Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dilacerat0rThaumiel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:49 pm 

Good night, earlier today, exactly at 6:30 pm I went to try to add the Slam Death Metal band Earthsson, I saw that it was on the blacklist, so I came to find out why that is or even try to see with you if I can add.

Because the band is metal, has a single with 2 songs so far, has streaming services, such as Spotify and Bandcamp, so it doesn't make much sense to go on the blacklist, oh unless someone did something wrong and ended up being blacklisted for that.

So i wanted to see why try to add it on my own, i have some links:

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7i7zO4j ... =copy-link
EARTHSSON - Spotify

https://earthsson.bandcamp.com/music

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:25 am 

The band got blacklisted for resubmissions based on two singles without individual cover art. Therefore, having no valid releases at the moment.

Dilacerat0rThaumiel
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:37 am 

Quorthallis wrote:
The band got blacklisted for resubmissions based on two singles without individual cover art. Therefore, having no valid releases at the moment.

but it can still be acceptable, if you put a single and these two songs as it is, it's fine, I see bands on Metallum being added that only have one or two singles, and I wanted to try to correct the mistake that this user made and adding the band , I can?

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:45 am 

No, we archive what is, not what could've been. Thus our job is to archive actual releases, not fabricate them. The bands that are accepted based on singles either have two singles, each with individual cover art, or one lengthier/multi-track single. Unless this was indeed released on some official platform as a multi-track release this won't be getting accepted.

Reply to topic