Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
miron panaitescu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:39 pm 

Hello. I tried to submit a new band, Skyblood, led by Mats Leven (ex Candlemass, Therion, Yngwie Malmsteen, etc.) The debut album was released on Friday, the 22th of November. The submission attempt was on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have been asked to re-submit it in the release date, as the band had no other releases. I did it on Friday morning (East European Time), but it appeared on the site as submitted on Thursday, the 21st, at 23:49. Since then, the status is pending, although the album is already on Spotify. Did I do wrong submitting it too early, according to USA/Canada time? Or what else should I do? I agree that it is not rejected. But the same situation was with the band Strigoi, fronted by Greg Mackintosh, the songwriter from Paradise Lost. Their album had the same release date and now Strigoi is listed. I just wanted to do something useful. Sorry if I went wrong in any way.

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:43 pm 

Your submission was 11 minutes premature, though now that it's been validated by the passage of time and it seems to be an honest mistake, it won't have any effect on our final decision. See this post: https://www.metal-archives.com/news/view/id/257

miron panaitescu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:56 pm 

Thank you for answering. I understand. Sorry for not reading that post. So now what am I supposed to do? Should I re-submit it?

Midnightwards666
Heavy Metal C-3PO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:01 pm 

Nah, it's fine. It's already in the queue now.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 pm 

Just wait until we get to your submission. We check every band before they get accepted or rejected and that might take a few days or weeks. There's always a lot of stuff in the queue and your submission is still one of them.
You should get a notification once it's accepted/rejected.

miron panaitescu
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:53 pm 

I return on this forum with the Skyblood topic, not waiting for an answer, but after I received an answer who said that the band/project is more rock than metal. I don't feel the same, and many other journalists who wrote (only positive) reviews agreed with me. It is not only that all the reviews are enthusiastic and consider it a great metal masterpiece. It is not only that the leader of the project, Mats Leven, was the frontman of some great metal bands (Candlemass, Therion, Yngwie Malmsteen, Krux, Abstrakt Algebra, etc.), but this album is really metal enough for me, a fan that was not disappointed. Now, the entire album is available on Spotify, and I hope that the moderators will agree that after 30 years in a billion metal bands, now Mats Leven deserves to be present with his own project on Metal Archives.

Last edited by Azmodes on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merged from duplicate thread.

PDS
The Folk One

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:20 pm 

Some things:

1. There already is a Skyblood thread, don't make another one.

2. We don't care what the journalists think. We care what the music actaully is. We did check the entire album fully and to us it sounds more like prog/hard rock than metal due to the lack of riffing overall. It doesn't matter what other projects Leven has been in, all that mattters is that the music is metal by our standards.
I dunno, I'm a guitarist and it always feels like playing a giant cock. Not just that but live music should hit you in the genitals. It might not if you don't use good amplifiers and your modelling shit goes straight out of the PA. But good music hits you HARD in the GENITALS.

Last edited by Azmodes on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merged from duplicate thread.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:38 am 

I gathered some more mod thoughts on this one. Personally, I'm on the fence, but leaning more towards upholding the blacklisting. Other than that, there is one yes, and two nos. So the blacklisting stays.

Reply to topic