Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 



Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Mole666
Mallcore Kid

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:38 pm
Posts: 28
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 am 
 

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - based upon first 2 albums are more southern metal with a metalcore influence

Debut: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nTvWHMzH7Y

II: https://open.spotify.com/album/0bAKnYIt9sYFBZaYYDyuFg

THANKS.

Top
 Profile  
NintenTheMetalhead
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:55 am 
 

Interestingly enough, I was gonna make this thread but I decided that the metal elements are probably out weighed by the southern rock elements and the core elements. That actually may not even be the case. Using the search function, nothing really was given as a reason for their blacklisting.

PS if it does get whitelisted, can I be the one to submit it?

Top
 Profile  
MetalCuresHeadaches
Metalhead

Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:35 pm
Posts: 874
Location: United States
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:03 pm 
 

For completion sake, here's their other two albums, both of which lean more into the southern rock/hard rock genre with a little southern metal from time to time.

III: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... FH28_HHI-r

IV: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... D21E32A660
_________________
islwnd wrote:
Grow the fuck up and mind your own business.

Top
 Profile  
EpicDismemberment
Metal newbie

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:24 am
Posts: 278
Location: Thailand
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:06 am 
 

NintenTheMetalhead wrote:
if it does get whitelisted, can I be the one to submit it?


Hey, give OP a chance. I'm not a mod but it considered rude to submit a band that somebody else has brought up for reevaluation.
_________________
MC on Witcher's band submission wrote:
...Your practice of dumping a dozen links into band submission notes with no context or additional information is a very transparent attempt to always be the first user to submit a band...

Top
 Profile  
PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:49 pm
Posts: 1070
Location: Germany
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:22 am 
 

NintenTheMetalhead wrote:
Interestingly enough, I was gonna make this thread but I decided that the metal elements are probably out weighed by the southern rock elements and the core elements. That actually may not even be the case. Using the search function, nothing really was given as a reason for their blacklisting.

PS if it does get whitelisted, can I be the one to submit it?

If you don't think it's metal in the first place, why should you be the one to submit the band?
_________________
!Low-Life Arrogance!
~Feel free to visit: Blog - Heavy Metal Rarities - Last.FM - Shop~
~Live young, die free~

Top
 Profile  
Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:05 am
Posts: 730
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:24 am 
 

The blacklist note doesn't even have a reason listed. I think this is more rock/-core than metal, but for now I'll leave this open for another mod.
_________________
Formerly known as HouseSpiders
vacca wrote:
"Pointwhoring is no fun. Pointwhoring endangers the life and happiness of millions. It must stop. We appeal in particular to the youth of today, stop the madness. There are better things in life."

Top
 Profile  
NintenTheMetalhead
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:28 am 
 

PaganiusI wrote:
NintenTheMetalhead wrote:
Interestingly enough, I was gonna make this thread but I decided that the metal elements are probably out weighed by the southern rock elements and the core elements. That actually may not even be the case. Using the search function, nothing really was given as a reason for their blacklisting.

PS if it does get whitelisted, can I be the one to submit it?

If you don't think it's metal in the first place, why should you be the one to submit the band?

I know it doesn't really make much sense but I more or less was thinking about metal according to the site's standards. For me I'd say it's metal enough but I'm not sure if it would be metal enough according to the site's standards.

Top
 Profile  
Azmodes
Ultranaut

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:44 am
Posts: 10076
Location: Gradec, Austria
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:29 am 
 

Midnightwards666 wrote:
The blacklist note doesn't even have a reason listed. I think this is more rock/-core than metal, but for now I'll leave this open for another mod.

A name variation entry with an ampersand does have the reason "mallcore". I do agree that it's probably more rock/-core than metal.
_________________
Da Däéfö schlåft nèd. || Last.fm | Goodreads | BOINC - Compute for science!

Stuff for sale on Discogs

Top
 Profile  
NintenTheMetalhead
Metal newbie

Joined: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:12 pm
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:59 am 
 

Mallcore is definitely wrong I can say that for certain lmao. But yeah there's quite a bit of southern rock in it rather than southern metal.

Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

 
Jump to:  

Back to the Encyclopaedia Metallum


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group