Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Nethracedicon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:35 pm 

A few days ago I submitted a new band called "Nethracedicon" to Encyclopaedia Metallum for consideration. My submission was automatically rejected on the grounds that it was "not a metal band." I am here to tell you that this is NOT true! Nethracedicon is most certainly a metal project. There are numerous, online releases by Nethracedicon that would qualify as metal. The very first release, "Cruel Cycle Of Life" EP is undoubtedly thrash metal. Please see the below link to verify this...

https://nethracedicon.bandcamp.com/albu ... of-life-ep

In addition to the first EP, Nethracedicon's debut full-length "Indiglo Skeleton" is Black Metal, by genre. Please see the below link to verify...

https://nethracedicon.bandcamp.com/albu ... o-skeleton

The last example I will provide as proof that Nethracedicon is metal is the "Disturbing Delusions" compilation. Please see the below link to verify...

https://nethracedicon.bandcamp.com/albu ... -delusions

These recordings are most assuredly "Metal" recordings. If this is not metal, please explain to me why not. What would you honestly classify it as?

I am writing this as a formal appeal to my rejection decision. Please visit the links I have provided and actually LISTEN to the recordings. I would very much appreciate Nethracedicon being added to the Encyclopaedia Metallum and will personally provide any and all information needed to do so. Please consider Nethracedicon as a valid metal project. Thank you for reading. You can reply to me here or contact me directly at Nethracedicon@gmail.com

Last edited by Midnightwards666 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please adhere to the standard topic format for this subforum.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:55 pm 

I had a listen to several tracks from all three albums, and although it's interesting music, this is not Encyclopaedia Metallum material at all, sorry. There are blast beats and screaming, but that alone does not make a metal band. The metal riffs just weren't there. It's a mix of ambient, noise and other genres.

Nethracedicon
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:17 pm 

Midnightwards666,
Thank you for your reply. And thank you for actually listening to some of the material. You say that it is a mix of ambient, noise and other genres... Then guide me... What might be these "other genres"? I have been recording for over 12 years now and do not intend to stop. I actually need to know what this shit is... Can you elaborate some?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:32 pm 

Sure. I'll just quote the blacklist note, which was by a different mod.
"Lots of Keybaord shit, ambient, folk, rock. Everything under the sun, definitely not metal."

The guitars were really muffled and metal riffs were more or less absent. Highly experimental stuff, I think you chose the genre quite wisely in your submission... but any metal was heavily outweighed by the myriad of other influences, mostly ambient. Keep up the recording regardless!

Reply to topic