Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:34 am 

https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ho ... 3540460881
so what's wrong? it's black/ambient, it's been physically released.
as for shortness - ok, what about this one, for example? submitted by pds, by the way
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Heruka/3540458120
one track is metal, one is ambient. it's not much longer.
should I search for more cases on this site?
as for making new draft just to erase history - nope, it's only your fantasies. I firstly removed the previous one and than thought once again.

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:19 am 

Shadechaser wrote:
as for making new draft just to erase history - nope, it's only your fantasies. I firstly removed the previous one and than thought once again.

I haven't yet checked the band, but even assuming I believe you, it's poor form to just resubmit with zero changes or comments. It's rude at best and deceptive at worst. The correct course of action would have been to create this thread right away instead of trying to brute-force the band through the queue.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:23 am 

surely I respect your point of view, but actually there was no bruteforcing.
I am (at least I do hope so) making useful stuff for years on this site too! and thus I hope you will - not even respect but - at least notice it!
first submission was positioned as black metal, second one (according to what PDS said - note, I respect his point of view!) is black/ambient.
all the rest was written in the end of my previous message... but please tell me then, why Heruka was accepted and this band was not? and it's not the only example here, you know it.

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:19 am 

Just for the information of the thread starter and the mods, who are reviewing this request: The band was submitted yet again, by another user, with the same album:
https://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Ho ... 3540460957

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:25 am 

Shadechaser wrote:
surely I respect your point of view, but actually there was no bruteforcing.

Well alright, but still, please endeavour to be more transparent and also go through the proper channels in the future. Experience has taught us to be suspicious, unfortunately.

Shadechaser wrote:
I am (at least I do hope so) making useful stuff for years on this site too! and thus I hope you will - not even respect but - at least notice it!

We value all useful contributions, but that doesn't mean we'll turn a blind eye to questionable behaviour.

Shadechaser wrote:
all the rest was written in the end of my previous message... but please tell me then, why Heruka was accepted and this band was not? and it's not the only example here, you know it.

Feel free to bring up any bands you feel should be deleted in the appropriate thread. I wasn't involved in the other band's addition, so I can't answer that one in particular right now. Perhaps it should be deleted if it is indeed exactly the same as this case.

As for Holy Portrait, I would agree that it's just too iffy at this point. I'd prefer to wait and see what another release brings. I'll also blacklist it to prevent future submissions for the time being.

Reply to topic