Message board

* FAQ    * Search   * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 pm 

Quote:
We require some context for this alleged release. How is/was it being distributed? How many copies made? Where can/could this release be purchased? Could you provide a link to where it can/could be purchased? Do/did any distros/labels/shops carry it? Can you provide a photo of multiple copies visible? Can you provide any more information corroborating distribution, such as people referencing it online, or in tradelists, reviews, articles, flyers, etc.? Lastly, are you sure this release is/was indeed publicly available and not, for instance, a label-only promo?

The quote above was the note on the rejection. To be honest, I don't have proof of any of the examples listed above. I got the E.P. from the band at a show circa 2008, and I wasn't able to find any information about it online when I looked. I took that picture myself, and as far as I know, the only way in which they were distributing them were at shows. Given that it's a pre-release, I assume a full-length was planned after that, but I don't know if it ever came to fruition.

If this still isn't enough info to get them accepted, I understand. I mainly wanted to add them for historical purposes, because they were important to my local scene, and one of the first bands I would regularly see in high school when I started going to shows.

Misotheist - Melodic Black/Death/Thrash Metal
Spotify

Required Fields
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 1:37 pm 

Do you own a physical copy of the EP they made? Could you maybe upload songs from it for the M-A staff? Also, do you still know the band members personally, and maybe they could provide you with the information about it?

That could help get them on, assuming the music is acceptable by M-A standards.

BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:07 pm 

I do own the E.P., and I posted a picture of it to the album entry. The songs from it are all on the Soundcloud link. I thought the fact that I have proof of it would be enough, because it has been for past submissions. I don't know the members of the band personally.

Misotheist - Melodic Black/Death/Thrash Metal
Spotify

Reply to topic