Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 647466
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:43 pm 

I think Lorna Shore is metal and should be whitelisted.

In 2015 they released The Absolution of Hatred single which has elements of both black metal and tech death
That single can be found here. https://lornashore.bandcamp.com/

Those tech death and black elements can also be found on their 2012 EP Bone Kingdom which can be found here
https://lornashore.bandcamp.com/album/bone-kingdom

They also have a new single out called This is Hell which also features tech death and black metal elements.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ALQCno ... e=youtu.be

I think that they are close enough to metal to be whitelisted. Can they be whitelisted?

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:48 pm 

One single is not enough to reevaluate a band. Their other material has been evaluated to death and the blacklist will stand.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:31 am 

Also we're not the "close enough to metal" archives ;)

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:07 pm 

vobeyo wrote:
Those tech death and black elements can also be found on their 2012 EP Bone Kingdom which can be found here
https://lornashore.bandcamp.com/album/bone-kingdom

You can’t be serious :lol: :lol: You honestly think there’s anything close to those styles on that EP? Someone has no idea what black metal is.

~Guest 647466
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:18 pm 

eh honestly I figured you'd be a bunch of kikes about this

Last edited by Morrigan on Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banned (permanent): attacking staff with racist slurs

maxy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:53 pm 

A Deathcore band. They were blacklisted but should be whitelisted. Looks like a new band.

The new singer took the sound to another level. It's CJ McCreery, former vocalist of Signs of the Swarm. He made Lorna Shore better.

There is an absurd difference between the old releases and the current sound and the new album that will be released in January. They have a similar sound of Make Them Suffer + Shadow of Intent + Fleshgod Apocalypse.

This guys will redefine Deathcore with Shadow of Intent. I guess.

Please give it a listen.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:10 pm 

Bring them back up when the new album is released.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 pm 

Cheers, this was created before: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=124658&p=2857245&hilit=lorna+shore#p2857245

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:48 am 

Threads merged. Maxy666, please don't forget to use the search function in future. We like to keep to one thread per band. Thanks.

Fearoth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:45 am 

They released another song.

The last two songs certainly feel more "metal" influenced than their previous stuff to me, we'll see with the album releasing in a few weeks.

PrateekRM
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:40 pm 

Fearoth wrote:

The last two songs certainly feel more "metal" influenced than their previous stuff to me, we'll see with the album releasing in a few weeks.

We will have to wait till they release the full length album, per rules to consider album should be at least 20mins length to qualify.

However I do believe Flesh Coffin and Psalms are good consideration even though they have more breakdowns than recent singles. But definitely more metal than core

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 am 

PrateekRM wrote:
Fearoth wrote:

We will have to wait till they release the full length album, per rules to consider album should be at least 20mins length to qualify.

However I do believe Flesh Coffin and Psalms are good consideration even though they have more breakdowns than recent singles. But definitely more metal than core

Hey, best regards dude, well, Flesh Coffin principally it was evaluated a 2 years ago and according to Azmodes, close but no dice, in the end, that album didn't pass:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=64985&p=2757244&hilit=+Lorna+Shore+#p2757244

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:16 am 

you dont need to answer for us. unless you are providing evidence for revaluation purposes, or in some other way contributing, please leave the responses to the staff.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

maxy666
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 11:33 pm 

The album was released. So...? Blacklisted or whitelisted? I'm curious.

Bonziepsycho
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:01 am 

The new album Immortal is out now, so does it finally have enough metallic elements to be accepted? It still has some of those stupid slow breakdowns that they've always done, but it has a lot of melodic, technical, and blackened (more than usual) influences this time.

https://music.apple.com/us/album/immort ... 1484867844
https://allinmerch.com/collections/lorna-shore (physicals shipped today 1/31)

Full streaming on Amazon music:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZJY95MD/ref=ap_ws_tlw_alb1

Last edited by Bonziepsycho on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:11 am 

Now it was released, full album:

https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... fs5kxkkbgm

Mmm, the release date says January 31, not January 30.

And that:

https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/01/30/l ... ist-drama/

~Guest 318854
Rare Earth Metal

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:30 am 

Sorry Bonzie, I didn't see the your first :c

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:31 pm 

I specifically came in here to see if this was being talked about already.
I just heard the new album in full, it seems that this album could potentially make them MA acceptable (although what do I know)

Anyway here’s a spotify link
https://open.spotify.com/album/6NHzRTTe ... ANiKcCVOMQ

I am interested if they’re gonna get in.
However, I think it should also be noted that there really isn’t anything “blackened” about the album besides maybe a single riff on the second song. The band just uses the “blackened” term for trendy marketing purposes and nothing more.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:00 pm 

We are currently discussing it.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:36 am 

Mod opinion is pretty evenly divided on this one. At this point we'll keep it blacklisted.

camjr01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:49 pm 

I remember when the last Infant Annihilator album was going to be released soon someone came on with the lead single and asked basically "If the album sounds like this, would it be acceptable?" I figured I would do the same thing, I know the album isn't out yet but I was hoping I could ask- if the next Lorna Shore album sounds like this, can they get on the site:

I've noticed the band has been moving closer to epic black metal with Immortal, and if the rest of the album sounds like that then they've basically just become an epic black metal band with "-core" vocals and tons of breakdowns.

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."- Proverbs 12:15

Long Live the West

Do not do it because it feels right, but because it is right.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:05 pm 

That was a 14 song full-length album. This song is from a 3 song EP. It's a huge difference between the two. If you're referring to this https://lornashorestore.com/products/lo ... s-vinyl-cd that is.

camjr01
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:14 pm 

Quorthallis wrote:
That was a 14 song full-length album. This song is from a 3 song EP. It's a huge difference between the two. If you're referring to this https://lornashorestore.com/products/lo ... s-vinyl-cd that is.

Ahh my bad, I thought the new release was going to be a full length. But then again Agoraphobic Nosebleed got accepted just because of the Arc EP, so bands can still get in off EPs alone. Mods, if that EP is metal enough then Lorna Shore can get their place on the site? Is that right or am I wrong?

"The way of a fool is right in his own eyes, but a wise man listens to advice."- Proverbs 12:15

Long Live the West

Do not do it because it feels right, but because it is right.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:09 pm 

In the case of Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Arc is longer than two of their four full length albums, and only a minute less in length than one of the two that are longer, so it's not that good of a comparison.

But yeah, a 3 song EP isn't going to cut it. If they release more EPs of a similar length it might be okay. But just one? Nah.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Quindorrian
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:47 pm 

Agreed with what others have said. If their next album is along the lines of this EP, then I agree with whitelisting them. The EP is fantastic and certainly very metal, but it remains to be seen if it is a one-off, or representative of where they are going from here on out.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:33 pm 

Quindorrian wrote:
Agreed with what others have said. If their next album is along the lines of this EP, then I agree with whitelisting them. The EP is fantastic and certainly very metal, but it remains to be seen if it is a one-off, or representative of where they are going from here on out.

Please don't join appeals just to say you agree with something or for chit-chat about a band. That's what the Tavern and Metal Discussion are there for. Appeals are just for "User asks question, mods answer" type of stuff. Thanks.

Chainsaw_amp
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:41 pm 

Hi moderators, this might be the 100th time you see something like this but I believe that Lorna Shore should be unblacklisted. Lorna Shore is indeed a Deathcore band and the genre has been looked down upon and I know you all know what bands are more metal and more core. Lorna Shore's newest EP I believe has shown their worthiness to be entered in. The EP is much more metal with not many "core" aspects such as black, power, and symphonic metal elements. I myself did really enjoy the EP though all their other work I don't care for. I think they'd fit in a Blackened Deathcore genre area. If this gets rejected I'd understand why due to the bands history of not great release but if Infant Annihilator is worthy I believe Lorna Shore is to.

Thank you for reading this.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:39 pm 

Chainsaw_amp wrote:
this might be the 100th time you see something like this

Since you assumed this, why didn't you use the search function as the rules state you should? By using it you would've easily found the thread and in it all the answers you need to know. So next time, please use the search function and post in the existing thread.

Djentcore08
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:38 am 

New album coming out in October here are 2 singles from it.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:21 am 

And those singles don't matter in this case at all. Wait for the album.

DYOBETA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:06 am 

Apparently they sound less metal than Soundgarden...

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:22 am 

DYOBETA wrote:

And apparently, you still haven't gotten over Soundgarden after 15 fucking years... Don't post in the appeals forum again if you have nothing of value to contribute.

Norfrisianblackmetal
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:46 am 

Based on the haircut of Will Ramos a ban is justified.

I think they are a shit band, but to be fair, they do sound a lot more death than core nowadays.

Kennermahn
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:02 am 

Norfrisianblackmetal wrote:
Based on the haircut of Will Ramos a ban is justified.

I think they are a shit band, but to be fair, they do sound a lot more death than core nowadays.

Please refrain from sharing your opinion without adding any new information.

Thanks

ThStealthK
Indiana Jones

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 12:03 am 

Newest album:
https://open.spotify.com/album/1WuqlDJb ... Il0qQEGkrA

DYOBETA
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:52 am 

Quorthallis wrote:
DYOBETA wrote:

And apparently, you still haven't gotten over Soundgarden after 15 fucking years... Don't post in the appeals forum again if you have nothing of value to contribute.

Soundgarden is a precedent that would open the gates for many bands that sounds more metal than them, like Led Zeppelin, just to mention one, or Frank Marino, or Rory Gallagher
But since some mods maybe like Soundgarden they just close an eye

I don't care which band is it or not, go figure, just you guys embarass yourself, you want to be true and straight, you end up incoherent...and mostly because the staff has prejudices

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 4:26 am 

DYOBETA wrote:
Soundgarden is a precedent that would open the gates for many bands that sounds more metal than them, like Led Zeppelin, just to mention one, or Frank Marino, or Rory Gallagher
But since some mods maybe like Soundgarden they just close an eye

I don't care which band is it or not, go figure, just you guys embarass yourself, you want to be true and straight, you end up incoherent...and mostly because the staff has prejudices

This topic is about Lorna Shore, not about your bizarre Soundgarden obsession. Also, saying that Rory Gallagher and Frank Marino are more metal than Soundgarden implies that you have either severely damaged hearing or you're downright trolling. Thus we won't take a word you say seriously ever again. With that said, don't derail threads with your whiny bullshit and move on with your life. Seriously, Chris Cornell managed to literally DIE between your last post about Soundgarden in 2007 and your two recent ones.

Quorthallis
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:10 am 

ThStealthK wrote:

And yeah, the vote so far is an overwhelming yes. So I'm just gonna whitelist this.

Reply to topic