Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
snaptite
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:26 pm 

if we are including Cro-Mags and D.R.I. why the heck is Earth Crisis not on here and blacklisted??? Listen to Gomorrah's Season Ends and tell me it's not metal.

Midnight Rider
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:49 pm 

D.R.I. was accepted based on "4 of a Kind", "Thrash Zone", "Definition", "Full Spead Ahead" (all of them Thrash albums) and "Crossover" (Crossover/Thrash).

Cro-Mags was accepted based on "Best Wishes" and "III: Alpha Omega" (Crossover/Thrash).

Earth Crisis was already addressed before.
I share the verdict of the mods: " it's still first and foremost hardcore releases by a hardcore band".

not a metal band. Plus, they share little in common with the style of DRI/Cro-Mags.

Pessipath
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 am 

Earth Crisis is certainly metal enough, their music is driven by thrash/groove metal riffs, not that many hardcore punk riffs at all or at least never the main focus.
Like yeah they're in the hardcore scene and all that but musically they're quite metal.

Especially with later records:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWoBfAfBDWo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGpXCNtimdQ

Compare that to this metallic hardcore song, more focus on fast paced chords rather than start-stop palm muted riffs you'd find on extreme metal records (Not good with terminology on guitar playing but you can make out the difference):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GuBlFjmvGA

NintenTheMetalhead
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 am 

Uhhh, start-stop riffs are an element of core, let me just say that. Sure some extreme metal bands have them, but only very few. Generally those types of riffs are rooted in core.

BastardHead
Worse than the PMRC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:53 pm 

Pessipath wrote:
Any appeal I ever make

No.

Your terminal misunderstanding of the current accepted definitions of hardcore and metalcore haven't changed one bit. Earth Crisis is still a quintessential example of non-metal metalcore, hardcore has evolved into utilizing chugs and breakdowns in like 90% of bands under the label, and in no universe is Avenged Sevenfold an Accept clone. Just stop, you're batting .000, and you will never ram your incorrect definitions through this site.

Don't post in this forum again unless you have a new appeal. This is not a request. Do not resurrect a thread after a decision has been made unless there is new material to evaluate.

Reply to topic