Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
rnrmi
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:32 am 

Hi!

I didn't expect ÁSPERO to be considered "non-metal" when it is actually a very dark, rough and unusual example of acoustic / neofolk / instrumental project. I understand it doesn't have a standart "sound appearance" for "metal" but it looks like the project wants to sound exactly like that: non-standart.

Since we consider bands with acoustic / neofolk / instrumental approach like Empyrium, Fejd, Uaral, Myrkgrav, SIG:AR:TYR (and many more) and celebrate them when using "ethnic instruments" (or emulating them with synths and/or acoustic guitar) maybe a south american example using a real ethnic instrument (brazilian ten-string guitar, called viola de dez cordas) to produce a very dark and harsh neofolk with metal-like elements is so "metal" as the others. I'm not comparing these bands with ÁSPERO, I'm just poiting out how weird, dark and original, in a metal-way, ÁSPERO sounds and looks.
The graphical project looks very "metal" too.
http://www.aspero.site

The full-lenght release "A Casa de Héstia" sounds very doomy, also the two previous EPs.

A tune from "A Casa de Héstia" (digital & vynil)

And one of the previous EP.

Maybe a whitelist?

Thanks and bye;

Krister Jensen
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:00 am 

Sorry, but no. If it's not metal, then it's not acceptable. All the bands on the site than have neofolk/whatever in their genre either do have a metal album or are considered selected exceptions. So unless there's an album where metal riffs are predominant, we can't accept your project for now, sorry.

Reply to topic