Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Dudgeon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:35 pm 

Hello, everyone!

I tried to submit Four Horsemen from Texas, USA, but it was rejected for not having references on whether the demo had been distributed to the public.

Well, I don't know if this would serve as proof that the demo was released, however, it's curious that they left contact (from the bass player) to anyone who would like to know more about the band (can be seen on the tape insert):

https://i.ibb.co/jMhKMg4/FH.jpg

Usually demos that haven't been distributed to the public don't contain contact information on their inserts (that's when they have a inserts). Some examples are these two here:

https://i.ibb.co/6w6qLrz/57.jpg

I tried to submit this band in 2014, but from eBay information at the time (and the cover too), there was no way to have evidence that the demo was distributed because there's no information in the insert like address or phone number.

The other case is this (which is more common):

https://i.ibb.co/T4RWHRF/R-10894473-150 ... 9-jpeg.jpg

Unfortunately Emperor from Japan seems that this band has never recorded anything official with distribution. I don't know if it came out in some compilation, but I know there are some live records.

I guess (for now) that's all.

Once again thank you!

Uncolored
Death Metal Fundamentalist

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:11 pm 

hello, four horseman is not blacklisted so you can submit them again if you have more information. I've seen that equitant (ex-absu) uploaded their demo on youtube a couple of months ago. he probably has a copy and willing to give more info about it if asked.

last wish was submitted and accepted in 2015.

that emperor from japan was blacklisted for unreleased demo. anyway if you gather more information about them feel free to open an appeal thread.

SatanHussein wrote:
my dream is to organise a funeral doom festival and sell my stockpiles of antidepressants at the merch stand

I never check forum messages, don't bother write me here. thanx

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:50 pm 

For future reference, each band gets its own thread. DO NOT lump a bunch of bands in the same thread. Thanks.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

Dudgeon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:10 pm 

Uncolored wrote:
hello, four horseman is not blacklisted so you can submit them again if you have more information. I've seen that equitant (ex-absu) uploaded their demo on youtube a couple of months ago. he probably has a copy and willing to give more info about it if asked.

Unfortunately I don't have more information, but I will ask him. Thank you!

Derigin wrote:
For future reference, each band gets its own thread. DO NOT lump a bunch of bands in the same thread. Thanks.

The intention wasn't to make one topic with several bands, but only show some differences between the inserts of the tapes of when a demo is distributed and another not (as were the cases of Last Wish and the Emperor, that there is no information for contact or any kind of thing). I just used as an example to try to validate that the Four Horsemen demo had distribution (so I highlighted the address in the first image).

Anyway, thank you very much for the warning!

Reply to topic