Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:25 am 

Wizzardstorm from wizzardstorm.bandcamp.com was both blacklisted and banned for next to no reason. The Black Metal archives acknowledges several of their albums to be legitimate however enclyopedia metallum assumed the opposite. This is a gross misjudgement of the sincerity, popularity, and musical legitimacy behind Wizzardstorm. They denied 5-6 full length albums the right to be displayed on the metal archives on the basis that they were bedroom quality, while almost all commercial black metal like Darkthrone and Burzum use this kind of low-fi production techniques, and many artists on the site use these aswell, though Wizzardstorm is penalized for this.

p.s they have 20 releases on bandcamp between public and private, consider it.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:36 am 

The difference between Wizzardstorm and Darkthrone is that Darkthrone knows how to write songs, make a somewhat consistent production and release their stuff on physical media instead of shitting them out onto Bandcamp with little to no effort put into it.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:44 am 

watch your tone ive got 5 albums coming out this year, darkthrone are sick, big fan, just pointing out all the other trash that makes it onto this site unquestioned, yet when I falsify a bands history of 30 years, and list them as norwegian to get me some extra mod brownie points it gets blacklisted and banned.... hmm doesnt seem right. I've had physical releases, you're just not cool enough to hear about them.

https://www.bestblackmetalalbums.com/be ... albums.php

seems to be ample material and quality for more reputable review sites.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:02 pm 

You realize that there are 0 reviews for those albums on that site? And if you don't want to provide proof for your physical releases then there's no way your band gets accepted with it's current material. We don't care about you bitching about Darkthrone for whatever reason or where you come from. All that matters is the music and none of your releases meets our criterias for digital-only stuff.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:
watch your tone ive got 5 albums coming out this year, darkthrone are sick, big fan, just pointing out all the other trash that makes it onto this site unquestioned, yet when I falsify a bands history of 30 years, and list them as norwegian to get me some extra mod brownie points it gets blacklisted and banned....

Submitting a band with another country to circumvent the blacklist is a bannable offense. You broke the very explicit rule at your own risk, and you were punished accordingly (banned).
Quote:
I've had physical releases, you're just not cool enough to hear about them.

The onus is on you, the submitter, to provide proof of the existence of physical releases. If you can't, then don't whine when we reject your submission. Digital releases, unlike physical, must be released with a certain level of quality and professionalism to be approved onto the site, which is judged by the staff. Several staff decided Wizzardstorm don't make the cut.
Quote:
seems to be ample material and quality for more reputable review sites.

Means nothing to us. We have our own criteria.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:15 pm 

I think youve missed out on the point, I like darkthrone, I was inspired, just wait until my last 3 records come out. You can /disagree/ if you want but in 30 minutes time when youve turned down the greatest living legend in metal history cos you didn't like his abrasive tones. I was willing to provide proof, always have been, may even still have some kicking about. The fact of the matter is as a website the metal archives lets absolute trash on, ive recently witnessed a 'label' that was owned by a guy who was the only musician across all 8 of the trash bedroom projects, and managed to get each of their trash projects and all their trash albums up on this site.

also 0 reviews is better than any bad ones so try mocking the underground artist whom you refuse to allow any credit or promotion on the basis that they havent recieved much credit or promotion.......

seems to me like the people who run this site are no better than the shitheads who run all those major labels then sit in a pool of their own self envy, smacking their lips at an opportunity to shit on the undiscovered for fear they ever prove themselves to be wrong.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:23 pm 

You can provide proof here instead of ranting against our rules.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:25 pm 

Ok i'll post a photo once I'm not at work x

Mr Punch
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:32 pm 

This is bullshit. Who ever this guy is chatting shit about WS, censoring them, criticising production quality whilst promoting verified wank artists; is about to get banged. Wild Lands is one of the landmark darkthrone/trash/chair metal of the year and you're cutting the artist off. You must seriously have a problem with talent confronting your little establishment here. It's a fucking metal album review site. It harms you non u little bigger. Put the bloody mans albums on to be rated by the masses, not one PUNY adminn.
Swine.
DP

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:57 pm 

1) we are not censoring him, he's free to release whatever he wants
2) this site has rules and ALL band entries and especially submitters have to apply to them
3) what is Chair Metal?
4) good to know you at least agree that it's "trash".
5) we are not a promotional tool, we are an archive, an encyclopaedia that secures information about metal bands.
6) when creating "raw black metal" in the roughest way possible on purpose, one should understand that certain sites won't trust in your efforts in making music.
7) it really isn't that hard to get over our threshhold and onto this site as the guy already pointed out
8) it's not just one admin, multiple people thought this music doesn't meet our criterias
9) the puny swine admin has enough of this bullshit. Good luck trolling someone else.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:25 pm 

The band has released a new album "Only Contact", apparently with an improved sound and production. I am posting the link in a place, where it belongs, so if the mods could please take a look at it...
The album is called "Only Contact": https://wizzardstorm.bandcamp.com/album/only-contact

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:59 pm 

Skipped through it, still kinda rough, but might be fine overall.
Whitelisted, but give Wizzard time to submit it himself.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:02 am 

Any update on this?????????

released another album and got another one coming out

https://wizzardstorm.bandcamp.com/album/only-contact

this ones about space, im sure it should qualify and finally get my name written for eternity in the grande metal archives

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:03 am 

oh wait just saw these previous responses thanks ill get stuff submitted thanks for the whitelist

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 am 

Wait actually It wont let me add any bands on my account so how do I resubmit??? please assist

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:25 am 

Your site account was banned some months ago for blacklist evasion. You tried submitting then-blacklisted Wizzardstorm with another country to get around it. We have zero tolerance for that. The fact that the band has now been whitelisted doesn't change that.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:47 am 

So do i need to make another account to submit the band then??? Yea I remember that its cos they blacklisted the band so i had to find another way of submitting it, im just trying to work out how to finally get on this website, so far ive only been able to assert a presence in the appeals forum

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:14 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:
So do i need to make another account to submit the band then???

I know I complained about the "no mini-modding" rule one too many times, but can't you at least relate that comments like that make me want to punch someone?

Petrus_Steele
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:17 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:
So do i need to make another account to submit the band then??? Yea I remember that its cos they blacklisted the band so i had to find another way of submitting it, im just trying to work out how to finally get on this website, so far ive only been able to assert a presence in the appeals forum

...Usually. Don't ever keep submitting the same band repeatedly.

If your band is rejected, you will receive an email notification (if you didn't receive anything, check in your spam folder). But regardless of your notification settings, you can see the status of your band submissions at all time under My Bands in the top left menu. Rejected bands will be flagged in red.

If your submission was rejected, you may apply corrections (based on the reason posted) and resubmit. Use caution when resubmitting! The mods can see the history of all the changes, and they will know if you have resubmitted without responding to the reason(s) that they gave you. If your band is clearly unacceptable (i.e. not metal, fake, not a valid release), repeated submissions will only a) annoy the moderators, b) result in the band being blacklisted (thus preventing any further resubmission), and c) possibly cause your account to get banned. If you want to object to a band rejection, go here, read the first post, and most of all, BE POLITE.

If a band is still pending acceptance, it will not disappear out of the queue - so there is no need to keep spamming us with the same band over and over again. Just be patient, we'll get to it eventually.

If, for some reason, you believe your band submission did not go through because you got a blank screen or something after your submission, please check if it's present either in your drafts or in the submission queue. If it's not showing up, something went wrong server-side (and we're sorry about that), so do resubmit.

So normally there is absolutely no reason whatsoever to submit a band twice. If you do so by accident, that's acceptable, as browsers can be fickle; but it's hard to double-post something two days apart.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:25 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:

If you want the band to get blacklisted again and your other account banned aswell, feel free to do that. We recommend you don't do that though. Saves us some times and effort.

Well, since Wizzard can't submit the band, Witcher would be up next in the line since he brought up the new release. Go for it, Witcher ;)

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:33 pm 

ahhhhh I see, i'll operate with great stealth in the future as to not raise any flags! thanks for the feedback, you'll have to forgive me for the misunderstandings previously, and i hope with this apology your are able to lift the ban on my account. Thanks x

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:49 pm 

Thanks, Paganiusi, I have already submitted Wizzardstorm nad it is currently pending in the queue.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:11 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:
ahhhhh I see, i'll operate with great stealth in the future as to not raise any flags! thanks for the feedback, you'll have to forgive me for the misunderstandings previously, and i hope with this apology your are able to lift the ban on my account. Thanks x

Apparently this isn't yet clear, so let me make it so: You've been banned from the site and any attempt to register again and evade this will obviously result in another ban. There's a quite unmistakable warning about blacklist evasion and its consequences popping up in bright orange when you try to submit a blacklisted band, so the time for "sorry, I'll be good from now on" is passed.

wizzardstorm
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:36 pm 

Don't worry azmodes i think i get what you're saying, fortunately it seems Witcher is happy to submit it (many thanks) but i think i get what you're saying. so if that one fails and i have to make another account gotta make sure to be very careful and leave no trail so it wont get flagged, i take resubmitting it now would be blacklist evasion even though its on the whitelist cos my accounts banned?? sorry for all the questions todays the first day ive properly looked into the full processes of how the site operates

droneriot
incelgender

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:44 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:
so if that one fails and i have to make another account gotta make sure to be very careful and leave no trail so it wont get flagged,

That's incredible.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:42 pm 

wizzardstorm wrote:
Don't worry azmodes i think i get what you're saying, fortunately it seems Witcher is happy to submit it (many thanks) but i think i get what you're saying. so if that one fails and i have to make another account gotta make sure to be very careful and leave no trail so it wont get flagged, i take resubmitting it now would be blacklist evasion even though its on the whitelist cos my accounts banned?? sorry for all the questions todays the first day ive properly looked into the full processes of how the site operates

Yeah, that's not quite how it works. You wouldn't get banned for your submission, but for creating a new account after being banned, which is ban evasion. The purpose of banning a user is to forbid that person from editing the site, not to punish them with the inconvenience of having to create a new account. The right way to regain access after a ban is to ask - apologize and let us know you have understood your infraction, and that you will be a better user in the future. After that, we sometimes (but not always) give users another chance. I see you tried asking and didn't have any success, so for the reason given by Azmodes, it looks like you will stay banned, sorry.

Reply to topic