Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Axel666MoWi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:45 pm 

Hi, why is Flesh Tomb from the USA is blacklisted?
I haven't listened to their previous releases but this one : https://fleshtomb.bandcamp.com/ (Torn From The Womb of The Sky) sounds like death metal/hardcore beatdown.
I'm not really into hardcore, but behind the hardcore vocals, there are here and there many death metal/slam parts, which sounds metal to me. Tomb of Knives (as I'm listening to it right now) has slam/brutal death metal riffs, with those palm mutes and tremolos low riffs. If it's not considered as metal, I would like to have some explanations (Hi GuardAwakening I think you'll see this, you're more into this music than me).
The last tracks sounds really (post) black metallish, but tunned with brutal death metal guitars.
By the way, if it's not acceptable, I would like to know what you considere as "too core" or "hardcore beatdown". I'm pretty sure that if the vocals of the tracks 1 to 5 were guttural it would be classified as brutal death metal due to their instrumentals. Maybe the sound of the guitars is not sounding heavy as as some death/brutal death bands.

Sorry for this post, it's a huge waste, I hope you'll get what I mean.
Thanks!

Zodijackyl
Definitely Proportionate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:05 am 

Earlier releases were evaluated and rejected twice, due to someone misspelling the name (possibly evading the blacklist) and we've had several mods deem them more -core than metal.

I see there's a new release as of two days ago. I agree with your assessment that it's beatdown hardcore/death metal, but it seems to be more beatdown than death metal. The last track is an anomaly, I'm not sure what to make of it. I'll leave this open for another mod opinion since I'm too tired to give it another listen, but I'm inclined to uphold the blacklisting.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:38 am 

Agreed

GuardAwakening
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:36 am 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Earlier releases were evaluated and rejected twice, due to someone misspelling the name (possibly evading the blacklist)

Lol I never attempted to do any “evading the blacklist” of any sort. A user originally submitted the band with a misspelled name.
Some time after that, I created a page and submitted the band with their correct name (while being 100% oblivious that the band was ever even submitted prior to my version). I don’t appreciate the accusation that I’d ever attempt to “evade” the blacklist especially when my submission had the correct name intact (Flesh Tomb, not “Fleshtomb”).

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ̿

shwartzheim
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:28 pm 

Evading The Blacklist would be a great name for a some kind of core-styled band. If only i liked core-style music and wanted to form a band.................

rexxz wrote:
it refers to a guitar tuning where you take the E standard scale and "drop" you low E string to a D, enabling you to play power chords with a single finger. It is for noobs and children.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:37 am 

Please keep things strictly on topic.

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Reply to topic