site, then so is The Raven Autarchy.

Thank you for your consideration.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:42 pm 

Nah, man. This is majority -core breakdowns with the occasional melodeath or tech/prog death lead, and proggy solos. I've been eyeing this band since Despise and it always sounded more -core than metal.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Reply to topic