Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:25 am 

Wizzardstorm from wizzardstorm.bandcamp.com was both blacklisted and banned for next to no reason. The Black Metal archives acknowledges several of their albums to be legitimate however enclyopedia metallum assumed the opposite. This is a gross misjudgement of the sincerity, popularity, and musical legitimacy behind Wizzardstorm. They denied 5-6 full length albums the right to be displayed on the metal archives on the basis that they were bedroom quality, while almost all commercial black metal like Darkthrone and Burzum use this kind of low-fi production techniques, and many artists on the site use these aswell, though Wizzardstorm is penalized for this.

p.s they have 20 releases on bandcamp between public and private, consider it.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:36 am 

The difference between Wizzardstorm and Darkthrone is that Darkthrone knows how to write songs, make a somewhat consistent production and release their stuff on physical media instead of shitting them out onto Bandcamp with little to no effort put into it.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:44 am 

watch your tone ive got 5 albums coming out this year, darkthrone are sick, big fan, just pointing out all the other trash that makes it onto this site unquestioned, yet when I falsify a bands history of 30 years, and list them as norwegian to get me some extra mod brownie points it gets blacklisted and banned.... hmm doesnt seem right. I've had physical releases, you're just not cool enough to hear about them.

https://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/be ... albums.php

seems to be ample material and quality for more reputable review sites.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:02 pm 

You realize that there are 0 reviews for those albums on that site? And if you don't want to provide proof for your physical releases then there's no way your band gets accepted with it's current material. We don't care about you bitching about Darkthrone for whatever reason or where you come from. All that matters is the music and none of your releases meets our criterias for digital-only stuff.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:
watch your tone ive got 5 albums coming out this year, darkthrone are sick, big fan, just pointing out all the other trash that makes it onto this site unquestioned, yet when I falsify a bands history of 30 years, and list them as norwegian to get me some extra mod brownie points it gets blacklisted and banned....

Submitting a band with another country to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. You broke the very explicit rule at your own risk, and you were punished accordingly (banned).
Quote:
I've had physical releases, you're just not cool enough to hear about them.

The onus is on you, the submitter, to provide proof of the existence of physical releases. If you can't, then don't whine when we reject your submission. Digital releases, unlike physical, must be released with a certain level of quality and professionalism to be approved onto the site, which is judged by the staff. Several staff decided Wizzardstorm don't make the cut.
Quote:
seems to be ample material and quality for more reputable review sites.

Means nothing to us. We have our own criteria.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:15 pm 

I think youve missed out on the point, I like darkthrone, I was inspired, just wait until my last 3 records come out. You can /disagree/ if you want but in 30 minutes time when youve turned down the greatest living legend in metal history cos you didn't like his abrasive tones. I was willing to provide proof, always have been, may even still have some kicking about. The fact of the matter is as a website the metal archives lets absolute trash on, ive recently witnessed a 'label' that was owned by a guy who was the only musician across all 8 of the trash bedroom projects, and managed to get each of their trash projects and all their trash albums up on this site.

also 0 reviews is better than any bad ones so try mocking the underground artist whom you refuse to allow any credit or promotion on the basis that they havent recieved much credit or promotion.......

seems to me like the people who run this site are no better than the shitheads who run all those major labels then sit in a pool of their own self envy, smacking their lips at an opportunity to shit on the undiscovered for fear they ever prove themselves to be wrong.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:23 pm 

You can provide proof here instead of ranting against our rules.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 pm 

Ok i'll post a photo once I'm not at work x

Mr Punch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:32 pm 

This is bullshit. Who ever this guy is chatting shit about WS, censoring them, criticising production quality whilst promoting verified wank artists; is about to get banged. Wild Lands is one of the landmark darkthrone/trash/chair metal of the year and you're cutting the artist off. You must seriously have a problem with talent confronting your little establishment here. It's a fucking metal album review site. It harms you non u little bigger. Put the bloody mans albums on to be rated by the masses, not one PUNY adminn.
Swine.
DP

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:57 pm 

1) we are not censoring him, he's free to release whatever he wants
2) this site has rules and ALL band entries and especially submitters have to apply to them
3) what is Chair Metal?
4) good to know you at least agree that it's "trash".
5) we are not a promotional tool, we are an archive, an encyclopaedia that secures information about metal bands.
6) when creating "raw black metal" in the roughest way possible on purpose, one should understand that certain sites won't trust in your efforts in making music.
7) it really isn't that hard to get over our threshhold and onto this site as the guy already pointed out
8) it's not just one admin, multiple people thought this music doesn't meet our criterias
9) the puny swine admin has enough of this bullshit. Good luck trolling someone else.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.